Michigan Medicine Employee Reviews

great place
Transplant Donation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 11, 2017
Great place to work. A learning environment that fosters innovation and collaboration. Many opportunities surrounding research and cutting edge healthcare.
Enjoyable place to work
PAR Team Supervisor- Inventory Control Analyst, Sr (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 5, 2017
Depending on the department you work in determines support and culture provided. Healthcare can be stressful as patient needs drive performance and outcomes.
Fair practices, education focused, respectful environment
Medical Director - Dr. Ayesha Ahmad (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 22, 2017
Job training was focused and learning encouraged. Fast paced workload, with supportive management.
Respectful staff and management.
I really enjoyed the patients, staff, and management. The job was rewarding and I will miss it.
Excellent benefits
Registered Nurse, Oncology Unit (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 21, 2017
You apply for the prestige of working at the blue and gold but you stay for the benefits! This place is amazing. The budget for equipment is out of this world so everything is state of the art. Its a research hospital for crying out loud! The most cutting edge technology and treatments are there. If you are one of the chosen, stay there its great.
Pros
Benefits hello!
Cons
Parking
Healthy and fun
Administrative Assistant Senior (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 17, 2017
I worked in the Materiel Services Department for 28 yrs. and had career growth throughout my years. I really enjoyed my co-workers and empowering staff when i conducted department orientation. There was a lot of good times in the department. We had hard work to complete due to the patients needs daily. Patient care was our business that we strived for. I had to transfer to a new department once my manager retired. Working in the Materiel Services department was a healthy work family.
Pros
Many job opportunities
Cons
Bad communication skills from some management team members
excellent,great team,very professional place to work in
Clerical and Data entry/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 13, 2017
It was a productive Day everyday
always something new to learn
Eceptional working skills from everyone I got to work with.
Serious,compassionate and respectful place to work in.
beautiful different areas to work in.
Dedicated to patients well being.
employes always with a great attitude towards patients.
everyone is so happy to have the great opportunity to work at University of Michigan.
Cons
in my case it was the temporary Job
Other then the who you know mentality and paying for parking is awsome place to work
Chef Assistant (Current Employee) –  B2 kitchenNovember 10, 2017
Its who know there weather or not you get a job or a job with more hours ! Highly competitive, but jobs are plentiful for the right person. You transfer from Michigan medicine to campus wide and back again! U of m takes good care of thier employees! And once your in you are in. Best way in is through a temp position, and when a job opens up and you apply and get it your in for life!
Pros
Benfits hands down the best ever!
Cons
Employee’s Pay for parking
Busy
Architect (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 7, 2017
A growing amount of work and a shrinking workforce. Labor costs are growing and budgets are shrinking. Some people counting the days to retirement. Busy and political
Pros
health benefits
Cons
politics
Great hospital
Patient Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 26, 2017
Great hospital to work in. Very diverse and knowledgeable staff. Beautiful campus and views. Great experience for nursing students and other health-care students. Pay isn't very great because of the position I work currently.
Poor Management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 26, 2017
Poor understanding of the Healthcare polices for medicare guidelines and compliance regulations. Need to review the rules and need to become education.
Exciting place of employment
Unit Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 24, 2017
Great benefit package, and helpful community resources. Very close to home within walking distance and very close to public transportation bus line. Room for advancement.
Pros
Resources
Cons
Difficult shift changes.
Extrermely busy department to work in.
Dept. of Radiation Oncology, Admin. Asst. Inter. (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 16, 2017
A typical day was to hit the ground running as soon as I clocked in. I learned that communication is paramount to a successful working relationship. Management was lacking in my department. The workplace culture was fast-paced and go, go, go as soon as I got to work. The hardest part of my job was supporting more faculty than one person could humanly accomplish. Management did not provide any assistance or acknowledgement regarding the situation. The most enjoyable part of my job was forming relationships which made it easier to support/assist my faculty.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management (or lack thereof)
great benefits, horrible parking
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 15, 2017
A great place to work, the people and work atmosphere is great, and a great learning experience. The parking situation is terrible! Unfortunately the last manager I had was a less than pleasant experience, other than the one manager, the people have been great!
Productive and fun environment
Warehouse Operations (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 14, 2017
Working at U of M health care is an exciting experience and a secure job with valuable benefits for an employee and his/her family members. I hope I fill a professional position with this employer soon on the future. It is a plus to work and interact with such management and employees by providing a family-like environment.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 11, 2017
University of Michigan Health System is a great place to work. Always room for knowledge and growth. Advancement opportunities. Work as a team and individually.
Pros
They treat there staff great, awesome benefits.
Cons
Parking
productive and fun work enviroment
Phlebotomy specialist (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIOctober 11, 2017
I absolutely loved my job at Michigan Medicine, However when they changed management for my department it became unbearable. before that it was a perfect job.
Pros
very smooth work flow
Cons
management
great place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 10, 2017
I would recommend this hospital to everyone. Great nurses and nursing management. Great teaching hospital. Opportunity for career advancement. Atmosphere is great.
Stressful
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 3, 2017
I enjoyed my coworkers and overall my daily job duties during my employment. It was stressful but also rewarding. I only work in the blood bank, so I can't say much about the other departments in pathology.
Overview of managing outpatient clerks at UMMC with pros and cons
Lead Outpatient Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIOctober 1, 2017
The monthly duties of this position included:

Scheduling all clerical staff coverage. This was a difficult endeavor due to several part time staff members inflexibility. It then became my duty to cover their position in addition to my responsibilities.

Training new personnel in various duties of clinic. This was positive and rewarding because our temporary staff was enthusiastic.

Formatting the computer generated physician clinics including days at our site, considering variable times for new patients and referrals.

Collecting time sheets and submitting them to payroll.

Attending staff meetings and accommodating requests from physicians and management.

Addressing any concerns or complaints of patients and resolving the issue.
Pros
Appreciation of physicians, friendships established and excellent benefits.
Cons
Uncooperative employees, no time for breaks, covering our RN manager's duties while she was on medical leave.
Great job!
Client Support and Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 30, 2017
I loved working at UMHS. The job was fantastic, the customers / clients were great and the work environment was good. I was offered a better job elsewhere but the job turned out a bust being that the other company had financial difficulties.
I regret ever leaving UMHS :(
Pros
Great steady work and exciting to be working there
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michigan Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3