Microsoft
1,231 reviews

Microsoft Employee Reviews

Good work but difficult v- working conditions
Service Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 19, 2015
There are good managers, solid work and a nice campus. However, it can be challenging to be a vendor worker as seating is limited in some locations. You are frequently pushed out of offices to make room for full time employees and find yourself camping in the cafeteria in order to have access to the corporate wireless network and still have a place to sit.
Good place to work but not for long term
Product Advisor (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Benefits for part time
Cons: No opportunities for advancement
Great working environment but very limited on moving up in the company. Great co-workers and I learned a lot from the company.
SAP FI-CO Tester
SAP FI-CO Tester (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 17, 2015
• Analysis of business requirements, consulted with client on design, development and maintenance of FI-CO module to meet enterprise and business unit's expectations and business goals for various projects – more...
• Involved in AS-IS study, TO-BE analysis and gap analysis in Asset Accounting, Accounts Payable and General Ledger
• Prepared detailed test cases, created a test strategy to assist in leading and managing day-to-day test activities
• Documentation and periodic reporting for functionality review as well as module review
• Helped the training team to develop training material and documented the daily activities
• Lead off-shore team and guided them through all testing cycles
• Responsible for Managing Teams for System, Functional, Integration, Regression, Data Conversion/validation and Load Testing of different modules.
• Responsible for Functional Testing of Asset Accounting (FI-AA)
• Performed Regression testing during various phases of the application Using MTM
• Responsible for analysis of the results, reporting issues/problems via defect reports and status reports
• Involved in Testing Various SOX requirements.
• Performed Regression Tests for the entire FICO module in integration with the other modules before every rollouts and major releases to the production.
• Provided documentation for any new creation/change made to the system.
• Provided the necessary Training Documentation to the business users to pick up the knowledge to support post live. – less
good company but a few setback
Release Program Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 15, 2015
I had been working for Microsoft as a contractor for the past 9 years, as I can tell, contractor are treated like 2nd class citizen. Full time employee are treated pretty good, but pretty much all of them worked over 50 hours per week without any extra pay.
Stressful work with amazing pay and benefits
Program Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJune 10, 2015
Pros: amazing benefits, lots of independence, beautiful campus
Cons: stressful environment, management hierarchy
I worked with a great team of people. I loved the team I was on although I found the work environment to be somewhat stressful due to unclear expectations and unrealistic deadlines from higher management.
Security
Security Officer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJune 8, 2015
Pros: It was a great got to meet a lot of people.
Cons: Sometimes Blue Collar is not always great to work for...
Rover: Went to different buildings to allow people into their office.
Walking officer: Walked around campus and other satellite buildings to allow Microsoft Employees to enter rooms and buildings when – more... they lost or forgot their badges. Checking locked doors to make sure they are in great working order. Call in if something is not right with the doors. Making sure that people know we are there to assist them and not be someone’s babysitter.
Event Roving Officer: at the Safeco Field for a Microsoft event.
Security Dispatch Microsoft for 2 years: I was in charge of making sure that the Roving officers where dispatch to Microsoft Employee’s to help and assist in lockouts and issues with other Employees. Was at work on 9/11 where we had to call all Microsoft Satellite offices all over US and in Canada to make sure we had standing buildings. Monitor alarms and send out emergencies to the Rovers and Staff to a building that could have a fire or a false alarm and calling 911 if there is such – less
Good company at core trying to do the right thing and get back to basics. But is going to be very choppy for next 3-4 years.
Solution Manager and Global Process Owner (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJune 7, 2015
Pros: Go in if you want to do things at scale and have no previous experience in scaled organization.
Cons: Lots of politics that abstract the true goals of the company from the average worker
The company is going through an inflection point trying to move away from boxed product to cloud services. There are many factions trying to figure this out inside the company. And these factions don't always agree on direction or overarching principles. So for the next 3 or 4 years, the company will be going through significant chop trying to figure this all out.
Good
Program Manager, Corporate Finance & IT (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJune 6, 2015
Ok to work. Not sufficient transition to ramp up on new programs.No work life balance for vendors.]Vendor culture needs improvements.Zero job security . Mgmt is nto so great
This is a tough enviornment if you have feelings
Senior Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee), RedmondJune 3, 2015
I have been at MSFT since 2007, as an FTE and then as a contractor. This place does not care about you. The salary and benefits are good, but it can just be brutal.
Amazing development and Culture
Product Advisor/Teacher (Former Employee), KnoxvilleJune 3, 2015
Great team oriented environment. One thing I admired about the company was we talked about "strengths and OPPORTUNITIES" not weaknesses, there is always room to improve and this really increased morale. Amazing benefits, great networking and learning opportunities (free certifications!). Your future is up to you.
Live Video Sales Associate
Live Sales Associate (Current Employee), Issaquah, WAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Team Lead, Friendly Management
Friendly Sales environment where we do don't cold calling, our customers find us via the website for a live video chat and they have the option to talk with us or to type. Typically we get to talk with – more... everyone from all over the nation on a regular basis, have a good product knowledge and also learn about new products on the fly. The fast paced job keeps us busy and we keep up a good attitude. We deal with everything from sales to light trouble shooting for technical issues, being able to redirect in a very friendly, sympathetic/empathetic way.

Everyone is friendly and very understanding, we get a long, being a small team that started with just a handful of us for a project that was a pilot that is now going full time. – less
Fun place to work
Senior Premier Field Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJune 2, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere, friendly people, great experience
Cons: Management is pressured to keep a percentage of employees at a low review score
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Microsoft. Most people are friendly and eager to help. The training was great, both technical and professional courses. Travel was enjoyable as accommodations were made by the employee not an office looking to put you in the cheapest hotel/flight.

Benefits were the best for my first few years, the last few they became expensive.
Fun workplace with room for advancement
Product Advisor / Technical Support (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJune 2, 2015
Walking into work was always enjoyable. Well lit location, motivated co workers and fun environment. The hardest part was physically taking computers apart and repairing problems. The most enjoyable part was seeing the smiles on the customer faces.
Good team to work with, people are nice and responsive.
Operations Program Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 2, 2015
Good team to work with, people are nice and responsive. Fast paced and a solid drive for quality work. Overall a great experience.
Dynamic company to work for with honest and smart managers.
Finance Manager (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJune 2, 2015
Microsoft was a blast to work for. They have great benefits and the culture is great to. Fast paced work environment where we worked hard, but we also got to step back and take a break and play hard as well.
Great learning experience, very multi-faceted environment
Retail Support Program Manager (Current Employee), Issaquah, WaJune 1, 2015
Great learning experience, very multi-faceted environment. Ability to expand into other departments. Many connections can be made.
Professional, exccelent working environment
Automation Software Engineer in Test (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Professional environment. You can get your work done effectively. Good pay.
Cons: People not friendly across teams, compete because of job security, delivery pressure
Professional working environment. But you feel like you only know your team. Sometimes it is not very friendly across teams. Sometimes people are not helpful because of job security. Contractor is a contractor - rarely have a chance to join as a full-time staff. No advancement except you may get a raise in your pay-check. No benefits (stocks/shares)
Fun workplace that also has a serious side in order to make customers happy
Support Escalation Engineer (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 1, 2015
Typically I sit at my desk calling and emailing customers attempting to fix their various issues. That's generally the extent of my job. I"ve learned how to deal with all sorts of different personalities. My boss is not a very good leader and would rather adhere to the scare you policy. Hardest part of the job is making it through 9 hours while sitting in a chair.
Excellent compnay to work for.
Midwest Region Exec Sec & Field Mrktg Coord (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJune 1, 2015
I enjoyed the travel that I had to do for this company. I was able to go to Las Vegas and New Orleans for trade shows. The original company was based out of Montreal, Canada and I was able to visit twice during my time there.
Extremely smart employees - limited or no promotion
Business Analyst -SMSGR, ICS (Current Employee), Redmond, WAMay 31, 2015
Pros: Intelligent colleauges
Cons: Politics get in the way of job growth and business opportunities. Job security?
Growth and job security wise - very difficult and non-existent. No rewards and performance is inconsistently measured. Work and life balance is non-existent. However, employees are intelligent and well-rounded; in comparison to Amazon, there is a lot of flexibility despite the long hours

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's – Read more

Microsoft Salaries