Microsoft
1,066 reviews

Microsoft Employer Reviews

Very fun and intriguing place to be
Product Advisor (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Work was always entertainingly fun and the day was always interesting. Management and my co-workers were the most amazing people I've ever met. Hardest part of the job was trying to deal with the rush hour. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with all the customers and teach them things that I can teach myself
Challenging & great place to work!
Software Development Engineer in Test II (Former Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: solid benifits, good salary, great coworkers, free drinks
Cons: constantly changing review system. recent layoffs and uncertainty about the company's future
Very fulfilling place to work with smart people and challenging products to work on. Flexible working hours and remote work opportunities.
Productive and fun place to work with excellent benefits for employees
Content Project Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 26, 2015
Microsoft is the best company I've ever worked for. The working environment is fast pace, productive and lots of fun things to do in terms of project work. I got to work with one of the smartest people in the technology industry and i'm honored to be a Microsoft Alumni.
Not productive and no instantive to do great job
Finance Manager (US EPG) (Current Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: flex hours
Cons: work life balance and management
Not a great company to work for in terms of Work Life balance. You work long hours with minimal rewards. High stress environment.
Good company, good benefits, but review model is very poor
Principal Performance SDET, Microsoft IT (Former Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: volunteer matching, free coffee or soda, good pay check, 401k, and lots of parking or bus pass or shuttle options.
Cons: work life balance is not a reality.
Good
401K matching, good pay check, good transportation options, good colleagues.

Average
work life balance, average medical, stock, travel.

Poor
re-orgs, layoff pressure, middle management leadership, and review model.
Positive energey with exciting people
Consumer Product Advisor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 23, 2015
The atmosphere, along with my co-workers, are my main motivation to get through work. Like most positions in any job, all days are not peaches and cream; however, working for a great company like this one makes it worth while.
Surrounded by smart people, but held back by red tape. CEO is changing MS for the better
Solution Manager (Program Manager) (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 23, 2015
For the longest time, Microsoft had been a "me too" company. Despite being first to market in many areas, their products didn't seem to take hold. For a long time, the general consensus seemed to be that Microsoft didn't want to take any chances with new products coming out of MS Research and it was content integrating newer technologies as other companies came out with them.

Satya is changing that. They are now cross platform with a lot of their applications and getting into new, exciting markets. While the traditional PC market is shrinking, they have hedged their bets with other sources of income (Cloud, Big Data, etc.).
Good
Staff Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Good company, great benefits. Encourages collaboration with others.
Hardest part of the job is the travel. Most engagements, you are required to be onsite, no matter where in the country.
Smart Passionate People
Principal Program Manager (Former Employee), Redmond WAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great people, great passion, great technology
Cons: work life balance
Microsoft is a great place to work. I loved my 15 years delivering world class enterprise solutions. I had a great experience and my family is financial stable due to the success of Microsoft.

Work life / balance is tough, I felt I was always on call, yet I enjoyed walking into the office every day.

It is more competitive than it needs to be. Microsoft is losing great people to Google, Amazon, & Facebook due to the internal competitive model. The competitive model needs to be focus on external competition rather than internal.
Not the best
Product Advisor (Current Employee), Danbury, CTFebruary 21, 2015
working for forever 21 was not something I wanted to do but I was young and I needed a job and I love working at stores that just opened up, but that store was stressful and annoying most days
Senior Test Lead (Former Employee), Redmond WaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: you have alot of flexibility to make change
Cons: sometimes politics got in the way of doing the right thing, the review system focused on competing with your peers instead of the companies competition.
I worked at Microsoft for 20 years and loved it. Sometimes the days were long but the challenges and sense of accomplishment made it all worth while. The people there are amazing and the new CEO is getting the company going in the right direction again.
Microsoft offers exciting opportunities for software developers
Senior Software Design Engineer in Test (Former Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: microsoft campus
Cons: heathcare, long work hours
Microsoft is an exciting place to work, however there is considerable room for improvement regarding the work/life balance. The engineers working at Microsoft are passionate and dedicated to delivering cutting edge technology to the world. I enjoyed my time with the company.
Balanced Work place
Product Adviser (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: long breaks and discounts on products
Cons: uniforms
Teaching Microsoft Word to group and kids and Women
Advised Customer of what devices they need with abilities they need it to have
open and close
clean and dust
sales
troubleshooting
Returns
Unselling
Great company to work for, great culture and development resources.
Assistant Specialty Store Manager (Former Employee), NJFebruary 17, 2015
Microsoft is a great company to work for. During my time there I have developed in depth more knowledge with hardware and software.
Sharepoint lead developer
SharePoint Lead Solution Developer (Current Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 17, 2015
Over 8 Years of experience in IT with expertise in wide range of Microsoft technologies across all layers of enterprise level applications. Extensive and proven expertise in all aspects of performing complex administration, development, installation, configuration, and upgrade and migration tasks associated with Enterprise SharePoint Platform and Applications. Experience in Software design, analysis, development, testing and implementation of secure n-tier client/server web based applications using .NET Technologies and Sql Server database.
Awesome place to work!
Tier III Global Escalation Case Administrator (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TexasFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free drinks in break rooms, one hour lunches, great cafeteria with foosball, shuffleboards and more, great people to work with, easy access to xbox to test contents, company contests
Cons: cramped cubicles when we were paired with another co-worker.
Customer communication was primarily through email. I acquired new software knowledge on Microsoft's Xbox advocacy regarding Accounts, Credit, and Purchases. I learned, taught, and provided my co-workers the best support to teach them the value of a Team. The Co-workers were the best part of the job that I enjoyed. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting video content that were sometimes out of order, in the wrong language, and not received for the customers. Retrieving and finding the source of the problem was difficult due to the little information we had on some video contents. The hardest part of the job was when there was duplicate accounts that conflicted with customers making purchases.
Self Managed
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee), MarylandFebruary 16, 2015
Great Place to work ! Self Managed, great pay and work schedule. Great Work/Life Balance. Management is very supportive and do not micromanage.
fun expereince that gave me a look at what it is like to work with Microsoft personel.
Microsoft Student Partner (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: very free environment
Cons: strict project scopes
Received assistance when I required it and could count on my coworkers if i ever needed anything. Management was easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet strict project requirements. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Great place to start, depending on the team
Software Development Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 13, 2015
I've worked there on one fantastic team for over 3.5 years. I have very few complains about working there, although I have had friends in the company who found themselves working in teams with toxic cultures.

Typical day:
Most days were work item focused. My team would have a scrum once or twice a week. Once a week I'd check in with my lead, and depending on the phase of development there'd be a meeting or two during the day.

Management:
Management was pretty friendly and accommodating for the most part. I have never had to deal with anything overly bureaucratic. If something seems dumb, just check with someone to see if you actually have to do it. Odds are you don't.

Co-workers:
I found 99.9% of the people there friendly and professional. Definitely a place I'd return to in the future.
Excellent team
Business Systems Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 13, 2015
Microsoft is a huge company, and I was fortunate to have a great manager and excellent coworkers. I had some very interesting projects to work on.

1 2 3 4 5

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more