Microsoft
1,018 reviews

Microsoft Employer Reviews

Great place for devices and expereinces
Human Resources Manager - Microsoft Stores (Former Employee), Redmond, WA (Field Based on the East Coast)January 15, 2015
No day was ever the same, a fast paced results focused environment. I learned the importance of technology in making life and work - WORK. Keeping the team a priority (I worked in the Retail division) for each customer experience. Finally, Operational excellence and functional expertise are always your keys to success.
Vendor Support @ Microsoft
Regional Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: flexibility, family orientated
Cons: being a vendor can't take advantage of all the benefits of a fte
I've been in a vendor support role for some time while supporting the Microsoft client. I've been fortunate enough to have support three different parts of the organization while gaining insights, skills and knowledge in field marketing.
Being Microsoft is a pioneer of many technologies and solutions employees have the privilege to utilize the technology, and one of the most convent and flexible is being able to work from home/being mobile.
I feel very privileged to have worked with some of the most intelligent, passionate and driven individuals in the world. Regardless of role, i have learned so much from understanding "big business," budgets, event and campaign planning and management.
Although, I enjoy my work life, there are times where things get frustrating, mostly around reporting and being sure we are actuarially forecasting and reporting our commitments.
Great learning environment and upward mobility
Group Manager Events and Seminars (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: best learning environment and worked along side some of the smartest people in the world
Cons: hard to manage family life, raise children as single parent and maintain my daily schedule.
Challenges every day regardless of the role I played. Loved solving them. Team development was one of the best parts of my day. I learned like I was in college only with real world results. Loved my co-workers, generally had great management role models. Loved to travel and work internationally. Continually stretched and motivated to do more.
Stepping Stone
Legal Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 14, 2015
Microsoft has taught me skills that will carry with me through out the rest of my life. They've taught me how to work in a corporate environment. I've learn the tools to be a great administrate assistant. Working in the legal department has been a great experience.
Great place to learn, develop career and have flexibility
HR Manager (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: benefits, people, culture, growth opportunities
-had managers who care and have helped me gain opportunities to grow my skills and experiences quickly
-consistently challenged
-allowed me to work from home when needed
-incredibly smart people who are dedicated to driving the business forward and making the world a better place
-love the dedication to giving back, that is company wide
Fun place to work
Senior Learning & Development Program Manager (Former Employee), RedmondJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good culture
Cons: beaurecratic
Fun place to work but hard to stay on the same page as management.
Productive workplace with great environment and opportunity for contribution and advancement.
Incentive Compensation Data Analyst (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJanuary 9, 2015
Microsoft has a great opportunities, smart, fun people to work with and a tremendous chance to learn and become a professional.
Fun place to be in while learning a lot at the same time
Software Development Engineer in Test (Former Employee), Issaquah, WAJanuary 7, 2015
It is a great company to work for with lot of technical skills to learn. Great team members.
Productive and very well cultured
FT4 Support Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Excellent co-workers who are driven to succeed. Only main issue is the contract, and you do not know the exact date of when they will end the contract.
Leveraged Service Delivery Model
Account Delivery Executive (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: highly leveraged delivery model
Cons: very dependent on service partners
Progressive service delivery model with driving focus to the cloud.
Good company and great location
Microsoft Exchange Engineer (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TXJanuary 5, 2015
It was situated in Irving, Texas and a perfect location between home and Dallas. All in all, I would work there again if I had the opportunity and was into Microsoft software.
Productive Working Environment
Customer Service/Order Management Specialist (Current Employee), Mira Loma, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: i love my hours.
Cons: no room for growth
My hours are from 6am to 2:30pm. I work inside of an office to where I set up work for the employees outside. I respond to all emails sent from customers and Microsoft. I learn something new using the PKMS almost every week. I would give management here 5 out of 10. My co-workers are some of the coolest people I know. The hardest part of my job is taking the blame for some one else's mistakes. The most enjoyable part is not having to be micro managed.
Too competitive / poor management
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJanuary 2, 2015
It's Microsoft, so you work with loads of smart people. But, it's very competitive and my group was very poorly managed. I had no interest in staying longer than a year.
Summary
Support Engineer / Experienced Lead Developer (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: n/a.
Cons: n/a.
The environment is very relaxed and it is a adult friends atmosphere.
Exposure to many different technologies and opportunities to dive deeply
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 27, 2014
Pros: benefits, diverse businesses, flexibility, & civic minded.
Cons: top heavy, very very big.
• Benefits - time off, stocks, health care, company store products.

• Diverse businesses - you can find many cultures across teams, many areas to focus on, different work life balance.

• Flexibility - generally, doing your work and doing it well, regardless of where you are doing it from, is all that is expected.

• Civic minded - the company's Giving Campaign with the 100% matching fund and interest in giving back to community.
A great place for people passionate about technology
Senior Datacenter Solution Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXDecember 27, 2014
Microsoft is in the middle of reinventing itself and this is a great place to be if you are looking for the opportunity to make your mark.
Depends on what you're looking for
Program Manager (Current Employee), RedmondDecember 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits + compensation
Cons: too political
Not organized, management needs training, unable to prioritize, take on too much.
Great Company to work for!
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WADecember 22, 2014
Really enjoyed my time at Microsoft. You have a chance to work with bright people from all over the world. Work life balance is good as well.
Great learning experience!
SharePoint Technical Lead (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLDecember 20, 2014
This is a contracted position and therefore the salary leaves something to be desired but great company to work for. Great group of people and a great learning environment.
Was laid off because of age.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Seatlle, WADecember 18, 2014
I worked there 3 years and was promoted to Area Manager. Within a year was laid off because of my age. Couple of weeks later learned my replacement was 20 years younger.

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more