Microsoft Employee Reviews

Found 1,653 reviews matching the search
Productive Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 7, 2016
I have enjoyed working on a managed contract at Microsoft. The people I work with are deeply committed to making the cloud and enterprise tools for the Seller community the best they can be.
A unique and highly educational experience!
Windows Surface QA - Battery Division (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 6, 2016
Working at Microsoft was an amazing experience. I got to see some of the latest and greatest computer technology, and learn from experts who have worked in the fields of business and computer technology for decades. However, while the schedule was flexible, I always felt like there were unspoken expectations to work far longer hours than previous jobs I've had.
Premier Field Engineer
Senior Premier Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 6, 2016
Working as a Premier Field Engineer gives you great opportunities to work with multiple companies ranging in size from VERY Small to ones at the top of the list of the Fortune 100 list.
Pros
Free soda when in a MSFT Office
okay place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 5, 2016
This is a very, very corporate environment to work in. Managers tend to be uptight and don't spend time with lower level managers and have a chip on their shoulders. Outside of the group people are awesome
Pros
free drinks
Cons
nothing
Helpful co workers and managers.
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 5, 2016
During my time as an intern I was provided all of the tools and support I needed to gain more knowledge and experience. I learned how to write an FSD, create and deliver presentations to management to explain the value of my work and the necessary technical skills to complete my project.
Great workplace
Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 5, 2016
It was pleasure to work with Microsoft professional employees who had started at Microsoft from early 1990s and were experts of Windows Internals.
Great Place to work- Successful only as good as your Manager's support
SDM (Current Employee) –  NCDecember 2, 2016
Microsoft is a great place to work- the pay is good, the benefits are good, too.

What is difficult is the opportunity for advancement. If you have any scarce skills and are placed on a team that knows very little, then you're to fend for yourself with little to no help from management.
Pros
GREAT benefits and pay
Cons
Little room for advancement to new challenges
Great Company but still lot of burocracy
Demand Planning Manager XBOX - LATAM (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 1, 2016
Old way of working of save your skin and compete with each other is going away but very in a very slow pace. lots of flexibility and some work life balance but you will have lot of pressure and sense of not doing it right even when you are doing it right...changes are constant and that's can worn you out.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 1, 2016
Dynamic but relaxed team environment. Always challenging and fun, and populated with some of the best professionals from around the world.
Great company
SharePoint Developer/Team Foundation Server Admin (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 1, 2016
A lot of learning, very good work culture. Excellent environment. Enjoyed working on the SharePoint team developing and handling TFS administrator part.
fun and high energy place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 27, 2016
Greet customers as they walk in the store while asking if there was something specific or pointing out the different sections of the store.
Interacted with several customers and co workers on a daily basis as well as cleaned, organized and restocked product on the floor.
Microsoft is fantastic place to work
Senior Manager, Business Programs (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 22, 2016
You can change careers multiple times without needing to change companies. The compensation and benefits are outstanding, and the culture rewards delivery and innovation.
Great company to work for!
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Natick, MANovember 18, 2016
I have been with Microsoft for almost 4 years. The company treats their employees (myself included) very well. Schedule flexibility is great, hourly wage is manageable, and the overall energy and support that other employees give out makes the retail environment a lot more manageable.
Pros
compensation, work environment, benefits
Microsoft Retail
Customer Experience Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2016
Microsoft has an amazing company culture all the way to it's retail sector. Great room for advancement, lots of talented people and awesome culture and work environment.
Great compensation and benefits but horrible management
Business Program (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WANovember 16, 2016
Microsoft benefits and compensation is one of the best, but unfortunately it has a horrible culture of work politics. Hard work is not appreciated, but ability to make relationship with utmost importance. Basically ignore any emails from peers and people below and only spend time to do bare minimum for your job. Focus your time on your skip level and director/VP level. The more face time you have with them the better your review will be regardless of your work. Annual review system is basically a popularity contest with your higher up with the most say. Microsoft is a large company, I am not sure if it was just the department I was in. I would like to work there again one day but not in the same department to see how other parts of the company is like.
Pros
Great benefits and compensation
Cons
Horrible management and review system
it was a fun productive place
Call Center Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 15, 2016
troubleshoot calls for customers and help them be able to locate products, customer love when I do the first part of my call. I was very upset when the acct was shut-down
Pros
health care
Cons
nothing
Losing its way
Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WANovember 14, 2016
Despite a great transformation thus far, the company does not do a good job retaining great employees and has lost quite a bit of great talent this year.
Great People
Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2016
Very smart and awesome people. Teams looked after each other and did what needed to be done for the customer. Very thankful for my time there and always rooting for them.
Review
Marketing and Operations Lead for Latin America (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 10, 2016
Microsoft is a great place to develop your professional career for full-time employees. Beyond the impact employees get to make on customers is the impact they make on the community. Perhaps the most unique aspect of the workplace is the emphasis we place on social responsibility and giving back to the community.
Great Company
Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILNovember 10, 2016
Microsoft treats their employees with great respect. The company provides excellent benefits. Fun people, great atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2