Microsoft

1.3K reviews

Microsoft Employee Reviews

Good
Program Manager, Corporate Finance & IT (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJune 6, 2015
Ok to work. Not sufficient transition to ramp up on new programs.No work life balance for vendors.]Vendor culture needs improvements.Zero job security . Mgmt is nto so great
This is a tough enviornment if you have feelings
Senior Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee), RedmondJune 3, 2015
I have been at MSFT since 2007, as an FTE and then as a contractor. This place does not care about you. The salary and benefits are good, but it can just be brutal.
Amazing development and Culture
Product Advisor/Teacher (Former Employee), KnoxvilleJune 3, 2015
Great team oriented environment. One thing I admired about the company was we talked about "strengths and OPPORTUNITIES" not weaknesses, there is always room to improve and this really increased morale. Amazing benefits, great networking and learning opportunities (free certifications!). Your future is up to you.
Live Video Sales Associate
Live Sales Associate (Current Employee), Issaquah, WAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Team Lead, Friendly Management
Friendly Sales environment where we do don't cold calling, our customers find us via the website for a live video chat and they have the option to talk with us or to type. Typically we get to talk with everyone from all over the nation on a regular basis, have a good product knowledge and also learn about new products on the fly. The fast paced job keeps us busy and we keep up a good attitude. We deal with everything from sales to light trouble shooting for technical issues, being able to redirect in a very friendly, sympathetic/empathetic way.

Everyone is friendly and very understanding, we get a long, being a small team that started with just a handful of us for a project that was a pilot that is now going full time.
Fun place to work
Senior Premier Field Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJune 2, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere, friendly people, great experience
Cons: Management is pressured to keep a percentage of employees at a low review score
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Microsoft. Most people are friendly and eager to help. The training was great, both technical and professional courses. Travel was enjoyable as accommodations were made by the employee not an office looking to put you in the cheapest hotel/flight.

Benefits were the best for my first few years, the last few they became expensive.
Fun workplace with room for advancement
Product Advisor / Technical Support (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJune 2, 2015
Walking into work was always enjoyable. Well lit location, motivated co workers and fun environment. The hardest part was physically taking computers apart and repairing problems. The most enjoyable part was seeing the smiles on the customer faces.
Good team to work with, people are nice and responsive.
Operations Program Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 2, 2015
Good team to work with, people are nice and responsive. Fast paced and a solid drive for quality work. Overall a great experience.
Dynamic company to work for with honest and smart managers.
Finance Manager (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJune 2, 2015
Microsoft was a blast to work for. They have great benefits and the culture is great to. Fast paced work environment where we worked hard, but we also got to step back and take a break and play hard as well.
Great learning experience, very multi-faceted environment
Retail Support Program Manager (Current Employee), Issaquah, WaJune 1, 2015
Great learning experience, very multi-faceted environment. Ability to expand into other departments. Many connections can be made.
Professional, exccelent working environment
Automation Software Engineer in Test (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Professional environment. You can get your work done effectively. Good pay.
Cons: People not friendly across teams, compete because of job security, delivery pressure
Professional working environment. But you feel like you only know your team. Sometimes it is not very friendly across teams. Sometimes people are not helpful because of job security. Contractor is a contractor - rarely have a chance to join as a full-time staff. No advancement except you may get a raise in your pay-check. No benefits (stocks/shares)
Fun workplace that also has a serious side in order to make customers happy
Support Escalation Engineer (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 1, 2015
Typically I sit at my desk calling and emailing customers attempting to fix their various issues. That's generally the extent of my job. I"ve learned how to deal with all sorts of different personalities. My boss is not a very good leader and would rather adhere to the scare you policy. Hardest part of the job is making it through 9 hours while sitting in a chair.
Excellent compnay to work for.
Midwest Region Exec Sec & Field Mrktg Coord (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJune 1, 2015
I enjoyed the travel that I had to do for this company. I was able to go to Las Vegas and New Orleans for trade shows. The original company was based out of Montreal, Canada and I was able to visit twice during my time there.
Extremely smart employees - limited or no promotion
Business Analyst -SMSGR, ICS (Current Employee), Redmond, WAMay 31, 2015
Pros: Intelligent colleauges
Cons: Politics get in the way of job growth and business opportunities. Job security?
Growth and job security wise - very difficult and non-existent. No rewards and performance is inconsistently measured. Work and life balance is non-existent. However, employees are intelligent and well-rounded; in comparison to Amazon, there is a lot of flexibility despite the long hours
Good place to learn new things
Lab Test Engineer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 31, 2015
People in my group are very kind, and willing to offer help when I need. I am learning and learning a lot there. I enjoy my job very much.
Great company to work for with a lot of perks.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 31, 2015
Pros: `
Microsoft was a very interesting company to work for. I learned a lot from this company. I worked for many different office personel - District Manager, Sales Managers, Office Manager, Consultants, and Sales associates. I was in charge of maintaining our office machines, shipping out all promotional items, keeping our break room fully stocked all while answering a busy multiline phone system and greeting everyone coming in the door with a smile on my face!!
Monotonous at times, but received some valuable work experience
Content Publishing Lead (Former Employee), Sammamish, WAMay 29, 2015
The vendor company I worked for hired myself and a co-worker of mine to manage a team of new recruits to provide some relief to and increase publishing output to xbox video on xbox live.

I was there for 3 years. I gained some good management experience and played an integral part in my department, but opportunities to move up in the company was practically non-existent. It made it difficult to stay motivated, since contract positions only contract you to do that one specific job.
Not a bad place to work
Program Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAMay 29, 2015
Not a bad place to work if you like coding & MSFT products. I've found that they idolize their own products and need to got out of that mindset so they can figure if the customer like the products and how to make them better not to please the employee but the customers. Remember the customer knows what's best!
Overall great global company
Lead PM Office sway.com (Current Employee), Redmond WAMay 28, 2015
Microsoft has two sides to it - one as a huge company and another as a collection of a 1,000 small ones.
Each has its trade offs.

The large one has a lot of resources, staying power and potential advancement however slow and cumbersome machine and politics. at time it's hard for one to achieve full impact.

The smaller groups are more agile but tend to be siloed.

A driven individual has strong potential to succeed.
Amazing work environment
3D Artist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Great People and Free Drinks
The people here are great. I felt like everyone there was professional, while at the same time, fun and humorous. I would highly recommend working here to anyone.
Great company
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 22, 2015
Emphasis in customer support. Great benefits and very fun. Outstanding HR department which is always in direct contact with you.
Headquarters