Michigan Works Employee Reviews

it was fum while it lasted
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIFebruary 12, 2018
a typical job for someone getting there foot in the door it was a good experience i learned a lot having responsibility and learing what it takes to get the job done
Great Culture
Business Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 2, 2018
Family first culture. Always willing to consider current employees for future management roles. Pay is not the highest compared to the amount of work required
Pros
Cons
pay
Fun place
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJanuary 13, 2018
Had a great time learned alot. The staff helped me out with what ever I needed.
The environment was very professional.
It was like a big family I enjoyed everyday
A good place to work
Youth Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIDecember 27, 2017
Great management and coworkers. This position requires in and out of the box thinking. The office culture is laid-back and allows for a good work/life balance. You will learn how to maneuver to and through different partners, all while learning additional skills and resources.
good
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 7, 2017
I had a great experience at Miworks, it was a temporary position, that I worked during my time in college. I worked there for work study. I would definitely work there again.
Pros
good environment
Cons
healthcare
Gteat place to work
Truck Driver Class B (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 30, 2017
It was a good experience i started volunteering to help with the water crisis in flint Michigan then they paid for my cdl B license and hired me on as a driver it wasnt no benefits it was a training program threw FEMA
Pros
Great people and management
Cons
No benifits
Great place to work if you like helping people
Talent Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dowagiac, MISeptember 23, 2017
Great place to work if you like helping people. Federal programs and state funded training could be frustrating to work with due to so many regulations and "red tape".
Pros
Supportive Culture and Managers, Get to help people
Cons
No opportunities for Advancement and low pay
Excellent
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Harrison, MISeptember 14, 2017
If i hadn't been laid off due to budget cuts, I would still be there. I worked there for 17 years and I loved my job. My manager was awesome and very understanding.
Assistant
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Center Line, MIJuly 6, 2017
At the time I was really young, around the age 16 or 17. I was a senior at Center Line High School. It was a way for students to make extra money. After school we would help out in the office as far as paper work and answering the phones.
great workplace
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 27, 2017
Working at Michigan Works was great helping people find jobs and later following up with them to see how their new job is going, all of my co-worker were great to work with.

Want to know more about Michigan Works?

Ask a question
Helping people to help themselves
Readiness/Assessment Instructor (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJune 27, 2017
Michigan Works provides valuable information and skills to those people who are looking for work, who are laid off from a job, or who are on public assistance.
give you work experience and some summer spending cash
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Branch, MIMarch 12, 2017
Great first job, and work experience for young kids. They have you a attend classes for a week and then set up a small job fair and you go and talk to some of the employers that are there and who ever picks you you go work the summer there. So you get a different experience with different jobs
Pros
money for summer, work experience
Cons
it is just a summer job
non profit
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Mt. Clemens, MIFebruary 16, 2017
it was a state funded job for a non profit organization for the elderly who could not get hired due to their age factor we help the elderly get to and from doctor appointments and grocery shopping when they couldn't drive any more
Pros
part time 19 hours a week
Cons
no cons
Great Team work
Employment Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIDecember 22, 2016
Great team work. Allowed to create and implement new training's. Suggest all staff be trained on employment law. Learned a new system. Hardest part was building trust with customer's. Enjoyed the service projects.
Pros
Team Work
Good working placr
I pass out water, filters, and water tester (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 16, 2016
My good is good my go workers r wonderful and the only bad part is I work in the bitter cold for 6 days every week but my job has taken good care of us by get ting us the right gear for the extreme temperatures
Strong use of innovative employment tools to assist job seekers.
Business Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 14, 2016
I have worked for Michigan Works for many years. My overall view of the organization is positive. Employees are passionate about helping participant achieve their personal goals.
Pros
Open to anyone seeking general or selective services.
good while it lasted
Welding Intern (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MIOctober 31, 2016
It was only for a short time but I did like learning about welding. I believe it was for 3 months of a summer vacation and we got paid for it. I liked the people there .
Pros
free food, fun atmosphere
Cons
not many Cons
Solid
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Escanaba, MISeptember 16, 2016
Really nice laid back work environment. I did not have a problem with anyone there. The work wasn't too bad. Alot of people there where easy to talk to.
Pros
Nice
Got My Start
Administrative Internship (Former Employee) –  Mt. Clemens, MISeptember 8, 2016
Michigan Works' Youth Program helped me get through the transition from school to work. The only complaint I had was the pay. Minimum wage isn't enough to make a living on.
Positive learning, Fire cadet
Junior Staff (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 24, 2016
It was a very positive and moving summer job. Glad i was apart of it. It was only a summer job. It was a job with the state of Michigan. I helped school teachers, and was a Fire Cadet. I helped teachers with the students. I learned The ropes of a Fire Fighter.
Pros
Learning new things.
Cons
Had to leave early