Microsoft Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,557 reviews matching the search
Great
MS Exchange Engineer (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 26, 2016
Working there was an awesome experience. I would recommend working there. The pace is very fast potent. The staff were great and knowledgeable.
Cons
Good
Senior BI/Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 26, 2016
Analyzes and summarizes the current and future global demand/supply status. Predicitive models give out forecasting monthly volumes and the model performance metrics Analysis for incoming customer engagement request volumes on the required levels by 6 domains, by 5 geo locations
Not a great culture any more.....
Program Manager II (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 26, 2016
Most of the people I know who work at Microsoft are just there still because of the golden handcuffs not because they want to do anything cool. I feel this is really holding back the company from doing innovative work.
Productive Environment
Vendor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 25, 2016
working at Microsoft has been very rewarding for me due to the employees/managers take pride in what they do. Its not about your dress code or your drive to please. To me its about your loyalty to the company.
Pros
Remote Options
Cons
No Vendor Activities
Excellent workplace and environment
Assisted Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2016
Relaxed atmosphere based upon frequency of interactions. Appreciated the ability to "Be your Own Boss" and utilizing my in-field experience to successfully engage with potential consumers and customers.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
N/A
It was a good fit for other than management.THEY WHERE very rude..
Building server racks (Current Employee) –  Boydton, VA 23917August 24, 2016
we started out pulling cable..From cat5 to cat6..ASSEMBLED THE RACKS That the cable treys went in..Over all i enjoyed my work..Furcated fibers as well
Great Company To Work For
User Experience Evangelist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 24, 2016
Love working at Microsoft. Great culture and management and they treat employees very well. Very hectic but fulfilling. Very Diverse working environment. I just wish there were more jobs for user experience that were either remote or not located in Washington state.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
most jobs located in washington state
Microsoft is a great company
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 22, 2016
Microsoft is a great company is a big Corporate Software Company. I've enjoyed working there for 18 years. Ask me more sometime soon.
Good Company
Specialty Store Manager & Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 18, 2016
The company has a great culture and its a fun environment to work with. The people make the day to day easy and enjoyable. They have a proven operating process and place for advancement.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 18, 2016
One of my favorite things about Microsoft is that there was a focused effort for all team members to be successful Drama was kept to a minimum and there was no back stabbing or jealous efforts to thwart an employee's success. The management was fair and level headed. Overall, the working environment was excellent. Future employers will struggle to compare to the Microsoft experience I had.
Pros
Excellent benifits
Cons
Minimal job security (as with many tech companies)
Proud to work at Microsoft for its corporate citizenship and vision to change the world
Program Manager III (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 17, 2016
Management excellence is not consistent and can vary greatly across teams. Company needs to advance its commitment to diversity and inclusion of all groups.
Pros
Benefits and perks
Cons
Management; diversity
Good exposure working for a tech titan
compression engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 17, 2016
My org was a great place to work with creative and exciting people. I learned many things about both the tech I was working within and how the organizational structures interacts with one another at such a large company.
Incredible opportunity for advancement
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2016
I found working at Microsoft amazing! People are upbeat and full of energy. If you are innovative this is the place to be! Microsoft has a great team of leaders and look to reach out to anyone who is willing to reach out to them.
Pros
Travel, Free swag, opportunity to adavance quickly
Cons
Relocation is a must if you want to move forward
Great Experience
Inventory Control Expert (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2016
The overall experience was a great one. Work/life balance was what drove me to pursue something different. Microsoft is an amazing company to work for, the job culture was one of the best I've been in.
A good place to get started
Training Developer (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 15, 2016
A good place to work if you have a clear path. but easy to get lost in the endless sea of faces that arrive. Career pathing and advancement is not great, but if you show initiative and work hard it is possible. The team is great, and co-workers are solid and helpful.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Terrible Dental Insurance
Great culture, people are eager to help.
Network Engineer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 12, 2016
Great benefits
A very large company so change is sometimes slow to occur.
Great services and Software.
Excellent Managers and Senior Leaders.
Nice job... Kind of.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT 84405August 11, 2016
Work tech support as a contractor for MS. Really enjoyed the work, but was ultimately outsourced overseas and laid off.
Good Job to Start A Career!
Office 365 Lead Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 10, 2016
Work days can be strenuous, but fulfilling
You learn good customer service skills and extensive knowledge about Microsoft Office products
Management creates a very relaxed environment for you as long as you are doing what is required of you
Although you are not physically around you co-workers, they appear to be very friendly and helpful people which is essential to your work environment
Constantly staring at a computer screen can really strain your eyes
If you like customer service, a people-person, and enjoy IT, then this job can be very enjoyable!
Pros
Remote position allows for a comfortable work environment
Cons
Constantly looking at a computer screen can put tremendous strain on the eyes
Overall, it's pretty good
International Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 9, 2016
Microsoft continues to reshape the way we work and live. As an employer, they take care of their employees, though I will say compensation isn't quite as competitive as other big tech companies. Overall, I've been pleased with my time at Microsoft.
Broad range of technologies in products
Senior DVE (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 8, 2016
I have enjoyed working at MS and have done well in my career at this company.
I have been introduced to many technologies and have grown in areas I wasn't exposed to in my previous jobs.
I enjoy working with my co-workers in all functional areas. They are competent and hard working.
The hardest part of the job is the travel (approximately 20%).
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Too much travel, lack of HW improvement focus

4.2