Micron Technology, Inc.

Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

OK to work for
Associate Engineer (Former Employee), Manassas, VAJuly 30, 2015
Micron was a good place to work for until management became dishonest. They tell you they are expanding then lay everyone off the next week Lot of good old boy culture there as well. If you are a drinking buddy or friend you get to stay.
production is key
operator (Former Employee), Boise, IDJuly 28, 2015
Pros: good oppurtunity
Cons: too bureaucratic
Good place with lots of lay offs. there is still jobs there with some opportunities. i learned to stay busy here. There is also something about working here that gives you a since of security.
semicond
Shift Equipment Support Manager/ Engineering Lead (Former Employee), Manassas, VAJuly 16, 2015
Decent semiconductor company. Long hours, lots of H1B, well funded and fast paced. Learned alot but no respect for personal time.
Productive place with very friendly people to work with
Wet Etch Clean Process Owner Engineer (Current Employee), Manassas, VAJuly 14, 2015
Working at the same company for 8 yrs gives one some perspective.
The company rapidly changes its goals every quarter. Departmental mangers sometime are not even aligned to these goals.

The work itself is rewarding and challenging. There are many classes offered so that you can learn and increase your knowledge base. Sadly there is no commitment or loyalty for workers who have been at the company for a long time.

Management needs alot of improvement if they what people to stay there and if they want this company to be successful.
Conservative management and good environment to work with
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: friendly and nice people
Cons: not much perks here
I like to work at Micron with good working and safe environment. People are friendly and cooperative. Great team work here.
Excellent Company
Process Control and Production Operator (Former Employee), Aguadilla, PRJuly 3, 2015
Pros: first experience as a regular employee.
Cons: 12 hours shifts...
Its was a great experience for me. I learn so much this years. I grew up professionally. I made many friends. Excellent company with a very good working group. The hardest part was his twelve-hour shifts.
But most of the time is well spent because there was a lot of teamwork
Good job
Core array lead (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJune 30, 2015
Good job with amazing benefits and flexibility. Lots of opportunities to grow and improve in Career. I would highly recommend people to join this company and enjoy a great career
Great people to work with.
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Boise, IDJune 28, 2015
Pros: Time off
Cons: Too much management looking over your shoulder.
Work nights for 15 years, don't mind night's. I've acquired many tool, and process equipment sets over the years. Haven't been involved in management, but have trained many operators and Engineers. Get along with just about everyone I meet. The hardest part of the job is the long hours 6:30pm to 6:30am. Most enloyable part of the job is when you help someone to achieve a goal that helps them succeed.
Fun fast pace work environment.
Engineering Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Manassas, VAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Diverse, challenging and fast paced work environment.
Cons: Abilty to get promoted and move up in the company has become nearly impossible.
I love working at Micron and enjoy the people I work with for the most part.

I like the technology that is involved with making memory because there is nothing like it,
Equipment Engineer Technician
Equipment Engineer Technician (Current Employee), Manassas, VAJune 25, 2015
Equipment Engineer, work in the Dry Etch Department Responsible for monitoring, sustaining, and improving the tool equipment and processes. also I am required to assist with equipment installs, test systematic problem solving and troubleshooting. Maintenance performed on all tools check sheets and tracking of programs.
loved it!
SharePoint Consultant (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 23, 2015
I was a contractor from HP and the people I worked at Micron was awesome and smart! I got good training and I learned lots from them. I am looking forward to work with them again!
Productive and stimulating workplace
PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Manassas, VAJune 21, 2015
Nice place to work with fast paced work environment. A typical day involves analyzing issues and putting solutions in place. Work involves continues communication with different departments and internally.
Desert Factory
Equipment Engineer (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 18, 2015
Pros: lots of vacation
Cons: forced overtime
I spent a lot of my youth with this company. Some departments are ran better than others. I got to developed a wide range of skills and every day was a challenge.
Outstanding place to work
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Folsom, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Got to really get a hands on feel
Cons: No vacation since it was a contract position.
Excellent place to work. State of the art equipment and very bright staff. Busy just about every minute of the day. Management was excellent and co-workers were very friendly. Hardest part of the job was since there was only two Support people it was crazy at times, but we managed. Best part of the job was that they had state of the art equipment to work with.
Excellent place to work
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Manassas, VAMay 27, 2015
Friendly staff, great work life balance, approachable management, and excellent advancement opportunities. Worked with friendly staff across different departments. Had an excellent work life balance where workers could know one another and families.
Nice enviroment to work at
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Manassas, VAMay 26, 2015
Pros: NIce workforce
Cons: short breaks
I was responsible for piping for tools. Had a crew that was cooperative and full of team players. Management were very superb.
Silo'd work environment
Segment Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Boise, IDMarch 19, 2015
Pros: in boise, accessibility to external activities, personal lifestyle.
Cons: silo'd work environment & hurdles to change positions internally
Within each work areas, Micron is very 'silo'd' and there's not a lot of cross business unit collaboration as each has their own culture. Some areas are better at providing opportunities vs. others. Generally, it's easier to move ahead if you come in from the outside. It's quite challenging and political to move ahead from within the company, although there are some good people that work at Micron. Some of the outsiders that come in struggle to recognize that and tend to hire their buddies from outside into lead positions despite not understanding the products or culture.
Terrible work life balance and no culture or vision
... (Former Employee), Milpitas, CaMarch 17, 2015
Micron is a very old school and traditional company. It does not welcome change or innovation. There is zero work life balance and only the talkers get rewarded, not the doers.

Pay is average and not very competitive and growth only comes in Boise, Idaho. Go look for another company that actually does what they say they do and go after.
Good place to be part of
Lead Operator (Current Employee), Aguadilla, PRMarch 14, 2015
Pros: free days
Cons: 12 hrs shift
Been part of Micron Technologies for the past 8 years, I,ve been able to grow as a leader and acquirer numerous experiences with different equipments.
Very exciting company with revolutionary products
Design Engineer (Current Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits and culture
Cons: none that i have yet deemed
I have only been here one month. I'm very impressed the Management and Human Resources department.

The company is very structured and well managed

1 2 3 4 5

About Micron Technology, Inc.

Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, – Read more

Micron Technology, Inc. Salaries