Microsoft Employee Reviews

Too Many Layers Management
Diversity & Inclusion solid training
Coaching & Mentoring
Benefits
Cons
Too Many Layers Management
Microsoft - project spark
SENIOR VFX ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 30, 2017
This was an amazing chance to work with some of the industry's best talents. We had the full support of management to meet our productions goals and the end result was well received. I would recommend this production site to anyone who wants to challenge themselves and work with some of the most talented developers on the coast.
Pros
location and tools were amazing
Cons
a reliance on contractual employment can lead to a loss of production expertise.
Stay in Redmond
Learning & Development Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 29, 2017
Awesome place to grow your career, but much harder to do if you're not on the main campus in Redmond, or one of the main campuses like NERD, SVC, etc.
Pros
Great pay, OK benefits, great build culture
Cons
Zero perks for tech, Redmond centric
Amazing place to work
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 27, 2017
If you every have the chance, take it. Although its been years since I worked there, I have never, and sometimes fear, will never find an employer who was so great to work for.
I'd go back in a heart beat.
Pros
Almost everything, The work was demanding, but you were challenged at every turn
Cons
For me it was the demands of travel, I could have relocated, but it just wasn't in the cards.
Not for all
AssemblyTech (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJanuary 27, 2017
I worked through temp agent "Kelly" so my review might be different than others. Everything is discouraging except clean environment. Non-permanent employees are treated like trash. Uncertainty is a common word I can say. Monday 8 hours work, Tuesday no work then Wednesday 10 hours and Thursdays receives email "closed". It is not good place for temporary workers at all and Kelly Service does not treat fairly and equally. Be careful to work for Kelly. Some stations are fun to work and some are boring. Heavy pressure from lead and supervisor. Overall, I won't recommend to work as temporary employee. You will be promised long time contract but will be terminated shortly and irresponsibly. Hope innocent employees are saved from vicious staffing agent.
Pros
Cowokers
Cons
Staffing agent and comapany
productive and team and family enviroment
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 26, 2017
This was one of the best place i've ever worked at because i felt like i was home and enjoyed helping customers.The manager were not on top of you as other companies and gave me the freedom to do my job and help customers in giving them great customer service.
Pros
free sodas and snacks
Cons
weren't really attentive in moving people up in the workplace
Poor Management
Badging Officer & Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 26, 2017
As a Badging officer at Microsoft I was given additional tasks and duties of an Account Manager and with the rate I was given with only 40 hours a week wasn't worth it. I find it impossible if one was given badging duties for an entire division while being given account management duties with just eight hours in a day. If I were being compensated with a higher rate on salary I would've given a better opinion.
Pros
Steady Schedule
Cons
Compensation, Management, Organization, Leadership
Fun
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 25, 2017
It is a very fun and a very challenging environment.
You would have to be prepared and be enthusiastic
They do provide good benefits to employees.
A place you can start develop your career
Plan Design Incentive Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 25, 2017
in Microsoft I have been learning a lot as a new person just graduated from college. Flexible hours, Fun environment, open space workplace. Those are things I love the most about Microsoft.
Sr.Consultant
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 25, 2017
Management and Sr,consultant which • Interacted with the end-users to identify business requirements and gather the requirements for business logic fulfillment. Analysis and coding of the application
Great place to work with Great people
DELIVERY RESOURCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXJanuary 25, 2017
A very flexible work environment. Training on site, Great culture with great people who care about placing others in a position to succeed.
Pros
Business casual dress, flexible, good pay
Cons
lack work life balance
Hard to Be Remote
Program Manager II (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Great company, great benefits, but very difficult to stay engaged and involved when remote (if your team is all out of HQ).
Pros
Tons and tons of resources
Cons
Lots of meetings, not a lot of progress
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER IN TEST 2 (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 23, 2017
Microsoft has be a great place to work and as a Software Developer in Test for the last 18 years I have learned a lot. Good benefits package(Used to be Excellent benefits package), decent pay, and excellent co-workers.

With all the changes the last few years and the reduction of the test team I felt it was time to move on. I would still recommend it as a great place to work.

The environment is rapidly changing so not sure where they will end up, but they are still doing great things, so they I'm sure they will continue to do what is needed to retain great talent.

With the rapidly changing structure to the company, there are a lot of inconsistencies in processes and lack of reliable tools, but I am confident they will eventually settle and figure it out.
Pros
People, atmosphere, and benefits
Cons
unreliable internal tools and infrastructure.
Life at Microsoft
3CP MPP Governance Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 23, 2017
An excellent company to work for. Very passionate people and dedicated leadership team. The company has become one of the most innovative teach companies. The hardest part of the job is understanding how to navigate the organization.
Pros
Great work culture and leadership team
Cons
Work life balance can be a challange at times
Challenging and Exciting
TSP - Cloud Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2017
Strong company with a vision. Excellent benefits and overall compensation. Lots of politics and hard to balance life and work. Always lots of new things to learn
Software Development Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 22, 2017
Microsoft is a great place to work with lots of exciting opportunity. I highly recommend working for this company. It is a meritocracy where you get rewarded for what you produce; i.e. how much value you make for the company,
Always challenging but rewarding
Global Deployment Manager (VMC) (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJanuary 19, 2017
You are challenged everyday to grow yourself and the business. Great compensation and benefits. Culture is competitive but rewarding. Enjoyed my time here.
Pros
compensation
Cons
work life balance
Multi-cultural diverse work environment
International Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 19, 2017
I had worked in the International team for many years and had great opportunity to learn many different cultures and people from all over the world. It was always busy since I was not only working with people in the same time zone but also managing the team in overseas. Achieving the goals with various teams was always hardest part of the project but at the same time that was the most fun and rewarding part of the project.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay
Cons
work-life balance depending on job
Nice Campus, but don't get comforable
Technical Writer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 18, 2017
Nice co-workers, but they didn't get too close as you might not be there next year.
Worked with the latest technology.
Expected to be there whenever anything was going on.
Productive and Fun Work Place Environment
Consumer Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Microsoft is very supportive with being flexible with scheduling, working with students and making sure they are being and feel supported. Microsoft also cares for their employees, benefits are outstanding for part-time and full-time. Coming into work is so exciting for me, were one big family!
Pros
Benefits, Advancement, Build Experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2