Microsoft Employee Reviews

Found 1,585 reviews matching the search
Very fast paced.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 26, 2016
Its a good company. They do some cutting edge and fast paced work. The only thing is there is no concept of asking for help and its expected that you work in silo. Apart from that, its a very good experience
Excellent Place to Work
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 26, 2016
New CEO has the company on the right track. Making progress on cloud strategy. Surface is one of the best devices on the market. The transition to Office 365 is on-track.
Good Company to work
NET Developer (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 25, 2016
Good Working Environment, the place where to learn Many things.Meetings with Different people in the world.

Hub to meet Different Sort of the people.
SQLBI Developer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 23, 2016
Professional and financial growth opportunities with a very good working environment. it is really fun working with Microsoft.
Good Contractor
SQL SERVER Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chileno Canyon, CASeptember 22, 2016
Good works experience, worked here as an contractor for a huge project in chile and the performance and the team was really good. i really loved the experience.
Fun place to work where they make you and the customers the priority
Technical/Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2016
Working for Microsoft was an absolute blast. For the most part, they treat you like a person and not just a number. Working at the retail store and dealing with customers was not as bad as working with customers at other retail stores because they treat you with respect. I never saw any of my coworkers get yelled at or being mistreated even though some people are hard to deal with.
Pros
free snacks and coffee for employees, free healthcare plus many other benefits.
Cons
managers come from different retail stores and have a hard time adjusting to microsoft culture
Redmond centric
Category Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Great company, but too "Redmond centric", meaning that unless you are willing to relocate to Seattle the job growth opportunities can be rather limited depending on your location/business group.
Productive and a bit stressful
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 20, 2016
A typical day at work starts out with catching up from emails from the night before.I worked with multiple people that were at various time-zones. Satisfying job because I could see my work reflected in our various platforms.
Great Company to wrok with.
Field Sales Force Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 19, 2016
Great Overall experience with them. Would love to go back someday! Worked on the West Coast Windows device teams. New management came in and laid everyone off with no warning which was very hard to deal with.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Managment can be tricky.
Microsoft
Financial Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 18, 2016
My view of Microsoft is that it is a great company to work for, though, the work/life balance to can be off due to very large projects.
supply chain transformation
Customer Logistics Channel Director (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 17, 2016
work hard, very professional and highly intelligent colleagues.
driving supply chain transformation process development and new fulfillment models. very fast paced and exciting environment.
Fun and constantly evolving technology
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 17, 2016
Great job that demands high energy.
Continuously learning about software features and new ways to engage customers through demonstrating products. My coworkers and I are like a team that work hard to support each other. My head manager is amazing and empowers us to make final decisions for our customers. Trust and positive intent is our culture. The hardest part is seeing people buy based off of price and not value and quality.
Pros
Constantly learning, benefits, the people
Microsoft
Lead Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 16, 2016
Your work always counts for something.
Not too much politics.
But hard work, competitive. Competing with people who do not have any other life.
Excellent Company to work for
Digital Marketing Analyst, Microsoft Store (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 16, 2016
Team is awesome, great company to work. Lots of innovative marketing ideas. Strong leadership, listens to employees and provides clear and decisive course of action
Waste of a year. (product advisor)
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2016
A completely useless experience. I joined the company with high hopes of career advancement. Suffer a while as a product advisor and then move up to Microsoft corporate. But, that will never be the case. If anything the managers try to keep you in your position for as long as humanly possible. Degrade you and give you no support or training. Pay is atrocious for a company that pulls in over 20 billion dollars a year in revenue.

Microsoft simply does not care about you. They only see the bottom line. There is no support, no care, just more work and more responsibility for the same amount of pay.

I would not recommend this position to anybody.

The discount for workers is 10%. Which is completely laughable.

No, Microsoft retail is the worst working experiences I have had to endure. Stay clear if at all possible.
Pros
Corporate Benefits for Part Timers
Cons
Atrocious bonus, horrible management, worse customers, and terrible working environment.
The MSA BG was a great group to work within.
Program Manager II - Display Advertising (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 14, 2016
Overall, I had a great experience at Microsoft. Great teams, great work, relaxed work environment. I started on a contract with a limited scope of responsibilities, but they saw that I could do more so I was regularly given more responsibilities and projects which really made the work interesting.

After my first contract, they brought me back after the break in a higher level role with commensurate pay.
Pros
Flexibility of work location, great teams
Cons
new policy of 6 months break for all contractors
Predictable uncertainty
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 13, 2016
Great place to work for the self-driven, offering competitive pay and flexible hours. There are literally a hundred directions you can take your career in, but the programs to promote career paths are murky at best. If you are fresh out of college, you'll be hand-held to success. If you are older, you're on your own. Equal opportunity employer with very diverse teams, and while nice to see, there are the typical stereo-type roles we all seem to play there in the end.
The most positive aspect of my day is that I can find a job that fits my personal life-style, meaning I have a flexible schedule. This does limit my choices for advancement of course, but it's a welcome compromise. Also, Microsoft is loaded with incredibly intelligent people, which makes work fun and challenging. I do not find myself questioning my manager's decision-making skills, which is nice.
On the frustrating side is the politics, and if you don't play it's tough to move ahead. Job security is also a major downer as teams come and go every 6 months when upper management decides to start up a new team to create visibility to their managers.
Best way to look at Microsoft and IT as a whole - take care of your own business, always have a positive attitude, don't burn bridges, be a great team player and have a great brand to stand on, seek to learn new things and offer to take on new projects and make those around you better.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good pay, great benefits
Cons
Job Security, Coworkers who are not team players
This a great place to work at. Culture is great, like a family away from family.
Network Support Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 12, 2016
Monitor a large network of devices from an operations room consistently investigating single server issues, service wide update bugs, to helping identify initial phases to cyber attacks.
Productive and Innovative Workplace
Consumer Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2016
Microsoft has a great work culture. I am always working to advance my career with Microsoft and or the Tech industry as that is where my passion lies.
Pros
Benefits and healthcare
Cons
Lack of Movement in the retail enviroment
Challenging, industry changing environment
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 9, 2016
Working in Microsoft IT (we touched ALL businesses, internal and external) was extremely satisfying and very challenging. Very challenging in the fact that we had to balance business x's needs against business y's needs all with a finite budget.
Pros
Massive scale
Cons
Too many managers

4.2