Michigan State University

Michigan State University Employee Reviews

review
Departmental Aide (Current Employee), East Lansing, MIMay 11, 2015
Its a productive fun working place. I enjoyed working in a professional environment. They treated me with so much respect.
Great place to have a career
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), East Lansing, MIMay 8, 2015
My work day can be very very fast paced at times. I support over 200 employees in many different aspects. Communication is a very important aspect of my position here at MSU.
Relaxed friendly work environment
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee), East Lansing, MIMay 5, 2015
I enjoy seeing regular patients and getting to know them. My co-workers are friendly and willing to help when needed. The clinic I work was a challenge at first because I didn't know much about allergy injections. My willingness and want to learn more about injections has helped me run my clinic smoothly and assist patients and co-workers with questions.
RA for grad school
Research Assistant (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIApril 30, 2015
Research Assistant job pays for tuition and living stipend. It is a semi job semi fellowship program, aiming to produce research results for Ph.D degree
Beautiful facility.
Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Augusta, MIApril 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Hard to maintain historic buildings.
A wonderful place to work,beautiful landscaping and historic buildings posed unique challenges.Great management and coworkers.The challenges of dated equipment and buildings(some close to 100 years old) and limited budget could be difficult.Hosted some stunning weddings as well as large functions that showcased the beauty of the property.
Great Workplace
Consessions (Current Employee), East Lansing, MIApril 12, 2015
the atmosphere was great, I really enjoyed everybody I came into contact with while working for Michigan State University
Student Sup
Student Supervisor (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIApril 7, 2015
Awesome work place. I really love they family ordinated workplace south created. I worked as a student, and they treated me with much respect.
Working at MSU
Concessions Reconciliation Assistant (Current Employee), East Lansing, MIApril 6, 2015
I have enjoyed working at MSU in the different departments. I have gained different insights and hands-on experience.
Both professional and easy going place to work
Graphic Design Intern (Current Employee), Lansing, MIApril 1, 2015
A typical day at work involves me reporting to the Department of Art, Art History, and Design Outreach Coordinator and receiving a to-do list for the day. Tasks include, but not limited to, creating Visiting Artist Lecture posters and corresponding web-based marketing material, creating miscellaneous posters for the department, hanging posters around the art building, photographing current work in the art building exhibition spaces, contacting printing companies, helping with exhibition label templates for upcoming shows, etc. The most enjoyable part of my job is working closely with the graphic design faculty and being involved within the department.
oncall
on-call (Current Employee), East Lansing, MIMarch 30, 2015
I manage my time well and I'm able to get my work down in a timely manner. I clean public restrooms along with cleaning the living quarters of the msu students. I work well together in a team and maintain good communication with my staff and management.
Exciting work environment
Server / Front of House (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great work environment.
Cons: School breaks and time off without pay.
• Fast paced and fun. I learned more about Culinary Services and what it takes to meet production. Management and co-workers were great.
Good people to work with.
Building Maintenance/Custodian (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great campus and friendly students.
Cons: Management can be a little iffy and occasionally plays favorites.
Coworkers are great.
The work is very productive.
Campus is beautiful.
Students are friendly.
Greta benefits if you can get in full time.
A great place to work and team oriented
Student Clerical Assistant (Current Employee), East Lansing, MIMarch 19, 2015
It's a great place to work and the management care about their employees wellbeing. Everyone that is affiliated with this companies are like a family.
productive and fun workplace
Arabic tutor (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIMarch 11, 2015
Pros: you can choose your schedule
Cons: n/a
Working at Michigan State University has been a great experience. First of all, It is a fast past environment. In addition, you have to be super organized especially regarding time management since you are a student and a tutor simultaneously. As well it teaches you patience, since tutoring a foreign language is not an easy task. You learn to see potential in people and you learn how to communicate with different mentality of people.
At the end of the week, you fill out a report stating the hours that you worked and the progress of each student and what you have tutored them.
Moreover, the management is great they do care about both the student and the tutors and they are always ready to listen to your suggestions. As well they let the tutors take initiative in projects.
Finally, the coworkers are really friendly and supportive.
I loved working at MSU
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free lunch meals
It was great working with the students. I worked in the Omlet station and took orders for the students. I prepared cooked as well as served them as they become complete. My coworkers were lovely and very entertaining. The hardest part of working there was actually being around the food and trying to be on a diet.
Able to learn new ideas and implement them
Administrative Assistant I. Responsibilities (Former Employee), East Lansing, MichiganFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: close to east lansing downtown.
Cons: parking
able to advance. Training available to learn new skills. Kept busy.
Had a supportive supervisor.

I love MSU and working there.
Grad TA
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), East Lansing, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Typical graduate TA duties. Run labs for undergrads, grade papers, meet with them for office hours when they don't understand something. Professors that oversee the labs are generally helpful and supportive of TAs.
Nice and Easy
Cashier/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIFebruary 9, 2015
Be able to handle lots of people at the same time. Lots of friendly faces willing to help you succeed. Every day you must count money and scan cards. It teaches accountability and customer service.
Undergraduate assistant
Department of Surgery, Student Lab Assistant (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: a lot of experience
Cons: short amount of time to accomplish all of work.
Assist P.I and researchers on various projects, and laboratory maintenance. Opportunity to learn research techniques while still taking undergraduate courses. Helpful environment, everyone is willing to teach.
Nice Work and Study Place
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), East Lansing, MIFebruary 9, 2015
Finish the course of that day and participate as much as I can in the lab to do research and learn how to design experiments, check instruments, operate fixtures in the right way, etc.

1 2 3 4 5