Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

A good company overall that is going through major management and culture changes
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 16, 2017
A changing company with lots of potential. It's a place to work with good benefits and the employees are stellar. The overall environment is fast paced.
Great job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 12, 2017
This was a great job, but I was laid off, It was a great career. Lots of opportunity for training to better your chance of advancement. Good benefits and Great people.
Great Benefits
Worker (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 6, 2017
Micron is a global corporation with good benefits. The workplace is fast paced and has continuous training. The company will help with furthering education.
Pros
Great Benefits
No job security
Wet Process Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 6, 2017
They are sending all manufacturing jobs to Taiwan. Huge layoffs happening right now. Micron used to be a USA based company, but they sent their headquarters to Singapore and started buying up manufacturing plants over seas and all our jobs are following. No loyalties to their employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
No job security
Large company with several plants worldwide.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 1, 2017
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Fun co-workers and relaxed environment
Encapsulation Operator/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 29, 2017
The shifts are what made me love work. The 12hr shifts felt like nothing. Days off were always 3-4 days and being away from work that long felt like a vacation... every week.
Good place to work if liked shift work.
QC Tech I (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 28, 2017
Typical day as a QC tech was hectic, long (12 hours), and fast paced. Weekends were great: 3 to 4 days. All in all, it was a great job. Hardest part was dealing with people who made the same mistakes over and over. Good part of the job was you didn't know exactly what the shift would bring you and it kept you guessing.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INSeptember 27, 2017
Nice place to work good people enjoy talking to co workers just no benefits.except every month we get bonuses for on time shipping. and cook outs for quality of product over I like it out there,
Work life blance place in competitive industry
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 26, 2017
Micron is the best company I been worked in. It has balanced work loading and good peer relationship. But too many competitors from korean and Japan..
Pros
Work blance
Cons
Less job security due to competition
Operator II
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 22, 2017
In a clean room Fab environment. Pay attention to detail, and be safe was very important. Be aware of your area, problem solve, and be a team player. I worked as a Lead Operator for 2 years and have taken some management courses while working there.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 16, 2017
Great place to work. The staff are focused and yet very fun to work with. I'll recommend Micron to anyone who is determined to make a career in a large organization.
Pros
Fun colleagues
Cons
Bureaucracy
A lot of good people. Culture changing at MTV
Dry Etch Process Owner (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 12, 2017
I worked with a lot of good engineers and technicians. With the transition at the MTV site to legacy technology the culture has changed. It might be preferable to look for positions at other Micron sites with better long-term prospects.
Pros
good people
Stressful with poor management skills
Equipment Technician II (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 9, 2017
Long 12 hour days. Very stressful due to the lack of man power and management skills. A lot of favoritism is shown by upper management. They have a lack of training for all employees. There is no moral. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from all different parts of the world, and that is it.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
No Work Place Moral
Stressful
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 8, 2017
Stressful place to work. No training opportunities. Culture is adrift. Management often latches onto the latest corporate fad, though often several years behind. Layoffs regularly now, though under the radar and a trickle to not make it into the news. And, managers who cause the issues in the first place are the ones making the decisions on who to let go so the cycle never changes and things don't improve. Individual contributors' voices usually ignored. If you don't tow the line you won't last long.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful environment, no work/life balance
A great place to work.
Engineering​ ​Data​ ​Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 3, 2017
This job was quick-paced, challenging, and stressful at times. It required the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve on the fly. It also required constant focus and the ability to prioritize. I learned A LOT from this job.
Fun, High Tech emviornment
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 2, 2017
Steady day at Micron.
I learned about many different type of chemicals, the pros and the cons.
The management team at Micron was one of the best I've ever had the pleasure to work with.
The hardest part of the job was passing a lot of exams on a quarterly basis.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the team members and the managers. Truly a group of very kind people.
Pros
Cafeteria on property, lunch cooked to order.
Cons
Pay
Fun Place to Work
Data Analysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 1, 2017
If you follow their career path requirements and work hard you'll move up in pay quickly.

Benefits are very competitive. Lots of friends for life made there.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Commute from Meridian, traffic
Production Operator II (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 1, 2017
I have loved working with Micron all the time I have been employed with them. the hours are very well structured for my life style. I have more time to do more on my weekends.
Pros
hours are great
Cons
cyclical
work
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 29, 2017
 Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with the flexibility and experience required to adjust to rapidly changing schedules and shifting priorities
ok
Facilities Administrator of Micron Facilities (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 29, 2017
I'm not sure exactly why I review is required for my past employer and I'm not sure exactly why this is required , so I'm choosing to dictate this information so that I can meet them 150 character minimum and move on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Micron Technology, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.