Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

Passion for computers.
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 28, 2016
Tested RAM modules, Assisted Lead operator with any problem on the floor, Trouble shoot fails of DRAM modules as an Technician. Shipping and receiving of items, System level test and AQL testing.
Pros
Gym, great enviroment
Cons
Downtime on machines
Excellent place to work and benefit
Lead Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRJanuary 28, 2016
This is excellent company to work, have good certification program and good shift to work. For me was good experience work here, i recommend any person work in this company.
a progressive company with a positive environment and good benefits and incentives.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 23, 2016
a progressive company with a positive environment and good benefits and incentives and good upward mobility. The employer will assist the employee in a variety of educational programs.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
have to dress in a "clean suit" for many of the positions
Excellent place to work with many benefits and facilities for employees.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 17, 2016
Micron provides a good workplace with excellent benefits, good training, excellent job growth opportunities and emphasizes teamwork.
Pros
Excellent cafeteria, fitness gym, and educational support.
Great place to work.
FAB Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VADecember 22, 2015
12 hour shifts. clean room environment. responsible for maintenance and repairs of high speed robots. great work environment. friendly staff and management. unfortunately it was too far away from pittsburgh after my daughter was born.
Great Department
Water Technician II / Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 14, 2015
I had an opportunity to work with the best group of guys I've ever worked with. The training that's available is great. I loved working there and would love the opportunity to work for them again
Pros
pay
Cons
lay offs
I enjoyed working in clean room enviornment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 25, 2015
It was nice steady pace working while being 1 of the only people on my shift to be able to go anywhere that was needed in different areas.
Pros
great pay, good people, and alot of overtime oppertunities
Cons
there wasn't any cons for me
Good workplace but highly underpaid.
Module Assembly Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 25, 2015
Most people that work at Micron like work at Micron. It is good place to work. The benefits are great and we have a few game rooms too. The downside is that the pay is not competitive. Most of the people stay highly underpaid.
Pros
Team building events, Employee welcome lunches
Cons
Most people are paid at the lower end of the range
was a good place to work
Dry Etch Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 17, 2015
worked the grave yard shift. management was great. always had positive thing to say to all.And always helpful.
co-workers were fun to work with and very helpful.
Too volatile
Manufacturing Technician Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 16, 2015
Volatile work environment. I had 7 managers in a span of a little over 2 years. I felt it was nearly impossible to move forward with my career as a cause of this. Constant change to management structure is typical. Co-workers were enjoyable and generally made the job acceptable. I was hired on to work day shift and after 1.5 years of dutiful employment I was forced to go to a night shift permanently. At the end of my tenure the company canceled pay increases.
Pros
401K, good health benefits
Productive and fun work ambient
Production and QA Lead Trainer (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRNovember 12, 2015
Excellent teamwork culture.12 hours Work shift with 4 days free let me finished my bachelor degree. Excellent benefits and compensations.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Not recommended
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 9, 2015
Leadership is milking the company before they ride off into the sunset. I would not recommend this job to a new engineer. The advancement opportunities are and the pay is stagnant. What you get hired at is what you're going to get for a long, long time.
The environment which i have been there was really a good one the co worker are very supportive and very much cooperative.
DotNet Developer (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 4, 2015
Tester (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 3, 2015
From what I remember it was a good place to work. It was a friendly, caring place to work. It was just to far to drive every day.
Pros
pay
Cons
the drive
Productive work environment and excellent team members
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PROctober 31, 2015
Work at Micron Technology Puerto Rico was a wonderful experience. Specially with my co-workers that are the most helpful and friendly people I ever met.

The workplace and environment was excellent. Its feel like my second home, working with family not peers.
Pros
Healthcare, Retirement plan matching %
Excellent workplace
Quality Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PROctober 26, 2015
This a company that the main focus is not numbers. Totally focused on delivering a Quality product to our customers. A company that cares for it's employees, providing growth and development.
Pros
Working alongside professional colleagues.
Cons
Company shut down.
Machine operator/Repair/Shipping Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PROctober 22, 2015
Good place to work , i learned a lot different manufacturing areas. Very good relationships with all team members. Focus in quality manufacturing.
Pros
can learn different works area
Cons
n/a
Dinamic, productive for me, good training program
Documentation Specialist / Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PROctober 20, 2015
Liked working as a documentation specialist since it was related with my field of study (computer science) and worked coding with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, etc. Also learned and worked with electronic record keeping, record retention, documentation and ISO 9001 auditor experience. Good company, great experience.
Very good place to work
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PROctober 19, 2015
Very good company and very proud of been part of it.
The only reason Im not working is because they closing the plant in Puerto rico.
Pros
PRO employees
Cons
Excellent work place with great opportunities.
Production/Quality Lead-Trainer (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PROctober 15, 2015
It's been twelve years since I started working for Micron Tech, so I've learned so many things from my work, co-workers and though all the trainings I've received. It's been a real school for me.
Pros
3-4 free days a week.
Cons
shifts are made of 12 hours.