Microsoft

Microsoft Employer Reviews

Past experience
Sr Consultant (Current Employee), Gainesville, VASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: learning new tecnologies
Cons: no work life balance
The work I have done in the past has helped companies create and Implement their Information Technology road map enabling them to focus on what they provide or sell as a company .
Productive Environment, Great Learning Environment
Senior Solutions Architect (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good breaks
Cons: very hard work
Long Days
Great Learning Environment
Good Management
Great People To Work With
Many Deadlines To Complete Work
Great
Financial Analyst III (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 27, 2014
Nice Company to work for overall. Organized and great to atmosphere.
Microsoft
Principle Solution Architect (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 27, 2014
Microsoft was a great experience and helped me built my knowledge and my leadership skills and understanding of global business..
Voted Best Place to Work 2014
Business Administrator LCA/Marketing (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 27, 2014
Fun energetic environment with people from all walks of life.
Lot's of opportunities to grow
Anonymous (Current Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free drinks; flexible work hours
I've spent many years at Microsoft and have a great deal of gratitude for the personal and professional growth I've experienced over the years. The culture is competitive and that got both good and bad attributes to it.
Flexible fostered analytical thinking
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, MAAugust 25, 2014
A comfortable work environment, coworkers encouraged new ideas as well as upper management
Flexible hours and a very welcoming environment
Work hard, customer focused, driven for success, how can I enable my Executives to be successful?
Administrative Assistant to the General Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: work hard/play hard mentality. we all get it done together for a win/win.
Cons: it's a challenge to schedule time off, but my executives have all endorsed time off and it is indeed enjoyed.
Each day is driven by the Executives calendar. I plan an entire fiscal year mapping to his/her Managers' Rhythm of the Business calendar. I schedule the Executives' calendar a year out and more to include typical meetings. This includes all of the work-back meetings to prep with Directs, to ensure no surprises or fire drills. We team together to ensure – more... the success of our Executive.

We work hard and play hard, to accommodate different work-styles and the work/life balance each person's schedule requires. From am to post work, to during work hours: 1) Brownbag meetings; 2) Morale events; 3) All Hands meetings, where our attendance includes global team members; 4) Mentor meetings; 5) Key Management meetings and work-back meetings so that there is significant work time blocked to hold these annual/semi-annual review meetings.

The most challenging job, where it happens at every company, is managing space. This is while ensuring seniority dates and manager requirements are respected and adhered to.
I've managed moves from 40-800 people, from 5 buildings into one building, and scheduled 6 months to a year out. Each move has been a success.

The most enjoyable part of my job is have my Executive and Team successful all up. Everyone loves coming to work and at the end of the day, everyone is a successful contributor and they feel a part of a work family. – less
Intelligent people but have to deal with politics
Business Analyst Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2014
People are very intelligent. However, lots of politics in this company.
great team
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 21, 2014
GPG is a great place to be. There are opportunities everywhere to learn. Lots of opoortunity for job advancement.
Loved what i did
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER ENGINEER IN TEST (Current Employee), RedmondAugust 19, 2014
Great place to work, unless they lay you off.

I had a lot of fun making a difference in the daily lives of billions of people through my test work on Windows.
Great company to work for and great pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Century City, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: uniform is great, management is great, pay and benefits are great
Cons: none that i can think of
Overall I would have to say this has been the best company I've worked for thus far. Can't think of anything negative to say just positive.
Fexible hours
Business Analyst/Data Analyst/ Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 17, 2014
Fun place to work. Great people. Co-workers very useful. A typical day at work started at 7am and ended at 3:30pm
Great company
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 15, 2014
Very fast paced environment. Always work beyond your means.
Good working experience at Microsoft/Nokia
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2014
Pros: always something new
Cons: continually shifting focus on what to work on
Good place to work. Quick paced, always something new. Very enjoyable
Interesting work
Geospatial Operator (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 14, 2014
The work I did with Insight Global/Microsoft was very interesting work especially with working with all the images that were given to me and the other people I worked with
N/A
HP/MS Frontline Alliance Manager (Current Employee), RedmondAugust 13, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: n/a
The most enjoyable part of working at Microsoft is that you are surrounded by very smart people and great technology. A big corporation can be a challenge as things move a little bit slower but it has the advantage that you can move jobs and still stay with the same company.
Relaxed yet competitive environment for self-starters
Thermal Test Engineer (Current Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 12, 2014
A great place for self-starters to do your own thing and be rewarded for it. The culture is very relaxed, and as long as you are getting your work done, no one cares how long you are at the office.
a typical day at work
Brand Mkt Manager (Former Employee), Mexico CityAugust 11, 2014
calls to wholesalers, strategize marketing for distributors, sales tools, training
MS
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 10, 2014
A lot of opportunities to have a big impact. The Quality-based discipline is now gone, being replaced by "software engineer". The new combined (dev/test/quality) position is much more focused on development and less on testing in an effort to become more "modern". Unfortunately, using the product and having the ability to represent the customer seems – more... to be loosing to greater technical and programming ability. Time will tell whether this results in higher quality products. – less

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more