Microsoft
1,123 reviews

Microsoft United States Employee Reviews

Great team and fun work and profuctive environment
Corporate Strategy & Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 20, 2015
Good work environment. Good team of people. Exciting and innovating work culture. Good set of managers. Would recommend anyone to build his or her career here in order to get a good work experience.
Good
Senior RF Hardware and Antenna Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 17, 2015
good place to work. good pay and benefits. good work/ life balance. good work environment and atmosphere. management open to listening to new ideas and changes.
Good place to learn software lifecycle
Project Manager Summer Intern (Former Employee), Wuhan UniversityApril 15, 2015
Pros: Group study
Cons: No director
It is a summer internship program.

I learned Microsoft software development life cycle. However, I did not learn much in programming.
Great flexibility, can manage to work/life balance
HR Specialist (Former Employee), Redmond, WAApril 14, 2015
Good for people who can work with little direction. Lots of ambiguity, but generally great flexibility in schedule and how you get your work done. Generally not a micromanging culture, but expectations are high, even for new hires. Compensation package is very good.
Interesting position - Poor hours
Services Advisor / Technician (Current Employee), DanburyApril 13, 2015
Pros: Compensation, Job role
Cons: Hours, Management
Hours are long and inconsistent, No weekends or holidays off, position is interesting and ever changing, Management team is very scattered and disorganized, and not overly interested in work/life balance
Fun place to work with colaboration from all levels
Service Operations Engineer II (Former Employee), Redmond, WAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Great place to learn new software, beniffits, healthcare, ship it rewards
Cons: High pressure, unclear expectation from some individuals.
Review issues first thing in the morning. Clear all outstanding issues from previous day, categorize items to be action for the day. With the time at Microsoft I found to handle requests from end user. Create project plans for the test environment, and manage the life cycle of services. My co-worker were helpful if there were issue that needed to be addressed we would work together to resolve the issue. The hardest part of this job was dealing with resource allocation for software testing purposes. The most enjoyable part of this job was helping other achieve their desired results.
Microsoft was one of the most innovative and exciting companies to work for back in its heyday
Senior HR Generalist (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 5, 2015
Pros: We worked autonously with a supportive management team
Cons: the company started lowering their hiring standards and my manager quit
Every day you were trusted to manage your own schedule based on your workload. This provided people the opportunity to learn about leading your own business unit which was approximately 350 employees. Management trusted that you were doing a good job and were there in case of escalations or other support. One time when I had too much on my plate I let my manager know so that could have a proactive notification of where any escalations and/or complaints may come from in the client groups. When a complaint did arise from lack of bandwidth my manager stood behind me. My team was built of knowledgeable HR professionals that existed like a family always there to support each other.

The hardest part of the job was the passion that we all felt towards the company mission. This lead to a self imposed lack of work life balance.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the people that you worked with. They were intelligent, friendly and honest about where things stood with their work.
Ok Place to work
Service Engineer (Current Employee), Redmond, WAApril 5, 2015
Pros: Great Project to Work On
Cons: Work life balance
Its a great place to work with a bunch of great projects. Microsoft just needs to get a handle on their future, purchase of Nokia was not a good thing for the company, because of all the changes in the company.
Well versed opportunity
Product Advisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2015
Incredible company!
A typical day at work has a clear objective and a helpful team to accomplish those goals.
Access to supplemental training.
Helpful team that works toward a common goal.
Most enjoyable part is meeting and expanding knowledge from a business and retail perspective.
Really great campus, great facilities
SENIOR IT PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee), Irving TexasApril 2, 2015
Great place to work . Fast paced, great environment to be in. Globally focused .A lot of new learning on the logistics and supply chain space.
Automation Engineer in Tes
Automation Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAApril 2, 2015
The team was great to work with, still in touch with many of the team members. The team had great work culture and work life balance.
Gained a lot of experience and loved building a team in a new fast paced sector of MS
Team Lead-Microsoft Retail Stores Accountant (Former Employee), Fargo, NDApril 2, 2015
A typical day at work would be having a set task lists including reviewing of accounting processes. These would be Credit Card Chargeback Reporting, Cash Reconciliation Review, Journal Entry Review. I learned a lot about Corporate Accounting and developed a skill set in Accounts Receivables and Cash Management. I learned how to research and fix misapplied funds and use what I learned to educate the team. My co-workers were incredible, supportive and we would help each other out a lot. The hardest part of my job was termination and performance issues involving employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fast pace, the continual knowledge, new processes and flexibility.
Good tech environment without anywhere to actually work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Lots of work, flexible schedule
Cons: No healthcare or benefits for contingent workers
As a contingent worker you do not have a desk so you must always either work from home, coffee shops or the cafeteria.

This creates a divide and just a hassle to productivity.

Microsoft is a good company with a lot of work to be done so there's no shortage but the contingent worker program sometimes feel a bit exploitive.
Travel, good money, no advancement, bad management
Field Tech (Current Employee), FloridaApril 1, 2015
I work 50-60 hours a week driving recording images, mapping for the Bing project, might get 1 or 2 days off a week unless it rains or a rig is down. I work in the field alone in new cities which is adventurous.

I learned how to utilize and troubleshoot high tech equipment on the cutting edge.

Managers were inexperienced managing people. Poor communicators and unprofessional.

Coworkers were all ages, all colors, all personalities.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with a bad manager being away from home for up to 2 months, no raise, no advancement.

Most enjoyable was money and benefits which were good, everything paid for, being able to experience cities I've never been to working in tandem.
A day in the life
Streaming Services Lead (Current Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Benefits, casual dress code
Microsoft is a very driven company constantly moving and never slowing down. I have had many opportunities to grow in my work life, financial life, and my personal life. I start my day off at 6:30a with live event from international subs and move into streaming for the Redmond campus. My 3 person team streams around 500 live events a year and are constantly growing that number. The hardest part of my job is to remember to compliment myself on the work that's been accomplished as we tend to overlook the small contributions. However, I am most enjoyed when my customers walk away happy and feeling like they were well taken care of and that my teams gets the recognition.
Good work environment
Software Development Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 27, 2015
Good facilities on campus. Many opportunities to learn and grow. Even as a vendor, one has certain amount of freedom to express and work on what interests them.
Hurt so good...
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Redmond WAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: all the beverages you can drink - with caffiene, of course.
Cons: psychobabble and brainwashing - sign up here!!!
Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY. I learned a lot while I was there - but everything I learned was not good. The egos and narrow-mindedness are hard to stomach, and honesty is far from the best policy if you want to advance. Your co-workers might or might not be your friends - you won't know until you move on. The company is disingenuous when it claims to be people oriented, whether you are a customer or employee.
Good place to work if you like managing yourself.
IT Program Manager, Supply Chain (Current Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, good perks.
Cons: Autonomous, no direction or feedback.
Nice surroundings, own office, and good perks. Manage your own schedule & work location, ie office vs. home.

Very autonomous, come and go without any interaction. Never see or hear from the boss, which can be good but ambiguous.
"Has been" company
SERVICE ENGINEER, SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Very good benefits although those are getting trimmed every year
Cons: Politics and favoritism
It used to be great company to work for but has been on steep decline for few years.
No longer good company to work for.
Overall it is best for people that like to be involved with politics and favoritism.
Good ideas are just ignored (especially if any action would be required from management) and only whatever makes the management look good is supported.
I was hopeful when Satya took over but it just became complete mess. He states his vision for Microsoft but otherwise it is not visible below him.
There is more worry among employees after recent lay offs. Those have crippled some teams and there is no rehiring in sight.
Great place to Net Work
Market Development Manager (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJMarch 23, 2015
Pros: net working
Cons: micro managed
A typical day of work consisted of traveling, training & Sales. The most enjoyable part of the job was the creativity. Creativity was one thing that was emphasized for me to use as a tool to use for trainings.

1 2 3 4 5

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more

Microsoft Salaries