Microsoft Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,530 reviews matching the search
can be great again
Acct Strategist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2016
probably management has the biggest hit here with the stupid ranking system which they STILL do.. don't be fooled.. Peers are mostly awesome...
Pros
peers are awesome
Cons
still has a ranking system... don't believe the BS
Microsoft Career
Business Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 31, 2016
There has to be no typical day at work. I can be at a client site, event, meeting, or gala. I get to meet new people daily and service existing clients. This has helped me learn about many different client rhythms from government, education, and enterprise. My coworkers are amazing and fun. I also enjoy having a diverse group of coworkers and I have to say that I have a boss who cares. He does his best to help me succeed and get to the next level. I would say the hardest part about the job is generating new opportunities for growth as my space becomes more inundated. My favorite part about the job is working on diversity and inclusion projects, as well as our great giving program.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Often long hours
Smart people, great customers
Sr Dir. Product Mgmt - System Center (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 31, 2016
I ran several product management teams in Redmond and really enjoyed my experience at Microsoft. Lots of super smart people, great products and access to the best customers in the world.
Pros
Great work conditions, value technical people
Cons
Sometimes a bit myopic - drinking their own kool-aid.
Challenging and rewarding
3D Technical Artist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 30, 2016
It was the greatest work experience I have had to date. I was exploited for my skills and talents and laid off when the developers found a more cost effective way to do my job but that is business.
Pros
competitive Compensation
Cons
not stable
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  SeattleMay 25, 2016
It is good and productive, it is most enjoyable working environment.
My co-workers are nice and helpful, we have many things to learn over here to upgrade myself technically.
Excellent work environment with good work ethic
Engineering Program Manager / Sr Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 25, 2016
Good facilities
Ground breaking work
excellent work environment and facilities
Only concern is about job security as it could sometimes be on the edge when org restructures or project shuts down.
I started my career as fresher. So it was a great learning opportunity for me about the business.
Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 24, 2016
Lots of training sessions and need to pass the tests that were conducted every week in order to check the performance. As a fresher I was more focused towards the session as it was the right time and right place to enhance my skills
Meh
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 21, 2016
Salaries are good at Microsoft and if you are in a good group this could be a great place to work.
Unfortunately in their finance department they like to churn and burn through employees.
Pros
Salary.
Cons
Manager
Experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 21, 2016
The company can at times be unprofessional as far as providing information to it's employees.The short notice of programs closing leaves us unprepared for our next steps.
Experience varies based on organization
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 21, 2016
Lots of different opportunities within the company but work experience typical day varies based on team or management or project. Some weeks will be 40 hours and other weeks it can be 50 to 60 hours. Management varies and some are great managers who are there to support you and help you learn on the job and grow your career while some are just to manage you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with ambiguity and unrealistic expectations and last minute budget cuts. The most enjoyable part of the job is having some great co-workers. Work life balance is tough at times although managers do encourage employees to do their best to own it.
Pros
Variety of jobs/projects, flexibility to work partially remote, discounted MS software, Prime card, matcing 401k
Cons
Work/Life balance, Job security
fun
product advisor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 20, 2016
loads of energy, great environment. Training was extensive, lots of elearnings which was a drag every month. Typical day was usually slower compared to other retail jobs. You get paid good money to play video games.
Great workplace
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2016
Great workplace with room for advancement. Working for Microsoft was eventful, different, and a varied experience.While management was not as attentive as possible, the executives are extremely open to new ideas,
Pros
Culture and product development
Cons
Management, consistency, and compensation
Fun work place very relaxed and knowledgeable
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 18, 2016
Working at Microsoft was a great Experience i learned so much about the Technology world and more to come , insights and help i got from my team was great
Pros
Learning all the new Technologies and programs
Cons
not enough traning
Productive fun environment
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 18, 2016
Great place to work with lots of exicting challenges and very intelligent people to leverage in day-to-day operations and job functions.
Great pay and benefits, tough political environment
PRINCIPAL GROUP PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 17, 2016
Microsoft delivers great pay, and awesome benefits; however, needs to get better at collaboration and teamwork. The hardest part of the job is working outside of your own team. The single exception to this - and bright spot of Microsoft as a whole - is Skype. This team has a completely different culture, and one founded on great collaboration between the teams.
exciting place
Inventory Control Expert (Former Employee) –  burlington maMay 17, 2016
I am all about the customers and having a great time at work training and coaching on the spot for employee so the understand there job better and have great time working.
work hard
Pros
have fun
Cons
healthcare
Amazing Learning Experience
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHMay 17, 2016
I learned more on a 3-month contract as a PC Tech than I did in a year of college. Definitely a wonderful experience. Unfortunately, the team was small, and security isn't strong.
Great place ot work / work/ife balance needs to be managed
Sales (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 16, 2016
Microsoft is a great place to work for pay, benefits, and impact. great career boost and place to learn. The email culture takes a toll on work/life balance. they call it "integration" be prepared for constant connectivity you need to own your balance. Culture more collaborative and innovative with Satya leadership.
Pros
Benefits, Innovation, Intelligent teams
Cons
Email culture, work / life balance
Love working at Microsoft!
Onboarding Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 16, 2016
Worked in University Recruiting as an Onboarding Logistics Coordinator. Onboarded anywhere from 400-600 University students for full time and internship positions. Learned about visa processing, post offer activities, and gained strong customer service skills by working directly with the applicants. Always had solid managers who were supportive, knowledgeable, and helped guide our team in the right direction. The hardest part was just learning how to manage high volumes of data, and making sure to update multiple systems as many of them fed information from one to another. There's really nothing bad I can say about Microsoft. I loved working in University Recruiting, everyone including the managers were supportive and helpful, and everyone had a very strong work ethic and positive attitude which really motivated me on a daily basis.
Pros
Very enjoyable work environment, flexibile with your schedule, supportive and hard working team members and managment, always felt like my opinion mattered
Cons
Only cons I would say would be relatively low pay, and it's extremely difficult to transition from a contract to full time role
fun place to work
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 16, 2016
If you enjoy helping people this is a job for you, Some days are harder than others but i am a people person and knowing i made their day means more than anything
Pros
breaks every 2 hours
Cons
no RR breaks have to use your other breaks

4.2