MICHIGAN FIRST CREDIT UNION

MICHIGAN FIRST CREDIT UNION Employer Reviews

High Energy
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: can't sit at the teller line, even if your very pregnant.
Nice place to work and I loved the customers just as much as they loved me. I was pregnant when I was here and I got a lot of girts from clients. Not money, but hand made blankets, diapers, etc. It was nice.
A Place to Look Forward To Coming To
Teller (Former Employee), Lathrup Village, MIAugust 23, 2013
Pros: free lunches, company sponsored sports, free gym, incentive based healthcare savings
Cons: challenging customer base, high turnover, limited dress code
Working for Michigan First Credit Union is an awesome opportunity for anyone looking to maximize their time in the banking industry. The volume of customers is much higher than a typical bank at the Lathrup Village headquarters. This means more experience, in a shorter amount of time. Michigan First has opportunities including toastmasters and other activities that can really add benefit to anyone's resume and portfolio. Though the customer base my have its challenges, the HR team works extremely hard to secure the right talent. If you are a friendly people-oriented person with tough skin who can see the big picture, then Michigan First is the place for you.
Employment Summary
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 19, 2013
Pros: member satisfaction
Cons: not meeting a members needs
Balance ATM machines, run checks for the tellers through check 21, I work with an amazing team, management at my branch has been great with me and my success. Hardest part of my job would have to be telling a member that I am not able to assist them with there loan needs. Most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist my members with there financial needs and them come back to me and trust me with all there finances. I am always learning with my job, in the financial industry learning never stops. I never have a boring day, every day is interesting and fun.
Excellent company to work for.
Teller/ Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Lathrup Village, MIJune 22, 2013
Pros: culture, benefits, people, responsibilities
Cons: schedule
A typical day was always interesting and always fun because I worked with High Schoolers educating them about financial literacy. My team was wonderful and full of energy. The most difficult part of the job was finding a successful work life balance as the hours were sometimes long.
Michigan First is a $640 million credit union, headquartered in Lathrup Village in a beautiful building that includes a gym and game room.
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Lathrup Village, MINovember 15, 2012
Pros: great benefits, beautiful headquarters, professional but creative environment
Cons: few opportunities for advancement
I've worked at Michigan First for over ten years and continue to learn a great deal about marketing and financial services from an outstanding team of hard working individuals. The people are always friendly and focused on succeeding. The leaders are knowledgeable, great to work with, and focused on top notch customer service.

In my ten+ years at Michigan First, the credit union nearly doubled in size and assets. I enjoy being part of company that is driven to succeed and aggressively launches cutting edge products.
General
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Eastpointe, MINovember 1, 2012
Phone calls
Servicing members
account opening
Loan opening and closing.
Balance card machine
Reply to all phone clss s well as email before leaving.
***Management***
Branch manager and Finaicial Sales Manager are Great leaders as well as mentor.
**Co Workers***
Great Team to work for always willing to help each other sucedded.
Productive and employee recreation room, loyal to their members, member events, seminars
Payment Solutions Representative (Former Employee), Lathrup Village, MIMarch 25, 2012
Pros: free coffe and cocoa machine
Good place to work in the beginning, there is an employee recreation room loyal to their member (customers),events and seminars for their members. Employees cannot really make this place a long time career because it's really not oriented and it's not easy to advance there even when you have a degree. You always have to worry about if your job will be secured or not. High turn over rate.