Microsoft Employer Reviews

Product Advisor
Product Advisor (Current Employee), las vegas fashion show mallMay 23, 2014
Help customers discover, enable, and implement high value Microsoft technology solutions and services across a broad range of devices that meet their individual needs and exceed their expectations
- Flawlessly execute the sales and service strategies of the Microsoft Retail organization
- Present total solution offerings and sales support based upon – more... each customer’s unique needs, both before and after the sale
- Maintain expert level product knowledge in all Microsoft retail products, devices, and services offerings
- Continuously learn through others, self- educate, share specialized knowledge, and expertly demonstrate and present the newest product and service offerings across all devices
- Collaborate with peers, store leaders, corporate, and field team members in the development of the necessary tools and program offerings that will lead to long-term relationships with elated customers
- Must be able to work a regular schedule as required by the needs of the business
- Must be able to move about the store
- Lifting/carrying (loading and unloading all those great products and carrying purchases out for our customers will be required!) – less
Big company, lots of opportunties
Marketing (Former Employee), SeattleMay 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: tough commute
MS has a lot of moving pieces and it all depends your team and boss
Productive and fun place to work.
Inventory Control Expert (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, occasional free lunches, great working enviroment
Cons: still retail
I love the Microsoft Retail Store Culture. It does not matter which store you visit the employees treat you the same way. They are welcoming. friendly, and full of personality. Which makes day to day duties easier because you enjoy the time spent with your coworkers.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is interacting with customers. Determining – more... their needs and helping them find what it is they are looking for. Customers always know what they want but do not always know how to explain that to a sales associate. It is fun to help paint that picture for them.

The management team is diverse and ready to help. Just like any other job you warm up to some managers more than others. As a team though they are more than happy to assist you. They also encourage progression through stretch assignments and small projects that they assign. – less
Contract SDET (Prithvi Catalytic) (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMay 15, 2014
Learnt alot and was treated as a regular employee by the team.
Fun working environment and smart, friendly people
Business Administrator (Current Employee), Boulder, COMay 14, 2014
Pros: fun environment, friendly, lots of diversity.
Cons: a lot of pressure to keep up.
I truly enjoy working for Microsoft. I have enjoyed my 9 months here under contract very much. The people are smart, friendly & helpful. I have learned a lot since my hire and look forward to continuing to grow professionally. I was kept busy and learned something new everyday here.
Amazing place to work
Subject matter expert and team leader (Former Employee), Issaquah, WaMay 12, 2014
Pros: free soda, coffee, tea. great discounts
Microsoft is an amazing place to work. People are always friendly and very knowledgeable.
Great place to work. A company who is passionate about helping others achieve goals.
Business Administrator - EPG WW Industry (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMay 12, 2014
A company who is passionate about helping others achieve goals.
Great company with great life balance mindset
Executive Assistant to VPGM, AT&T Account Team (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 11, 2014
Pros: free sodas and coffee. friendly folks.
Cons: team is too spread out to build meaningful work relationships.
Great group of men that I support from an administrative standpoint. From purchasing product, understanding all the internal logistics and applications, travel, shipping, tracking, and event planning.
work at MS
Support engineer (Current Employee), bangaloreMay 11, 2014
* its awesome working as the work culture is different from the previous company
* learned how to manager things at high pressure of work environment.
* our manager provided the best guidance and would help in enhancing my career.
* here co-workers are helpful and would guide you in work related issues.
* The learning is infinity and would be keep on – more... learning as knowledge is ocean. – less
Software Test Engineer- Interim Test Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 10, 2014
Very competitive. Defined guidelines as far as employee roles. Most jobs located in Washington, so the best chance for advancement is located there. Typical work week would be 45 hours.
fast paced
CONTULTING SERVICES EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), NYCMay 8, 2014
high turnover
tough measurements
good benefits
fast paced
aligning to new industry trend
no job secirity
Great Company
Business Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee), Fort LauderdaleMay 7, 2014
Cons: growth potential were limited in my group
Great Company to work for. Work from home option. Lot of learning opportunities.
Team Lead (Former Employee), IndiaMay 7, 2014
Good Co workers & Management
The Microsoft Dynamics family includes applications that cover financial management, supply chain, cus-tomer relationship management and enterprise resource planning.
Product Advisor (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAMay 6, 2014
Excellent place to work. I really enjoy my co-workers they are awesome.
Productive and fun workplace
Center for Autism and Related Disorders (Former Employee), TarzanaMay 4, 2014
Market events by posting to online support groups, online calendar listings, Facebook, and other social media outlets. Contact press for media coverage. Draft and distribute press releases as well as media alerts about events.Utilize the entire Microsoft suite of applications along with Vocus marketing software.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Portland, ORMay 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great company name
Cons: management
Microsoft is an excellent company. The company expects you to move for advancement, and if you are grounded where you live, this makes for a really hard decision. Management is very disorganized and lacks leadership.
Enjoyed living out of suitecase traveling to events
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 24, 2014
Fast-paced work environment that kept me challenged and made me love my job even more for it. I was a road warrior and was able to handle multiple event tours at one time while traveling to events at the same time.
Fantastic Products, Awful Treatment Of Employees
Partner Technical Lead (Current Employee), Redmond WAApril 23, 2014
Pros: free soda
Cons: no loyalty
The best job skill is not really doing anything, but making a lot of noise.
Microsoft, I think so the name is enough
Senior MS CRM Consultant (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APApril 18, 2014
I was Senior MS CRM consultant in Microsoft R & D India pvt ltd,
It was great experience to work with other co-workers and management.

Microsoft provide so flexibility of work to their employee, and i think so that's the only reason all employee providing good result.
Very productive high energy teams creating a difference every day
Program Manager (Current Employee), REDMOND, WAApril 18, 2014
Cons: there is always more work
Highly focused, young and extremely passionate team turns up to work every single day, in their effort change the world around them in small steps. Its surprise that the teams continue to do this every single day and carries plenty of passion while doing it.

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's – Read more