Microsoft

1.3K reviews

Microsoft Employee Reviews

Great company in the beginning
Desktop Support Specialist\Account Manager (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TXJuly 4, 2015
Was great in the beginning. Great training and management. Quick to get things done or changed. But as the site grew, became more bureaucratic and slow.
fun workplace but also stressful
Inventory Control Expert/Product Advisor (Current Employee), Chandler, ArizonaJuly 3, 2015
Pros: hour lunch, made a couple really close friends, GM is great
Cons: work atmosphere, immature people, gossip, feels like high school
I am in charge of everything that came through our store. I have to check and make sure we have the right amount that our computer said we had and if we were off I am told to find out what happened to it. Very stressful, but also do not mind it because I like having that much responsibility.
Fun and Productive Work Environment
Sr. Service Advisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Awesome benefits, fun environment, free food
Cons: Ever-changing retail hours takes a bit to get used to.
Assist both individual and business consumers; realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies and services. My customer relationships and problem solving abilities earns the trust of customers and co-workers alike as I engage, educate, excite, and empower those around me.
Overrun by corporate culture
Service Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJuly 3, 2015
This place has changed. It "used" to be an awesome place to work, but corporate suits took over and turned it into a nightmare. Employees are constantly reminded that they are a disposable asset, the contingent staff are constantly reminded that they are slaves only allowed to play within a specified sandbox and even more disposable.

There is a lot of corporate culture here. So much so that its actually sickening.

I won't be coming back voluntarily unless I'm desperate for a job
productive and offers alot of opprtunities
Customer service/tech support (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 2, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of managing about 30 calls ranging from a number of issues from connectivity or simply a billing issue. The environment is pretty relaxed, and u can learn a number of interpersonal communication skills and the technical aspects of connectivity.
Fun job, with a diverse team and awesome management.
Product Advisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: benefits, freee lunches, opportunity to travel, and network.
Cons: not enought recognition, career deveplopment, and countability.
Every day we have a meeting to talk about our numbers, what the company main focuses are, and how to engage the costumers and provide them with world first class costumer experience. I've developed my presentation and communications skills. I am fluent in the Windows OS (windows 7,8,8.1 and 10). I learned how to troubleshoot computers and fix them. The management team is great at keeping the energy going at all times. They need to improve on focusing a little more on the employees career development. Personally the hardest part of the job was learning the language of IT at first, then it was easy, the most enjoyable part of my job is constant training on Microsoft products, and services, managing business clients accounts and maintaining a relationship with them. with this job we have the chance to help individuals and make an impact in our community.
Great to work in challenging environment
Software Development Engineer in Test (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Flexile
I worked last 5 years in Lync / 2010 / 2013 / 2015 have knowledge on deploying / trouble shooting and testing experience.
Worked on QA ( Quality Assurance) of Polycom / Snom / Xavy VoIP phones used by more than million customer daily.
Very nice Building and location.
T-SEM - Technical Strategic Engagement Manager (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJune 30, 2015
Pros: Free Coffee
Cons: Bad Job Security
Liked the free coffee and accessories.
Rewarded for good work and liked being recognized.
People were friendly, but there are always groupies.
Large Business, Building, and competition
Microsoft is kind of Ok place to work
SR. SAP FI Consultant, Vendor Master (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 30, 2015
Microsoft is kind of Ok place to work..
. Usually its long hours. fast paced environment. Good thing is you have to face lots of challenges with huge curve of learning everyday.
Productive workplace with opportunities for advancement
Financial Analyst / Sales Planner (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 30, 2015
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: office environment
Good place to work, need to improve office culture. Enjoyed working with account teams and given increased responsibilities.
I LOVE MY JOB
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Los AngelesJune 29, 2015
THIS IS THE BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR PERIOD! I CAN HONESTLY SAY I HAVE FOUND MY DREAM JOB! THEY RECOGNIZE THE LITTLE GUYS AND APPRECIATE THE JOB WE DO
Challenging work environments
Software Engineer in test (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJune 27, 2015
Lot of opportunity to learn
Everyday new learning
great learning resources
great benefits
work culture depends on the team and product you work on
Productive but not a fun place
Team Member (Current Employee), Redmond,WAJune 26, 2015
A place to learn and follow new processes. People are helpful and coordinating. Hardest part of job is working into skillsets which are not of interest and providing deliverables before deadline which consolidates to stress and stretch disturbing life balance.
Have learnt new scripting language - PowerShell
Exciting and adventurous
Logistic Driver (Current Employee), Burlingame, CAJune 25, 2015
Microsoft is a great place to work,
lots of room to grow and , and great pay and benefits package,
They have a diverse group of employees,
Best benifits
Senior Premier Field Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond WAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Benifits
Cons: Life work balance
I love my time at Microsoft, I left because of painfull divorce
I would love to work at microsoft again. It is a great company
Good Work/Life Balance
Software Engineer (Current Employee), RedmondJune 22, 2015
Good Work/Life Balance.
My manager is good, but HR department sucks.
The corporate culture is not that good for young and energetic people.
does not apply this is a work from home position
Account Executive (Current Employee), work from homeJune 22, 2015
Pros: Always something new to learn
Answering calls from customer that have issues with there device such as Xbox and or Windows products. Tech support / billing and explaining subscriptions along with creating repair orders for Microsoft products.
You work really hard but you love it.
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJune 22, 2015
Pros: On-site cafeterias make lunch on the fly easy.
Cons: Working globally can include some odd work hours.
Microsoft is a rich in culture workplace where employees are valued. They will work you harder than you've ever worked, but you will find that you would give everything to Microsoft because the appreciation you receive makes it worth it.

That said, they very much value the work/life balance and you are encouraged to take vacation time and enjoy your life events.

Communication is streamlined so that meetings begin and end on time. People are not arbitrarily invited to meetings. Thought is put behind whether someone needs to be there or if they simply need a follow-up email after the fact. No one randomizes anyone else as time is a protected commodity. People are too busy to gossip, but random blow-off-steam foosball games are known to occur.

Team events are always well-planned and team members are taught the art of leaving work behind at the office.
Safe and Positive Work Environment
Receptionist Novitex (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free beverages and transportation, commons area, meals at cafe
Cons: Very long commute, occasional work under pressure
I learned a lot about computer software, customer service, and how to be helpful to others. A typical day included greeting visitors, communicating via email, and learning about computer technology. Everyone (guests and co-workers) were from all walks of life which was fascinating. Meeting so many new people and working for such a large company was challenging but fun.
Great comoany
Community Development Specialist (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COJune 20, 2015
Great place to work. For such a large Corporation they take great care of their employees. Compensation and benefits are very competitive. While there are number of opportunities, they are very limited unless a person is re-locatable.
Headquarters