Micron Technology, Inc.

Micron Technology, Inc. Employer Reviews

I like Micron's traing and continued education programs.
Manufacture Technician (Former Employee), Manassas, VAAugust 14, 2013
Pros: micron has awesome benefits, great computer based training for all departments, and i enjoy the 12 hour shifts, with 3 to 4 days off a week.
Cons: motivate through negative and stress
I feel over all it's a ok place to work, but I feel like they encourage a corporal punishment. When I was there Management rarely used positive reinforcement. However, once ever two weeks the have a supervisor "one on one" telling you to try harder and do better. Even if you had been exceeding expectations from the previous weeks. One day a I got a – more... R&R (recognition and positive review) that same day the other manager had me in his office telling me my performance was lacking. So , I feel they can improve and be more productive with positive reinforcement. However, the management is trained and expected to limit positive reinforcement. – less
Micron Technology
Executive Administrative to President/VPs (Former Employee), Fremont, CAAugust 12, 2013
Overall, a great place to work. People are friendly. Infrastructure is clearly defined. Usual day would include calendaring, expense reports, travel, and other long term projects.
Very friendly and courteous work force.
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER - MICRON TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORAugust 12, 2013
Micron is trying to evolve into a systems company rather than a producer of DRAMs, flash, SSDs (ie from a component supplier).

Culture is very inbred and they are trying to get out of that after the untimely demise of their previous CEO in 2012.
Good company
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Boise, IDJuly 20, 2013
Pros: good pay good advancement opportunities
Cons: rotating shifts and industry is cyclical
Good company to work for good pay and advancement opportunities. Rotating shifts for Technicians was less than desirable and industry is cyclical which results in layoffs unfortunately.
Micron is a good company to work for. It has good benefits and the atmosphere is professional.
Senior Technician (Former Employee), Manassas, VAJuly 3, 2013
a typical work day is 12 hr long shifts; 3 days on, 4 days off and 4 days on and 3 days off. the company runs production 24/7. working in the production area, you work in a cleanroom environment.
I learned about how complex it is to make a memory chip.
the people are good to work with; there are the exceptions to the rule but mostly the people are good – more... to work with.
management has a vision of where they want to take the company.
the hardest part of the job could be the 12 hr shifts and/or shift work as in working nights.
the enjoyable part of the job was being exposed to all the knowledge of what is necessary to make a memory and working with the technology and processes. – less
good place
employee (Former Employee), Manassas, VAJune 19, 2013
I really enjoyed my overseas work experience in the US .Micron in VA is a great place for work,maybe not for basic positions
Great Place to Work With
CMP Intern (Former Employee), Manassas, VAMay 22, 2013
A fantastic fabrication work experience with the state-of-the-art technology.
Life on the Job
Production Specialist (Former Employee), Nampa IdahoMay 15, 2013
Pros: clean environment
Cons: too many hoops to pass through
In the beginning it was a work house. I started as a temp-to-hire, that was brushed under the rug for a period of time. I watched people off the street becoming full time as they entered the door. I after an extended period of time became a full time worker, missing the big bonus as I was not qualified for it due to a 90 day grace period. Just the beginning – more... . I did learn that running computer aided machines is not the easiest thing in the world...they all have a mind of their own. My co-workers were great as long as you didn't do half of their work and then have to do all of your own. The hardest part of the job would have either been the 12 hour shifts or the machine malfunctioning . The most enjoyable part of the job was quitting time. – less
Fun
Corporate Planner (Former Employee), Boise, IDApril 22, 2013
Direction was clear. Great benefits, fun environment. Great company
Productive and great workplace.
Senior Technician / Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Boise IdahoApril 14, 2013
Cons: unstable job history.
Great company to work for. Co-workers fun to work with.
Fun working with production.
Don't do it.
Support (Former Employee), Manassas, Va.April 6, 2013
Pros: a regular paycheck
Cons: political games were played, biggest bonuses were given to people most liked by management, high stress environment.
I know at first glance, the temptation of a regular paycheck at high pay looks good, but it's not worth it. I would honestly pick up aluminum cans for a living before I ever go back here. I may sound like a bitter ex-employee, but I just want to let you know before you make the same mistake I made. I wasn't fired or forced out. I chose to leave for – more... a less stressful environment for more pay. Yes, those kind of jobs are still out there. – less
Semiconductor Company
Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Manassas, VAMarch 30, 2013
Equipment Technician in a high tech cleanroom facility. Utiliized SPC, troubleshooting and Six Sigma.
growing into a strong global company
Buyer (Current Employee), Manassas, VAMarch 24, 2013
Pros: growing company, great benefits
Cons: constant change
current emphasis in on global strategies. As a result the turn-over in site Management is frequent as the good one's move into Global positions. You have to be able to conform to change.
Wide swings in business cycles make for an interesting environment
Operator II (Current Employee), Boise, IDMarch 23, 2013
Pros: cutting edge technology, and bonuses in profitable times.
Employees experience will vary depending on where they work. There are long work days for some. They will enjoy one or two extra days off. But they also will need to work overtime to have a decent income. Others enjoy fast paced cutting edge technology as the semiconductor industry is at the forefront of advances.
The 9 yrs I was there, I and all others were treated like family
Office Manager (Former Employee), Michigan City, INMarch 15, 2013
Pros: advancements were always available, pay increased regulary
Cons: the owner of company passed away, shortly after i left
Very busy job, everyday as a different but good day. I was office manager there, and also did all intake of orders (sales), quotes, invoicing, receiveables, purchasing, all banking and maintaining employee files.
Great place to play with new innovative products
Senior Equipment Design Engineer (Former Employee), Boise, IDMarch 15, 2013
Great place to play with new innovative products; exciting new co-workers that matured into long-term personal friendships
Good company
Engineering Technician III (Former Employee), Boise, IDMarch 11, 2013
Joined Micron in 2006 found the Engineering team to be highly skilled. Daily activities were changing and rewarding
Commodity Pressure
Manufacturing Integration Engineer (Former Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: boise is a nice town
Cons: constant pressure and volitile job security
Work life balance not in the vocabulary. What have you done for me lately mentality.
Great place to start your career
n/a (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: badging in and out
The culture at Micron is very slow pace and the badging in and out brings the moral down.
Fabrication/Systems Integration (Former Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 25, 2013
To do well you have to accept and be part of the culture, and work hard and be willing to learn

About Micron Technology, Inc.

Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, – Read more

Micron Technology, Inc. Photos