Microsoft Employee Reviews

Found 1,758 reviews matching the search
Great
Fast Track Manager (Program Manager) (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 9, 2016
Great work life balance and culture. Wonderful future and vision. Constant desire to drive result based output. Focus on young and innovative talent.
Microsoft Retail is THE best place to work for students.
Consumer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 20, 2016
The culture is amazing. The job is incredibly fun and you actually feel like you are helping people. I love working here and anyone who loves having a good time will enjoy it as well.
Pros
Friendly staff, great pay (for a student), work-life balance
Cons
The customers can be crazy
Great place to work, lots of places to go
Build Engineer 2 (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 30, 2016
Microsoft has made a lot of changes recently to help work work/life balance and taking care of its employees. It's a great place to work with lots of opportunities for advancement or career change.
Really depending on the team and managers
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 4, 2017
Good benefit but relatively low salary compared to other high tech companies. Bad company culture, careless about employees. Really depending on the team and managers
Productive work place
Big Data Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 29, 2016
You get what you put in. If you want a good work life balance you can do that and be successful or if you want to put in a lot of extra hours you'll be recognized. Great pay and benefits. Inclusive culture. Easy to move around to other teams if you want to. My friends who were hired with me and didn't click with their first teams have mostly found new teams that they enjoy better.
Good place to work, but need to manage your own career
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 15, 2017
Great compensation and benefits, but, if you're planning to make a career there, you must continually be your own recruiter.
Na
Operations Consultant, Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 14, 2017
Microsoft is a great place for career advancement. There are hardships in dealing with management and job security. Overall great place for anyone to work at in the short run.
Great place ot work / work/ife balance needs to be managed
Sales (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 16, 2016
Microsoft is a great place to work for pay, benefits, and impact. great career boost and place to learn. The email culture takes a toll on work/life balance. they call it "integration" be prepared for constant connectivity you need to own your balance. Culture more collaborative and innovative with Satya leadership.
Pros
Benefits, Innovation, Intelligent teams
Cons
Email culture, work / life balance
Microsoft Retail
Customer Experience Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2016
Microsoft has an amazing company culture all the way to it's retail sector. Great room for advancement, lots of talented people and awesome culture and work environment.
Friendly and best work place company.
Senior .Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 5, 2016
Pros
If you love tech this is a great place
retail enviroment
SERVICES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 19, 2016
I loved working for Microsoft, there benefits were great, the management at the time needed improvement. The hours made it hard to spend quality time with my family
Most fun I have had on the job
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 5, 2016
Working for Microsoft was kind of like joining a cult. Everyone was happy, everyone loved their job and took pride in what they did. I loved being there. The management was well placed (usually), and if there were issues or complaints from anyone in the store, upper management would step in and assess. The hardest part of the job was Microsoft's very stringent standards that had to be adhered to at all times. The most enjoyable was being encouraged to play Rock Band, Halo, or Just Dance with customers.
Pros
free surface 3 and windows phone upon being hired, great employee benefits, culture is amazing
Cons
high deductible healthcare, company is still growing so there are a few kinks being worked out business-wise
An exciting place to work which values hard work and gives great opportunities for growth and development
Patent Process Manager, Legal & Corporate Affairs (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 9, 2016
I had many opportunities for growth and development while at Microsoft for 15 years. I managed teams and other managers; partnered with law firms and other venders; helped develop and implement new databases; and actively worked to reduce overall costs for prosecuting patents. It was interesting and rewarding work.
Pros
I felt respected as an individual and that my input was apprecited. The benefits were exceptional.
Cons
Work/life balance was a challenge at times, although this was not typically a problem for me.
Fun environment with productive culture.
Billing and Fraud Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Employees engaged with one another, friendly environment with great customer service training. Within the corporate office, our aptly named “Culture Committee” works hard (and has a ridiculous amount of fun) planning activities for our staff. Other than our normal day to day work operations, the company is very optimistic about getting each employee involved with culture.
Pros
Great pay and great company environment.
Cons
They hire temps more than permanent positions.
Broad range of technologies in products
Senior DVE (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 8, 2016
I have enjoyed working at MS and have done well in my career at this company.
I have been introduced to many technologies and have grown in areas I wasn't exposed to in my previous jobs.
I enjoy working with my co-workers in all functional areas. They are competent and hard working.
The hardest part of the job is the travel (approximately 20%).
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Too much travel, lack of HW improvement focus
Microsoft Career
Business Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 31, 2016
There has to be no typical day at work. I can be at a client site, event, meeting, or gala. I get to meet new people daily and service existing clients. This has helped me learn about many different client rhythms from government, education, and enterprise. My coworkers are amazing and fun. I also enjoy having a diverse group of coworkers and I have to say that I have a boss who cares. He does his best to help me succeed and get to the next level. I would say the hardest part about the job is generating new opportunities for growth as my space becomes more inundated. My favorite part about the job is working on diversity and inclusion projects, as well as our great giving program.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Often long hours
Great Networking
Presenter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 29, 2016
Love meeting people always looking for more career opportunities, able to travel on regular basis as well as get to know people from all over the world. Have to be flexible during work hours and value teamwork. Very good environment that allows you to be yourself and grow your professional skills
Pros
Snacks, accommodating schedule, access to innovative technology
Cons
Better transportation to deal with traffic, resources to move from contractor to FTE
Microsoft Review
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJune 1, 2016
Overall, Microsoft is a place where ideas are welcomed and striving as a team allows you to succeed. Work life balance is exceptional and the ability to grow and learn is persistent. The company perceives each customer as a part of the family of Microsoft and would go above and beyond for their customers satisfaction. The work flow is fast pace and enjoyable.
Pros
Culture of Microsoft
Cons
Career Advancement
Friendly and best work place company.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
riendly and best work place company.
manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Microsoft. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Indeed Prime: Apply to 100 top tech companies with 1 application

100% free. Land your dream job and get $2k. Interested employers will reach out with salary and equity upfront.

Learn more about Indeed Prime