Micron Technology, Inc.

Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Consistently busy workplace
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 30, 2016
Typical day at work is gowning up to a cleanroom environment and monitoring tools and wafer production. I quickly learned that every day is not the same and that developing strong troubleshooting skills is a must to determine root causes. This industry is a constantly fluctuating field, as such, being able to overcome changing work hours and management is a must. Co-workers are easy to get along with and I certainly feel like part of a team. The hardest part of the job is (arguably) working night shift, however, this may be the most enjoyable part of the job as it allows for less interruption during the work day.
Pros
Occasional company events, overtime pay (from what I've heard), plenty of paid time-off
Cons
Permanent shift hours, "safety" culture, disconnects between shifts and management
Micron Review
Principal Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 25, 2016
Great job. Lots of time off. Pay is low. Only worked half the year and had tons of vacation. As a technician your skills aren't challenged enough.
Pros
time off
Cons
wage
Poor Management
Facility Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 20, 2016
Benefits are great but management is not the best. They hire managers with no previous supervisory experience and do not know how to train them. Therefore, the employee suffers for it.
Pros
Benefits are good.
Cons
Very poor management.
Horrible, horrible, horrible. On a good day.
Tech writer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 15, 2016
If you love being bullied to think you'll never amount to anything anywhere other than Micron, mandatory overtime with no compensation for it, managers staring at your badge in/out reports instead of the quality of your work, supporting a product line sure to be outmoded any day, wondering about a leveraged buyout from Samsung or some other competitor, and your CEO making racist jokes in front of a very diverse audience, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Good PTO policy
Cons
Too many to list, just stay away
Great place to work, great coworkers and great work environment
Engineering Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 26, 2016
This company has it together, they try to take care of their employees with the benefits package and the perks. The work I performed was fast-paced at times and you always had work to keep busy. The management and co-workers were very friendly and helpful. I left to work on aircraft or I would still be there.
Pros
Cafeteria on site, friendly and helpful Management and coworkers, benefit package
Cons
Cost of living in Manassass is high - could not afford to live there, had to commute
Sr. Web/UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 23, 2016
looking a head to work in an organisation where i can get ampel oppurtunity to learn and grow and work for the organisation growth.
working to provide SSDs and DRAM to the VAR market
Manager (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMarch 21, 2016
There are some very talented people in the marketing and engineering teams at Micron. Some significant competitors keep this market very challenging.
Nice company to work
SENIOR .NET DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 14, 2016
There are a lot of pros working for Micron Technology. They have great career opportunities, a never ending supply of interesting work, competitive compensation, wonderful benefits, great people, wonderful training programs, a tremendous number of brilliant professionals in their fields ready to help, and great core values.
Productive work place
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRMarch 3, 2016
12 hour night shifts, 3 or 4 days a week. A typical night went filling a pick and place with reels of capacitors or resistances.
Pros
3 or 4 days off per week
Cons
work on weekends
Passion for computers.
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 28, 2016
Tested RAM modules, Assisted Lead operator with any problem on the floor, Trouble shoot fails of DRAM modules as an Technician. Shipping and receiving of items, System level test and AQL testing.
Pros
Gym, great enviroment
Cons
Downtime on machines

Want to know more about Micron Technology, Inc.?

Ask a question
Excellent place to work and benefit
Lead Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRJanuary 28, 2016
This is excellent company to work, have good certification program and good shift to work. For me was good experience work here, i recommend any person work in this company.
a progressive company with a positive environment and good benefits and incentives.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 23, 2016
a progressive company with a positive environment and good benefits and incentives and good upward mobility. The employer will assist the employee in a variety of educational programs.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
have to dress in a "clean suit" for many of the positions
Excellent place to work with many benefits and facilities for employees.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 17, 2016
Micron provides a good workplace with excellent benefits, good training, excellent job growth opportunities and emphasizes teamwork.
Pros
Excellent cafeteria, fitness gym, and educational support.
Great place to work.
FAB Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VADecember 22, 2015
12 hour shifts. clean room environment. responsible for maintenance and repairs of high speed robots. great work environment. friendly staff and management. unfortunately it was too far away from pittsburgh after my daughter was born.
Great Department
Water Technician II / Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 14, 2015
I had an opportunity to work with the best group of guys I've ever worked with. The training that's available is great. I loved working there and would love the opportunity to work for them again
Pros
pay
Cons
lay offs
I enjoyed working in clean room enviornment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 25, 2015
It was nice steady pace working while being 1 of the only people on my shift to be able to go anywhere that was needed in different areas.
Pros
great pay, good people, and alot of overtime oppertunities
Cons
there wasn't any cons for me
Good workplace but highly underpaid.
Module Assembly Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 25, 2015
Most people that work at Micron like work at Micron. It is good place to work. The benefits are great and we have a few game rooms too. The downside is that the pay is not competitive. Most of the people stay highly underpaid.
Pros
Team building events, Employee welcome lunches
Cons
Most people are paid at the lower end of the range
was a good place to work
Dry Etch Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 17, 2015
worked the grave yard shift. management was great. always had positive thing to say to all.And always helpful.
co-workers were fun to work with and very helpful.
Too volatile
Manufacturing Technician Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 16, 2015
Volatile work environment. I had 7 managers in a span of a little over 2 years. I felt it was nearly impossible to move forward with my career as a cause of this. Constant change to management structure is typical. Co-workers were enjoyable and generally made the job acceptable. I was hired on to work day shift and after 1.5 years of dutiful employment I was forced to go to a night shift permanently. At the end of my tenure the company canceled pay increases.
Pros
401K, good health benefits
Productive and fun work ambient
Production and QA Lead Trainer (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRNovember 12, 2015
Excellent teamwork culture.12 hours Work shift with 4 days free let me finished my bachelor degree. Excellent benefits and compensations.
Pros
Flexible shifts