Michigan State University Employee Reviews

Productive and nice work place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMarch 24, 2017
It was a good place to work and I enjoyed my time there. It was not too stressful and had a lot of fun activities to do after work. Also, we often engaged in community service.
Pros
Nice and fun environment
Cons
Cold
Challenging and Awarding for Students.
Programming Facilitator (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMarch 20, 2017
Allowed me to develop valuable skills as a student. Went to weekly meetings. Approved budgets for programming at the University. Coordinated with affiliates on what programs were a good cultural fit.
Cons
unpaid
Great place to do research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMarch 19, 2017
Allows for students to participate in physics research. Allows for students to choose their own hours and have the flexibility to research what they find to be interesting.
Intense but enjoyable
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 16, 2017
I am a 3rd-year graduate student and I enjoy working in finite element analysis and studying deformation behavior using advanced computational models.
Great place, professional
University Council (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMarch 12, 2017
A professional place with professional dealings. Any association here is properly run and is overseen by very effective management. I highly recommend being a part of MSU.
Job during my senior year at MSU
Instructional Staff (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMarch 9, 2017
MSU was a great chance to provide assistance to the director of my program by working alongside her during my senior year. The job taught me very much about time management, being that I was a student myself.
Great place to work and for a long career
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMarch 8, 2017
I loved working at MSU. I began when I was just 18 years old and on the job trained. I was promoted several times from the lowest level to almost the highest. I worked with intelligent people and overall was a great place to work.
productive and fun workplace
Culinary Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 7, 2017
I enjoyed working here. It gave me experience in diverse cultural foods as well as customer service experience..it was a fast paced interesting environment. Although job placement/advancement was not a high point due to lack of communication and job recognition
Pros
free lunches and experience
Cons
short breaks, no raises, lack of hours, and summer breaks meant being laid off
Nice place to work, no complains
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMarch 3, 2017
Nice location, facilities, easier to balance work/life, as compared to some other schools, decent benefits for postdocs, good trainnig.
It was a friendly and comfortable work environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIFebruary 26, 2017
It was a friendly and comfortable work environment. You have to work between departments to achieve a common goal. There was never a day I dreaded going into work.
Great place with great people passionate about their jobs
Current employee (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIFebruary 23, 2017
Its rare to see a strong collaborative environment where people are focused on impact rather than merely having a job. Michigan state University fosters good work culture and promotes impactful learning
Great atmosphere
PhD Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIFebruary 16, 2017
Very great College, as a Ph.D. student, I can observe a good place to work, competitive and fair. Open mind culture, it has an atmosphere that stimulates the professional and personal improvement.
Excellent Place to Work
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIFebruary 13, 2017
Excellent place to work in that counterparts are truly respectful and professional. Beautiful campus. Comparable salaries and benefits, including employee discounts.
excellent
Graduate Assistant/Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIFebruary 11, 2017
great place to work while finishing masters. chance to work with staff and learn more about opportunities in finance. convenient place to work
Online program for the NBA Professional Development
Development and Management Program (Former Employee) –  OnlineFebruary 4, 2017
This has help me build my knowledge of business management, i really enjoyed the program, while working to get better at managing my business great for those that want to get better.
Strong research university with good staff benefits
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIFebruary 2, 2017
Michigan State University fosters a healthy research environment by supporting researchers, encouraging diverse discussion, and standing for staff and student rights.
All around great life opportunity
Server (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 26, 2017
The best job I've ever worked.
I've never met such a great work team in the little time I worked there unfortunately, I would love to go back to work for them.
Great place to teach and sing.
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  College of Music, MSU, East Lansing, MIJanuary 25, 2017
Enjoyable workplace and great colleagues. My students were a pleasure to teach and I enjoyed watching them grow and become the performers and teachers they are now.
Great School
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJanuary 22, 2017
As a student, I truly enjoyed my jobs at Michigan State University. They offered great opportunity for growth and mentoring.
Instructor and teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJanuary 18, 2017
Good experience as a phD student. I did two phDs and a master. It was great and I really enjoyed people and environment. I had more than 1500 student and a really good group research.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michigan State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4