Micros Employee Reviews

Productivity is the key
Implementation Specialist/Upgrade Installer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 20, 2017
Why working at MICROS i got to see the behind the scenes effort of how the software was installed and the caliber of people that kept the sites using MICROS technology up and running successfully
Mistreatment of employees
Systems Implementation Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 2, 2017
For a company with such fantastic products and so many talented individuals, the culture while I was there was marked by burnout, frustration, poor communication, and lack of concern for employees. Severely underpaid, too.
Awful
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2017
Micros was bought out by Oracle in 2014 and once that happen nothing was the same. The work was given to outside consulting company's and the employee's where left with no work and then layoffs began,
Productive day at Micros
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 26, 2017
A typical day, we would receive our calls on our Iphone or Android phone to see what calls or assignment was given to us.we would call the customer within 30 minutes after getting the call , seeing what the problem is and ran the call the same business day. We all carried our parts with us and was responsible for keeping with our stock , and coordinating with the service dept. manager .(We was acquired by Oracle ) and had to adjust to there way of business.
Pros
We all work as group together daily keeping up with the companies events and job in person
system help desk
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 23, 2017
Answered phone in a busy help desk environment. I gave customer support for large restaurant chains and family run restaurants. Was constantly was at the top for closed cases.
Micros Owned By Oracle Now
Sales Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 17, 2017
Micros was a decent place to work, but is now owned and enveloped by the Oracle Brand. You really would need to look at more Oracle reviews if you're going to be working in the building that was formerly known as Micros
Fun workplace
Programmer /P.O.S. Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2017
Wonderful company to work for, with great benefits and compensation packages. staff are professionals with good attitude, management cares about the overall comfort of staff.
Great company
Corporate Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHApril 26, 2017
Micros was a great company. If you did your job and did it well, job advancement was a certainty. We always had more than enough work to do, and our jobs always felt secure. Then Oracle took over...
Great enviorinment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 20, 2017
Micros is a growing company, and it was perfect for growth. The company continued to change. My experience with Micros left a positive impact, and it also helped to propel me to the next level.
Pros
Great enviornment.
Cons
Limited benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 13, 2017
Working at Oracle is a place where one have a great opportunity to learn and grow. From the time I start to work until the time I finish there is never a dull moment there at work.
N/a
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 29, 2016
The perfect job if you're looking to travel. Management has changed and I understand things are better. Salary is ok. The travel aspect is great...plenty of fringe benefits.
Compensation didn't meet the job requirements
System Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PANovember 10, 2016
The job required working 24/7 with no over time pay for working on weekends or through the evening hours. It may be different work experience since corporate took over the office.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Overtime work with no compensation
cubicles are what i remember most
helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 9, 2016
It was as described. Nothing noteworthy of making the work experience fun. Training needed a huge revamp. Their was a clear separation of departments which made employees feel isolated.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
company culture
Flexibility in work scheduled
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 1, 2016
Work with a great team and manager. Learned a lot in reference to managing large teams in finance / accounting. Periodically sent for refreshing skills needed to perform work functions.
A great job to get your feet in the door, little room for growth
Lead Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 10, 2015
This has been a wonderful first job but, incentives and raises are very stagnant. I will be forever grateful to this organization, and the growth opportunities it has afforded me.
Pros
Lots of travel
Cons
Too much travel, zero raises
Manager
manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 1, 2015
.The company gave rises on a timely basses ,flexible hours, a equib you with all the training you need and send you to good temp jobs.The most enjoyable part of the job was being apart of a team.
This has already been done
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  CT & CAOctober 12, 2015
I have already made this review because I worked at 2 different offices during my 4 years with the company. The hardest art was working 60-70 hours a week and not being compensated in any way for all the hard work.
Great Company to work for
Credit/Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 5, 2015
My work day was extremely challenging and interesting. International House of Pancakes was one of my most challenging major accounts, although; my portfolio included various other accounts including all lease accounts. Over the years, I created an outstanding relationship with all my customers.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Aquired by Oracle and the integration has had many challenges
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 19, 2015
Current company is very disorganized. Oracle purchased MICROS in October of 2014. The Operational Integration that took place on April 1, 2015, has had nothing but issues. The employee morale is currently very low.
Pros
Break room with free beverages
Cons
The Oracle Operational Integration has proven to have many issues.
questionable
Lead Implementation Specialist US Market (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 1, 2015
We could have had a better work environment, but overall a good place to work. It is good for traveling and see the United States.
Pros
Travel
Cons
no advancement