MICHIGAN FIRST CREDIT UNION Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Contracted Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIFebruary 6, 2017
Great and exciting place to work with challenging work, great management, and work/life balance. Plenty of professional and personal opportunities for improvement.
I would not recommend to anyone regardless of circumstance
Server (Former Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIJanuary 30, 2017
Just a very poor overall culture, typical day would begin with management talking about another successful idea at another business then would proceed to do the opposite in a completely oblivious manner. Learned nothing, management was about the worst I ever experienced, culture was one of get as much work as can out of you while giving employees as little back in terms of compensation or respect. Often misled employees in their intentions and would surprise employees with scheduling making it very hard to plan for holidays or time off. Like to leave options till the very last moment. Take a day off or have a holiday, definitely expect OT to make it up. Every vacation day equals OT the next week. Hardest part was the poor leadership and overall terrible, nasty culture. Some of the other employees were nice but it was depressing to work there and there was an endless stream of management and employees complaining non stop. Just a very negative and poorly managed place.
Pros
Cons
Average pay, bad amangement, poor growth opps, healthcare costs and poor benefits
This is a great place to work.
Student Teller (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 10, 2017
As a student teller in Michigan First, I had an excellent time. It provided me with good work experience in a field that's normally difficult to enter.
Growing work place
Sr. Administrative Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIDecember 15, 2016
I sent 20 years there and they are a nice company. I have learned to be an effective team leader. I also learned to focus on the Imaging and operations duties with expertise.
Pros
I could take my lunch when i wanted.
Cons
Management needs to be more understanding when it come to assisting employees.
Ok place to work
Call Center Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MISeptember 25, 2016
Great CEO, overall a good company and is extremely member focused. Turn around rate is HIGH for team members and supervisors, call center management is poor and shifts could be better.
Review
Payment Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MISeptember 16, 2016
Michigan First Credit Union is a great place to work. I have learned a lot about the industry and have had opportunities to experience many great things.

The people who work at MFCU are second to none.
Pros
People
Cons
NA
n/a
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIAugust 17, 2016
In store days are working 10-7pm ever day by one early day. Servicing members and most importantly doing what IS RIGHT. It is a very rewarding feeling.
Word place ever: Worked in the call center
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pick 1August 4, 2016
Terrible management. 0 breaks with 1 hour for lunch or cut to 30 minutes ( before they got reported and had to stop cutting people's lunches). Unprofessional. No room for advancement and HORRIBLE work culture. No recognition in the call center. Pure nightmare.
Pros
I no longer work there
Cons
EVERYTHING
Great Experience
CANDIDATE SOURCING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIDecember 16, 2015
Nice place to work for, they have a good work culture. They also have a concierge service, which cant be beat! The people there make the work enjoyable.
Multi tasking is a big part of the day to day activities.
Assistant Manager Member Services (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 30, 2015
Responsibilities include training team members, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems. In 2015 my direct reports ranged from 12 to 22 MSRs.
Monitor KPI (Key Performance Indicators), make course corrections as necessary, and continuously make improvements to ensure call agents are operating efficiently, meeting/exceeding all quality and service level goals. Taking over escalated calls or call backs to resolve any issues.
Assume full responsibility for the operations of the team during any absence of the Member Service Call Center Manager.
Subject Matter Expert to the internal Lines of Business and other internal departments, to provide guidance, and answer questions.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Payment Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 8, 2015
They're member focus
They provide extensive team for new employee
Twice a year for a full all the employee come together learn where the company is going
Pros
Ticket to Pro Games, Healthcare, Environment
Busy facility
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIAugust 4, 2015
At Michigan First a team member should expect to deliver customer service while making a veriety of monetary and non-monetary transactions. Management are friendly, but stay busy. Co-workers will assist you with all your needs. The hardest part is determining check holds. The most enjoyable part is delivering a great customer experience.
Pros
Great Benefits after 60 days
Cons
No job security
Fun place to work, team oriented
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIJuly 6, 2015
Great company to work for, encourages employees to work smarter and more efficiently. For those persons that are at the top of there game and work effectively with others.
Productive and Great Place to Work
Operations Manager - Electronic Services (Former Employee) –  Southfield MichiganJune 19, 2015
Michigan First Credit Union is a great place to work. You meet a lot of interesting people and wear many hats. The wearing of many hats provides an opportunity to see how all the pieces of the organization, operation and culture fit as a whole. The management team is very much in-tune with providing employees with most innovated tools necessary to getting the job done. There goal is for employees to work smarter not harder with providing platinum customer service to the membership
Pros
Free Workout Gym and Great Health Benefits
Cons
Having to work long hours at times
Senior Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIJune 17, 2015
Overall the job was okay. Management could be unfair at times but you where given some perks. We had to attend inservice which took place on off holidays but it was considered training. Some information was valuable.
A great fun environment with growth
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eastpointe, MIMay 19, 2015
A day at work with look like being with family and friends, you get to talk and help your members and make them apart of the credit union family. In my years here I have learned how to process loans, make the best decisions for the members and become a expert with credit advice.
Pros
Benefits and Training
Cons
N/A
Positive work environment
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 23, 2014
I enjoy the team members. I enjoy having a good time at work - it makes the work day go by faster.
High Energy
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 20, 2014
Nice place to work and I loved the customers just as much as they loved me. I was pregnant when I was here and I got a lot of girts from clients. Not money, but hand made blankets, diapers, etc. It was nice.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Can't sit at the teller line, even if your VERY pregnant.
A Place to Look Forward To Coming To
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIAugust 23, 2013
Working for Michigan First Credit Union is an awesome opportunity for anyone looking to maximize their time in the banking industry. The volume of customers is much higher than a typical bank at the Lathrup Village headquarters. This means more experience, in a shorter amount of time. Michigan First has opportunities including toastmasters and other activities that can really add benefit to anyone's resume and portfolio. Though the customer base my have its challenges, the HR team works extremely hard to secure the right talent. If you are a friendly people-oriented person with tough skin who can see the big picture, then Michigan First is the place for you.
Pros
Free lunches, company sponsored sports, free gym, incentive based healthcare savings
Cons
Challenging customer base, high turnover, limited dress code
Employment Summary
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 19, 2013
Balance ATM machines, run checks for the tellers through check 21, I work with an amazing team, management at my branch has been great with me and my success. Hardest part of my job would have to be telling a member that I am not able to assist them with there loan needs. Most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist my members with there financial needs and them come back to me and trust me with all there finances. I am always learning with my job, in the financial industry learning never stops. I never have a boring day, every day is interesting and fun.
Pros
member satisfaction
Cons
not meeting a members needs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MICHIGAN FIRST CREDIT UNION. Our community is ready to answer.

MICHIGAN FIRST CREDIT UNION Reviews by Location