Microsoft Employee Reviews

Found 2,159 reviews matching the search
Competitive environment with lots of backstabbing
Senior Manager, Sales & Operations Planning (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 19, 2017
The culture is extremely competitive with teams throwing each other under the bus in order to win. Management is extremely passive aggressive and prefers to hire "yes" men.
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
No work/life balance
Not good
technology solution professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
lake of management skills. employees are very stressed an they require a lot of work extra . career path is very slow and the potential to grow is hard.
Productive and fun experience
Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 17, 2017
This is a great company who focuses on the employs to succeed in their roles. The management is great! There's a lot of culture and as well as the company follows their values
Productive & Challeging place to work for.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 17, 2017
Everyday would be different with its own challenges and solutions.
The team was wonderful to work with, Very highly qualifies associates and the CELA group was a very fast paced group.
Great company overall
Executive Business Administrator (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 16, 2017
I've spent 17 years at Microsoft. It's been an amazing place to work with great benefits. Over the years it has gotten more cut throat and stressful but you get paid well for what you do.
Pros
Benefits, salary, work-life balance
Cons
Zero support for career growth
Change
Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 16, 2017
I need a change as my timing now don't match as before and also some manager are not decent enough to work with at Microsoft commons building so I am looking for a day job to start from morning 7 to 4pm only as I work elsewhere at 5 pm onwards
Innovative and Competitive
Partner Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Trinidad & TobagoSeptember 15, 2017
This work environment prepares you for everything. Its such a competitive environment that sometimes you forget that you are all working towards one goal. The people however are diverse and you meet some great people.
Pros
Training Programs
Cons
Long Work hours
overall good experience
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 14, 2017
Good work-life balance. The dynamic and challenging work environment pushes everyone to stay on top of the current technology. Safe environment for everyone.
wowing our customers
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 13, 2017
Working for Microsoft I am able to build a customers confidence in choosing the right product for either their business or for personal use. I was able to move up in a different role in a year, and I was able to build a foundation for my family, and the company by generating revenue for the company.
benefits
Cons
work life balance
Great Pay & Benefits but can be cut throat
Senior Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Microsoft has some of the best benefits in the industry. The people are all super smart. However, the culture of "stack ranking" still exists and your manager can either make or break you.

A good manager may get promoted quickly and his team recognized. But if you are a high performer for a poor manager you may get lost in the mix.
Pros
World class benefits
Cons
Bad manager may lead to a bad career
Exciting and quick paced team
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 13, 2017
I was a contracted Program Manager for a team that churned out multiple proof-of-concepts per year. It was exciting, challenging, and fun. The team was highly functional and a blast to work with.
Worked as a "permatemp" years ago
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 13, 2017
I worked at Microsoft from 1996 to 2000 as a "permatemp" or contract employee that never goes full time. It was a good way to get my foot in the door and begin a career in software testing. The experience was valuable. However, I also felt like contract employees were looked down on and not treated as well as the "permanent" employees, so I can't exactly call it a five-star experience.
Microsoft
Search Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 13, 2017
Microsoft is a diverse company with a lot of opportunity. Coworkers are educated and driven. Great place to work in a challenging, exciting environment.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Competitive
Partner Technology Strategist (new management) (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 13, 2017
The people are helpful. The networking opportunities are plentiful. The work culture is balanced and benefits are exceptional. Change is happening daily. Have to be flexible.
A good place to work
Senior IT Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 12, 2017
All in all, Microsoft is a good place to work. Every team has it's issues and different organizations are like different companies, but with common workings.
Good company
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 12, 2017
There are many different jobs, roles and groups. But increasingly, the jobs are becoming more technical. Contract jobs now have an 18 month limit, with a 6 month break required.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Competitive
Overworked, Underappreciated, and Very Politcal (associated with right groups/teams)
Senior Manager, Finance (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 12, 2017
Microsoft seemed like the perfect place before I started as an FTE. Unfortunately, I was transferred to a different group after only ten months because of a department-wide restructuring and was moved into a terrible situation. My job quickly went from being a great place to work to being a terrible place to work, all within a very short time frame.

Others had similar experience to me. If I could get back to a group like where I started, maybe I would change my mind about leaving. But my team won't let me change groups and the quality of life just isn't there.

Thus, I am now searching for another place to work.
Pros
Not many ...
Vendor (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 12, 2017
Great work life balance ! Lot of innovations happening happening!! Lot of support for people who are willing to put in hard work . Sometimes it is hard to see the clear picture with the ongoing changes but that is part of IT industry..
Okay
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 11, 2017
When you are in Microsoft your work/life balance is very hard to manage. Too much stress comes and you will not get paid that much. But it is good environment and you learn a lot.
Operations Launch Program Manager, OEM Operations (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 11, 2017
Microsoft is overall a great place to work. They place value on work/life balance. However, this is not true across all teams as some are more flexible than others. I would try to understand the culture of a team of interest before accepting a job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2