Michigan Primary Care Association (MPCA) has been the voice for Health Centers and other community-based providers in Michigan since 1980. It is a leader in building a healthy society in which all residents have convenient and affordable access to quality health care. MPCA’s mission is to promote, support, and develop comprehensive, accessible, and affordable quality community-based primary care services to everyone in Michigan. For more information, please visit www.mpca.net.
The Outreach, Education and Enrollment Program Coordinator is responsible for providing programmatic support to MPCA’s Access Team including (but not limited to) projects focused on health insurance coverage outreach and enrollment, patient education and health navigation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Provides educational support to the outreach and enrollment program.
a. Coordinates regular training opportunities focused on outreach and enrollment, patient education, health navigation and other topics as appropriate.
b. Monitors and disseminates pertinent training opportunities for members and partners through multiple channels.
2. Provides assistance to Health Center outreach and enrollment staff.
a. Coordinates network meetings, conference calls and webinars.
b. Responds to inquiries via email, phone and conference call to answer questions and resolve barriers for organizations engaged in coverage outreach, patient education and enrollment assistance.
3. Develops and maintains resources.
a. Networks with federal, state and local agencies and partners to determine needs and understand infrastructures for outreach and enrollment.
b. Assists in the creation and dissemination of resources and tool kits to support members and partners in outreach and enrollment.
c. Monitors, incorporates and shares pertinent resources and materials with members and partners through multiple channels.
4. Drafts and publishes communications.
a. Assists in creating and editing meaningful technical assistance responses, Q&As and other materials.
b. Publishes materials to social media, blogs, websites and other venues to grow the member and partner knowledge base.
5. Supports MPCA staff and leadership in all activities related to health insurance coverage outreach and enrollment, patient education, health navigation and voter registration.
6. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Public and private health insurance options, community partnership development, community outreach, health policy, health communication and/or health education.
- Community-based primary health care systems and the needs of medically underserved populations.
- Word processing, spreadsheets, data base software, and the use of electronic communication technology including basic website editing/maintenance and social media.
- Ability to assess situations and problem solve to determine the appropriate solution.
- Ability to prioritize work based on deadlines
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing complex and/or technical information.
- Ability to build credibility and trust with members and partners.
- Ability to work with individuals from varied professional backgrounds and diverse cultures.
- Ability to thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive partner relations.
- Proficient in social networking.
- A Bachelor’s degree in public health, health education, health communication, health services administration, social work or similar or a combination of relevant education and work experience or 1-3 years of relevant work experience with high school diploma.
- Experience providing outreach and/or enrollment services to clients and community members.
MPCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.