MicroAge Employee Reviews

Best Company to be employed by.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 15, 2017
This company provided a positive environment for any to grow and achieve their personal and professional goals. I was able to learn and grow my professional and personnel growth to how a company should run their business. They were true to their values, morals, and ethics. Providing a work place to be proud of and motivating each of us to exceed in our goals. They provided a true open door policy that enhanced employee moral that lead to increased productivity.
Good place to work for!
Advisory Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 24, 2017
This was my first experience in the consulting world and got excellent starting view of the role and the overall fit in career.
Fun place to learn
Technician Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJuly 5, 2016
Fun place to work, employees display very good morale. Co-workers get along. Learned my in-depth trouble-shooting skills. Management was OK.
Pros
Fun place to work, good people
Call center
Core staff (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CA 93454May 26, 2016
Hard work taking calls all day with few brakes. How to truly multitask as i took calls on the phone. Management was suppose to bring me up to level 2 but ended up letting me go due to miscommunication on their part. Coworkers were mixed up but manageable. Hardest part was doing both calls and logging the call precisely Hardest part was the coworkers.
Challenging and rewarding
Technical Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 11, 2015
MicroAge was a good place to work. They outsourced us to different clients.
Work day consisted of desktop support at the location assigned. Work orders were assigned and followed through until completion
Pros
Good company to work for. Hard work was acknowledged
Cons
Company was sold and moved out of state
Best company/people
On-Site Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 17, 2015
I can strongly say that this company is the best place I have every worked for. I was based at the Essar Steel plant. The co-workers were absolutely the best. They were so much help. I can't stress enough how much I liked working there.
Pros
everthing about the job and the people
Cons
if essar based the environment is dirty.
great managament , fun environment , good compensation
Pinacor Customer Service rep and Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe , AZFebruary 9, 2015
Was a great place to work , learned a lot about the technology industry , distribution , Different customer needs , Customer service. Variety of tasks in your job during the day , Fun activities to keep you engaged in sales promos.
Micrage
End-User Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 25, 2014
MicroAge was well suited for individuals that wanted to get there foot in the door to IT. They were supportive of all there contractors and treated them fairly. Our lead stayed connected to us and always willing to get information or lend a hand.
Pros
Company was local and stay active with their Contractor. Very supportive.
Cons
Did not find any negative.
Friendly Work Environment but Low Compensation
Help Desk Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 3, 2014
Answer phone calls to support UPS Shipping Software and Hardware for UPS Customers. Report call details in a common support database, and provide good customer support for customer needs and issues.

Learned how to use and troubleshoot UPS Shipping Software and Hardware.

Management was easy to work with, and co-workers were very friendly and easy to communicate with.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers or customers unwilling to work through their issues.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of accomplishment when successfully helping a customer.
Pros
Friendly Work Environment, Personal Workspace, Friendly Management
Cons
No Overtime, Little Room for Advancement, Low Pay/Compensation
Great startup company
Computer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 19, 2014
Good company for someone starting in the IT industry. Management and colleagues are nice group of people to work with.
was a great experience and learned alot about so much
Project Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaMay 15, 2014
I learned how to repair, install, service, and sales of Computer Equipment. I became so good at customer service care, that our company had me put a seminar on for entire company on how to build customer relations. It was more then just repairing there equipment, I took an interest in their personal lives, always came in and tried to cheer them up. I went the extra mile for them, when they needed to complete a task.
Pros
Freedom and trust to make judgements out in the field on billing and sales, etc.
Cons
After the 2000 computer scare, company went into Chapter 7 reorganization and had to sell off parts of the company, one of them being my department.
what a employer
Custom Config Techniian (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 9, 2014
new equipment to work on daily, you learn what can be upgraded and how much, you get to work with servers, repair depot opportunities
Pros
great place to learn
Cons
lay off
Fun and enjoyable
Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Great people!
Flexible hours
great compensation
Enjoyed and productive
Pros
flexible hours
Excellent Company
Business Analyst/Vendor Authorization Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 13, 2013
Provided a positive work environment and culture for their associates. Wish they were still in business!
Fast past but easy going once you get the hang of it.
Customer Service/Contracts/Purchasing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2013
Answered phones scheduled Technician to there work sites, did warranty parts online.
Learned about Warranty Parts, as well as managing accounts and Service contracts.
No complaints my manager was very understanding and great to work for.
Great co-workers never had any issues come about.
Making no major mistakes like a wrong part when customer was given a ETA date.
The learning experience.
Pros
move up in company, great bonuses
Cons
vision plan
Very fun place to work and it paid decent.
Configuation Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 5, 2012
Good place to work, gained valuable experience, great people to work with.
I loved this job
Network / PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 11, 2012
I started out on an assembly line and worked my way to the server line. It was great.
bankrupt
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 16, 2012
not much to worry about micro age. poor working environment. high expectation with low return. Customer service was valued less than getting the customer issue resolved. Customer letters of approval took forever to get to the employee especially if the letter was result of spending too much time helping resolve the customers issue.
Pros
it was work
Cons
bankrupt and out of business