Microsoft

Microsoft Employer Reviews

Microsoft, I think so the name is enough
Senior MS CRM Consultant (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APApril 18, 2014
I was Senior MS CRM consultant in Microsoft R & D India pvt ltd,
It was great experience to work with other co-workers and management.

Microsoft provide so flexibility of work to their employee, and i think so that's the only reason all employee providing good result.
Very productive high energy teams creating a difference every day
Program Manager (Current Employee), REDMOND, WAApril 18, 2014
Cons: there is always more work
Highly focused, young and extremely passionate team turns up to work every single day, in their effort change the world around them in small steps. Its surprise that the teams continue to do this every single day and carries plenty of passion while doing it.
Good company if you are in the right area
Principal Business Program Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAApril 18, 2014
I have had many wonderful experiences at Microsoft with so many talented people.
fun work place
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Redmond, WAApril 16, 2014
good learning experience.
"Good work/life balance, if you are in the right division or have the right manager"
Microsoft
Global Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee), Irving, TXApril 11, 2014
Been working at Microsoft since September 2011. Company culture and people are a good place to be. Plan was to stay until it was time to retire for good.
Summary is below.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAApril 11, 2014
At Microsoft the work is both very demanding and rewording. It has been nice to see you’re able to make a divergence, even if you’re a contractor. Having worked in so many different groups (and types of positions) has given me a good view of the whole company.
Fun and inspiring.
Service Advisor (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, culture, and overall support from team.
Cons: beauracracy, and barriers to success at times.
Great company and forward thinking. Fun atmosphere and good managing staff. Friendly co-workers.
Microsoft Corporation
SENIOR SALES ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: latest technology -
Cons: no room for growth or creativity
Microsoft is one of the largest and well known companies in the world. It has been one of the best learning experiences I have encountered.

The only reason I would think of leaving and you would probably wonder why; is because 30 percent of the phenomenal individuals I have met are outsourced - vendors. This creates a sub-culture that can be very dysfunctional – more... and discouraging. The vendors support Microsoft's vast infrastructure.

This is why the average rating. I found all of the individuals who work for Microsoft to be warm and brilliant. However, I miss truly being part of a team.

The current infrastructure of vendors supporting the infrastructure will never afford the type of opportunity and team synergy I personally need to thrive. Additionally, the disparity between a Microsoft employees benefits/salary and a vendor's salary is vast. – less
Sr. Protection Program Manager
Sr. Protection Program Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAApril 5, 2014
Pros: travel and meeting new people and generating partners in the field.
Cons: work/home life balance
I work for a spectacular company in redmond Washington. Microsoft has provided me with multiple opportunities. I travel the world and learn everyday about what a leader to do and know to grow. I lead multiple people in the field and network with various different cultures. It gives me the chance to cultivate my expertise in the industry. A typical work – more... day is filled with many meeting and face time with co-workers, training and travel. The hardest part of my job is the time away from my husband and children. The most enjoyable part is the amount of knowledge that I bring to the table with all the experience and time invested. – less
Amazing!
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, VAApril 3, 2014
Microsoft is great company to invest your career at! The culture I great and truly values work life balance for employees.
just a walk in the job
International Project Engineer/Program Manager (Current Employee), Bellevue , waApril 3, 2014
Pros: secure job with a consistent income
Cons: you can't innovate and politics are too high
Its very political and not too much room to grow or innovate

lots of technology only good to work at MS

My co-workers are too busy to think of anyone else.
Internship (Former Employee), Cairo, GAApril 2, 2014
I was working from Cairo with CSE Innovation lab so i wasn't surrounded by software engineers but my co-workers in the office were not so productive.
Issues
Senior Support Professional (Former Employee), Orem, UTApril 1, 2014
They implemented the bell curve employee rating system there when i first got on. The culture and satisfaction took a dive after that when ratings became arbitrary and dependent on how much brown-nosing one did with the current manager.
Great and fun workplace
ODM consultant (Taiwan) (Former Employee), Taipei, TaiwanMarch 29, 2014
I started to work at 9am on every work day with a brief conference with manager and colleague. The manager will usually assigned us the task to complete by our own. We discussed our task on the firm's internal online chat room. At noon, we have an hour of lunch time. If we complete task before 6pm (the regular end of work day), we report it to manager – more... and get a new task, otherwise, we continue to work on it until finish. The whole company is full of positive and energetic co-workers that motivates me and make me work as hard as i can. The overall experience is awesome. – less
Reviews could be brutal
Medium Enterprise Mgr. (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: name recognition, cool company
Cons: managers and reviews
Review scores done on forced scale.
Team competition fostered distrust.
Fun sales meetings.
Decent raises (made up partly for low salaries.)
A great place to work.
Web Developer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: great culture, great people.
Cons: weather and commute.
To keep it simple, Microsoft is one of the best places I've worked. A great culture with great people. The best managers I've had have been at Microsoft.

The hardest part of the job is simply living up to the standards set. While at the same time, I personally was very passionate about what I was doing, so any difficulty seemed fun.
Exciting, fast paced, leading edge company who provides excellent resources and benefits to its employees.
Campaign Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 27, 2014
Exciting, fast paced, leading edge company who provides excellent resources and benefits. A culture of smart hardworking co-workers. A rewarding career working with cutting edge technology and high caliber clients.
Fun Place to work.
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 25, 2014
Flexible timings. Good professional and personal life balance.
Worked within a corporate wellness clinic setting.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 19, 2014
Served only full time Microsoft employees on Microsoft campus. Lots of wellness checks and referral management for employees to follow up with specialists.
Fun workplace
University Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), Redmond, WashingtonMarch 19, 2014
Have great co-workers, good management, freedom to self manage self.

1 2 3 4 5

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's – Read more