Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible, horrible, horrible. On a good day.
Tech writer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 15, 2016
If you love being bullied to think you'll never amount to anything anywhere other than Micron, mandatory overtime with no compensation for it, managers staring at your badge in/out reports instead of the quality of your work, supporting a product line sure to be outmoded any day, wondering about a leveraged buyout from Samsung or some other competitor, and your CEO making racist jokes in front of a very diverse audience, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Good PTO policy
Cons
Too many to list, just stay away
Great place to work, great coworkers and great work environment
Engineering Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 26, 2016
This company has it together, they try to take care of their employees with the benefits package and the perks. The work I performed was fast-paced at times and you always had work to keep busy. The management and co-workers were very friendly and helpful. I left to work on aircraft or I would still be there.
Pros
Cafeteria on site, friendly and helpful Management and coworkers, benefit package
Cons
Cost of living in Manassass is high - could not afford to live there, had to commute
Consistently busy workplace
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 30, 2016
Typical day at work is gowning up to a cleanroom environment and monitoring tools and wafer production. I quickly learned that every day is not the same and that developing strong troubleshooting skills is a must to determine root causes. This industry is a constantly fluctuating field, as such, being able to overcome changing work hours and management is a must. Co-workers are easy to get along with and I certainly feel like part of a team. The hardest part of the job is (arguably) working night shift, however, this may be the most enjoyable part of the job as it allows for less interruption during the work day.
Pros
Occasional company events, overtime pay (from what I've heard), plenty of paid time-off
Cons
Permanent shift hours, "safety" culture, disconnects between shifts and management
Nice company to work
SENIOR .NET DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 14, 2016
There are a lot of pros working for Micron Technology. They have great career opportunities, a never ending supply of interesting work, competitive compensation, wonderful benefits, great people, wonderful training programs, a tremendous number of brilliant professionals in their fields ready to help, and great core values.
a progressive company with a positive environment and good benefits and incentives.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 23, 2016
a progressive company with a positive environment and good benefits and incentives and good upward mobility. The employer will assist the employee in a variety of educational programs.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
have to dress in a "clean suit" for many of the positions
Sr. Web/UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 23, 2016
looking a head to work in an organisation where i can get ampel oppurtunity to learn and grow and work for the organisation growth.
Poor Management
Facility Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 20, 2016
Benefits are great but management is not the best. They hire managers with no previous supervisory experience and do not know how to train them. Therefore, the employee suffers for it.
Pros
Benefits are good.
Cons
Very poor management.
Great place to work. Highly educated employees with great innervation.
Data Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 3, 2016
Great place to work. Highly educated employees with great innervation.
Day to day challenges that keep you abreast of industries performance.
Pros
Daily challengers
Cons
Market volatile
Too volatile
Manufacturing Technician Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 16, 2015
Volatile work environment. I had 7 managers in a span of a little over 2 years. I felt it was nearly impossible to move forward with my career as a cause of this. Constant change to management structure is typical. Co-workers were enjoyable and generally made the job acceptable. I was hired on to work day shift and after 1.5 years of dutiful employment I was forced to go to a night shift permanently. At the end of my tenure the company canceled pay increases.
Pros
401K, good health benefits
Good workplace but highly underpaid.
Module Assembly Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 25, 2015
Most people that work at Micron like work at Micron. It is good place to work. The benefits are great and we have a few game rooms too. The downside is that the pay is not competitive. Most of the people stay highly underpaid.
Pros
Team building events, Employee welcome lunches
Cons
Most people are paid at the lower end of the range
Focus on growth
Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 25, 2016
Micron is trying to grow furiously and get out of the commodity semi market by moving up the value chain in increasing margins. They've been trying to do this for a long time now. I can't understand why they haven't succeeded yet.
Excellent place to work with many benefits and facilities for employees.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 17, 2016
Micron provides a good workplace with excellent benefits, good training, excellent job growth opportunities and emphasizes teamwork.
Pros
Excellent cafeteria, fitness gym, and educational support.
Passion for computers.
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 28, 2016
Tested RAM modules, Assisted Lead operator with any problem on the floor, Trouble shoot fails of DRAM modules as an Technician. Shipping and receiving of items, System level test and AQL testing.
Pros
Gym, great enviroment
Cons
Downtime on machines
Best Job I ever had
Facility Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 13, 2016
I loved this job. Everyone worked together. I learned different systems and equipment. Management was knowledgeable and would work along side you to get the job done.
Reorganization never ends
Manufacturing Technician Trainer (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAOctober 15, 2015
This is a good company over-all. They have a drive for innovation and believe they desire to create a satisfying workplace. Their problem is that each new idea comes in the form of an unfunded mandate which is the buzzword, until somebody is bored with it, or it is proven to be no better than the last innovate thing they tried, for a little while.
Benefits
Cons
Little advancement, doesn't understand importance of training
Efficiency mindset culture
Finished Goods Lead - Trainer (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRMay 20, 2016
Team members were encourage to have an efficiency mindset culture. This mindset culture, helped the company to achieve short and long term goals.
Pros
6 S culture
Not recommended.
Mechanical Hardware Design Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAMay 16, 2016
Management attitude to not trust employees. Pay is not good. Management does not care about the employees. I am typing to get the 20 word minimum.
Dinamic, productive for me, good training program
Documentation Specialist / Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PROctober 20, 2015
Liked working as a documentation specialist since it was related with my field of study (computer science) and worked coding with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, etc. Also learned and worked with electronic record keeping, record retention, documentation and ISO 9001 auditor experience. Good company, great experience.
Productive work environment and excellent team members
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PROctober 31, 2015
Work at Micron Technology Puerto Rico was a wonderful experience. Specially with my co-workers that are the most helpful and friendly people I ever met.

The workplace and environment was excellent. Its feel like my second home, working with family not peers.
Pros
Healthcare, Retirement plan matching %
working to provide SSDs and DRAM to the VAR market
Manager (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMarch 21, 2016
There are some very talented people in the marketing and engineering teams at Micron. Some significant competitors keep this market very challenging.