Microsoft Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,526 reviews matching the search
Tier 1 tech support ready to roll
Technical support tier 1 (Former Employee) –  San Salvaord , El SalvadorJuly 3, 2016
My typical day at work would be a cusotmer not so happy about it´s pc being upgraded to windows 10 , what I´ve learned about it is that costumers they dont see the value on it what it can do for them , so what I try to explain to them is the bennefits the program those for them and also to let them know that it is for free , the hardest part is to hear out the response of the 1% of the unhappy costumers the enjoyable part is that you have a lot of tools like the remote view to view what´s happenning and to give a more satisfaying solution to them .
Pros
long lunches, vto, compensatory days, double pay when working on national holidays
Cons
calibration is done slowly on tech blog
FUN company to work for!
Gaming experience suppor (Former Employee) –  Remote officeJuly 15, 2016
This is an excellent company to work for. They make working from home easy and enjoyable. You build a wealth of knowledge with Xbox. The people who you work with are fantastic, the team leads help make your daily tasks easier.

The hardest part of this job would be taking on accounts that have been hacked while someone has played on line and their personal information had been stolen.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to introduce people into xbox and the gaming world!
Pros
work from home and flexable hours
Cons
Exremely long calls sometime
Fast paced, results driven
SMSG Financial Controller FP&A (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 19, 2016
Besides regular activities, organized in the fiscal year calendar, I lead priority projects and coach members of my team. I connect with peers in the headquarter office and in the subsidiaries to help and be helped. The hardest part of the job is to balance quarter end time bound commitments delivering all of them on time and with quality. The best part of the job is to work with a team spirit and enjoy the friendly work environment.
Pros
great benefits package
Cons
professional mobility
An exciting place to work which values hard work and gives great opportunities for growth and development
Patent Process Manager, Legal & Corporate Affairs (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 9, 2016
I had many opportunities for growth and development while at Microsoft for 15 years. I managed teams and other managers; partnered with law firms and other venders; helped develop and implement new databases; and actively worked to reduce overall costs for prosecuting patents. It was interesting and rewarding work.
Pros
I felt respected as an individual and that my input was apprecited. The benefits were exceptional.
Cons
Work/life balance was a challenge at times, although this was not typically a problem for me.
Fun place to work that has coworkers that equally share passions about technology
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 9, 2016
Within a typical work day I usually count inventory within the store, then I begin to create the schedule for the day dealing with appointments with various associates. I prepare for personal training appointments for the day that handle teaching and answering customers about windows devices/programs. Also lead the VR demo in the store that shows how the HTC VIVE works with a computer in a customers own home.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Some time get scheduled 4 hr shifts
Overall Productive and great company to be a part of
Consumer Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2016
I get to talk about all sorts of Microsoft products and services. It's usually a fun time in the unpredictable setting of New York, the environment welcomes all sorts of characters both employed or as customer or simple passerby's. I've had the privilege of dabbling in the most basic of customer service duties to more advanced, branch-out roles such as inventory, administration, merchandising, and technical support...Not many places allow for such well-rounded growth.
Pros
Environment, Beta programs exclusivity, transportation, peers
Cons
Lack of consitency, no stability, leadership, Lack of room for real growth
Microsoft Career
Business Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 31, 2016
There has to be no typical day at work. I can be at a client site, event, meeting, or gala. I get to meet new people daily and service existing clients. This has helped me learn about many different client rhythms from government, education, and enterprise. My coworkers are amazing and fun. I also enjoy having a diverse group of coworkers and I have to say that I have a boss who cares. He does his best to help me succeed and get to the next level. I would say the hardest part about the job is generating new opportunities for growth as my space becomes more inundated. My favorite part about the job is working on diversity and inclusion projects, as well as our great giving program.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Often long hours
Friendly and best work place company.
Senior .Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 5, 2016
You get what you put in. If you want a good work life balance you can do that and be successful or if you want to put in a lot of extra hours you'll be recognized. Great pay and benefits. Inclusive culture. Easy to move around to other teams if you want to. My friends who were hired with me and didn't click with their first teams have mostly found new teams that they enjoy better.
Pros
If you love tech this is a great place
Not what everybody expects
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
I gave one star as the values shown are in reality not follow by the company. Management is bias and goes by rumors to judge employee. The system employee evaluation encourages rivalry among fellow coworkers,on the outside everybody seems nice but when it comes evaluation time, they will destroy you if see you are a good potential for a raise. They stressed the importance of work life balance but that's another fantasy. You will not look good if you don't keep up with emails during your days off or even vacation. You will also look bad if you stay in the same position for about 3-4yrs they said you need to look higher level even if you do a good job .No job security you can be fired anytime if you are a good employee or not with without reason.
Microsoft Review
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJune 1, 2016
Overall, Microsoft is a place where ideas are welcomed and striving as a team allows you to succeed. Work life balance is exceptional and the ability to grow and learn is persistent. The company perceives each customer as a part of the family of Microsoft and would go above and beyond for their customers satisfaction. The work flow is fast pace and enjoyable.
Pros
Culture of Microsoft
Cons
Career Advancement
Productive workplace
Social Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 11, 2016
Typical work day was full of interaction with Azure customers via twitter along with posting communications for any Azure related outages. Management was over worked and had quite the disconnect with what went on other then looking at spotting reporting. Co workers were great to work with except for one that seemed to have it out for others. The hardest part of the job was the lack of training on continues changes made for the job. Changes were being made and we were briefly notified about those changes.
Pros
Great learning experience of the Azure Platform
Cons
Lack of work coverage when days off needed
Good Job
Consumer Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 18, 2016
Easy Work. You learn enough about product to get you by, but you should know computer basics already. Provides equipment. Top level management is great, in store management, well that depends on who your in store manager is. Hardest part of the job? It's customer service. Most enjoyable part of the job? When I make someone who really needed help with their computer smile. It's all worth it then.
Fun Work Envrionment
Consumer Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 9, 2016
I love coming into work because everyone is so much fun to work with in all departments. Whether its in inventory, leadership, techs, I absolutely love working in a high energy groups. Making friends and meeting new people is what I am currently experiencing now here at Microsoft. Microsoft provides me many opportunities to gain experience in to better my career future.
Pros
Meeting new people, working in teams, great benefits
Great place ot work / work/ife balance needs to be managed
Sales (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 16, 2016
Microsoft is a great place to work for pay, benefits, and impact. great career boost and place to learn. The email culture takes a toll on work/life balance. they call it "integration" be prepared for constant connectivity you need to own your balance. Culture more collaborative and innovative with Satya leadership.
Pros
Benefits, Innovation, Intelligent teams
Cons
Email culture, work / life balance
Great pay and benefits, tough political environment
PRINCIPAL GROUP PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 17, 2016
Microsoft delivers great pay, and awesome benefits; however, needs to get better at collaboration and teamwork. The hardest part of the job is working outside of your own team. The single exception to this - and bright spot of Microsoft as a whole - is Skype. This team has a completely different culture, and one founded on great collaboration between the teams.
Friendly and best work place company.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
Productive work place
Big Data Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 29, 2016
riendly and best work place company.
manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
culture
CR/CS Associate Trainer/ Tier I tech (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 26, 2016
Working at microsoft has been a great experience. You get exposed to many products and learnings that by the end of a couple months you will already have learned various skills that should help you become a great employee. Microsoft makes sure to help along the way. They provide many E-learnings to beef up your knowledge and also pay any certifications or school up to a certain limit each year to advance in your education.
Pros
school re-imbursement, great health care, free snacks
Cons
work/life balanced is something that can be worked on a little
Microsoft Corporate Applications
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 26, 2016
There is considerable pressure on the Project Teams to deliver against aggressive schedules. The Redmond campus has excellent workplace balance functions which are essentially there to offset the extensive number of hours that tend to be worked.

I think the overall career opportunities and job security in general are quite good now that the major restructuring has already passed. Pay is comparable to jobs in other companies although overall benefits including the bonus were much better then at previous companies.
Pros
Free soda, Good healthcare, 401k, bonus
Cons
Long work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2