Michigan State University Employee Reviews

Wonderful professors to work under
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MISeptember 12, 2017
I worked in Large Animal Clinical Sciences at the Vet Clinic. I worked on various research projects with swine and dairy cattle. Everyday was something different and interesting. Loved the professors I worked under.
Pros
Learning experiances
Cons
smelled like a pig at the end of the day
A great place to learn and conduct research
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MISeptember 12, 2017
Michigan State University’s Hancock Turfgrass Research Center is amazing. You are always conducting relevant research studies, and using up to date equipment. It is a great atmosphere, and there is a lot to learn.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
sometimes repetitive work
Excellent place to learn new skills while earning degrees.
Operations Management Intern (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MISeptember 7, 2017
Worked there as a college student in culinary services, in the test kitchen/commissary/food truck department. Worked with excellent people and wonderful managers. Opportunities for advancement were common. Best part of working there were the people, worst part were that many of the employees were students. High turnover rate but not for a lack of opportunities or hours.
Pros
Management, good workers
Cons
Not enough full time staff, employees were students
Excellent Workplace
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 7, 2017
Excellent workplace my boss cared about my success and wanted me to be successful, I learned a tremendous amount from my work here. The team and the impact they have on the community was second to none.
Productive workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ingham County, MISeptember 6, 2017
The workplace culture is less hierarchical. The employer provides a very warm environment. Resources are adequate and are updated in a timely manner to ensure productive work place.
Great student work
Student Developer (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MISeptember 5, 2017
Research was never something that I was interested in, but as a result of working this job, I learned that research isn't always necessarily what you first think of when you hear the word. The main professor I worked for had an interest in outreach, so our "research" pertained to that. I would highly recommend any university student to get involved in research if you can. You might be surprised by what type of work awaits you.
Fun place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIAugust 31, 2017
I enjoyed working for the university, being a teachers assistant was a great position which offered me a chance to see a different side of classes and was very beneficial when searching for internships
Good health insurance and dinning service
Research Assistant in data analysis (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIAugust 27, 2017
I analyze data everyday. The good part is that MSU can sponsor your working visa all the time as an nonprofit education organization. The institute provide enough resources to train your skill and especially the data analysis and coding skills. There are many fund for you to apply for academic research.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Very few industrial and commercial career opportunities
Good place to do research
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIAugust 27, 2017
The Michigan State University is a nice place to conduct research and living a four-seasonal life. The resources is very supportive. I will recommend this place to people searching for a postdoc position.
Internship
Internship Experience (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 26, 2017
I had an amazing experience. Everyone was helpful and motivated with the research we were working on. There was always someone willing to help and teach whenever it was necessary.
Pros
Fun. Lively. Friendly.
Great experience and knowledge shared
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MiAugust 20, 2017
Great atmosphere, high networking. You are able to work with extremely smart professors and researchers that understand the field well in which you work.
Fun job,, bad owner
Professorial Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIAugust 20, 2017
Owner was gross and tries to sleep with all of his employees, however the company itself is awesome and has good quality food. Other locations were perfect.
Great Workplace
Assault & Relationship Violence Educator (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIAugust 18, 2017
MSU's Assault & Relationship Violence Prevention Program is very capable of teaching incoming students knowledge about assault & relationship violence in a safe and encouraging way.
Good graduate program
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIAugust 16, 2017
Michigan State University is a good school with good graduate programs in biology. You get access to modern equipment and good support from the departments to work towards your degree
Great place to learn and be part of a team!
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIAugust 15, 2017
Michigan State University has a nice work environment with excellent benefits and great opportunities to learn and grow in your career. Experiences were provided for professional development, which was nice as well.
Good place
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIAugust 9, 2017
Good place to work and the area is nice to live in - East Lansing, MI if you like the campus life surrounding the neighboring areas. Not many openings for staff.
Great
Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIAugust 8, 2017
- Supervisors are always helpful and friendly
- Very collaborative working environment
- Friendly
- Learned a lot everyday
- Reasonable working load
- Respectful
Wonderful ever changing place to work with lots of opportunities
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MI 48824August 7, 2017
Great learning environment with unlimited place for advancement. Your effort is recognized and appreciated. Just as with all places there are good spots to land on campus and not-so-good places to land. It is a vast and awesome opportunity.
Fixed Term Faculty
Teaching Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIAugust 5, 2017
Fixed term engineering faculty at a large, public land grant university. Sports, enrollment and tuition numbers take precedence over the quality of education.
Great benefits and easy-going work environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIAugust 3, 2017
Graduate assistants receive amazing benefits including health insurance. I really enjoy the class I teach and I am allowed to cater the class in ways I see fit.
Pros
Amazing benefits, good pay
Cons
No paid vacation for GA's