Micro Focus Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Good Starting Point
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 21, 2017
This is a good place to start a career in software sales. Not great for experienced candidates. If you do get a job here in sales hope the territory has not been audited to death. If it hasn't get started on doing that if you want to hit your number.
Pros
Work/Life
Cons
Poor Marketing, prefer to grow by aquisition rather than sales
Territory Account Manager NA (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 15, 2017
It was a great place to work. Management was very understanding (depending on the team). As long as you completed your responsibilities, you were golden. Main point to keep in mind- be responsible for your own actions. Ping pong table, gourmet coffee machine, free beverages, fun travel events, Nintendo Wii, and relaxing sales floor.
Pros
Gourmet coffee machine, free beverages, catered lunches for events, fun facilities competitions
Cons
Cetain personalities are hard to work with, but nothing you can't brush off with a five minute break to clear your head.
Good company great work culture
Global Pricing Manger (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 14, 2017
Good company great work culture
Needs revised product strategy
Sales rules most deal constructs
organization needs more cross functional ownership for key projects
Great people to work with
Manager of Electronic Strategies (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 7, 2017
MicroFocus (AKA Novell), was an incredible place to learn and grow in the industry. Their technology was exciting and kept pace with the industry. The people make it a wonderful place to work
Global Company, prepare for frequent chanbe
Solution Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 30, 2017
A great place to work. opportunity to move around the various lines of product/business. Business model is lean and mean. Prepare for a log of changes with regard to merger/acquisition activity. Be flexible.
Great experience
Credit Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 27, 2017
Here are the pros:
- Great company with lots of opportunities
- Great co-workers
- Great bosses

Cons:
- Pay is kind of low compared to other tech companies
Great Company
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 28, 2017
Salaries are a little lower but overall great company. Great people, Great environment, Amazing Benefits. Very nice building with a gym, volleyball court.
Lousy
Consultant (Former Employee) –  National coverageMay 9, 2017
Just another Conglomerate that doesn't know how to sell what they have. They buy software companies to put their products on maintenance and life support as they die a slow death due to lack of sales.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Travel, lousy training
Great company to work for
Sales Ops Rep Partner Support and Order Mngmnt (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 22, 2017
Micro Focus is a great company to work for. Unfortunately due to Acquisitions and mergers, the opportunities for professional advancement seem now very limited.
review
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2017
One of my favorite places to work! The types of people and positions i recruited for was right up my alley. Glad i was a big contributor to this great company, an the great support i had.
Tek Systems
Windows 2000 / NT Sever & Novell Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILFebruary 5, 2017
Company was good company and I would recommend them. Pay was ok and benefits were ok. They did paperwork and payroll on time. I would recommend them.
Former support engineer
Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Suffield, CTDecember 19, 2016
I was fortunate to work on an exceptional support team. Due to losses in the customer base, my job was eliminated.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work from home. There were occasional customer visits but no commuter travel.
Pros
Team and first level of management
Software Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 15, 2016
The pros outweigh the cons at Micro Focus. Fun atmosphere and people willing to help you in your position. Only con is that the room to grow is very limited.
Engaging and busy work.
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 11, 2016
• Responsible for the management of Novell’s Patent Program, acting as the main point of contact for both outside counsel and employee inventors, managing the progress of Novell’s patents
• Served as an interface for those dealing with the Patent Program to ensure the proper and efficient flow of information and correspondence between (3) committees, Outside Counsel, Corporate Counsel and Novell engineers and inventors
• Provided paralegal and administrative support to the Vice President, Technology Law and Chief Patent Counsel for the Patent Program enabling it to operate efficiently with minimal to no supervision
• Other duties included producing documents from notes and drafts, accessing, inputting and retrieving information from a computer utilizing word processing, spreadsheet and graphics applications
Pros
Great location, great pay, nice people.
Cons
It was only temporary.
Fun place to work with your colleagues.
Technical Support Engineer (Manager / Specialist) (Current Employee) –  RotterdamMarch 30, 2016
It has been a great place to learn from very friendly colleagues who build a warm atmosphere.
A work can be sometimes very stressful but you learn to control it. This work gave me ability to learn how to cooperate with many customers world-wide, respecting their different cultures. This is a great place to learn new technologies and meet many interesting people.

The company was sold 2x and that was reflected in a work environment and job security. A scope of new owners was not always on our traditional products which negatively affected a quality of services / products.
Although this has been recently revised by upper management, it might be perhaps better to try some new challenges.
Pros
friendly and relaxed environment, pension plan
Cons
we used to have much more work benefits prior we were acquired by other companies
Novell as a technology used decades back, my resume seems to have imported incorrectly
Novell as a tool used at CPC, not a job I had (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 18, 2016
I have worked primarily in logistics either authorizing WMS systems or customizing for a given customer's used. A typical day of work involves analyzing differences in what the standard software offers and what our customer might require. Then, typically, we write an estimate and design document on how to add needed functionality to the needed product. The hardest part of the job is usually handling deadlines and unanticipated needs. The easiest, most enjoyable part of the job is working with other capability persons in my field.
Pros
Infrequent travel
Cons
Novell was YOUNG at the time and required special builds of network kernels.
Hire me
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 7, 2016
You will be pleasantly surprised.

First of all I did not work for Novell, I worked at Mercy
Hospital.. This software messed up.

But I did enjoy my stay at Mercy.
Pros
Nice lunches
Cons
Bad management
Its a trap
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 7, 2016
Like... for real... don't do it. The pay scales changed at the whim of the organization, there are quite a few VP level managers that you can't quite put together what there jobs are, and they recruit new people before solidifying jobs for them or the current staff... just.... don't do it
Novell
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTJanuary 7, 2016
Novell was a great company to work for in the early days of computer networks and the internet explosion.

I miss working at Novell
N/a
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 6, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Micro Focus. Our community is ready to answer.