Micron Technology, Inc.

Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive environment with concise job roles
Quality and Reliability Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 10, 2016
Learned to collaborate as well as drive change, as was needed in our group to bring two different Quality organizations into one in a new company. Learning the methods used on the other technologies, questioning and then determining how and what of these to use on NOR Flash was a learning experience.
Pros
concise job description, free tea and coffee, support of growth and appreciation of having in depth skills
Cons
a bit less empowering, less breath of job scope
Great place to work with fun people around
PRODUCT RELIABILITY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 19, 2016
After having an experience of more than 10 years in the industry, i have seen lots of ups and downs and the most important thing this has taught me is to have a positive attitude at all times and never shy away from a challenge. I had the fortune of working with some highly motivated and smart people and am sure that it has made me wiser with time.
I had good rapport with every group i worked in and always learned something new each day.
Great Company
Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 4, 2016
Most days working was pretty eventful due to the position I was in. Some people would have worse problems then others. Plus helped with IT department to accomplish some bigger tasks at hand.

I had learned how to maintain a network environment even down to the physical data center itself. I would activate patch cables, used a Fox and the Hound to trace a patch cable to the data center, change VLANs to different subnets. Also learned to rack and configure servers.

My manager and coworkers were amazing people, nothing but the best ever came from them. I really enjoyed working with them during the time I had spent at Micron.
Pros
events and some free meals
They treat you like slave labor.
Equipment Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 30, 2016
They don't give out raises, add responsibilities (you basically do the work of 2 or 3 people), they make it hard for you to advance, they lie to you to try to keep you. and morale is horrible. I would suggest you work for a different company if you want to be in the semiconductor field.
Pros
The relationships you build with co-workers.
Cons
Pretty much everything at Micron. Poor managment, how they treat you, and many other things.
Day at work
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 2, 2016
Being on call 24/7 was very stressful and not really rewarding. But when i wasn't being paged on off hours the typical day was pretty good. get into work clean up messes from the previous night talk and work with italian coworkers. Get lunch and then work on projects which included expanding software solutions and making things generally better for everyone.
Pros
Low cost lunches, great benefits
Cons
Off hours required
Good work life fexibility
RDA Module Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 25, 2016
Good work life flexibility.
Training is mostly on self-learn web based
Management is not open. No motivations. Changes direction often
Co-workers are nice and helpful
Hardest part of the job is dealing with laid off every 3 years, low manpower to continue the work. Reluctant to change
Most enjoyable part is the teamwork with co-worker
Pros
Good work life flexibility
Cons
Direction from management changes often
A place where you look forward to go
Operator (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 7, 2016
The Micron culture of work ethic is amazing . For example the people you get to work with in your team are focused on quality and fast execution of the product. As far as human relations go there has been something very special about the workers at Micron. Everyone is positive and always looking to help each other out. The supervisors most of the time go to bat for their team members.

Once you get rolled over you get great medical and you get 401k. In relation to other entry level jobs in the Treasure Valley Micron is overall competitive.
Pros
Triple pay on holidays for Micron employees, Free Holiday Meals
Cons
shift work meaning 12 hours days or nights
A Challenging and Good Paying Career
Silicon Signal Integrity Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 15, 2016
The work at this large company depends on the department you work in.
Some departments offer ample opportunities for advancement and some don't. This is very much dependent on the type of work. In the fabrication facilities, career opportunities are abundant. In R&D type of work, the career is more focused on technical skills (as to be expected).
Production driven environment
Process Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 22, 2016
Semiconductor industry is a cyclical industrial with may ups and downs. The downs trends have tendency to eliminate the weaker players. From the peak to now there were 40-50 memory chip makers now we are down to about 4. There not much more to cut and the future of manufacturing in the US will be difficult.
Pros
Good benefits - dental and eye care
Cons
difficult business - 24x7 environment
Great place to work and advance your career
Firmware Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 21, 2016
I work full time more than a year at Micron.
Great company to work for. You will have a lot of things to learn to move forward your career goal.
Management is good. Sometimes work-life balance can not be achieved but that is a small issue compared with a lot of good things you will get here.
Pros
Great benefit
Cons
Stock went down lately
To obtain a full time job that will help me develop as well as achieve my personal goals by enriching my skills and knowledge and by extension help in
Electronic Technician I (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRJuly 2, 2016
— Conducts variety of electronic and electromechanical test on electronic systems, maintains and repair electronic equipment, calibrates test equipment or instruments according to specifications, interpreting wiring diagrams, and performs electrical test , perform debug and failure analysis on electronics modules, in test department. Support and upgrade of production automation test and process equipment, minimize equipment downtime. Executes special engineering projects, works with engineering in testing of prototype runs. Executes in compliance with all company policies, procedures as well as safety guidelines.
Great position in a not so great time.
Production Engineer Planner (Current Employee) –  Boise IDJuly 5, 2016
The work at Micron is wonderful, I enjoy what I do and the experience I am gaining. I yearn for more responsibility, however. Micron seems to have every intention of keeping me, but unfortunately I have grown restless.
Pros
Great health benefits, incentive pay, and on site gym.
Cons
Work Life Balance, cyclical job industry
Can be frustrating with the lack of validation of processes and procedures
Engineering Technition (Former Employee) –  SIG DepartmentAugust 18, 2016
Overall a good place to work.
A typical day was just come in and do your work.
Everyone is open to answer any questions and encouraged to do so.
Management was fair to everyone.
Equipment down time was a bit to high.
The most enjoyable part was learning.
Consistently busy workplace
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 30, 2016
Typical day at work is gowning up to a cleanroom environment and monitoring tools and wafer production. I quickly learned that every day is not the same and that developing strong troubleshooting skills is a must to determine root causes. This industry is a constantly fluctuating field, as such, being able to overcome changing work hours and management is a must. Co-workers are easy to get along with and I certainly feel like part of a team. The hardest part of the job is (arguably) working night shift, however, this may be the most enjoyable part of the job as it allows for less interruption during the work day.
Pros
Occasional company events, overtime pay (from what I've heard), plenty of paid time-off
Cons
Permanent shift hours, "safety" culture, disconnects between shifts and management
Horrible, horrible, horrible. On a good day.
Tech writer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 15, 2016
If you love being bullied to think you'll never amount to anything anywhere other than Micron, mandatory overtime with no compensation for it, managers staring at your badge in/out reports instead of the quality of your work, supporting a product line sure to be outmoded any day, wondering about a leveraged buyout from Samsung or some other competitor, and your CEO making racist jokes in front of a very diverse audience, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Good PTO policy
Cons
Too many to list, just stay away
Excellent work environment with proper work-life balance.
Product Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 1, 2016
I was working with extremely experienced team of professionals. My team members were very helpful and friendly. I was easily able to approach anyone with my all questions and they would clear all my doubts very patiently.

Work hours were flexible. I learned a lot from my team members. I was part of Probe PE team. I analyzed digital/analog simulations of test-modes for pre-silicon validation of the product & documented the results.I also created test vectors for regression testing of test-modes and developed a Perl script to automate the regression testing. I also got an opportunity to perform post-silicon validation of a test-mode on Micron’s testers. I was able to learn a lot of new things due to the support and guidance provided by my team.

I was very pleased with the work environment. With a great working environment and team support as in Micron, it is very easy to achieve your goals.
Productive and fun place to work
Characterization Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 9, 2016
Lived in Boise ID. Both city and place of work very unusual and interesting to work. I liked everything there. Very friendly and nice environment and people
Pros
Very open environment for people who would like to learn
Cons
remote location
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 10, 2016
Learned quite a bit while at Micron. Ariba System and SAP. Great coworkers, hardworking pleasant.
Best part of my job was dealing with the people and vendors, helping them to get what they needed.
Benefits
Cons
Layoffs / reduction in force about every 3 years
Company is very innovative and fast paced with cutting edge technology
Engineering Manager (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 18, 2016
Evaluate status of equipment, compare the area priorities to the resources available to me to address each need. Stay on top of each issue ensuring proper resources are in place. observe the techs and engineers performance and ensure they are addressing the daily responsibilities as well as their developmental goals.
I continually learn new solutions to new problems from a technology point of view as well a new skills when working with people.
Management empowers leaders to use individual skills to meet area and department goals. My co-workers are driven to meet area, department, company and personal goals. Having to fire someone is probably the hardest part of the job. Integrating inexperienced new employees into an operational team, identifying their key skills, Then finding specific learning opportunities and mentoring them for success.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Typically understaffed
Great place to work, great coworkers and great work environment
Engineering Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 26, 2016
This company has it together, they try to take care of their employees with the benefits package and the perks. The work I performed was fast-paced at times and you always had work to keep busy. The management and co-workers were very friendly and helpful. I left to work on aircraft or I would still be there.
Pros
Cafeteria on site, friendly and helpful Management and coworkers, benefit package
Cons
Cost of living in Manassass is high - could not afford to live there, had to commute

Micron Technology, Inc. Reviews by Location