Microchip Technology Employee Reviews

Manufacturing Lead/Etch (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 5, 2017
Microchip Technologies was a great place to work, the employees were fun and friendly, the management team was approachable and worked with employees to solve problems, company provided training was available on a regular basis to improve employee skill sets.
Stable but not challenging
EDA/CAD Software Development Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 4, 2017
I have been working for an R&D group. The job objectives are stable but not challenging. The colleagues are nice and friendly. Management is nice and supportive.
Productive and long hours.
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 3, 2017
Long work hours, management gets to friendly with employees, No raises only stock options, hardest part is staying awake, best is co-workers.........................
Pros
Pool table
Cons
no raises
Good entry level job.
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORMarch 28, 2017
Pros: company culture, generous break schedule, paid holidays, vacation and sick-time, tuition assistance

Cons: lack of compensation, work life balance
Lots of Politics, good employee compensation, Great CEO
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 25, 2017
12 hours a day for 3 days one week. 12 hours a day for 4 days the next week. Loved the holiday pay. Loved my co workers. Great team. Good employee benefits.
Fail
production specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 14, 2017
Microchip was fair and always provided ways to improve yourself. They promoted betterment of oneself and would help out with tuition when a worker was going to school.
They offered programs for counseling, exercises for better healthy living at the work environment as well as your personal life at home with friends and family. They are understanding when personal issues come up in your life and will work with you when time off is needed. They do create a very relaxed and stress free environment
Pros
good benefits, longer breaks, decent pay
Cons
longer working hours, lighting in photo area not good, hot in photo area
Good Benefits
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 24, 2017
This company has really good benefits and takes care of their employees, however they lack in management. They have a few different branches in the world. Onsite gym, and fitness reimbursement. They are into being healthy.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good Hours, Fast Paced Work
Cons
Management could be better
Very relaxed, but no advancement
Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 20, 2017
Good work life balance, but there's not a lot of drive to innovate or refine processes. All in all, it's a very safe place to work.

There is very little turn-over in senior positions and company growth is coming mostly from acquisitions these days. These two things ensure that there is little to no room for advancement. As one senior manager told me, it's a good place to start your career. It's a good place to end your career. But you need to do the middle part elsewhere.
Under paid, overworked.
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJanuary 8, 2017
I would not recommend working for this company to anyone. The expectation is to work harder with fewer people and less resources in order to compete in a global marketplace. However, this company takes it too far and employees are not only under paid, but under valued as people. It used to be a good place to work, with a great job culture. Those days are long gone.
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Employee (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJanuary 2, 2017
Absolutely loved the compressed work week. The management believes that employees are their greatest strength. I really enjoyed the bonuses and potlucks.
Pros
scooby snacks
Cons
Male manager changed his mind like the wind
easy job
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORDecember 28, 2016
The job had alot of tools to run but it was easy and the supervisors were great to work with.. And my team in my area worked great together we worked compressed shifts which for me worked perfect
Pros
4 day weekends
Cons
no raise
Career Growth
Director of NVM Advanced Technology Design (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 24, 2016
Microchip Technology is a good company to work for.
Every employee has a chance to learn on the job.
Good benefits and global expansion plan
Hard to Move up And Keep The Job
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gresham, OROctober 14, 2016
From the things I gathered about the management team and how soon you could earn full employment at Microchip when I worked there. It was extremely difficult to move up and took an extremely long time just to earn employment under the company. They hired through Kelly Services and the quickest person to ever get employed and snagged away from Kelly Services was Eight Months, I respect the opportunity the company offers but there was little to no job security for anyone from kelly services which was about 15% of the company.
Pros
overtime pay from working 12 hour days
Cons
short breaks for very long days
Great working environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 16, 2016
Data Analysis
Patience in dealing with diverse cultures
Formal not friendly
Challenging
Advancement is not available
Autonomy - Not micromanaged by Supervisors
Pros
Cons
Advancement
Litho/Etch Process Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 24, 2016
Smaller company and provides the ability to learn cross-functionally

Great people and attitudes. Culturally friendly and supportive. I loved being part of the Microchip Team.
Pros
Ability to learn and advance in your career
Cons
Lower pay than the larger semiconductor competitors
Best place to work!!!
Sr. Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bangalore India, Head quartered:Chandler, AZ.August 17, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. Anything I needed was taken care of from a management stand point. Co workers were most enjoyable being that we could relate when handling tasks at work.
Productive workplace, unsatisfactory pay
Verification Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 7, 2016
Productive workplace, with a good work/life balance. Good job security and friendly co-workers which makes for a good work environment.
Cons
unsatisfactory pay
Great Place to work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Production DepartmentJuly 31, 2016
13yrs and its been an adventure...:-), great people , room for advancement, excellent training department, great benefits, onsite medical clinic for employees.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
n/a
I enjoyed working for this company.
Principle Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJuly 14, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. I would love to again. I worked for them in Puyallup, Washington, Tempe, Arizona and Gresham Oregon. I most enjoyed the time I spent in the Technology Development group. It was fun starting up a new fab after Microchip bought the Gresham plant.
Pros
Close to my home. Bonus and Stock
Cons
Base pay below market
Microchip review
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJune 29, 2016
I worked front nights (Sunday- Tuesday, every other Saturday) in the Photo department as a production specialist, loading cassettes of silicon wafers onto lithocells for processing. During a typical day, I would gather flowsheets for specific jobs and scan out the cassettes, load the appropriate reticles into the lithocells, perform daily e-clear and diagnostic tests, and help others within my respective or nearby aisle. I also learned overlay, where one wafer from each cassette would be tested to make sure that proper processing had occurred before the cassette moved on to microscope or CDSiM. I had very helpful leads and coworkers, and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to move to different aisles and learn new tools. The most difficult part was, at times, waiting to be trained on different tool sets, and performing certain chemical changes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microchip Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

Microchip Technology Reviews by Location