Micron Technology, Inc.

Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

Nice environment
Journeyman HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 20, 2017
Great place to further your education. Depends on your education 24/7 operation. Long shift, great people to work with!
Long Term Employment?
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 13, 2017
Worked their 30 years, until replaced by temporary employess with no benefits. Right after recieving my 30 year service award. They are a profit motivated group. Good luck to them.
Good experience
OEM Customer Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 11, 2017
Good company to work for
Located in Boise Idaho
It matters that you are at headquarter as apposed to outside city
Micron is located all over the world
would not recomment to a friend
Global Supply Manager-Emerging Markets (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 3, 2017
Very top heavy. Can not make decisions at the top. Industry is very up and down. They cut people when it's down, then refill the same position 5 month later.
Pros
Some very good people
Cons
Worked a lot of 12 hour days
Demanding work Environment
Business Process Management Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 3, 2017
The semiconductor business is a highly competitive due to the tremendous requirements for quality while keeping productivity as efficient as possible. Tremendous competition from global companies forces the to apply constant improvement pressures on the employees and production equipment. Due to these factors it is a high stress business which can be rewarding to those who are willing to make the sacrifice of time and leisure.
Pros
Free coffee, competative pay, good healthcare
Cons
Highly stressfull work environment.
Remain proactive
Diffusion Process Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VADecember 29, 2016
It's a great place to work. Great benefit. But its a competitive industry so you have to be pro-active. Work shift are 12 hours if you are working in the fabrication floor. You also have to wear full body smock to work on the floor.
Pros
Benefits and vacation time
Cons
Micro management
Contamination Control Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 14, 2016
Difficult and stressful but overall well run company. Company is growing quite rapidly and so there is a lot of change going on. There has been a tendency to build bureaucratic systems that do not seem well served.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Difficult working environment a great deal of the time
busy, fast paced
Test Floor Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 10, 2016
I learned how to operate many different types of testers. I worked closely with Engineers. I was very versatile in many areas within the company. I was always busy, and lending a helping hand, when needed
Pros
long hours, short work weeks, overtime
Cons
no cons.. I loved working there
Good place to improve your knowledge
Field Service Engineer III (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 2, 2016
There is a lot of technology and job skills that you can learn. The management is not so strict. The most difficult thing is to deal with a co-worker who does not to put in a fair share of work load.
Level 2 Support work, paid like a Level 1
IT Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 26, 2016
Constantly bombarded with email, phone and chat without the sufficient amount of people to delegate the tasks to. We all tried our best to keep up with the influx of incidents that would come in but it was clear that they were not interested in boosting company morale, or pay. They did not pay us for the level 2 work we provided. We were paid level 1 or even below.
Some parts and areas work very well
Lead Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 23, 2016
Micron is learning how to be a big company. Improving efforts to align and get everyone on the same page. Recent focus has been on execution on previous R&D Efforts.
Company first mindset
EHS Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 21, 2016
Benefits are attractive. Compensation is more than adequate. Shift schedule should in theory allow for 4 days off every other week but mandatory overtime was required very regularly. Often given the impression that employees were a burden to management not an asset. Employees are literally reduced to a number.
Excellent place to work with talented people
Senior Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 19, 2016
Micron is a very good place with talented people. The management is very open to change and constantly to improve the work environments for its employees. Co-workers balance the need to get the job done with a sense of comradery.
Micron is a great place to work. Work life balance can be tough but up to you and progression is also driven more by you than anyone else.
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 17, 2016
Still a great company in the valley and likely unmatched wrt salary ranges in Boise. Success is less driven by the corporate development efforts and more left to individual drive...if you are driven, you can succeed. Very department specific wrt leadership style and culture....many acquisitions, long time managers and lack of corporate discipline here create the variance...that said, everything is what you make of it.
Pros
Boise, salaries, global
Cons
Vision and story can be nebulous, tough industry cycles, leadership is very variable
Workplace environment
Spares Buyer (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 14, 2016
Upper management is great to work with and they understand the difficulties and complexities that procurement endures on a day to day basis. My co-workers are great and help support me in any way possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from all over the world. I believe we have people from over 35 different countries.
The individual contributors are amazing to work with
Principle Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 14, 2016
The talent within this organization is top notch. Most of the interaction are positive and there is plenty of help to go around should you run into roadblocks.

The management seems to be misdirected often enough to make it difficult to feel secure. In the 2 years I was there we were re-directed to 6 different projects. None of them completed.
Pros
Environment, People, projects
Cons
Management direction and commitment to projects
Management was engaged in the development of their employees
Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 9, 2016
The position was never repetitive and allowed me to work on many different projects at the same time. My direct supervisor did not micro-mange my time which gave me the freedom to utilize my resources and research the issues at hand. The hardest part of the job was organizing meetings between department managers to agree upon process changes. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing the research to find solutions on how to improve process while keeping high quality and low cost.
Pros
Employee appreciation dinners
Cons
Pay did not reflect responsibilities
Productive and Fast Paced
Senior ASIC Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 21, 2016
Learned about designing and testing ASIC's for memory subsystems. Co-workers are awesome. The most enjoyable part of the job was the many different projects you got to work on.
Actual technical tactics not following the target
Sr. Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXOctober 21, 2016
Felt like just ordinary working environment, not good or not bad.
Weak collaboration among members.
The 1st memory company in the past becomes 4th company in the world now.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 14, 2016
Co-workers were professional and great people to work with. Work was challenging. Not much opportunity for promotion within a team. Saw most people change teams in order to advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Micron Technology, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.