Microsoft Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,494 reviews matching the search
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  microsoftJune 23, 2016
Awesome team and great environment. Culture fosters an open environment for communication and trust.

Pay scale needs to be adjust to reflect cost of living standards.
Pros
strong team
Cons
no room for growth outside of store
Excellent company
Product Feedback Analyst (Former Employee) –  RedmondJune 23, 2016
Flexibility of hours, Open communication, Nice relaxed job culture, Freedom to experiment with different solutions, Lunch options aplenty, Medical benefits excellent,
Good
IIS Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 22, 2016
Nice team
Good organization
Work culture is good
Good co ordination with the team
Nice place to work
Learn lot of things
Over all had good team spirit
Give it a try!
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 22, 2016
Great challenges and smart, thoughtful people.
Reasonable budgets
Decent work/life balance
It's not about mentors here, but all about who will champion you!
Pros
After a few years, stock really kicks in
Cons
A lot of middle managers that have no interest in leading
Great Experience
Expert, BestBuy/Microsoft (Current Employee) –  VAJune 21, 2016
I always look forward to going to work and giving it my best. I really like interacting with customers on a daily basses. One of the best management an co-workers to working with.
Results Driven Sales Manager
Business Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 21, 2016
A typical day of work does not exist when it comes to sales people. You plan the night before and take action early the next morning. It's about strategic thinking and planning and also being relentless on what we call the sales battle ground. The hardest part of the job is getting that first no out of the way.
Fast paced, results driven
SMSG Financial Controller FP&A (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 19, 2016
Besides regular activities, organized in the fiscal year calendar, I lead priority projects and coach members of my team. I connect with peers in the headquarter office and in the subsidiaries to help and be helped. The hardest part of the job is to balance quarter end time bound commitments delivering all of them on time and with quality. The best part of the job is to work with a team spirit and enjoy the friendly work environment.
Pros
great benefits package
Cons
professional mobility
A place to develop new skills
Data Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 15, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was collaborating with co-workers on ideas and strategies. Acquiring new tech skills on the job was a major bonus.
Super Collaborative Work
MCIO (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 13, 2016
Design, development, unit testing, and debugging of the Web applications.Team player with excellent technical, interpersonal and communication skills.Capable of quickly learning and delivering solutions as an individual and as part of a team.
Good Compensation and Work-life Balance
Sr. Program/Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 11, 2016
Overall, good compensation and work-life balance. It is in transformational stage, lots of uncertainties and negative stress at times.
Fun place to work that has coworkers that equally share passions about technology
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 9, 2016
Within a typical work day I usually count inventory within the store, then I begin to create the schedule for the day dealing with appointments with various associates. I prepare for personal training appointments for the day that handle teaching and answering customers about windows devices/programs. Also lead the VR demo in the store that shows how the HTC VIVE works with a computer in a customers own home.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Some time get scheduled 4 hr shifts
An exciting place to work which values hard work and gives great opportunities for growth and development
Patent Process Manager, Legal & Corporate Affairs (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 9, 2016
I had many opportunities for growth and development while at Microsoft for 15 years. I managed teams and other managers; partnered with law firms and other venders; helped develop and implement new databases; and actively worked to reduce overall costs for prosecuting patents. It was interesting and rewarding work.
Pros
I felt respected as an individual and that my input was apprecited. The benefits were exceptional.
Cons
Work/life balance was a challenge at times, although this was not typically a problem for me.
what an amazing place to learn from so many fields
GLOBAL PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 8, 2016
I would not change a thing in these past 16 yrs. I've worked with the highest caliber of people and grew professionally.
The ability to work from home while in a global environment is such a plus; the time taken back from commute, lunch, etc - provides more time for productivity
Very exciting and cutting edge projects
HoloLens Design Verification Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 8, 2016
Working at MS is a fast paced high visibility activity. Teams work very close together to achieve a smooth and supportive flow.
Overall Productive and great company to be a part of
Consumer Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2016
I get to talk about all sorts of Microsoft products and services. It's usually a fun time in the unpredictable setting of New York, the environment welcomes all sorts of characters both employed or as customer or simple passerby's. I've had the privilege of dabbling in the most basic of customer service duties to more advanced, branch-out roles such as inventory, administration, merchandising, and technical support...Not many places allow for such well-rounded growth.
Pros
Environment, Beta programs exclusivity, transportation, peers
Cons
Lack of consitency, no stability, leadership, Lack of room for real growth
Great starting pay and benefits
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2016
Management is open to feedback and always striving to improve. Plenty of opportunities to find your niche either in sales, coaching, tech services, community, or business.
Pros
stocked snacks and drinks in breakroom, one-hour lunch breaks, great opportunities to work across teams
Cons
minimal growth in retail
Friendly and best work place company.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
You get what you put in. If you want a good work life balance you can do that and be successful or if you want to put in a lot of extra hours you'll be recognized. Great pay and benefits. Inclusive culture. Easy to move around to other teams if you want to. My friends who were hired with me and didn't click with their first teams have mostly found new teams that they enjoy better.
riendly and best work place company.
manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
It's ok.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2016
Not great like what you think it would be or could be. Management is very poor and the employee rating system is really screwed up.
Pros
name recognition
Cons
moronic managers, poor pay, convulted comission system
I enjoyed working at Microsoft.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
I enjoyed working at Microsoft.
I would work 8 hours a day. Everyday was always something new. I learned how to fix a computer. How to speak with businesses. The management was not the best. The Hardest part of the job was to try and figure out what the management team wanted you to do. Being about to help people with their computers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2