Microsoft
1,012 reviews

Microsoft Employer Reviews

That environment is simple
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 26, 2015
As contractor, it is simple to work there. You only requirement is finishing the assigned project. You do not need on call, you do not need answer frequently wrong calls from outside, like I meet in Wells Fargo.
Great place to develop a career
Game Designer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: money, variety, advancement for some, amenities
Cons: just a number, no real job security, competitive environment at all costs
Most of the jobs and work at Microsoft are very rewarding with great people to learn from and opportunities for advancement.

The company is huge, so there are many roles a person could perform, and changing roles periodically is actually encouraged.

However, even with the new management in place, the review model is not good and promotes competition over cooperation. For some people that is preferred, but it detracts from creating a healthy team and company culture.

Ultimately, everyone is a number, and the size of the corporation can undermine the value of people. Some teams are better than others and the quality of the team managers makes all the difference.
working env
Software Consultant (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJanuary 23, 2015
good working environment and management very helpful. And its good learning for beginners too.
Solid company to work for
Program Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJanuary 23, 2015
good pay and overall good place to work. Can e tough to get things done because of the many hoops and ladder.
Good Place to Work
Product Advisor (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJJanuary 22, 2015
At Microsoft I learned a lot of different things that will benefit me in my future. I would come in, clock in, and hit the sales floor. Weekdays were very light and weekends were busy. Hardest part of the job was selling services with computers. Most enjoyable was my team and the fun we had.
Great fun working with the evengelist "brainiacs" at Microsoft DX TED!
Ops, Culture & Communications, Event Planner (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great people - smart, with an evangelical twist!
Cons: my contract ended!
Really enjoyed my time with DX TED, as it was a fairly new org, with a ton of chaos and creativity happening. I was able to draw everyone in to the task at hand, and got a reputation for being able to "herd cats"! I planned events for anywhere from a few people, to 150+, and supported the 150 evangelists around the world by being the lead on culture and communications, and producing the monthly newsletter.

My management chain was awesome. I had the freedom and autonomy to get the job done, but had the support and assistance, as needed.
Great Company
Account Manager/ Inside Territory Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Generated pipeline opportunities in existing accounts and new market targets among approximately 1,000 named Upper Mid-Market (200 to 1000 PCs) accounts. The focus was growing the Mid-Market accounts that were primarily a select license and or open license to a more cost effective way on saving money and unifying their licenses one platform which is an Enterprise agreement.
Fun place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee), RedmondJanuary 21, 2015
One of the best company to start your carrier. Policies are awesome.
Microsoft
Software Test Analyst (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good environment to work with
Awesome client to work with.
I have learned about various Operating systems and their inner details . Also i have learned about testing the service packs which would get installed on Various OS of Windows. We also had a chance to work directly at Client location at Offshore which gave us a very good experience.
productive nice to work
Escalations Support (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Typical day I would help customers place orders online. I learned to be open to new things and how to work with out been micromanaged. Hardest part of my job is when the company tells us to ask if we have questions but get upset when we ask questions. Most enjoyable part of my job is solving the issue the customer had.
Fun enviornment
Program Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WaJanuary 20, 2015
Fast pace environment. Friendly co-workers and flex-work arrangements. Deadline driven company with lots of exciting projects.
Microsoft Retail Stores
Specialty Store Manager (Former Employee), Mid-westJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor comunication of strategic vision
Fantastic benefits, Amazing Channel vice president. HR on retail side needs improvement. Not a lot of communication and things get missed when hiring new personal.
Dont waste your time
Product Advisor (Former Employee), Corte Madera, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: advancement opps.
This is not worth the time to just get "Microsoft" on your resume or LinkedIn. Company promotes from within which is great except it based off of you gender and race. A lot of people above you are not as qualified and may lean on you to help them and they are making 20-25% more than you.
In a transition period
Senior Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good compesenation and benefits package, exciting technologies, opportunity to be change agent
Cons: company is behind in many categories, slow to innovate and be first
Microsoft was a fabulous company to work for during the high growth periods. Ideal for a work hard/play hard person and the total compensation and benefits were awesome. The company is in a transition/re-invent period currently. Seems corporate direction and strategy is going in the right direction but re-orgs and manager changes can slow personal growth. Legacy has often limited ability to innovate. Its a great opportunity to get large, global corporate experience.
Enjoyed Working for MS, Despite Technical Challenges, Layoffs
Content Publisher (Contract) (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: terrific working environment, decent compensation, good work/life balance
Cons: lack of security or opportunities for advancement
I enjoyed going in to work every day at MS. My unit's supervisor zealously guarded the life/work balance for those under their supervision, We were always having to overcome technical hurdles resulting from software bugs or mis-communications among contractors. This helped ensure that the job never got boring. Day to day, the hardest part of the job involved waiting for the publication cycle to complete so that we could correct a mistake that we had already identified but which was still in the process of publishing. The other hardest part was when the assignment was cut short less than halfway through the contract by layoffs affecting our entire job category. This was had been impossible to plan for and proved extremely jarring to everyone's finances.
Great place for devices and expereinces
Human Resources Manager - Microsoft Stores (Former Employee), Redmond, WA (Field Based on the East Coast)January 15, 2015
No day was ever the same, a fast paced results focused environment. I learned the importance of technology in making life and work - WORK. Keeping the team a priority (I worked in the Retail division) for each customer experience. Finally, Operational excellence and functional expertise are always your keys to success.
Vendor Support @ Microsoft
Regional Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: flexibility, family orientated
Cons: being a vendor can't take advantage of all the benefits of a fte
I've been in a vendor support role for some time while supporting the Microsoft client. I've been fortunate enough to have support three different parts of the organization while gaining insights, skills and knowledge in field marketing.
Being Microsoft is a pioneer of many technologies and solutions employees have the privilege to utilize the technology, and one of the most convent and flexible is being able to work from home/being mobile.
I feel very privileged to have worked with some of the most intelligent, passionate and driven individuals in the world. Regardless of role, i have learned so much from understanding "big business," budgets, event and campaign planning and management.
Although, I enjoy my work life, there are times where things get frustrating, mostly around reporting and being sure we are actuarially forecasting and reporting our commitments.
Great learning environment and upward mobility
Group Manager Events and Seminars (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: best learning environment and worked along side some of the smartest people in the world
Cons: hard to manage family life, raise children as single parent and maintain my daily schedule.
Challenges every day regardless of the role I played. Loved solving them. Team development was one of the best parts of my day. I learned like I was in college only with real world results. Loved my co-workers, generally had great management role models. Loved to travel and work internationally. Continually stretched and motivated to do more.
Stepping Stone
Legal Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 14, 2015
Microsoft has taught me skills that will carry with me through out the rest of my life. They've taught me how to work in a corporate environment. I've learn the tools to be a great administrate assistant. Working in the legal department has been a great experience.
Great place to learn, develop career and have flexibility
HR Manager (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: benefits, people, culture, growth opportunities
-had managers who care and have helped me gain opportunities to grow my skills and experiences quickly
-consistently challenged
-allowed me to work from home when needed
-incredibly smart people who are dedicated to driving the business forward and making the world a better place
-love the dedication to giving back, that is company wide

1 2 3 4 5

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more