Micros Employee Reviews in United States

A great job to get your feet in the door, little room for growth
Lead Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 10, 2015
This has been a wonderful first job but, incentives and raises are very stagnant. I will be forever grateful to this organization, and the growth opportunities it has afforded me.
Pros
Lots of travel
Cons
Too much travel, zero raises
Great Company to work for
Credit/Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 5, 2015
My work day was extremely challenging and interesting. International House of Pancakes was one of my most challenging major accounts, although; my portfolio included various other accounts including all lease accounts. Over the years, I created an outstanding relationship with all my customers.
Pros
Great Benefits
A Typical Day at Micros/Fidelios
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDFebruary 16, 2015
Micros was a company that requires 24 customer service due to the nature of the client needs and service industry.
Handling key issues and requests efficiently are the most critical components of meeting client needs and requests.

The key to an implementation is communicating with the client throughout the design and installation process of our Point Of Sale system. The communication provides client and Micros with ability to implement updates and configuration changes efficiently prior to completing the install.

Co-workers were always helpful even if they were involved in a project or under a deadline.

Hardest part of job was working on network issues with central office while onsite for a Point Of Sale install.
Pros
benefits, training
Fast Pace
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 16, 2014
Fast paced environment. Steep learning curve. They have a good learning program. It's outline for your first 12 months at MICROS. Management tries to show they are caring but most employees perceive this as a front.

Co-workers keep to themselves and they don't help trainees advance. Even if it's a training requirement and they went through the same training when they were new.

MICROS Point of Sale systems are very expensive and not all your restaurants can afford it. That limits your sales opportunity.
Pros
good benefits. good training. some autonomy
Cons
steep learning curve. co-workers don't help much. micros systems are very expensive
Nothing more than a source of income
Senior Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJanuary 1, 2013
The worst company by far that I've ever worked for. No respect for their employees, poor benefits, total failure to provide training or the tools necessary to do your job. Micromanagement that borders on babysitting. No flexibility with office hours, expected to be at your desk from 8:30 to 5 regardless of how many hours you have to put in at night or on weekends. Worked for an implementation manager that had no technical aptitude and no previous experience managing people, apparently got the job through connections with a corporate VP. The entire office, and especially the implementation department was a revolving door. Talented employees quickly move on, weak employees hang around forever. Salary ranges are so low they attract only people looking to stop waiting tables.
Pros
income if you have no other options
Cons
pretty much everything
some great employees, mediocre management
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 3, 2014
lots of customer interaction. technical troubleshooting.
Learned to work on proprietary software.
Learned better work ethic but also not to question management decisions.
Management tended to never resolve issues with the behavior of some employees, especially in the area of rudeness and sexual harassment.
Hardest part was executing bad management choices. Dealing with a DO- DON'T THINK attitude.
The best part was fixing customer's problems and being appreciated
Cons
bad raises--if any
Great product, great company...
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Southern Indiana and Louisville Ky.November 29, 2012
When I started at MICROS the management team was very strong and supportive. Many have been promoted out of our area with some positions not replaced. Many confusing situations have occurred with the team. Territories were split when sales goals were met or exceeded. We have had two new sales executives join the company and leave the company since January.
My comfort level is very low which is leading me to explore other opportunities.
Pros
product is fantastic, compensation is adequate and benefits are great.
Typical day at work
IT Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 1, 2013
Log into your station before your time is in. Sit at your desk, in your cubicle by yourself or with a co worker. Remote into workstations or servers and fix they interfaces or installed opera or and can do a print task assignment. Then you clock out and leave make sure you log off from your phone connection.
Pros
great pay, great customer service, great health care benefits
Cons
micro management terrible, no discounts, and hard to advance
A fantastic company
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 22, 2014
MICROS is a wonderful company with wonderful people! The benefits are good, the management is very supportive, and there is alot of flexibility in setting up your day.
Pros
good company, wonderful product with good service from each district office
Cons
very technical product, salespeople do well if they have restaruant management or ownership experience
Manager
manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 1, 2015
.The company gave rises on a timely basses ,flexible hours, a equib you with all the training you need and send you to good temp jobs.The most enjoyable part of the job was being apart of a team.
Good company
E-Business Implementation Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 28, 2013
Compensation is not competitive with the industry. Good company to work for if fresh out of college, but not for mid level professionals
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
compensation
Great implementation experience and project management opportunity
IT Product Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 8, 2012
A typical day at work for me at Micros was managing and coordinating multiple projects and accounts simultaneously. Much of my day consisted of planning, scheduling, and reporting of current accounts and client installations that were approaching deadlines or currently being performed.

The environment was fast-paced complete with aggressive deadlines and could be somewhat chaotic.

Problem-solving skills and a collaborative attitude was a must!

The hardest part of the job was the company culture of fear-based management and low compensation despite superior performance and consistently hitting targeted company objectives.

Thus, I focused on my work and my customers.

I found a way to achieve enjoyment through my work responsibilities. I hammered out my assignments and installation campaigns, happily supervised and monitored my projects and accounts and took great pleasure in building my business relationships while providing excellent customer service.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the project management aspect of my responsibilities and being able to successfully manage and coordinate accounts and client installations ensuring collaborative work with various teams, departments, and my customers.
Pros
programming and implementation experience, customer-facing interactions, on-site meetings, working in co
Cons
fear culture, low pay
This has already been done
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  CT & CAOctober 12, 2015
I have already made this review because I worked at 2 different offices during my 4 years with the company. The hardest art was working 60-70 hours a week and not being compensated in any way for all the hard work.
Nice team
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 28, 2013
Good place to work. Great deal of travel but sales are high pressure and a lot of cold calling. Travel in bad weather encouraged. Good benefits though
Very nice people to work with
NOC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 19, 2014
worked nightshift...follow the schedule and do your job. monitoring all servers, creating priority tickets, doing maintenance/upgrades and adding new employees to active directory are just a few of the duties I performed. Updating SOP's as needed. Waking up on-call team members for problem solution was always fun. Members on my team were great to work with. It takes a select group of people to work 3rd shift. We are a different breed. In the end, a family is created. That made working much more enjoyable.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
lack of advancement
Aquired by Oracle and the integration has had many challenges
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 19, 2015
Current company is very disorganized. Oracle purchased MICROS in October of 2014. The Operational Integration that took place on April 1, 2015, has had nothing but issues. The employee morale is currently very low.
Pros
Break room with free beverages
Cons
The Oracle Operational Integration has proven to have many issues.
Tough But Rewarding
Customer Support Analyst, Tier (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 2, 2015
The people I work with are great, and my managers are easy to get along with. Like all customer service jobs, the toughest part is communicating with customers who don't always show appreciation for our assistance, however the ones that do almost always make the rest of the day little bit better. I've learned a lot at this job, and it's great because the software I support is always being upgraded or changed in some way, so there is always something new to learn.
questionable
Lead Implementation Specialist US Market (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 1, 2015
We could have had a better work environment, but overall a good place to work. It is good for traveling and see the United States.
Pros
Travel
Cons
no advancement
Great place to work after Graduation
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia MDJuly 3, 2014
There was no typical day at work, working for Micros I traveled all around the country working for major clients, setting up Point of Sale systems, setting up networks, hardware such as printers, credit card terminals, and much more. I learned how to deal with clients face to face and deal with problems as the occurred on the spot. Management was ok but not very active and did not respond fast to request when you were on the road. My co-workers were great they were always there to help when you needed it. The hardest part of the job was you were always in a different city so nothing was ever the same. You also did not have control over everything as there was sub contractors that would come in to do such things as installing the cabling which was not always set up correctly so it caused many problems. The best part of the job was the traveling and interacting with many people.
Pros
travling all around the country
Cons
on the road 28 days out of the month
Great place to gain experience
Technology Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 10, 2013
MICROS is a place where a person with great drive and independence can succeed. Because there is not a lot of formal training, in order to learn products, employees must be extremely motivated. For someone fresh out of college, it is a great place to gain technical experience, knowledge about modern technology, travel the country, and meet peers.
The hardest part of the job is a lack of communication between departments, which results in frustration and miscommunication to the customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a chance to travel the country on different projects, meet and work with fellow graduates, interact closely with customers, and gain technical and presentation skills.
Pros
opportunities to travel
Cons
poor management, limited training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Micros. Our community is ready to answer.