Micron Technology, Inc.

Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work, great coworkers and great work environment
Engineering Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 26, 2016
This company has it together, they try to take care of their employees with the benefits package and the perks. The work I performed was fast-paced at times and you always had work to keep busy. The management and co-workers were very friendly and helpful. I left to work on aircraft or I would still be there.
Pros
Cafeteria on site, friendly and helpful Management and coworkers, benefit package
Cons
Cost of living in Manassass is high - could not afford to live there, had to commute
Nice company to work
SENIOR .NET DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 14, 2016
There are a lot of pros working for Micron Technology. They have great career opportunities, a never ending supply of interesting work, competitive compensation, wonderful benefits, great people, wonderful training programs, a tremendous number of brilliant professionals in their fields ready to help, and great core values.
a progressive company with a positive environment and good benefits and incentives.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 23, 2016
a progressive company with a positive environment and good benefits and incentives and good upward mobility. The employer will assist the employee in a variety of educational programs.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
have to dress in a "clean suit" for many of the positions
Too volatile
Manufacturing Technician Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 16, 2015
Volatile work environment. I had 7 managers in a span of a little over 2 years. I felt it was nearly impossible to move forward with my career as a cause of this. Constant change to management structure is typical. Co-workers were enjoyable and generally made the job acceptable. I was hired on to work day shift and after 1.5 years of dutiful employment I was forced to go to a night shift permanently. At the end of my tenure the company canceled pay increases.
Pros
401K, good health benefits
Excellent place to work with many benefits and facilities for employees.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 17, 2016
Micron provides a good workplace with excellent benefits, good training, excellent job growth opportunities and emphasizes teamwork.
Pros
Excellent cafeteria, fitness gym, and educational support.
Cons
Good workplace but highly underpaid.
Module Assembly Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 25, 2015
Most people that work at Micron like work at Micron. It is good place to work. The benefits are great and we have a few game rooms too. The downside is that the pay is not competitive. Most of the people stay highly underpaid.
Pros
Team building events, Employee welcome lunches
Cons
Most people are paid at the lower end of the range
Reorganization never ends
Manufacturing Technician Trainer (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAOctober 15, 2015
This is a good company over-all. They have a drive for innovation and believe they desire to create a satisfying workplace. Their problem is that each new idea comes in the form of an unfunded mandate which is the buzzword, until somebody is bored with it, or it is proven to be no better than the last innovate thing they tried, for a little while.
Benefits
Cons
Little advancement, doesn't understand importance of training
Fast-paced, project oriented, continuous improvement, multi-national corporation
Credit Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 16, 2015
Micron has a fast-paced and multi-national environment that is continually improving it's systems and processes. Large, corporate projects are the norm which makes it exciting and relatively stressful. There are lots of opportunities for those that have the skills and persistence. Competition is fierce and only getting more demanding.

Salaries and benefits are very good especially for the area. Most salaries are competitive on a national and worldwide basis. Requires working with people from many cultures and experience levels.
Pros
Competitive salaries and benefits, strong work ethic, never a boring moment
Cons
Can be stressful and competition for jobs is getting fierce
To obtain a full time job that will help me develop as well as achieve my personal goals by enriching my skills and knowledge and by extension help in
Electronic Technician I (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRJuly 2, 2016
— Conducts variety of electronic and electromechanical test on electronic systems, maintains and repair electronic equipment, calibrates test equipment or instruments according to specifications, interpreting wiring diagrams, and performs electrical test , perform debug and failure analysis on electronics modules, in test department. Support and upgrade of production automation test and process equipment, minimize equipment downtime. Executes special engineering projects, works with engineering in testing of prototype runs. Executes in compliance with all company policies, procedures as well as safety guidelines.
Company is very innovative and fast paced with cutting edge technology
Engineering Manager (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 18, 2016
Evaluate status of equipment, compare the area priorities to the resources available to me to address each need. Stay on top of each issue ensuring proper resources are in place. observe the techs and engineers performance and ensure they are addressing the daily responsibilities as well as their developmental goals.
I continually learn new solutions to new problems from a technology point of view as well a new skills when working with people.
Management empowers leaders to use individual skills to meet area and department goals. My co-workers are driven to meet area, department, company and personal goals. Having to fire someone is probably the hardest part of the job. Integrating inexperienced new employees into an operational team, identifying their key skills, Then finding specific learning opportunities and mentoring them for success.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Typically understaffed
Great Company
Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 4, 2016
Most days working was pretty eventful due to the position I was in. Some people would have worse problems then others. Plus helped with IT department to accomplish some bigger tasks at hand.

I had learned how to maintain a network environment even down to the physical data center itself. I would activate patch cables, used a Fox and the Hound to trace a patch cable to the data center, change VLANs to different subnets. Also learned to rack and configure servers.

My manager and coworkers were amazing people, nothing but the best ever came from them. I really enjoyed working with them during the time I had spent at Micron.
Pros
events and some free meals
Great work experience
Production Supervisor/ Lead / Trainer / Operator (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRJune 12, 2016
Started as production operator and had the opportunity to build up, learn new skills which allowed me to be promoted to trainer. As production trainer I developed many training tools, reports, procedures to help distribute updated information to comply with our clients needs. Later as production lead I had the chance to manage a shift production team working directly with daily goals while following established procedures. Last position as Production Supervisor allowed me to experience at first hand both, the responsibility for an entire shift's performance and goals and also the great feeling of building a team that felt appreciated for their job while making real connection with the team members that last to this day even though the company closed on our country. In other words, it was a journey which sadly ended but it contributed greatly to my growth as a professional and human being.
Productive and fun work ambient
Production and QA Lead Trainer (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRNovember 12, 2015
Excellent teamwork culture.12 hours Work shift with 4 days free let me finished my bachelor degree. Excellent benefits and compensations.
Pros
Flexible shifts
A place where you look forward to go
Operator (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 7, 2016
The Micron culture of work ethic is amazing . For example the people you get to work with in your team are focused on quality and fast execution of the product. As far as human relations go there has been something very special about the workers at Micron. Everyone is positive and always looking to help each other out. The supervisors most of the time go to bat for their team members.

Once you get rolled over you get great medical and you get 401k. In relation to other entry level jobs in the Treasure Valley Micron is overall competitive.
Pros
Triple pay on holidays for Micron employees, Free Holiday Meals
Cons
shift work meaning 12 hours days or nights
Consistently busy workplace
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 30, 2016
Typical day at work is gowning up to a cleanroom environment and monitoring tools and wafer production. I quickly learned that every day is not the same and that developing strong troubleshooting skills is a must to determine root causes. This industry is a constantly fluctuating field, as such, being able to overcome changing work hours and management is a must. Co-workers are easy to get along with and I certainly feel like part of a team. The hardest part of the job is (arguably) working night shift, however, this may be the most enjoyable part of the job as it allows for less interruption during the work day.
Pros
Occasional company events, overtime pay (from what I've heard), plenty of paid time-off
Cons
Permanent shift hours, "safety" culture, disconnects between shifts and management
Great workplace
Certified Production operator (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PROctober 11, 2015
A typical day of work may seem hectic as you have to meet a certain production standard. However, the company has many benefits and is constantly offering different ways to help employees cope with 12-hour work shifts in order to have a healthy lifestyle.
Pros
health insurance, retirement plan
Cons
long shifts
Micron Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 22, 2015
This was the best place I have ever worked. The daily duties varied so often it never was boring. I always felt challenged and at the end of the day I always had a sense of accomplishment. I was encouraged to continue my education, and to continue to expand my knowledge of semiconductors. I strongly recommend Micron to anyone who wants a great job with very good benefits.
Great place to work with fun people around
PRODUCT RELIABILITY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 19, 2016
After having an experience of more than 10 years in the industry, i have seen lots of ups and downs and the most important thing this has taught me is to have a positive attitude at all times and never shy away from a challenge. I had the fortune of working with some highly motivated and smart people and am sure that it has made me wiser with time.
I had good rapport with every group i worked in and always learned something new each day.
They treat you like slave labor.
Equipment Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 30, 2016
They don't give out raises, add responsibilities (you basically do the work of 2 or 3 people), they make it hard for you to advance, they lie to you to try to keep you. and morale is horrible. I would suggest you work for a different company if you want to be in the semiconductor field.
Pros
The relationships you build with co-workers.
Cons
Pretty much everything at Micron. Poor managment, how they treat you, and many other things.
Good work life fexibility
RDA Module Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 25, 2016
Good work life flexibility.
Training is mostly on self-learn web based
Management is not open. No motivations. Changes direction often
Co-workers are nice and helpful
Hardest part of the job is dealing with laid off every 3 years, low manpower to continue the work. Reluctant to change
Most enjoyable part is the teamwork with co-worker
Pros
Good work life flexibility
Cons
Direction from management changes often

Micron Technology, Inc. Reviews by Location