Micro Center Employee Reviews in United States

i think if your not apart of managment an part time its okay
Front End Lead (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 26, 2016
I worked n the front by the registers; i'll be honest management kinda sucked at one point in time; good place to make money though, your regular pay plus commission...
Pros
they try to work with your schedule, hour lunch
Cons
some time management is more like daycare
Great work environment and co-workers, just not enough pay for the amount of work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 24, 2016
A typical day at work; was too much for the pay rate, with web orders and truck processing. They definitely need to raise the pay rate for a Micro Center Warehouse Employee.
Pros
Free $10.00 lunches
Cons
Not too many hours
It's ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11232March 28, 2016
No room for growth, Management doesn't listen to advice, picks favorites, and is require to do things that are not in your field.
Pros
discount
Cons
Is a good start for a technical/computer job.
Computer Tech (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 16, 2016
Wages are so so, can not seat on a chair, busy workplace with frequent customers interaction; good training and certification programs.
Merchandising
Merchandising Coop Analyst / Merchandising Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 15, 2016
Perform the accounting responsibilities for the Merchandising/Buying Department. Maintain tracking of ad vehicles (print ads, web, email, end caps and displays), create reports, and plain for monthly multi-million-dollar goal achievement. Support 20 Buyers.
Awesome place to work
Help Desk Specialst (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHMarch 5, 2016
I was an end-user support technician for the MicroCenter stores and their in-house PC brand, PowerSpec. My typical day was taking incoming calls from customers needing help with software and hardware issues purchased at our stores (they could also call in for anything NOT purchased at the stores, but would have to pay for support). I would also occasionally go from technical calls to taking the direct incoming calls and "screening " them, setting up the ticket, taking payment information if needed. I was rated highly for customer service skills and the number of tickets I could handle. Management for the desk was great, the manager and director had both been with the company pretty much since it had been just one store. The co-workers all got along well. We were allowed to play a little while we were in-between calls, so we could play games on the systems while we waited. Unfortunately, the Dotcom bubble burst and they laid off about half of the help desk staff.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits and a relaxed atmosphere
Good place to gain experience
PC Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Good benefits as well as a nation wide chain that has been around for several decades. Years and years of cumulative PC experience.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Very understandable and friendly management
Online Customer Support/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2016
I really enjoy going into work and chatting with customers daily. They really made it an enjoyable experience for making the transition from in-store to online.
Pros
1 hour lunch and a paid 15 min break, full benefits and vacation/PTO
Productive and clean work envirorment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2016
The workday started off with taking care of the store and product; cleaning, stocking, etc. Management was on point albeit occasionally hard to locate. Most co-workers were hard working and self-motivated and the ones who were not were taken care of appropriately. The new and exciting technology was likely the most enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
Work enviorment, management, pay
Cons
Slow days
Not where you want to stay
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 14, 2015
Management needs improvement. Sales associates need to be weeded through/ store moral is terrible and needs to be fixed.
good place to start
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJNovember 26, 2015
Microcenter is a good place to start. The bosses are nice and patient.
You have to be careful in not getting any variances in your money at the end of the day.
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2015
Great job, great employee discount, great training for employees. Did I mention a great discount for employees. nothing negative can be attached to this company
Pros
Cons
not applicable
vault teller
Administrative Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2015
Signs and assumes responsibility for corporate cash deposits delivered by armored carriers. Determine deposit type for billing purposes. Verifies deposit contents by counting currency on window 95 based PC with peripheral devices. Process and balance approximately $750,000 in cash a day. Responsible for end of day balancing back to system generated totals.
productive workplace
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHNovember 11, 2015
Supportive management, and great co-workers. I get along with everyone and I have learned a lot working at this company so far.
Great place to work for while in school
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Davids, PANovember 9, 2015
I am working at Micro Center for about 3 years now and I absolutely love the place. As a student my main goal is flexible schedule and pay and management always tries to help me with that.
the only good thing was the experience
Computer Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 4, 2015
If you want to work your butt off for 5-6 days a week for less than a Walmart greeter in a high stress production environment with false promises of full time employment that's the job for you.
Pros
experience
Cons
no benefits, only wants to pay 10$ per hour, could fire you at any time
Productive Fun Work place,
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2015
Good Co-Workers, everyone works in a team to get stuff done at the end of the night. And help each others out to sell. Management is really laid back they are willing to help you in any way possible " you scratch my back i scratch yours"
Pros
Hours, Commission
Cons
Promotions, Raises
Good Management and fun to work with
COMPUTER PART SALES, KNOWLEDGE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MDOctober 26, 2015
Had a great time working with Micro Center. Good Management and employers. Everyone worked well together for the most part
Pros
Breakfasts at times
Fun Work Environment, Plenty to Learn From
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAOctober 14, 2015
There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2015
Great work place with supportive management. not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. I think its a great place to start and finished,