Micron Technology, Inc.

Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast paced high tech
MT Trainer (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 25, 2016
fast paced high tech company. offers opportunity to learn new things everyday. global company allows international exposure and experience. diversified workforce.
Pros
work schedule allows home life and work balance
Cons
engineering oriented, not many opportunities for accounting career
Many health and sports benifits on site. Diversified enviornment.
Lead/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 24, 2016
Daily duties included overseeing, training, tracking, visual inspection, testing and packaging on the night shift. I learned many computer applications, product detail and testing product.The hardest part of the job was keeping my team productive when the work flow was slow. This was usually resolved by working closely with other areas to find work they could assist with. I enjoyed both the interaction with co-workers and the problem solving to improve or clarify processes.
Pros
Health club on site.
Cons
Very few promotional opportunities.
very technical and fast-pace.
Burn-In Engineer, Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 23, 2016
- a typical day at work is to handle software programs, which is very technical and intensive.
- I have learnt how to code in order to meet the specification.
- the managers are very understandable and give you the best available resources to get the job done.
- my co-workers are very friendly and helpful in many cases.
- the hardest part of the job is to debug the test program and to optimize yields in production.
- the most enjoyable part is to do software.
Great place to work and advance your career
Firmware Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 21, 2016
I work full time more than a year at Micron.
Great company to work for. You will have a lot of things to learn to move forward your career goal.
Management is good. Sometimes work-life balance can not be achieved but that is a small issue compared with a lot of good things you will get here.
Pros
Great benefit
Cons
Stock went down lately
A Challenging and Good Paying Career
Silicon Signal Integrity Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 15, 2016
The work at this large company depends on the department you work in.
Some departments offer ample opportunities for advancement and some don't. This is very much dependent on the type of work. In the fabrication facilities, career opportunities are abundant. In R&D type of work, the career is more focused on technical skills (as to be expected).
Productive environment with concise job roles
Quality and Reliability Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 10, 2016
Learned to collaborate as well as drive change, as was needed in our group to bring two different Quality organizations into one in a new company. Learning the methods used on the other technologies, questioning and then determining how and what of these to use on NOR Flash was a learning experience.
Pros
concise job description, free tea and coffee, support of growth and appreciation of having in depth skills
Cons
a bit less empowering, less breath of job scope
Productive and fun place to work
Characterization Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 9, 2016
Lived in Boise ID. Both city and place of work very unusual and interesting to work. I liked everything there. Very friendly and nice environment and people
Pros
Very open environment for people who would like to learn
Cons
remote location
productive
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 9, 2016
overall its a great place to work, and everyone is friendly. I would recommend anyone to work there its a great place to work! :)
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 9, 2016
Good place to learn about latest technologies. Technically sound engineers works here. Management is not very clear of the road maps and management styles.
nice company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 2, 2016
I worked at Micron Technology (More than 4 years)
Pros
Great Company
Good Benefits
Great Opportunities to Grow
Innovation
Cons
More participation in stocks
equal benefits for all
Day at work
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 2, 2016
Being on call 24/7 was very stressful and not really rewarding. But when i wasn't being paged on off hours the typical day was pretty good. get into work clean up messes from the previous night talk and work with italian coworkers. Get lunch and then work on projects which included expanding software solutions and making things generally better for everyone.
Pros
Low cost lunches, great benefits
Cons
Off hours required
Excellent work environment with proper work-life balance.
Product Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 1, 2016
I was working with extremely experienced team of professionals. My team members were very helpful and friendly. I was easily able to approach anyone with my all questions and they would clear all my doubts very patiently.

Work hours were flexible. I learned a lot from my team members. I was part of Probe PE team. I analyzed digital/analog simulations of test-modes for pre-silicon validation of the product & documented the results.I also created test vectors for regression testing of test-modes and developed a Perl script to automate the regression testing. I also got an opportunity to perform post-silicon validation of a test-mode on Micron’s testers. I was able to learn a lot of new things due to the support and guidance provided by my team.

I was very pleased with the work environment. With a great working environment and team support as in Micron, it is very easy to achieve your goals.
Process Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 23, 2016
Micron is a big enough company that there is a position for everyone. For the most part they are good to work for but they are big now. It is a different atmosphere.
Great place to work with fun people around
PRODUCT RELIABILITY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 19, 2016
After having an experience of more than 10 years in the industry, i have seen lots of ups and downs and the most important thing this has taught me is to have a positive attitude at all times and never shy away from a challenge. I had the fortune of working with some highly motivated and smart people and am sure that it has made me wiser with time.
I had good rapport with every group i worked in and always learned something new each day.
Company is very innovative and fast paced with cutting edge technology
Engineering Manager (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 18, 2016
Evaluate status of equipment, compare the area priorities to the resources available to me to address each need. Stay on top of each issue ensuring proper resources are in place. observe the techs and engineers performance and ensure they are addressing the daily responsibilities as well as their developmental goals.
I continually learn new solutions to new problems from a technology point of view as well a new skills when working with people.
Management empowers leaders to use individual skills to meet area and department goals. My co-workers are driven to meet area, department, company and personal goals. Having to fire someone is probably the hardest part of the job. Integrating inexperienced new employees into an operational team, identifying their key skills, Then finding specific learning opportunities and mentoring them for success.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Typically understaffed
Can be frustrating with the lack of validation of processes and procedures
Engineering Technition (Former Employee) –  SIG DepartmentAugust 18, 2016
Overall a good place to work.
A typical day was just come in and do your work.
Everyone is open to answer any questions and encouraged to do so.
Management was fair to everyone.
Equipment down time was a bit to high.
The most enjoyable part was learning.
Excellent workplace
Firmware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 15, 2016
Co-workers are technically very competent, helpful, and contribute to a fun work environment. The hardest part of the job is dealing with project cancellations.
Pros
Excellent people
Cons
Project cancellations
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 10, 2016
Learned quite a bit while at Micron. Ariba System and SAP. Great coworkers, hardworking pleasant.
Best part of my job was dealing with the people and vendors, helping them to get what they needed.
Benefits
Cons
Layoffs / reduction in force about every 3 years
Workplace Secure
Quality Auditor/ Trainer/ Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRAugust 7, 2016
The work shift is 12 hours per day. I worked a week three times a day then the other week of four times a day. I was Quality Inspector for ten years in the company.
Great Company
Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 4, 2016
Most days working was pretty eventful due to the position I was in. Some people would have worse problems then others. Plus helped with IT department to accomplish some bigger tasks at hand.

I had learned how to maintain a network environment even down to the physical data center itself. I would activate patch cables, used a Fox and the Hound to trace a patch cable to the data center, change VLANs to different subnets. Also learned to rack and configure servers.

My manager and coworkers were amazing people, nothing but the best ever came from them. I really enjoyed working with them during the time I had spent at Micron.
Pros
events and some free meals

Micron Technology, Inc. Reviews by Location