MICROS Retail Employee Reviews

Waste of time
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 9, 2016
I worked at MicrosRetail/Oracle for 10 Months. There is no room for advancement because you are a tempt this company does no direct hiring there are people that have been waiting between 2-4 years just to be hired and not trained properly so have no opportunity to advance. Training is a ton load of paper a brief explanation and brief shadowing. I would recommend this place to someone that just wants to work if you care about your career in the IT field keep looking because your stuck and the level 2 and CS positions are a joke there is very very minimal It work this is a customer service job and that is it
Dynamic environment with an established industry leader
Team member (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJanuary 20, 2014
The position of the company is solid in the retail technology sector.

Retail corporate customers consistently expressed frustration and disappointment with Micros' executives over-promising and under-delivering. As a result, teams were consistently driven to deliver quickly, often sacrificing quality.

Every company has its challenges, just know that this one involves a lot of client "crisis" situations involving overtime and stressful meetings -- which could have been prevented if more time/budget were slated for proper SDLC processes and QA in a distributed environment.
Pros
global firm, brand name clients, fun colleagues
A very calm quite environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 17, 2012
A typical work day involved answering distress calls from retailers concerning their retail systems and troubleshooting the issues.
I learned how the retail systems worked. Management was available for support throughout the workday.
My co-workers were very knowledgeable and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was getting use to working 2nd shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people in a time of crisis.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
only seasonal.
Typical Day At Work
Support Center Analyst (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJApril 2, 2013
A typical day at work includes answering telephones and emails. One of the most enjoyable parts of my job is solving a customers problem and/or helping them reach the person/department that can do that. Many times I have dealt with stressed customers and helping them find a resolution was one of the most rewarding moments at my job.
Point of Sale Systems
Level 1 Technician (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMarch 5, 2013
Call center atmosphere. Answered multiple line system. Helped callers with software and hardware problems with point of sale systems.