Microsoft

Microsoft Employer Reviews

Great learning experience!
SharePoint Technical Lead (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLDecember 20, 2014
This is a contracted position and therefore the salary leaves something to be desired but great company to work for. Great group of people and a great learning environment.
Was laid off because of age.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Seatlle, WADecember 18, 2014
I worked there 3 years and was promoted to Area Manager. Within a year was laid off because of my age. Couple of weeks later learned my replacement was 20 years younger.
Fun work environment
Business (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 17, 2014
Pros: lots of things to drive employee morale
Cons: roles are ill defined
It can be fun and the company takes care of its employees. But it is too large and filled with redundant roles. Hard to get anything done. Also, very political. But if you're willing to play the game, it can be a good place to be.
Diverse Opportunities
SeniorTest Lead (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 16, 2014
Pros: constant change
Cons: constant change
They have their fingers into just about everything. It gives you the ability to try jobs in areas that you may have a great passion for. Great place for a first job. Teams are silod and used to work in isolation. There is a top down edict to change to become a single company. But, team vs. team was the culture before.
It's Microsoft
Communications Manager/Support Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 16, 2014
If you get in the right department, there are many opportunities for advancement and networking.
Productive and Creative
Global Service Delivery Lead/ Sr. Analyst (Current Employee), RedmondDecember 15, 2014
I worked with several smart people who were highly driven . At the same time there were teams that were not very open to ideas.
Good company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WADecember 15, 2014
Good company, Work culture is great, but work life balance is not great.
Terrible Manager Experience
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), ColoradoDecember 14, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, products.
Cons: incomplete training, unsocial co workers, inconsistent schedule.
When I was first hired on with Microsoft I was ecstatic! Once I was in my position for a few weeks it was a different story. The store manager is a terrible human being who is racist and loves to micro manage. The manager ruined my experience at Microsoft.

The company was fairly decent to work for. I was taken care of but Microsoft has so much going – more... that it takes away from the retail side of things.

If you have an opportunity to work for Microsoft take it. Just don't let your manager walk all over you. Most stores have great store manager. – less
microsft
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 12, 2014
Pros: nice manager and co workers
Cons: no benefit
A good and organized company. Both co workers and manager are nice and friendly. In addition, I have so many chance to learn in here.
fun atmosphere, great way to build career
Windows 8 Campus Representative (Former Employee), blacksburgDecember 11, 2014
Pros: great resume builder
Cons: standing all day
best place to work if you are in college and looking for extra cash
Great Learning Environment
Software Developer in Test (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 11, 2014
Pros: free drinks, lots of learning resources, and benefits are good
Cons: teams and priorities are always changing...review process is awful
There are great resources for research and development. Layoffs have really put a damper on things. Benefits are still better than most places but they are slowly becoming like other companies. The yearly review process still sucks.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WADecember 8, 2014
Nice place to work with excellent people and good work culture. The shift with Dev/ops concept is changing the expectations and culture in a good way in the company.
Great company with smart people
Software Engineer, .Net Framework (Current Employee), Redmond, waDecember 8, 2014
Full of smart people who are very approachable, great work culture
Great place to grow a career
UX Program Manager on Search - Xbox One (Current Employee), Redmond, WADecember 4, 2014
Pros: healthcare, stock, salary
Cons: politics, ability to advance
Microsoft is full of opportunity. The company is one of the most cutting edge companies in the world. They understand business and home users and deliver unique experiences for both.

The co-workers at Microsoft are some of the smart people you will find in the tech industry.
Excellent Company to work for
PRINCIPAL TEST MANAGER (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 4, 2014
Pros: health benefits, work environment, encouraged new ideas, company store discount
Cons: location
A typical work hour day was 7am-7pm with the understanding that you would be reachable online after these hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was being supported by my Directors in thinking up and initiating new processes to save the company money and time. I always had a reliable team that would support our goals and we respected and supported – more... each other throughout my time at Microsoft. The hardest part of the job was the work/home life balance and finding qualified people to do the job. You can train skill sets but you cannot train laziness. Management is tricky as you can't manage people to do work for you. You have to motivate them to want to do work for the team and drive their desire to keep working on new and exciting projects. – less
Great work environment
Consultant (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 4, 2014
It is an awesome work environment where you tell yourself at what level should I be as there are several talented people to work with.
Exposure to several different information technology tools and infrastructures. Great environment to learn working in a dynamic and high volume development process.
Overall Great Experince
Service Engineer (Current Employee), Redmond, WADecember 3, 2014
I really enjoy the atmosphere and culture of the group I am in. The only real downside is being a vendor.
Rewarding and challenging position
Escalation Engineer, Beta Lead, Program Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 3, 2014
Pros: training, team structure, benefits
Cons: 24x7 high stress environment
What can I say? Microsoft was by far the most challenging and rewarding company to work for.

The chance to be involved with the most current technologies, training at the highest level, a great team oriented culture and benefits that were second to none.
Productive and Fun work place with challanging work
Technical Sales and Product Advisor (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CADecember 3, 2014
Data Analysis
Business/System analysis
Microsoft Business Tools
Excellent place to work with great work/life balance
IT Solution Manager - ECIT OEM SD Total (Current Employee), Reno, NVDecember 2, 2014
Great challenging and fast paced working environment with great benefits. Always working with the latest technology and current practices. Very smart and fun people. Good project management guidelines and methodologies. Reasonable performance review process and very good total rewards program.

1 2 3 4 5

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more