Microsoft
1,230 reviews

Microsoft Employee Reviews

Great team unity, does not micro manage
2D QC Imagery Analyst (Current Employee), Boulder, COMay 5, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, soft drinks, shuffleboard, arcade games, chess, flexible schedule.
Cons: Vague about future projects and moving departments, vague about job security based on available work.
My job requires many different mini tasks. I first check my email and instant message my leads and managers to get an update on the quality control process. I work closely with my teammates to provide the best quality work we can. I learn new Microsoft applications everyday. This includes Microsoft office, Outlook, and Skype. Some of what we do is data entry and some of what we do requires detail of Bing Map's imagery.
Competitive and Political environment
Senior Business Process Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Free juice, soda
Cons: No work life balance, bad politics.
Your work life balance goes down the drain when your project is close to ship date. Overall you have to deal with lot of politics especially when you are trying to maintain balance with business and technical teams.
Great work environment but lack of guidance from management
SDE (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Free beverages
Cons: Lack of training and guidance
I enjoyed my 4 months working at Microsoft. The only issues I had was the lack of training to be successful at my job. Also, the lack of guidance from management and help, which made work very stressful at times.
Love working at MS
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Redmond, WAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and decent salary
Cons: No focus on work/life balance
Unfortunately, my boss left the company and I am now looking for a job both inside and outside of Microsoft.

typical day is 8-12 hours per day.
Love the people here.
Team work. Great bunch of people
Software Test Engineer III (Current Employee), Redmond, WAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great bunch of people. Awesome learning environment.
Cons: Nothing
I honestly can't think of anything that I would frown upon. I loved this job. Too bad it ended. I would have stayed a very long time.
Fun work place
Sr Program Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAApril 30, 2015
Loved and enjoyed working for this company and miss working for this company. Great values and great organization to work for.
Vendor at Microsoft
MS101 Delivery Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Redmond/TelecommuterApril 30, 2015
Pros: Working from home
Working as a Event Planner/Vendor @ Microsoft for the past 10 years has been very enjoyable.

I have learned most of the Microsoft internal tools, and have confidence in creating PO's, assigning facilitators, instructors, ordering courseware, registration tools, budget management, just to name a few.

I have a strong bond with the co-workers I have collaborated with professionally.

The hardest part of the job would be making sure all the logistics would come together as a whole within the US and Internationally and the reward is that a successful event was held with next to no issues.
Stable place to work
Director (Former Employee), Redmond, WAApril 29, 2015
I worked at Microsoft before the CEO change and company changes that occurred in 2014. It was a very stable place to work, so long as you performed well.
Great depending on your manager.
Technical Advisor (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Lots of resources to do job tasks
Cons: Poor management and lack of accountability to bad decisions
Company as a whole is a great place too work. Sometimes having the wrong person in a leadership position can make your job miserable since there is not great accountability for management. Other than that it is still a great place to work and offers great benefits.
Productive and Great Team
Content Project Manager (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 27, 2015
A typical day at work includes creating and delivery projects to account managers, you can also be involved in other projects of your choice
Company has gone downhill
Production Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAApril 27, 2015
Pros: 12 years ago Microsoft treated it's employees very well.
Cons: Somehow people who were willing to screw over other people to succeed in management, did just that.
Jobs at Microsoft can be good and bad, and the management chain can make all the difference. My first 8 years at Microsoft I had wonderful managers, and the job was great, a whole team working hard together and really caring about the product we put out.

At some point after several re-orgs our team got relocated under a very toxic management chain, people who'd worked for microsoft for over 20 years were quitting or getting laid off. I wound up in a management chain of career climbers who didn't care as much about the customers as they did abour producing metrics to get themselves raises and promotions. That really made the job miserable. Plus the HR department at Microsoft is terrible. Terrible policies, and clearly no understanding of how quality work gets done. They were almost as much to blame for the poor work environment as the toxic management. My first 8 years and last several were okay but there was a horrible 3-4 year stretch in there where live was miserable.
Great atmosphere
Inventory Control Expert (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 27, 2015
The culture at Microsoft is certainly one of a kind. Its like they go out of their way to make you feel like family. That sort of atmosphere really encourages high moral amongst all aspects of the company.
Microsoft is a great learning environment
Project Manager - Vendor (Current Employee), Redmond, WAApril 27, 2015
I have worked on many contracts with Microsoft and have continued to learn and broaden my skill set. It has been a good experience overall. The culture is an expanding entity that is a great way to meet and understand different cultures and have the diversity of professional peers and managers.
Challenging Works
Sr. Escalation Engineer (Current Employee), Redmond, WAApril 27, 2015
Enjoyed the challenging works, but work/life balance is tough. It is a tough world, don't imagine if it is different any where else.
Great Company
Instructional Designer, Program Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAApril 22, 2015
Great company but no job security management needs to do better with identifying project goals. Management was great and pay was ok.
Great company to work for...
Talent Sourcer (Current Employee), VirtualApril 22, 2015
Great company to work for depending on what you are seeking. Product suite is expansive, brand is solid, culture is multi-national.
Good perks, great teams, management needs revamping
IT Service Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAApril 22, 2015
Pros: free soda, coffee, etc, library, shuttle, orca card, etc
Microsoft is a great place to work, the perks are awesome, the culture makes you feel included but the management needs to change.

Management now is trying to shift the individuals to do the change to DevOps but they don't have a full idea on how to, they are playing by ear and pressure is mounting.

If management backs the employee like before then it would work but now they are not backing up us they are quickly trying to do the changes without thinking of consequences just because top management says so.
Good benefits, challenging culture
Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free drinks (coffee, soda)
Cons: No management support; too much handholding and not enough doing what is right for the company.
SW company trying to become HW company with too many in management not understanding how to make that happen. Te culture is more geared to risk averse behavior; everyone needs to feel 'involved' in any decisions; this slows down decision making process and at times cripples the company.
Great team and fun work and profuctive environment
Corporate Strategy & Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 20, 2015
Good work environment. Good team of people. Exciting and innovating work culture. Good set of managers. Would recommend anyone to build his or her career here in order to get a good work experience.
Good
Senior RF Hardware and Antenna Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 17, 2015
good place to work. good pay and benefits. good work/ life balance. good work environment and atmosphere. management open to listening to new ideas and changes.

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's – Read more

Microsoft Salaries