Microsoft

Microsoft Employee Reviews

Found 1,105 reviews matching the search
Productive and Fun workplace
Service Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 12, 2016
Very friendly managers and co workers. They treat interns as full time employees and are given tons of responsibility.
Work life balance is very good.
Pros
Free Sodas
Cons
No Free Lunch
I call this place a family
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 12, 2016
A Monday through Friday work schedule environment, that comprises meeting goals and targets set for each projects. Despite the busy schedules, team building, games and refresher courses contribute to maintain the family bond that has been established at EGS/Microsoft
• Good understanding of Star Schema and Snow flake schema (SSAS)
Incentives, Benefits, Cloud and Partner (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 12, 2016
• Actively involved with the front end .net developers as a part of a team for gathering and analyzing the needs of User Requirement.
• Modified existing database to fit new business requirement by adding tables and relationships to support Customer Information System
Excellent culture with very accessible management.
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA and Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2016
The management team over SKYPE and Xbox (Live, Music, One) were very open to letting the PM run with the role resulting very high ratings and continuity.
Contractors are treated poorly
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 11, 2016
I was expecting more from a great company. The upper management treats its contracting workers like slaved labor. Beware of the Las Colinas location
Great enviornment
Sales Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 11, 2016
I enjoy working here, however, I am seeking a more challenging position. I am currently in a telesales position with Microsoft. This is a great company, however it quickly becomes very monotonous.
Server deployment and maintenance
Data Center Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boydton, VAJanuary 10, 2016
Required a daily review of tickets that included the deployment, installation and maintenance of over 50,000 servers in one of the world's largest data centers
Fun to work
Web Application Tester/ Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 10, 2016
Excellent company to work with in and there is also special care taken about the employer.

Challenge environment and also day to day task is being given to the company
Great Learning Experience
Customer Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2016
With my 5 years plus with Microsoft, I have facilitated, trained, and created curriculums for different facets of the business- Technical support, customer service, business management, people development, and field training. When I was hired with Microsoft, there was so much ambiguity with the training for those different facets. I helped build a culture and foundation for not only current associates but future associates as well. It was all about adapting as we grew.
Pros
Great culture, benefits, and values
Cons
Work/ life balance can be a challenge
Team player
Support Escalations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Military focus to become a smarter person, to gain independency and work as a group with peers and comrads. Comrodity. Loyalty and achieve recognition.
Pros
Free housing and food
Cons
Government owned and cannot exit at your own time.
Tech Person's Dream
marketing manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 5, 2016
Do you love technology, want to stay in the Seattle area, and be able to have work life balance to raise a family? Then Microsoft is most likely going to be a good fit. If you get on a good team (and there are bad ones) you will find an amazing group of highly intelligent co-workers and all the perks of a Fortune 500 company.

It might not always be exciting work, but it is fairly stable and they have some of the best benefits around. A solid choice of employment.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Pay, Work Atmosphere
Cons
Not exciting work, lots of management changes, busy work
Respectful and spear head in technology place to work at, fun and very humane
Regional Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mexico CityJanuary 5, 2016
My experience at Microsoft has been one of the best so far, and I have been blessed with a team and a boss that do know the meaning of team work and colleague respect. The only bad thing about working here is that finding a better place gets really tough.
Pros
Super flexitiliy
Cons
Not too many benefits
Great Place to Work
SENIOR SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 5, 2016
New direction is positive. Cloud computing is growing and the current business model aligns to that. A lot of flexibility in daily schedule. Ability to run your own business
Productive and fun workplace with
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 4, 2016
I usually start work around 8:30AM and finish around 5PM. The core business hours are between 10AM - 4PM where most of the meetings are scheduled. This makes work/life balance good. It is one of the best learning place and learned a lot from my job and co-workers.
Loved working at Microsoft
Executive Administrative Assistant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 4, 2016
I enjoyed going into work everyday. Everyone for the most part was easy to get along with. I keep in contact with many of my co-workers. I was on contract for a year. I believe that's the only down side it. Once my contract was over they removed me and got someone else. Even though I worked hard for my team.
Business Administrator Legal & Corporate Affairs (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 4, 2016
Co-workers and management are exceptional. Work life balance is important to everyone there and management does everything possible to help with that.
great job love the work
Mobile Geographical System Information Analysis (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma, TXJanuary 3, 2016
all around best company and job ever!!it is a good job what more can i say had fun working made good money and had fun got to travel and see the country
Pros
free travel and hotels
Cons
away from home
Fun to work for
Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJanuary 3, 2016
Slow days are slow. Learned many skills from working there. The management team is always seeking and looking for advancement for you as an employee.
Many resources, and very enjoyable work environment
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJanuary 2, 2016
They many resources and encourages thinking outside the box. Great company to work for. I was given my own project, where I had to learn many things. But I always felt comfortable, no one was watching over my shoulder. I was able to thrive in this environment.
Amazing
Beta Tester (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCDecember 31, 2015
It was a amazing non-profit job to be apart of the past few years I was in the program even though I never had any contact with the people who ran it, it was my job to report bugs my message board and or email.
Pros
free demos
Cons
no pay