Micro Center

Micro Center Employee Reviews

Good first experience in customer relations and computer/technology related field
Knowledge Advisor (Former Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Commission based work depending on your effort, meeting people from many walks of life, good co-worker experience
Cons: Management let important tasks be forgotten or go unresolved, Promotions were based upon seniority rather than experience and skill, long hours and inconsistent scheduling
The work day begins with assistance throughout the store in organizing departments if I am opening the store or assisting in the warehouse with things such as unloading and moving product to the floor. – more... If I was not opening I would immediately proceed to assist customers and greet the most assistance needed customer immediately. Sales skills such as upselling and recommendations would be used occasionally, but I preferred to build trust and rapport naturally to lead into recommendation selling which worked well for my personality. Honest answers were always given on my part within what was needed from the customer. I focused on doing what I COULD for the customer instead of what I COULD NOT. Most of my job consisted of sales of computer parts including processors, fans, cases, graphics cards, networking equipment, and other peripherals basically building into custom computers. Occasionally I would help around the store selling pre-built name brand computers and also things such as printers and other accessories. If I was closing the store I would help vacuum, clean, and organized the store and then proceed to help warehouse if they were not finished. Nobody left until everyone was finished. Management was bearable with my only disappointment being that they seemed lackluster in their attitude about their jobs; therefore, important tasks were not prioritized or often completely ignored or forgotten. I would attempt to assist the company and my own work environment by appeasing ideas to management, but with little change in the time I've spent there I decided to seek other opportunities and left them in good hands. I enjoyed the social experience with customers and meeting many different people. It was both the easiest and hardest part of the job. – less
Excellent company to work for, but not perfect.
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Discounts on most store merchandise, free training when needed
Cons: Irregular hours
I enjoyed working with Micro Center because the store was all about computers. For my particular position, I was in charge of making sure that the customer's online orders were fulfilled in a timely fashion, – more... which was the most difficult part of the job during peak business hours. What I did not like was the management team that I worked for. From my perspective, it was as if they were concerned about making themselves look good versus making sure that their employees are doing their jobs correctly, which is a major turn off for me. The other issue I had with Micro Center was having to work alongside employees that wouldn't do the work assigned to them, which ultimately led to me having to do extra work to make sure everything was finished on time. – less
Multitasking orriented enviornment filled with the latest and greatest IT product
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Employees
Cons: retail hours
An environment in which you get to meet novice, as well as experts in the IT field. As most retail environment multitasking is part of the job. A huge focus on customer service, and product knowledge. Overall a great place to work.
alma nelly gomez review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2015
Pros: customers, co-workers
Cons: asking for names, a physicial address, email address, and plans
Micro center is a retail store like fry's we sell computers, laptops, tablets.
i am a cashier at micro center i ring out merchandise for customers everyday. All my co workers are fun to work with everybody – more... is help full and we help out each other. The hardest part is making sure that you scan all the merchandise before customers leave the store. I enjoy to work with my customers and talk to them everyday. – less
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJune 10, 2015
Fast paced mentality.
You run all day, and do all things.
Get ready to work for your money.
Good feeling by the end of the shift.
Good place to work at to develop skills
Retail Salesman (Current Employee), St. David's, PAMay 30, 2015
Pros: commission based pay allows you to scale your pay on your own, Its drives you to make more money and better yourself to do so
Cons: commissioned sales can be rough sometimes, especially when sales are slow.
Micro Center is a fantastic place to get started in the IT industry. The associate's are knowledgeable and the environment is fast paced and challenging. It keeps you on your toes.
Working here has helped – more... me develop my communication skills beyond what I ever thought I could be capable of as a younger adult.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up to pace with sales (commission based pay). Some weeks a paycheck will be absolutely phenomenal. Other weeks it will be a abysmal.

I would say the most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to meet so many different people and make so many different connections. – less
Very nice place to work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Brentwood, MOMay 20, 2015
Pros: Fun, nice co-workers/management, relaxing environment, etc.
Cons: Compensation/Benefits, hours scheduled, etc.
I really do enjoy working at Micro Center. The staff and customers are friendly and happy and everyone seems to get along. Everything about this job is very simple and easy, I learned the system in less than three days.
not the best empoyer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 14, 2015
Most of the people I work with were really good. Some of the managers are full of themselves. The pay was very low. Needing to sell replacement plans was very annoying.
Commission based electronic sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Store discount
Cons: Unpredictable earnings
Position was, essentially, what one would expect from a computer/electronics sales position. The nature of a sales position makes earnings difficult to predict, but the work/schedule was not difficult. The greatest benefit was the discount on many items, and this is a great plus for anyone who purchases many computer peripherals or accessories.
Overall a good place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMarch 30, 2015
Pros: hour long lunches, great co-workers, nice management, Decent commision for retail
Cons: Nearly no ability to move up in the company
Typical day spent stocking merchandise rather than selling. Micro Center needs to hire an actual stock team to free up sales associates to actually sell. Which will in turn net them higher profits.
Micro Center is a great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), GeorgiaMarch 27, 2015
Working at Micro Center has been a great experience. This is definitely the best job I have had so far. Fast pace job for the most part, the store is busy most of the week. Co- workers and management all work together as a team to make sure customers have the best service to where they keep coming back, also bringing new customers with them.
Pretty good part-time job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), West Chester, OHMarch 12, 2015
Pros: flexible
Great part-time job to help pay for schooling. Flexible hours. Great people. lots of incentives to improve self. Great promotion potential
Great people, great work place but management could improve.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 7, 2015
Pros: very work friend staff
Cons: didn't get my 3 month review on time. it was more of a 8 month review!
The work place was great and my co-workers were great people. When it came to management you didn't know who was running the show. One manager would tell you to do things one way and another manager would tell you to do things his way. The hardest part about the job was the management. The best part of the job was that we had a great team of co-workers.
Retail atmosphere
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Rockville, MDFebruary 18, 2015
The job is a retail job were we happen to sell electronics. The work can get very stressful around the holidays . Most of the times it's manageable.
I enjoy working here
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, employee discounts
Cons: hard to move up, they call you off breaks if it gets busy, unfair with policies
I have been at MicroCenter for almost 2 years. I am a cashier (CSR). My pay is not commissioned and we get 10% of service plans we sell as well as other spiffs sometimes.

Managers here can be wishy-washy; – more... tell us the proper way to handle a customer and then we cashiers will do as they say, yet when the customer asks to speak to a manager, they will override what she said and make us look like the bad person without even explaining to the customer that yes, this is how it's normally done.

Also no room to advance since the people with the position over CSR have been there for years and dont seem to be going anywhere.

But I like it because I have had dozens of jobs in the past and this one isnt hostile like those were. – less
Customer Focused
Computer Solutions Consultant (Former Employee), Fairfax, VA, Denver, CoFebruary 11, 2015
Micro Center is focused on taking care of the customer. Training on the product is exceptional.

They have any part you need for a computer.
Good Company
Sales (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 10, 2015
It is good if you want to work a lot of hours. You can make a decent living if you put in the effort.Management is good but in need of more. Overall good place to work if you enjoy computers.
Great discount, great learning opportunity, great staff.
Retail Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 6, 2015
I have worked for Micro Center for 5 years and it's had its ups and downs. They have a great selection of computer products for customers and I have learned a lot since I have worked there. What makes – more... Micro Center such a great place to work for is the staff; the cashiers, the techs, the sales associates, and warehouse crew are some of the greatest bunch of people that I have ever met. The hardest part about working at Micro Center is the lack of communication between managers and the staff. It's gotten better over the last several months and I'd say that they are moving in the right direction. – less
OK Workplace if you do your job
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), AmericaFebruary 4, 2015
Ok.. not awful. can get things done on an eventuality most of the time. people aren't always focused on whats important.
Not enough hours
Customer service through chat (Former Employee), Aurora, COFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: short brakes
I answered phones help people with their problems to their computers. and also chatted over the computer to help customers out with finding the right protection plan to their computer/ laptops/ desktop. helping them find out the right GS
Headquarters