MICHIGAN FIRST CREDIT UNION Employee Reviews in United States

Multi tasking is a big part of the day to day activities.
Assistant Manager Member Services (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 30, 2015
Responsibilities include training team members, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems. In 2015 my direct reports ranged from 12 to 22 MSRs.
Monitor KPI (Key Performance Indicators), make course corrections as necessary, and continuously make improvements to ensure call agents are operating efficiently, meeting/exceeding all quality and service level goals. Taking over escalated calls or call backs to resolve any issues.
Assume full responsibility for the operations of the team during any absence of the Member Service Call Center Manager.
Subject Matter Expert to the internal Lines of Business and other internal departments, to provide guidance, and answer questions.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Payment Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 8, 2015
They're member focus
They provide extensive team for new employee
Twice a year for a full all the employee come together learn where the company is going
Pros
Ticket to Pro Games, Healthcare, Environment
Busy facility
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIAugust 4, 2015
At Michigan First a team member should expect to deliver customer service while making a veriety of monetary and non-monetary transactions. Management are friendly, but stay busy. Co-workers will assist you with all your needs. The hardest part is determining check holds. The most enjoyable part is delivering a great customer experience.
Pros
Great Benefits after 60 days
Cons
No job security
Fun place to work, team oriented
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIJuly 6, 2015
Great company to work for, encourages employees to work smarter and more efficiently. For those persons that are at the top of there game and work effectively with others.
Productive and Great Place to Work
Operations Manager - Electronic Services (Former Employee) –  Southfield MichiganJune 19, 2015
Michigan First Credit Union is a great place to work. You meet a lot of interesting people and wear many hats. The wearing of many hats provides an opportunity to see how all the pieces of the organization, operation and culture fit as a whole. The management team is very much in-tune with providing employees with most innovated tools necessary to getting the job done. There goal is for employees to work smarter not harder with providing platinum customer service to the membership
Pros
Free Workout Gym and Great Health Benefits
Cons
Having to work long hours at times
Senior Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIJune 17, 2015
Overall the job was okay. Management could be unfair at times but you where given some perks. We had to attend inservice which took place on off holidays but it was considered training. Some information was valuable.
A great fun environment with growth
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eastpointe, MIMay 19, 2015
A day at work with look like being with family and friends, you get to talk and help your members and make them apart of the credit union family. In my years here I have learned how to process loans, make the best decisions for the members and become a expert with credit advice.
Pros
Benefits and Training
Cons
N/A
Positive work environment
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 23, 2014
I enjoy the team members. I enjoy having a good time at work - it makes the work day go by faster.
High Energy
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 20, 2014
Nice place to work and I loved the customers just as much as they loved me. I was pregnant when I was here and I got a lot of girts from clients. Not money, but hand made blankets, diapers, etc. It was nice.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
can't sit at the teller line, even if your very pregnant.
A Place to Look Forward To Coming To
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIAugust 23, 2013
Working for Michigan First Credit Union is an awesome opportunity for anyone looking to maximize their time in the banking industry. The volume of customers is much higher than a typical bank at the Lathrup Village headquarters. This means more experience, in a shorter amount of time. Michigan First has opportunities including toastmasters and other activities that can really add benefit to anyone's resume and portfolio. Though the customer base my have its challenges, the HR team works extremely hard to secure the right talent. If you are a friendly people-oriented person with tough skin who can see the big picture, then Michigan First is the place for you.
Pros
free lunches, company sponsored sports, free gym, incentive based healthcare savings
Cons
challenging customer base, high turnover, limited dress code
Employment Summary
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 19, 2013
Balance ATM machines, run checks for the tellers through check 21, I work with an amazing team, management at my branch has been great with me and my success. Hardest part of my job would have to be telling a member that I am not able to assist them with there loan needs. Most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist my members with there financial needs and them come back to me and trust me with all there finances. I am always learning with my job, in the financial industry learning never stops. I never have a boring day, every day is interesting and fun.
Pros
member satisfaction
Cons
not meeting a members needs
Excellent company to work for.
Teller/ Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIJune 22, 2013
A typical day was always interesting and always fun because I worked with High Schoolers educating them about financial literacy. My team was wonderful and full of energy. The most difficult part of the job was finding a successful work life balance as the hours were sometimes long.
Pros
culture, benefits, people, responsibilities
Cons
schedule
Michigan First is a $640 million credit union, headquartered in Lathrup Village in a beautiful building that includes a gym and game room.
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MINovember 15, 2012
I've worked at Michigan First for over ten years and continue to learn a great deal about marketing and financial services from an outstanding team of hard working individuals. The people are always friendly and focused on succeeding. The leaders are knowledgeable, great to work with, and focused on top notch customer service.

In my ten+ years at Michigan First, the credit union nearly doubled in size and assets. I enjoy being part of company that is driven to succeed and aggressively launches cutting edge products.
Pros
great benefits, beautiful headquarters, professional but creative environment
Cons
few opportunities for advancement
General
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Eastpointe, MINovember 1, 2012
Phone calls
Servicing members
account opening
Loan opening and closing.
Balance card machine
Reply to all phone clss s well as email before leaving.
***Management***
Branch manager and Finaicial Sales Manager are Great leaders as well as mentor.
**Co Workers***
Great Team to work for always willing to help each other sucedded.
Productive and employee recreation room, loyal to their members, member events, seminars
Payment Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIMarch 25, 2012
Good place to work in the beginning, there is an employee recreation room loyal to their member (customers),events and seminars for their members. Employees cannot really make this place a long time career because it's really not oriented and it's not easy to advance there even when you have a degree. You always have to worry about if your job will be secured or not. High turn over rate.
Pros
free coffe and cocoa machine