Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

Boise a Nice place to Live
Finance Strategy Group, Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 21, 2017
Great experience at Micron. People were friendly, last US Memory Manufacture. New leadership team is making a difference driving more focus on expansion opportunties
Pros
Great Area
Cons
lack of competitive employment
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 16, 2017
Great place to work. The staff are focused and yet very fun to work with. I'll recommend Micron to anyone who is determined to make a career in a large organization.
Pros
Fun colleagues
Cons
Bureaucracy
A lot of good people. Culture changing at MTV
Dry Etch Process Owner (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 12, 2017
I worked with a lot of good engineers and technicians. With the transition at the MTV site to legacy technology the culture has changed. It might be preferable to look for positions at other Micron sites with better long-term prospects.
Pros
good people
Stressful with poor management skills
Equipment Technician II (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 9, 2017
Long 12 hour days. Very stressful due to the lack of man power and management skills. A lot of favoritism is shown by upper management. They have a lack of training for all employees. There is no moral. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from all different parts of the world, and that is it.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
No Work Place Moral
Stressful
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 8, 2017
Stressful place to work. No training opportunities. Culture is adrift. Management often latches onto the latest corporate fad, though often several years behind. Layoffs regularly now, though under the radar and a trickle to not make it into the news. And, managers who cause the issues in the first place are the ones making the decisions on who to let go so the cycle never changes and things don't improve. Individual contributors' voices usually ignored. If you don't tow the line you won't last long.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful environment, no work/life balance
A great place to work.
Engineering​ ​Data​ ​Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 3, 2017
This job was quick-paced, challenging, and stressful at times. It required the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve on the fly. It also required constant focus and the ability to prioritize. I learned A LOT from this job.
Fun, High Tech emviornment
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 2, 2017
Steady day at Micron.
I learned about many different type of chemicals, the pros and the cons.
The management team at Micron was one of the best I've ever had the pleasure to work with.
The hardest part of the job was passing a lot of exams on a quarterly basis.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the team members and the managers. Truly a group of very kind people.
Pros
Cafeteria on property, lunch cooked to order.
Cons
Pay
Fun Place to Work
Data Analysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 1, 2017
If you follow their career path requirements and work hard you'll move up in pay quickly.

Benefits are very competitive. Lots of friends for life made there.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Commute from Meridian, traffic
Production Operator II (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 1, 2017
I have loved working with Micron all the time I have been employed with them. the hours are very well structured for my life style. I have more time to do more on my weekends.
Pros
hours are great
Cons
cyclical
work
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 29, 2017
 Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with the flexibility and experience required to adjust to rapidly changing schedules and shifting priorities

Want to know more about Micron Technology, Inc.?

Ask a question
ok
Facilities Administrator of Micron Facilities (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 29, 2017
I'm not sure exactly why I review is required for my past employer and I'm not sure exactly why this is required , so I'm choosing to dictate this information so that I can meet them 150 character minimum and move on.
Great company.
Senior Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 17, 2017
Great company to work with. Workplace culture is brilliant. There's a lot to be picked up every day, if you just keep your eyes open to various opportunities within the company.
Good company to work for. Boise is a beautiful city, good to raise family
Design Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 8, 2017
The working environment is great. The company promote healthy working and living. We had gym on site, walking path, baseball, basketball field and play ground for kids. We were encouraged to do exercise daily. It makes the day going fast.
Pros
Promoting healthy living
Cons
difficult for promotion, specially for women
Production Supervisor
Production Supervisor Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 4, 2017
Extremely busy on a day to day schedule. Responsible for 10-30 direct reports at a time. We had production requirements for each shift and also quality assurance that was a important part of our daily goals. Easiest part of job was working with employees and other shift supervisors. It was a tough in some respects to get the product out, but the other employees made it fun to go to work.
Pros
wages, profit sharing, vacation time
Cons
12 hour shifts
Productive and fun place to work for with excellent benefits
Engineering Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 1, 2017
This company really knows how to take care of their employees. Had it not been for the company being located in Idaho and my home state being South Carolina, I would have worked there until retirement age.
Pros
Excellent compensation, benefits and ability to advance.
Cons
Location being in Idaho.
No work-life balance
Global Supplier Manager (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 1, 2017
Excellent benefits and compensation however most end up working 60+ hours per week consistently. Limited growth potential in Manassas VA, have to move to Boise Idaho or Singapore headquarters for growth.
Great internship
Business Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 24, 2017
I learned so much from Micron from business to basic skills for everyday life. I learned how to read markets trends better and review how to better solutions that are already thought to be the best.
Pros
support, growth
Cons
very big company
Very comfortable work place
Computer Programmer (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYJuly 23, 2017
I loved my position at micron technology, the work environment wasn't stressful at all, everyone were friendly, got along, worked as a team and got the job done.
I like working for this company
Chemical warehouse technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 20, 2017
I like working at micron very much. It is a fantastic company to work for but the room for advancement isn't there. I work in the chemical warehouse with the worlds most dangerous chemicals and don't get compensated a fair rate for risking my life on a daily basis.
The buildings were wonderfu as well as the cleanliness
Electronic technician - fabrication technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 27, 2017
I enjoyed building and working with electronics at this company as I get great satisfaction out of repairing an item and I did a lot of this. I work in a fabrication area which had a 100% cleanroom environment.
Pros
large caleteria and 3 of them
Cons
this job was very stressful and lead nowhere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Micron Technology, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.