Microsoft
1,097 reviews

Microsoft Employer Reviews

Good place to work if you like managing yourself.
IT Program Manager, Supply Chain (Current Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, good perks.
Cons: Autonomous, no direction or feedback.
Nice surroundings, own office, and good perks. Manage your own schedule & work location, ie office vs. home.

Very autonomous, come and go without any interaction. Never see or hear from the boss, which can be good but ambiguous.
"Has been" company
SERVICE ENGINEER, SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Very good benefits although those are getting trimmed every year
Cons: Politics and favoritism
It used to be great company to work for but has been on steep decline for few years.
No longer good company to work for.
Overall it is best for people that like to be involved with politics and favoritism.
Good ideas are just ignored (especially if any action would be required from management) and only whatever makes the management look good is supported.
I was hopeful when Satya took over but it just became complete mess. He states his vision for Microsoft but otherwise it is not visible below him.
There is more worry among employees after recent lay offs. Those have crippled some teams and there is no rehiring in sight.
Great place to Net Work
Market Development Manager (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJMarch 23, 2015
Pros: net working
Cons: micro managed
A typical day of work consisted of traveling, training & Sales. The most enjoyable part of the job was the creativity. Creativity was one thing that was emphasized for me to use as a tool to use for trainings.
Evolving to the future with lots of cool opportunities, engineering culture still a work in progress
Program Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: smart people, great benefits package, free drinks, career/subject matter versatility
Cons: unpredictable rewards system, cronyism, inconsistent quality of senior leadership
If you want to impact people using technology in their lives and work, literally everywhere in the world, Microsoft is the best place to be. If you are entrepreneurial, this is a spirit that jives with the future direction of the company but current engineering culture is still figuring out how to embrace this spirit given the need to maintain and bring forward legacy products and processes. Microsoft is a work in progress, yet again.

A day in the life depends on what your role is, and many of us wear many hats. Expect to exchange opinions and take feedback, sometimes harshly delivered, on a regular basis. When you work on something important, which is most everything, there are always others who care deeply about getting it right and getting it out on time.

If you are lucky enough to interact with customers on a regular basis, expect to spend time trying to get their voices heard. This is more and more a value in the company and everyone will spend time on forums like UserVoice, Reddit, and other forums for direct customer and partner contact.

Some degree of politics and many layers of management in this huge company still make it hard to move and respond quickly even though there is a strong push towards One Microsoft. Top leadership at the company has the right ideas, some of the engineering leaders are better at technology, others better at product vision, some care a lot about people, some don't do as well in any of the above categories.

The benefits are amazing and the opportunities for learning endless. You can work on almost any kind of product and technology in – more... the software, services or devices world. The products coming soon are indicative of the evolving culture and business, but there is more work to do to make this an awesome place again, in tune with the rest of the industry.

If you want to work with some of the smartest people on the planet, build a great career and work on some of the coolest products of the future, MS is a good bet. You need to be wiling to put up with some big company irritations to get the big company rewards though. It is a great place for many, but not for everyone. – less
Decent company. Fun place to work.
LINUX Analyst (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Full time employee's were very busy. Spent time spinning my wheels waiting for them.
Microsoft is a good environment to work in.

They treat their contractors well and have great bus access to their campus. (Traffic to and from Redmond is terrible.)

They've got the best food I've ever seen in corporate America.
Consumer Product Advisor
Consumer Product Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2015
Pros: microsoft provides excellent benefits, training and development opportunities to its employees.
Cons: retail schedule.
As a Consumer Product Advisor you are talking to customers to determine what products or services will fit their individual needs. You are also responsible for educating customers on devices and software.
Build small parts of great things
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: benefits, compensation
Microsoft is a great company to work for, the culture is great, excellent compensation and benefits, enough flexibility for both vertical and horizontal movement. The big issue is individuals can feel irrelevant making small things in the big scope of products.
CBRE
Receptionist (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: 95 miles both directions to drive
I arrive here at 7:40am and start powering up the computer and unlocking the drawers.

Then look at the email to see if the admin or engineers have requested any conference rooms, emailed me names of guest that he/she may be expecting, or any food deliveries for that day.

Then I check the mail/copy room to see if it is stocked with the right amount of supplies, and copy machines have paper.

Next I begin to greet employee's walking in as I work on my projects that have been assigned to me by Admin.

I go to lunch and run errands.

Come back and continue to work like crazy.

When the day ends I lock up shut the computer down forward the phones and leave wish everyone a good night.

I have learned a lot over the years of being a receptionist. Some is from trial and error. Other information has been taught to me by Admin or co-workers. I have learned how to improve myself on Windows, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.

My co-workers are team players and are always there to assist me with anything that I may need to ask for help with.

The hardest part of my job is that I have become so popular here that I am given so many projects.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have made some life easier by taking on projects for them.
Good Place to work
Operations PM / Data Analyst (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 11, 2015
Nice Place to work. Good Work/Life Balance. Working environment is very good and your always get edge in learning new technology.
Going through a lot of changes
Program Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 11, 2015
Going through a lot of growing pains right now with the new leadership. Like other tough times, they will come out of it. Been with the company for 15 years.
Sr. Finance Manager - Retail (Current Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 8, 2015
Challenging, supportive place to work, great managers. Professional development, mentoring, well organized, great opportunities, flexible, positive work environment, able to work from home.
AJ's Fashion
Sales clerk at AJ's fashion (Former Employee), Garapan, SaipanMarch 6, 2015
Pros: free lunch
I been working at AJ's fashion as a sales clerk and a cashier for part time only, they opened at 1:00 in the afternoon and experienced so many things while working there.
"At Microsoft everyone is a salesman"
Senior Technical Account Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 5, 2015
Once you get in you hear that phrase a lot. I was disappointed with my experience there because that was not evident during the interview process. However once I got there it was obvious. I am not a salesman so I left the company.
Overall company doing well, local office being closed
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: money, stability, microsoft discounts
Cons: anti-linux culture remains, maybe better in the future.
My review will not be typical because our situation was special. We were purchased from Nokia and a year later we were to be laid off and the office closed.

It looks like the company is very good if you enjoy Windows. There's pleny of room for lateral moves and there are XBox and other discounts.

The health insurance is not so good because the deductible is $1500 per person. My 4 person family has a $3750 deductible. Essentially, this means the insurance doesn't really exist. Preventive Care is, however, covered 100%.
Alerwal very pleasant job experience
Business Analyst - Marketing (Current Employee), Redmond WashingtonMarch 4, 2015
Enjoyed working on this projects. Very positive experience with the manager and the team. Great place to grow and learn new things.
Multiculturalworkplace
Senior Network Engineer - GNS Core Engineering (Current Employee), Redmond WAMarch 3, 2015
It's a very challenging and great to work for Microsoft. Improvement and self-consciousness are the drivers to achieve quality work on daily basis.
Excellent place to work
Returns and Fulfillment Operations Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 3, 2015
A very dynamic environment with priorities changing to follow demand. Co-workers are very supportive with a small team atmosphere in many of the work groups.
Lot to learn here !!
Program Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 3, 2015
Joined Microsoft recently and I am exposed to able to learn most advanced technologies and work with most competent team.
Typical Day
OSOC SERVICE ENGINEER - Full Time (Current Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 2, 2015
Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems, hardware and software, for related infrastructure to ensure Service Level Agreements and Quality of Services are maintained for OSG Services.
Provide support through incident management software to monitor/restore service operations as quickly as possible, as well as minimize impact to services, clients, and the end user.
Responsible to resolve/escalate issues to Service Engineering Teams, communicate advisories; risks to service, service disruptions, and outages to teams responsible for public communications. Maintain working relationships with partner groups during service disruptions and outages.
Very fun and intriguing place to be
Product Advisor (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Work was always entertainingly fun and the day was always interesting. Management and my co-workers were the most amazing people I've ever met. Hardest part of the job was trying to deal with the rush hour. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with all the customers and teach them things that I can teach myself

1 2 3 4 5

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more

Microsoft Salaries