Michigan Works Employee Reviews in United States

was a ok job
Police Cadet (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 9, 2016
taught you the benefits of being a police officer. had a lot of order and listening to authority figures and possible role models.
Excellent place to work
case manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 23, 2015
Access opens many opportunities to gain experience in a welcoming, family oriented environment. The employees work diligently and most of them work sincerely. Despite the usually minimal company snares, the overall environment is positive, warm and inviting. The support of management is there, and the support of immediate staff and human resources is available. There is an open door policy and a professional environment where the staff work hard to empower others daily.
Pros
Paid lunch, company gatherings, family environment, benifits.
Cons
You may neverr see a raise, and the possibility for a promotion is low.
productive and fun working place
Receptionist/ Classroom Aide (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 9, 2015
I enjoyed all aspects of this job. They kept me busy with multiple thing suck as processing mileage checks, classroom aide which I help recipients with computer and jobs searches and resume building. answering of phones and so much more. I had the honor of meeting and helping less fortunate people make their selves better.
Could have been better
Career Developer (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIOctober 27, 2015
I worked at Michigan Works Berrien, Cass, Van Buren as a Career Developer. The job was usually mundane and I felt chained to a desk all day. Management was a joke. People were hired based on whether or not your parents were friends with the director. Employees that had been working there for some time and were highly qualified were overlooked for positions for kids fresh out of college who didn't have a clue. A lot of changes were taking place and it seemed that management were flying by the seat of their pants. The management could not be trusted and the director seemed to have ulterior motives.
Pros
Benefits, work hours
Cons
Nepotism, unchallenging
Great field of work.
Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 22, 2015
I enjoy being employed by a workforce development agency. I enjoy the diverse populations that I serve. During my time with Grant Associates and SerMetro via Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation, A Michigan Works! Agency, I was one of the highest placing career advisors in the system.
Pros
I love my job
Cons
Contractual pay cut.
Lincoln High School
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIOctober 10, 2015
Position is no longer available.
Learned clerical skills and how to operate in a office setting. The department is now closed.
Pros
after school work
Cons
must be a Lincoln high school student
Awesome
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MISeptember 24, 2015
I loved working here. I had a wonderful experience with you guys. Everyone was welcoming funny and loving, made you feel like you were family. I miss every last one of you.
Pros
Great Opportunities Continuously Comes your way.
closed local location
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Menominee, MISeptember 24, 2015
Sub contracted work, no structure, no reviews, lacks training advise and continuing education. Very high turn over with entire company
Great Company
Welding Intern (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MIMay 18, 2015
working with Michigan works summer employment was enjoyable. well learning skilled trades of welding and laser edge cutting. job offered get pay
Excellent work environment
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mt. Clemens, MIMarch 23, 2015
Considering the stress they were under on a daily basis, the Managers were grateful for all the work done for them, and respectful of all individuals.
A fun place to work
Recreational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manistique, MIMarch 22, 2015
The day would start off with us sitting at a table where we'd come up with ideas for the day. Once we came up with a full schedule, we'd go out and complete the tasks that were given to us.
I learned to deal with other coworkers during times of frustration.
My manager was a very nice guy. He'd buy us lunch or ice cream if it was a very long day at work. He'd take us to our locations that needed work.
Most of my coworkers were very fun to be around. We joked around a lot while working. I did have issues with one coworker who was very rude in his ways, but I ignored him.
The hardest part was dealing with a coworker of mine. He made the job stressful for other coworkers and myself.
I loved that we worked outdoors. That was the best thing about my job. Also having field days for children, such as playing kickball, wiffleball, opening up a roller rink for the kids.
Pros
hour long lunches, working outside
Cons
it was only a summer job
Very productive and fun environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 10, 2015
I have worked for this company twice and each time was a great experience. I enjoyed the family oriented feeling of the office and the attention that was shown to each individual that entered the facility.
Fun Workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 19, 2015
I always had a smile of my face walking in these great doors. We were a family orientated environment. I have no regrets working for this company.
Every factory is different
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MIDecember 1, 2014
In my personal opinion Chassix of Montague, MI is to this day my favorite places to work I met a lot of new people and I was treated like I was Family there they would always try to work with me if I need time off but the overtime Is ALWAYS there if I needed it Mario Salis is the best supervisor I have ever had and one of my very good friends the only issue I had was it was to far of a drive. But I still miss it so much.
Pros
i got to learn new skills, meet new people, work at many different places and i would love to learn more.
Cons
it all depends on mi works you work for ludington mi, mi works only does what they have to not what they need to for there employees
This was a job that required a very thick skin.
Job Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gladwin, MINovember 17, 2014
Most of the time I enjoyed the work as a Placement Specialist. But there were many things about this job, and this Organization in Particular that were unbearable. I primarily worked at finding jobs for Welfare Recipients. The Work First Program had many flaws. I spent a lot of time trying to convince local business owners to employ my clientele. I had at my disposal some useful tools and incentives, mostly via the funding from the Federal Government. The J.T.P.A. funded many programs that were given to the agency that I worked for (among others). The Job Training Partnership Act allowed me to write employment Contracts for workers that compensated Employers with up to 1/2 of the worker's wages for up to 6 months, with the provision that said worker was offered regular employment at the end of this 6 month term. Money from this Federal Grant also provided things to the worker to assist them with success, such as Auto repair as needed, paid fuel vouchers for the first 30 days of employment, and assistance purchasing clothes for work.
As much as this sounds like a good thing, it oft times failed. The local business folk had a bad experience with workers, or the workers quit. The attention give to this program to me felt like it was underdeveloped, and doomed to fail.
When the Government de-regulated this agency and the programs went out to the lowest bidder, it was time for a change.
Pros
no evenings or weekends. fair money.
Cons
duties and expectations were unfulfilling and unrealistic.
Office Assistant at Delton Kellogg High School
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MIOctober 27, 2014
Answering phones, checking emails, disposing of confidential records, and papers. As siting the principle with any tasks he had.
A heartwarming place to work for the children
Job Coach/Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIOctober 8, 2014
I would supervise teenagers who were peer pals to elementary students. The teacher would consult with me, go over the students learning ability and what each peer pal's responsibility was to the elementary student. I would also help the teacher with lesson plans. The co-workers were great and treated me with respect. The hardest part of the job was seeing and knowing the dsyfunctional life style these children and teenagers came from. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing their smile from any accomplishment or enjoyable time.
Good
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Harrison, MIOctober 8, 2014
Helpful, I answer phones, direct customers, and help to put in resumes and profile material..
Pros
nice people to work with
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 17, 2014
Good environment, and great benefits. liked working as a team
enjoyable place to work, school setting
Support services Workforce Specialist (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 10, 2014
start my day with meeting young people for employment encounters,Taking them on job interviews. Got along well with co- workers. Hardest part of job was consoling persons who didn't get the job when all signs were pointing to acceptance.The most enjoyable part was rejoicing when they got the job. Management was flexible and allowed you to do a good job
Pros
was kept informed with weekly meetings loved the job
Cons
part-time so no benefits