MICHIGAN SCHOOLS & GOVERNMENT CREDIT UNION

MICHIGAN SCHOOLS & GOVERNMENT CREDIT UNION Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Stable organization with great advancement opportunities
Branch Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MIFebruary 28, 2017
I've worked at the credit union for just under 2 years. I have been promoted from a Teller to a Branch Service Specialist during that time and received great training to prepare me for my new role. My manager is knowledgeable and patient. I'm a part of a really great team.
The benefits here are fantastic. We get a medical plan paid for by the CU, and money put into our 401k even if we don't contribute into it. We get a lot of sick and vacation time too.I'm really glad I've started my career here!
Pros
Benefits, incentives, paid time off
Cons
some technology is outdated
No Career Enhancement
Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 23, 2016
I've been working for this company several years now and starting to feel stuck. There is zero career enhancement programs. You learn things on your own. My manager doesn't promote learning or advancement opportunities. You have to beg for it.

The culture is nice though and it varies depending on which Dept you're in. Some managers are really great to work with. My manager is rude and difficult. HR is aware and does nothing. Trust is repeatedly abused. Things get swept under the rug. But people in general are very nice and friendly.
Pros
401k, location, friendly culture
Cons
No career development, hit or miss management style, don't depend on HR to back you up
Waste of time! This company needs a major turn around!
teller (Former Employee) –  Macomb County, MISeptember 29, 2016
They still operate on Microsoft DOS! The upper management has their blinders on and do not focus enough attention as to the way the branches are running. A common scenario; 4 tellers scheduled 2 tellers including the "head teller" are in the drive thru with barely any cars coming, another teller working on ATM transactions on the teller line, as members wait too long in line to do their basic banking transactions because that leaves 1 out of 4 tellers to actually wait on them. The managers are busy talking to each other to even be aware of the situation. Don't waste your time here because it is hard and takes along time to move up in any position.
Pros
great 401k
Cons
poor moral and low pay
Awesome organization
Retail Services (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 30, 2015
I have been with MSGCU for three years and absolutely love it. I've had former employers ask me to come back but will never leave. It's a small enough organization that you feel like a family, but strong and successful enough to have the technology and training you need.
Pros
Lot's of free food, great benefits
Cons
Senior management can be slow to change
Great Benefits
IS Technician (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 3, 2015
Great Health Benefits. Great place to work as long as you are not in the IT Dept. They expect way too much from you and don't provide you with any support when you need assistance on a project.
Pros
Health Benefits, 401k
Cons
Co-workers
Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MIMay 22, 2012
Very tedious position the taught me to pay very close attention to detail!