Micron Technology, Inc.

Micron Technology, Inc. Employee Reviews

Production driven environment
Process Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 22, 2016
Semiconductor industry is a cyclical industrial with may ups and downs. The downs trends have tendency to eliminate the weaker players. From the peak to now there were 40-50 memory chip makers now we are down to about 4. There not much more to cut and the future of manufacturing in the US will be difficult.
Pros
Good benefits - dental and eye care
Cons
difficult business - 24x7 environment
Good company to have work and life balance
ASIC DFT Architect (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJuly 16, 2016
It is a big company, which can have work and life balance.
The work pace is slow and there is a lot of meetings everday.
Decent place to work at if you like a good work/life balance
DRAM Mobile Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IdahoJuly 13, 2016
Good pay
Nice work/life balance
Pretty good insurance and heath coverage rates
Co-workers are great to work with
Learned team leading skills
A place where you look forward to go
Operator (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 7, 2016
The Micron culture of work ethic is amazing . For example the people you get to work with in your team are focused on quality and fast execution of the product. As far as human relations go there has been something very special about the workers at Micron. Everyone is positive and always looking to help each other out. The supervisors most of the time go to bat for their team members.

Once you get rolled over you get great medical and you get 401k. In relation to other entry level jobs in the Treasure Valley Micron is overall competitive.
Pros
Triple pay on holidays for Micron employees, Free Holiday Meals
Cons
shift work meaning 12 hours days or nights
Great position in a not so great time.
Production Engineer Planner (Current Employee) –  Boise IDJuly 5, 2016
The work at Micron is wonderful, I enjoy what I do and the experience I am gaining. I yearn for more responsibility, however. Micron seems to have every intention of keeping me, but unfortunately I have grown restless.
Pros
Great health benefits, incentive pay, and on site gym.
Cons
Work Life Balance, cyclical job industry
To obtain a full time job that will help me develop as well as achieve my personal goals by enriching my skills and knowledge and by extension help in
Electronic Technician I (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRJuly 2, 2016
— Conducts variety of electronic and electromechanical test on electronic systems, maintains and repair electronic equipment, calibrates test equipment or instruments according to specifications, interpreting wiring diagrams, and performs electrical test , perform debug and failure analysis on electronics modules, in test department. Support and upgrade of production automation test and process equipment, minimize equipment downtime. Executes special engineering projects, works with engineering in testing of prototype runs. Executes in compliance with all company policies, procedures as well as safety guidelines.
Micron
I head the Data Migration effort (Current Employee) –  Boise IdahoJune 14, 2016
I am currently a contractor at Micron and have been treated very well. I have found many opportunities for advancement. The workplace culture, however, leaves something to be desired.
Great work experience
Production Supervisor/ Lead / Trainer / Operator (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRJune 12, 2016
Started as production operator and had the opportunity to build up, learn new skills which allowed me to be promoted to trainer. As production trainer I developed many training tools, reports, procedures to help distribute updated information to comply with our clients needs. Later as production lead I had the chance to manage a shift production team working directly with daily goals while following established procedures. Last position as Production Supervisor allowed me to experience at first hand both, the responsibility for an entire shift's performance and goals and also the great feeling of building a team that felt appreciated for their job while making real connection with the team members that last to this day even though the company closed on our country. In other words, it was a journey which sadly ended but it contributed greatly to my growth as a professional and human being.
Focus on growth
Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 25, 2016
Micron is trying to grow furiously and get out of the commodity semi market by moving up the value chain in increasing margins. They've been trying to do this for a long time now. I can't understand why they haven't succeeded yet.
Efficiency mindset culture
Finished Goods Lead - Trainer (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRMay 20, 2016
Team members were encourage to have an efficiency mindset culture. This mindset culture, helped the company to achieve short and long term goals.
Pros
6 S culture
Not recommended.
Mechanical Hardware Design Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAMay 16, 2016
Management attitude to not trust employees. Pay is not good. Management does not care about the employees. I am typing to get the 20 word minimum.
Nice place to work in
Associate Operator 2 (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 15, 2016
Nice place to work, but I need to work using my degree. My chances to grow with Micron it is really low, That is why I need to leave Micron
Best Job I ever had
Facility Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 13, 2016
I loved this job. Everyone worked together. I learned different systems and equipment. Management was knowledgeable and would work along side you to get the job done.
Great place to work. Highly educated employees with great innervation.
Data Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 3, 2016
Great place to work. Highly educated employees with great innervation.
Day to day challenges that keep you abreast of industries performance.
Pros
Daily challengers
Cons
Market volatile
Consistently busy workplace
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 30, 2016
Typical day at work is gowning up to a cleanroom environment and monitoring tools and wafer production. I quickly learned that every day is not the same and that developing strong troubleshooting skills is a must to determine root causes. This industry is a constantly fluctuating field, as such, being able to overcome changing work hours and management is a must. Co-workers are easy to get along with and I certainly feel like part of a team. The hardest part of the job is (arguably) working night shift, however, this may be the most enjoyable part of the job as it allows for less interruption during the work day.
Pros
Occasional company events, overtime pay (from what I've heard), plenty of paid time-off
Cons
Permanent shift hours, "safety" culture, disconnects between shifts and management
Micron Review
Principal Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 25, 2016
Great job. Lots of time off. Pay is low. Only worked half the year and had tons of vacation. As a technician your skills aren't challenged enough.
Pros
time off
Cons
wage
Poor Management
Facility Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 20, 2016
Benefits are great but management is not the best. They hire managers with no previous supervisory experience and do not know how to train them. Therefore, the employee suffers for it.
Pros
Benefits are good.
Cons
Very poor management.
Horrible, horrible, horrible. On a good day.
Tech writer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 15, 2016
If you love being bullied to think you'll never amount to anything anywhere other than Micron, mandatory overtime with no compensation for it, managers staring at your badge in/out reports instead of the quality of your work, supporting a product line sure to be outmoded any day, wondering about a leveraged buyout from Samsung or some other competitor, and your CEO making racist jokes in front of a very diverse audience, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Good PTO policy
Cons
Too many to list, just stay away
Great place to work, great coworkers and great work environment
Engineering Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 26, 2016
This company has it together, they try to take care of their employees with the benefits package and the perks. The work I performed was fast-paced at times and you always had work to keep busy. The management and co-workers were very friendly and helpful. I left to work on aircraft or I would still be there.
Pros
Cafeteria on site, friendly and helpful Management and coworkers, benefit package
Cons
Cost of living in Manassass is high - could not afford to live there, had to commute
Sr. Web/UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 23, 2016
looking a head to work in an organisation where i can get ampel oppurtunity to learn and grow and work for the organisation growth.