Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good work environment
PROCESS CONTROL SYSTEMS SENIOR ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 18, 2018
Overall good company to work for.
Many resources to learn new skills.
The job can change drastically between weeks, so it keeps you looking forward all the time; always keep improving.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Difficult to grow as Enginner
Terrible
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJanuary 18, 2018
Micron was an absolutely terrible company to work for due to the biased management. There was extreme favoritism and it was to an a ridiculous amount.
Fun place and high learning
Data Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 17, 2018
I joined Micron as a data science intern and it was really great learning adventure for me. People are helpful, my team was superb and there was loads of fun also.
loved working at micron
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 17, 2018
would run various machines on a daily basis the hardest part of the job would be your on your feet for 12 hours a day management was always willing to listen
highly stressful with too much work
Probe Operator (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRJanuary 16, 2018
this company has great benefits and pay is good. But it is highly stressful. supervisors are always on your back trying giving you more and more work on top of work.
Pros
great benefit
Cons
highly stressful
A good place to work, great benefits and pay at the time.
Engineering Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 16, 2018
I tested memory modules on various motherboards for compatibility. Some trouble-shooting of motherboards, data collection. As a night shift worker, a lot of autonomy.
It was difficult to stay motivated if there was not a lot to do. Other times, it was being constantly in motion.
Pros
Consistent hours, good pay/benefits
Cons
Boring at times, super busy at others.
different people and with different culture
Process Technician I (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 14, 2018
It is my first Job here in US and learned the new working culture.
12 working hours a day
And also different working environment which i haven't been.
Lots of people from almost all of the parts of the world
Fun place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 13, 2018
Very relaxed working environment with a very diverse work force. Long 12 hour shift with only 2-3 breaks per shift. Basically just standing in one spot for 12 hours at a time. Good pay and benefits. Mediocre management.
Pros
Good pay & benefits relaxed and fun
Cons
Infrequent, short breaks on long 12 hour shifts.
Mixed Reviews
Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 12, 2018
There was little room for advancement. The benefits were good. The hours were good while you were on day shift, but night shift hours tend to destroy your personal life. Non-transparent upper management... You are likely to get outsourced or lose your job for no reason at any moment.
Pros
Benefits & Time off
Cons
non transparent upper management, night shift hours are tough on personal life
Fun workplace
Tableau Developer/Admin (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 9, 2018
Worked on the Administering Tableau Server as well as created dashboards related to Tableau Admin views. Good place. Work life balance is not that great.
Good place to work, but stressful
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 8, 2018
Micron worked with me while my mom was sick and needed time off. I will be forever grateful for the understanding of my department and managers. The benefits and pay were good
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Stressful
Excellent company
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRJanuary 8, 2018
Excellent company good people, the administration provide training for new equipment, all time with new equipment for best production. The administration is good, the main matrix in idaho provide good salary.
Toxic Work Environment
Senior Technician/Tool Owner (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 7, 2018
As a maintenance technician the work is non-stop. Often have to skip breaks. Little to no career advancement. Micron does NOT give annual raises. There was a lot of conflicts between shifts. There were a few good managers, but most of them were only focus on their careers and the appearance of a well run team.
Pros
Good benefits and time off
Cons
No raises, no career path, toxic environment
Competitive and Volatile Industry
Electronic Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 6, 2018
Memory Semiconductors is a very competitive and volatile industry. Be prepared for periods of feast or famine. Sometimes it's "all hands on deck". Other times you'll struggle to look productive.

There are many opportunities for those willing to work hard and learn.
Pros
Great benefits. Alternating 3 and 4 day work weeks. Paid time off accumulates quickly.
Cons
12 hour days. A lot of time on your feet. This industry can take a good or bad turn on a dime.
Great Team to Work with until 2009
Manufacturing Technician R&D (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 5, 2018
I started working at Micron in 2004 to the major lay-off of it's workforce in 2009. The teams I worked with for the first five years I was there was really something. I felt that I belonged and that most everyone worked as a team. I was able to advance and there was a sense of accomplishment on the classes and advancements I received. Even during this time lay-offs always seemed to appear at least every year or two and that part of the job was stressful. I resumed working for Micron's Joint venture Transform Solar in 2011 then transferred to Fab 4 (R&D) once Transform Solar went under. Micron helped me get my degree and had good benefits but the prior team work wasn't there like it used to be. I felt unfulfilled and unchallenged as a Manufacturing Tech at Micron. Nothhing against the company but I wanted to venture out and co start a business with an associate in the travel industry.
Pros
Benefits, Time off, Education
Cons
Tedious
Excellent Experience
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 3, 2018
Micron provided an excellent professional environment for development. The job is constantly asking you to apply a complex set of skills and help the engineering team work to build new products. The management is incredibly understanding and always encouraging involvement in projects. The team is supportive and the work experience is something I will always recommend.
Rest in peace.
Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CODecember 30, 2017
The part of Micron that I worked for was sold off and 90% of the staff let go. The microdisplay technology developed in Longmont was interesting but never found a large market.
Friendly-great benefits
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 30, 2017
Friendly atmosphere with long days but short weeks (3 to 4 day weekends). Management is fair and friendly. Awsome benefits. Good ballance between personal and work life.
Pros
benefits, fair wage
Cons
long days, job security
Productive place to work with great community outreach
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 30, 2017
I really enjoy the work environment. There are a great many people that I enjoy working with, including management, co-workers, production personnel, and cross functional teams. The benefits are awesome and the community outreach is the best in the Treasure Valley.
Pros
Great wrok environment
Great place to begin a career
MBU Product Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 29, 2017
Could not have asked for a better entry-level work experience. I received hands-on experience each and every day and after my full-time summer internship was able to continue working part-time throughout the school year. What a great opportunity!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Micron Technology, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.