Microsoft

Microsoft Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
SDET, Analytics and Presentation Services (Current Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 29, 2014
A typical day work is facing lot of complex issues to solve and brain storming with the team to solve the same.
Contract Employee
Contractor at Microsoft (Former Employee), Boulder, COSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free soda....
Cons: no vacation, no benefits, no sympathy
Do not be taken into contract with Microsoft, unless you are prepared for a break neck pace, poor compensation for your effort and to be lost in the wood work as you are only going to be an expendable item in the large machine. If you plan to perform better then everyone else, don't, you'll be removed by politics and back channeling that will result – more... in your ultimate cancellation, if you are looking for experience? you wont find much mindless tasks will be provided for you until you are eventually made obsolete by programing.

Personally I recommend finding something your comfortable with, and that will pay off more then this job, because Microsoft wants you for the least amount of money possible and no they do not want to build a relationship with you. – less
Outstanding leader in Software
Servicing Program Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 29, 2014
Outstanding place to refine your project management skill set. I triage and determined the best course of action for many releases. I also built out two major labs for testing and build purposes.

Smart, dedicated and diligent co-workers who enjoyed a serious challenge.
Fun place to work with
Program Manager II (Former Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 29, 2014
Learn a lot about technologies, obtained SCRUM certifications.
I like productive and fun place.
Software Design Engineer in Test (Former Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 29, 2014
What I would to my typical work place was scrum meeting since everybody talked about the project we can discuss about issues and how to resolve it, those the team solve issues easily.
Management Review
Developer / Contract Auditor (Former Employee), Reno, NevadaSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: accountable
Cons: timely
My experience management has been of a large benefit to me in both the private and public sectors. In private industry such as in manufacturing, engineering and entertainment, turning a profit was the bottom line in budget process. While in state government revenue was not a consideration.
Although the kinds of budgets used were usually unique to that – more... organization or business. – less
A place for learning opportunities
GFS/MSG - Sr. Program Manager/Feature PM (Current Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great peers and collegues that share your passion, technical drive and geekness
Cons: difficult or good ole boy management structures preventing growth, visibility and reward in the environment.
Microsoft is a great company with tons of folks highly passionate about their area, technology, pushing the envelop, etc. Microsoft is in a major change that seeks to and I believe will long-term, improve the culture, quality and execution of Microsoft solutions and services in the mobile-first, cloud-first arenas.
Exciting challenges with enormous resources and smart people
Director Marketing Communications (Current Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 25, 2014
Microsoft is an exciting company to work at and the new CEO is making all the right moves to take the company in the direction it needs to go.
fun place to work amazing people nice product
Software Design Engineer in Test (Former Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 25, 2014
nice product
Good place to work if you know how to navigate the political field
Principal Development Lead (Former Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: no job security, bad management
At slightly higher levels, e.g. Lead level, it becomes all about who you please and project yourself to. You need to know the political arena and be willing to play in it.
worst company I have ever worked for
Software Developer in Test (Former Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 24, 2014
Dishonest, management sucks. Managers hire friends with no skills.
Edge of technology
Principal Quality Engineer Lead (Current Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 24, 2014
As with all high tech companies, technology is the heart of Microsoft. Experience is based on management and I have had good and bad managers, but overall it is a great place to work.
Better Workplace with Microsoft
Consumer Windows & Office Support Development (Current Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 24, 2014
Knowledge of .Net Framework, Garbage Collection, TCP/IP, Active Directory, WCF, WPF, UI Automation, coded UI, serialization/deserialization, accessibility
Program Manager
IT Service Engineer/Program Manager Intern (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 23, 2014
Best place I worked till date. Ii was a completely new role. I put in a lot of effort and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Overall great place to work
Product Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 23, 2014
Great co-workers, the work is good and so is work/life balance
Good pay but sacrificed work life balance
Sr. Finance Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: decent pay, good benefit
Cons: very competitive
Depending on the role, you may have work life balance before Satya took over. Given recent reorgs and layoffs, nobody there can enjoy work life balance anymore
Innovative company and Amazing team
Senior Manager, Product Management (Current Employee), Redmond WASeptember 21, 2014
Microsoft is a great company to wok for. The company continue to Innovative and has Amazing team world-wide.
Not so great for non-technical positions
Web Analyst (Former Employee), Bellevue, WASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: free drinks, nice building, benefits
Cons: low pay, no opportunity for advancement
I had to work alongside 24-year old SDE's and PM's who would riding around on scooters and attend meetings all day. These guys made loads of money for barely any work. As a web analyst, I was making Seattle minimum wage. Despite this, I took the job thinking I'd find opportunities to learn about the technical side of things, or that there'd be room – more... for advancement. Boy was I wrong. My team and I were expected to pump out numbers at an unsustainable rate, and if your numbers were lagging for more than a week, you'd be quietly taken aside and canned. On the plus side, the facilities were amazing, the food was great, and there were always nice little perks like free, quality office supplies and beverages. – less
Life at MSFT
IT Test Lead (Former Employee), Issaquah, WASeptember 19, 2014
Starting back in the mid 1990's, working the for company as a contractor was challenging and very rewarding. The leadership was strict yet back then the products produced were history makers. I left MSFT in 2007 after working a fte role. The manager and group were really good. But they were outsourcing the entire projects to Hyderabad and my chances – more... in keeping employment were not good. So I left and went back to contracting.

Recently I interviewed for some testing roles offered on contract and found the groups way too extreme. Unrealistic with working hours and expectations seemed overboard. Thus change in management through the years caused poor work environment. Developers now must sit in a room at small desks with 30 other engineers. Not a very good place to build the next best software solutions! – less
Learned a lot about cutting edge technology
Administrative Assistant - Contracts (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: beautiful office in cambridge a lot of free food
Cons: was temp position
Maintaining Sales Directors Calendars
Many special projects
Great people in management
Learning all the new technology that was part of the job
The people

1 2 3 4 5

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more