Microsoft

Microsoft Employer Reviews

An unprofessional organization with people fighting in the halls.
Manager - Senior Manager Market Research (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: toxic culture
Literally on my 2nd day on the job two co-workers were having an argument about who through whom under the bus. It evolved into a shouting match. In my first two months I saw more shouting, and complaining and people threatening to tattle tell on another person's boss.

The benefits and pay are nice, but the workplace has a toxic culture.
Great company to consult at. Wonderful people. Good project management processes and procedures with guidelines and examples of deliverables expected.
Consulting Project and Program Manager (Former Employee), Issaquah WAJuly 27, 2014
Professional staff committed to excellence and open to learning from lessons on projects.
Fun place to work
PRODUCT ADVISOR, MICROSOFT (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 26, 2014
Pros: free snacks, great co workers, fun place to work, great health care
Cons: ...
• Demonstrate great customer service
• Meeting given sales metrics for the quarter
• Train consumers on how to use their Windows devices
• Use of problem solving and troubleshooting skills to resolve customer issues (Computers, tablets, cell phones and Xbox)
• Assisting customers w¬¬¬¬ith updates and system issues
• Teaching local Boy/Girl scout troops, – more... home schooled children and summer camps in the St. Louis area on the subjects of photography, cinematography, internet etiquette, entertainment technology and computer history.
• Assist in store visuals, reading Plano grams and setting up the store for new product releases – less
Fun and productive workplace
Xbox Global Escalation Analyst/ UA (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 25, 2014
• Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
• Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
• Recommend improvements in products, packaging, shipping, service, – more... or billing methods and procedures to prevent future problems.
• Analyze retail data to identify current or emerging trends in theft or fraud and researched existing accounts with fraud flags or complaints. – less
Reorgs every 90 days
Principal Program Manager Lead (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: people there are great. good bonuses and stock options.
Cons: hasty, indecisive management
There's very little opportunity to grow your career when org changes happen every 90 days and you're reporting to someone else. The health benefits are also not much greater than any other company (and it used to be the best in the nation).
Perfect place to work, live and learning knowledge
Developer & Operation (Contractor) (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJuly 23, 2014
Microsoft locates in Redmond WA which is a very beautiful state. The company culture and people around can not only improve your working ability but making friends.
Employee Happiness. Work+life balance.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), New York, NY Seattle, WAJuly 22, 2014
Overall, I love working for Microsoft- and I'm seeking further opportunities to grow with and to be apart of further developing and building the brand! :)
Productive and Fun Place..
Head - CRM Marketing and Business Intelligence (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJuly 22, 2014
Nokia has been a fun journey for me that enabled me to work in different parts of the Globe.
Amazing
Senior Escalation Team Manager (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 22, 2014
Culture is their number 1 priority and it's shown in the caliber of staff they bring on.
Employee Friendly Company however slow and lazy
Group Business Process Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WA, USAJuly 22, 2014
a good company to work with, employee friendly with relatively good work life balance. However bureaucratic with many layers.
Tremendous Experience
Marketing / Business Manager (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJuly 21, 2014
Microsoft is a huge company and carries with it some of the corporate negatives. However, it has great people and a lot of opportunities.

I worked mostly with Great Plains Software employees so I got a mix of both cultures.
Productivity
SDET (Former Employee), SDETJuly 21, 2014
• A technical professional with 5+ years of experience in the areas of Software Automation and Testing.
• Certified in ISTQB.
• Proficient as Module Lead in Software automation and manual testing process with Healthcare and Windows Cloud domains using C# Automation testing.
• Ability to understand the requirements , testing application manually or by – more... writing effective automation scripts, debugging and performing root cause analysis, generating test reports and plans, designing test cases and reviewing.
• Technical proficiency in various software development languages, applications and database like ASP.NET, C#.NET, ADO.NET, SQL server 2008, SharePoint 2013 and other Microsoft technologies
• Working for Client Microsoft Corporation throughout my career. – less
excellent environment to learn and grow
Antenna Design Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2014
i loved to work here.
good line manager.
top management is ok
Always surprises!
Product Adviser (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 19, 2014
Pros: first to know information on jobs
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed working for Microsoft, mostly because I love technology and the effects such devices have upon the human mind and body.
As a recent graduate from SUNY Purchase, I majored in Media, Society and the Arts. I was intrigued by the ways of which type writers, keyboards, Operating Systems (OS) and the overall engineering and software play a role – more... with assisting or harming how human socialize, communicate and function.

Working at Microsoft I was able to learn how such devices worked and how each item has evolved to benefit their customers needs. I spent majority of my time on the sales floor selling laptops and tablets. When I was not selling I was training Microsoft customers with their new or pre-existing devices.

There was not any hard days or components while I was employed at Microsoft. If anything the job was engaging and promising.

I have learned by enhancing my interpersonal skills. Training and working with customers meant I must cater to their needs. The customers we had ranged from the tech savvy to those that were intimidated by the flexibility and advancement of the device. – less
Ok
Software Developer in Test II (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJuly 18, 2014
Ok company to work for with great benefits and ok Advancement.Best part for me of the job is the people i worked with. The hardest part of the job is working with the management.
Rewarding work with friendly co-workers
Xbox Escalations Support (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: fooseball tables, shuffleboard tables, kitchenettes, beautiful campus, free sodas/bottled water/filtered water, reduced price gourmet meals, relaxed environment
Cons: no warning to managers, recruiters, or agents for mass lay-offs. you're just called and told not to come in.
It was an enjoyable time working for Microsoft's Xbox Support team. I gained many skills such as customer call etiquette, professional (but personable) email composition, and time:work load management. My co-workers and managers were all very pleasant people. The environment was positive and friendly. The hardest part of this job was giving the customer – more... a "hard message" or basically telling the customer that there is nothing we can do to help due to policy. Many customers do no respond well to this no matter how the news is broken. However, it was very rewarding hearing from customers we were able to help resolve issues for. It's great being recognized for your hard work and perseverance. – less
Great start but budget constrains rolled me off early.
Senior Data Modeler (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJuly 16, 2014
Assigned to the Enterprise Data Modeling team in support of recently acquired Nokia. Good enterprise data model and methods. Great team.
no fun here, lots of work
AX PM 2012 R3 (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJuly 16, 2014
good company and tech giant, and lots of good knowledgeable people work here.
Smart and Hardworking People in Microsoft
Vendor Communications Lead/Project Manager (Former Employee), RedmondJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great place to learn and contribute
Cons: vendor role
I have been a vendor in Microsoft for eight years and enjoy working in this company. There are alot of smart and hardworking people willing to go the extra mile to help partners and customers succeed. It is a good place to learn and contribute.
fun and productive workplace
Geospatial Operator (Former Employee), Boulder, C0July 15, 2014
Microsoft was a fun place to work. They had a lot of different people from different backgrounds working. Had friendly co-workers. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work in teams with different people

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more