Micron Technology, Inc.

Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work with fun people around
PRODUCT RELIABILITY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 19, 2016
After having an experience of more than 10 years in the industry, i have seen lots of ups and downs and the most important thing this has taught me is to have a positive attitude at all times and never shy away from a challenge. I had the fortune of working with some highly motivated and smart people and am sure that it has made me wiser with time.
I had good rapport with every group i worked in and always learned something new each day.
Company is very innovative and fast paced with cutting edge technology
Engineering Manager (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 18, 2016
Evaluate status of equipment, compare the area priorities to the resources available to me to address each need. Stay on top of each issue ensuring proper resources are in place. observe the techs and engineers performance and ensure they are addressing the daily responsibilities as well as their developmental goals.
I continually learn new solutions to new problems from a technology point of view as well a new skills when working with people.
Management empowers leaders to use individual skills to meet area and department goals. My co-workers are driven to meet area, department, company and personal goals. Having to fire someone is probably the hardest part of the job. Integrating inexperienced new employees into an operational team, identifying their key skills, Then finding specific learning opportunities and mentoring them for success.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Typically understaffed
Can be frustrating with the lack of validation of processes and procedures
Engineering Technition (Former Employee) –  SIG DepartmentAugust 18, 2016
Overall a good place to work.
A typical day was just come in and do your work.
Everyone is open to answer any questions and encouraged to do so.
Management was fair to everyone.
Equipment down time was a bit to high.
The most enjoyable part was learning.
Excellent workplace
Firmware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 15, 2016
Co-workers are technically very competent, helpful, and contribute to a fun work environment. The hardest part of the job is dealing with project cancellations.
Pros
Excellent people
Cons
Project cancellations
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 10, 2016
Learned quite a bit while at Micron. Ariba System and SAP. Great coworkers, hardworking pleasant.
Best part of my job was dealing with the people and vendors, helping them to get what they needed.
Benefits
Cons
Layoffs / reduction in force about every 3 years
Workplace Secure
Quality Auditor/ Trainer/ Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRAugust 7, 2016
The work shift is 12 hours per day. I worked a week three times a day then the other week of four times a day. I was Quality Inspector for ten years in the company.
Great Company
Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 4, 2016
Most days working was pretty eventful due to the position I was in. Some people would have worse problems then others. Plus helped with IT department to accomplish some bigger tasks at hand.

I had learned how to maintain a network environment even down to the physical data center itself. I would activate patch cables, used a Fox and the Hound to trace a patch cable to the data center, change VLANs to different subnets. Also learned to rack and configure servers.

My manager and coworkers were amazing people, nothing but the best ever came from them. I really enjoyed working with them during the time I had spent at Micron.
Pros
events and some free meals
ok place to work
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 3, 2016
Micron is a nice diverse place to work but growth and advancements seems to be rare. the most enjoyable part of work to to have to interact with different people from different places
Pros
scheduling, diversity
Cons
Management has issues with been honest
Not easy to advance through company
Fab Bench Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 31, 2016
Not very much advancement opportunities available for newer employees. When then more experienced techs wouldn't advance they would force them to move to another department.
They treat you like slave labor.
Equipment Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 30, 2016
They don't give out raises, add responsibilities (you basically do the work of 2 or 3 people), they make it hard for you to advance, they lie to you to try to keep you. and morale is horrible. I would suggest you work for a different company if you want to be in the semiconductor field.
Pros
The relationships you build with co-workers.
Cons
Pretty much everything at Micron. Poor managment, how they treat you, and many other things.
Just OK
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 27, 2016
Meh. Can't really say good things about it. People were friendly enough I guess. The pay at the time was very poor.
Great work culture and interesting work
Senior Verification Engineer (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJuly 25, 2016
Great place, work life balance is great.
Co-workers are amazing and helpful. Nice growth.

Management should take good decisions or needs to change.
Good work life fexibility
RDA Module Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 25, 2016
Good work life flexibility.
Training is mostly on self-learn web based
Management is not open. No motivations. Changes direction often
Co-workers are nice and helpful
Hardest part of the job is dealing with laid off every 3 years, low manpower to continue the work. Reluctant to change
Most enjoyable part is the teamwork with co-worker
Pros
Good work life flexibility
Cons
Direction from management changes often
Production driven environment
Process Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 22, 2016
Semiconductor industry is a cyclical industrial with may ups and downs. The downs trends have tendency to eliminate the weaker players. From the peak to now there were 40-50 memory chip makers now we are down to about 4. There not much more to cut and the future of manufacturing in the US will be difficult.
Pros
Good benefits - dental and eye care
Cons
difficult business - 24x7 environment
Good company to have work and life balance
ASIC DFT Architect (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJuly 16, 2016
It is a big company, which can have work and life balance.
The work pace is slow and there is a lot of meetings everday.
Decent place to work at if you like a good work/life balance
DRAM Mobile Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IdahoJuly 13, 2016
Good pay
Nice work/life balance
Pretty good insurance and heath coverage rates
Co-workers are great to work with
Learned team leading skills
A place where you look forward to go
Operator (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 7, 2016
The Micron culture of work ethic is amazing . For example the people you get to work with in your team are focused on quality and fast execution of the product. As far as human relations go there has been something very special about the workers at Micron. Everyone is positive and always looking to help each other out. The supervisors most of the time go to bat for their team members.

Once you get rolled over you get great medical and you get 401k. In relation to other entry level jobs in the Treasure Valley Micron is overall competitive.
Pros
Triple pay on holidays for Micron employees, Free Holiday Meals
Cons
shift work meaning 12 hours days or nights
Great position in a not so great time.
Production Engineer Planner (Current Employee) –  Boise IDJuly 5, 2016
The work at Micron is wonderful, I enjoy what I do and the experience I am gaining. I yearn for more responsibility, however. Micron seems to have every intention of keeping me, but unfortunately I have grown restless.
Pros
Great health benefits, incentive pay, and on site gym.
Cons
Work Life Balance, cyclical job industry
To obtain a full time job that will help me develop as well as achieve my personal goals by enriching my skills and knowledge and by extension help in
Electronic Technician I (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRJuly 2, 2016
— Conducts variety of electronic and electromechanical test on electronic systems, maintains and repair electronic equipment, calibrates test equipment or instruments according to specifications, interpreting wiring diagrams, and performs electrical test , perform debug and failure analysis on electronics modules, in test department. Support and upgrade of production automation test and process equipment, minimize equipment downtime. Executes special engineering projects, works with engineering in testing of prototype runs. Executes in compliance with all company policies, procedures as well as safety guidelines.
Micron
I head the Data Migration effort (Current Employee) –  Boise IdahoJune 14, 2016
I am currently a contractor at Micron and have been treated very well. I have found many opportunities for advancement. The workplace culture, however, leaves something to be desired.

Micron Technology, Inc. Reviews by Location