Microsoft

1.3K reviews

Microsoft Employee Reviews

Microsoft
Administrative / Clerical (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 26, 2015
I was contracted with Office Team, Inc and prepared a variety of documents including multiple-page letters, envelopes, memos and reports; worked in faxing / duplication services; general clerical duties; coordinated and managed multiple priorities and tasks; assistant office administrator.
Developer (Current Employee), bellevue waAugust 26, 2015
Good place to work with all facilities.

Fun work place and good scope for tech growth.

Good place to work with all facilities.

Fun work place and good scope for tech growth.
Good work environment
Imagery Operator (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 26, 2015
For the short time I worked at Microsoft on contract it was a very good job. Fun atmosphere, inclusive environment, and very helpful and friendly leadership.
Creative, Productive workplace with pool table
Group Business Administrator/ HR Recruiter (Former Employee), Issaquah WAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Flexible enviornment to work
Cons: No Healthcare
I had a great time working for Microsoft in these three months. I was working as a Business Administrator( contractor) and my experience was very enriching. Learned many technologies and MS tools which will give me a platform to explore my knowledge for further job opportunities.
Great Environment
U.S/Canada Health Account Manager (Current Employee), Fargo, NDAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Work friendly environment, Working at my own pace
Cons: Lack of proper training
Worked with a bunch of great people. Enjoyed working along side with every individual in my field. Love the 1 on 1 conversations I had with my customers. Enjoyed working at my own pace.
Great employer
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Free drinks, great talent
Cons: FTE path from contractor difficult
I always felt appreciated, safe and productive. Great, expansive campus, challenging work.

Very hands off management - results were the key.

Hardest part of the job was the culture between vendors and FTEs.

The campus is a AMAZING thing.
Strong management with clear direction.
Product Support Team Manager (Former Employee), Dallas TexasAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Hard work/life balance
Great flexibility for lateral movement. I was able to live up to my potential. There is a strong sense of community within the teams.
Learning and Growing in your Position
Services Advisor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Flexible workflow management, educational resources
Cons: Retail environment, not satisfactory as a long term posittion
Having the pleasure of including a name as powerful as Microsoft in your resume is an absolute pleasure and honor. Having learned a lot, and maintaining your learning ability in this position, even though it's within a retail environment, has contributed miles into furthering my knowledge in technical aspects and more importantly in communication skills, whether it's in working individually and as part of a group, and in interfacing with customers with a very diverse collection of backgrounds.

Management has been absolutely cooperative in guiding myself towards furthering my career goals beyond imagination and creating all of that under a tangible goal that doesn't stop at a glass ceiling, with powerful resources at any employee's disposal, especially within Microsoft related products.

The hardest part of my current job is when facing a customer with a major issue that needs to be resolved within a very short timeframe, especially when it involves critical data that must be retrieved back, lost wither it's due to user error or just pure circumstance, but all of that is countered with thankfulness and gratitude from a relieved person who is back in business after a clear identification and hopeful resolution of the issues faced to begin with.
Was a good job great place but work life balance can be poor for engineers
Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Great tools, huge budgets, can do many things not possible elesewhere
Cons: Contractors are treated as pond scum. Not this way in every group. Ask many questions first.
Worked as a mechanical engineer on fun new products. In the Studios. Not everyday do you get to work on a product with volumes of 20-40 million per year. Cool.
Great food options and facilities. Benefits for full timers look solid.
I like the CEO. Would go back to work here. Was contract. Got paid for my overtime. Full timers put in huge overtime - beware!!
Great coworkers and fun environment
Service Advisor (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: The coworkers and self development.
Cons: Politics and work/life balance.
The coworkers are the best and keep you wanting to come to work everyday. The environment is up beat and fast paced. Be prepared to work 50+ hours week. Not always a bad thing unless your going to school. The companies politics are a little out of hand but it is a huge company to say the least. The division was growing a little too fast for its own good and is falling apart. The strength that bound the quality of people together is no longer there and felt like a difference place completely. Great place to work for though and hopefully it comes back together soon.
Great experience working for an industry leader.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Microsoft as a company takes special effort to reward and recognize team members.
Cons: Location was very hot with large amounts of glare due to glass roof.
A typical day involved inventory management, product knowledge training, and employee development. My day also involved customer service management including Answer Desk support for devices and software issues, product exchanged, and development of business leads for local schools, business and local government.
Change you can believe in
Principal SWE Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 18, 2015
Under the new leadership, Microsoft is evolving and growing once again. It was slumbering giant under past leadership, but it has awoken with new vigor.
Great if it is your first job and you have no life
Software Development Engineer for "CXE" (Current Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: ambiguous expectations and terrible work-life balance
Old software company set in their ways and having trouble keeping up with the times. They are the biggest and think they're the best. Poor management and very disconnected both internally and externally.

Heath care was the best, but they have been downsizing steadily the last few years.
fun place to work and love my 10 years of experience with the company
Services Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, MAAugust 17, 2015
• Teach and coach sales team members on how to execute their business area strategies and improve individual and team performance.
• Fulfill sales leader responsibilities to create a profitable and engaging sales floor experience.
• Ensured no customer was left undeserved through effective floor leadership.
Enjoyable job. Poor management
Alorica (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Potlucks. When you really become a part of a good team you can get very far.
Cons: Favoritism, if you were not a part of the crew there were alot of people trying to get you out.
A typical day was great, maybe take 5-10 calls.
I learned what it takes to serve ads in a competitive market of online advertising.

Coworkers were great. A lot very personable.

The hardest part of the job would be management, coming in as an agent and trying to develop on the support floor was rough when you had to answer question you didn't know the answer too at the moment. It was always a learning process.
Worked for great teams
PM/Instructional Designer (Former Employee), RedmondAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Briliant people, excellent products and diverse
Cons: Intense environemnet but not really a bad thing
Excellent company to work for. MSFT requires long hours but if you are on a great team, it is worth it. They offer flexibility for work hours and offer corp access which is fantastic because you are often working with global partners and stakeholders.
good work place
Technical Lead/ SQL BI Developer (Current Employee), SeattleAugust 12, 2015
great work place
learned many techniques while working with the team.
helpful co-workers
work is enjoyable part
very good management
Productive and Fun work place
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Tysons Corner VirginiaAugust 12, 2015
Management and staff are great to work with. Everyone works as a team, and the benefits are outstanding. Majority of customers that we work with are business clients from around the area, so it is a great place to network. The sky is the limit if you know what you are doing.
about microsoft
Sales Operations Analytics Manager (Former Employee), Ft Lauderdale, FLAugust 12, 2015
Great place to learn about dynamic highly competitive industries.
Huge and spontaneous workloads.

Very self centered groups within company in LATAM division, there is no team atmosphere.
ArcSight Consultant (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: great cafee's
Cons: Limited seating
Very good work for the time spent, would like to see better organization from the managers. need better colab system in place, need to repeat project tasks over and over
Headquarters