Michigan Milk Producers Association Employee Reviews

Good place to work for kids out of high school
Sanitation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ovid, MIOctober 23, 2017
MMPA was a good place to work when i started but now that i am toped out i can not advance in my career. A typical day at MMPA is bad management, poor planning and waisted product. I enjoy the people i work with, we have a good team and together we can accomplish anything.
Management lost sight
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ovid, MISeptember 21, 2017
I would make sure I had all the employees that were scheduled for that shift. I learned to manage people. Managment was so disconnected to the workforce it was hard to deal with employees being a middle manager in the company. I walked on pins and needles all the time, couldn't trust anyone. The hardest part was dealing with employees that had gotten away with misbehavior for so long it had become the "norm". Dealing with Management. Working 3rd shift was a breeze. No upper management around.
You have to fit in with the co- works, myself I'm a leader not a follower
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Ovid, MISeptember 12, 2017
This plant is located in a very small city, everyone knows everyone, outsiders that start here have a hard time with co-workers.

The pay in maintenance is not bad, but to advance is almost impossible.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Advancement
Disorganized
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ovid, MIAugust 10, 2017
Organizationally, this company prefers to "put out fires" rather than perform root cause analysis to permanently address their problems. Meetings are consistently changed last-minute, communication is poor, and job roles are not clearly defined or maintained. Hourly employees are not invited to corporate celebrations. Communication between management and hourly employees is abysmal, with crucial information not being communicated to those directly responsible for the company's success. Morale is very low for the majority of the hourly employees. Forced overtime is a common occurrence, with some employees informed as they are waiting to clock out at the end of their shift.
Don't bother
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ovid, MIJuly 18, 2017
This company has no morals or values... managers are always looking to do you wrong. Plant managets do not have your back and either does the union you pay for.
The management team was great to work with
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ovid, MIApril 11, 2017
I learned allot from the Engineering Team, and was proud to be apart of this team. They were not concerned that I did not have any Supervisor time, but I did have the maintenance time and they could work with that.
too laid back
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Constantine, MIJanuary 25, 2017
No communication from management,union shop,trainer got away with sitting in the break room all night,every night!they had 40 employees,12 were supervisors?
benefits
Cons
no communication
A clean healthy work environment
General Manager, Secretary (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 6, 2015
A good company to work for with dedicated staff and caring employees. High quality products and much pride in ownership. The farmer members were loyal and a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Working for a company that produces products people need and love.
Cons
Demanding and sometimes stressful
Energetic Work environment
Night Watchman/ General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Constantine, MIAugust 14, 2013
This company is known for their amazing products and excellent working environment. The plant is very clean.