Microsoft

Microsoft Employer Reviews

Great company
Software Developer (Current Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 10, 2014
Join Microsoft and build software to impact was dream since I was young.
It is amazing to join it and know lots of talent in this company.
Great company to work in
IT Solution Manager Intern (Former Employee), RedmondSeptember 8, 2014
Microsoft is a great company to work in, the shift in cultural values within company is amazing
Good experince
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 5, 2014
I am proud to be working in Microsoft corporation and learned more in new technologies like Azure and PowerShell
Challenging and interesting place to work
Finance Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: very good benefits and lots of opportunities
Cons: sometimes very long days expected on key projects
There is always something new and always change and challenge. There is a lot of collaborative work and you get a chance to meet and work with people across the organization. Co-workers are bright and push you to do your best.
Working as Vendor with Microsoft
Cosmos And UI developer (Former Employee), Any where in USASeptember 5, 2014
Working as Vendor with Microsoft, learned a lot about Microsoft technologies and commerce Business.
Productive and fun place to work with
Validation Engineer (Current Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: team works.
Cons: 18 months limit contract
People here are moderate but productive. People are easy to get along with and are helpful as a team.
comfortable, relaxed and opened enviroment
Account Recovery Escalations Analyst Tier III (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: pay
I would recommend Microsoft as an employee, They have great benefits along with great co workers. They made the workplace enjoyable and prepared.
Productive and good place to learn new technologies
Software development Engineer in Test (SDET) (Former Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 3, 2014
We had a good time to work with all members in the team. Had learn new technologies, way of thinking "out of box experience".
Great work environment, difficult to maneuver career-wise.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: amenities, work/life balance, variety of projects
Cons: viability of projects, constant change in organizations, no clear directions, too task oriented
Being contracted, a consultant, and a vendor, my experience has been an interesting one. Typically hours of work are pretty flexible, the co-workers are always hard working and hospitable. My day has always been varied in experience due to the nature of the projects I've been involved in. The hardest part of my job is always the viability of the work, – more... too many times upper management reorganizes the team/division/department and projects are completely changed (to a less important task) or altogether ended. There is a very big issues when it comes to aligning management with those below. Leading to a lot of side projects and workarounds outside the view of the team work items. – less
Great company, Middle Management needs work
Channel Executive (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: culture of valuing employees, benefits, career path development
Cons: mid management, competitive culture carried over from ballmer, lack of trancparency for performance reviews
Microsoft is an amazing company - first place I have worked that honestly values people, corporate citizenship, and making a difference in the world. 100% match of charitable donations, financial matching of hours volunteered, stock grants, great bonus structure, support of career development, and even annual wellness reimbursement all make you feel – more... valued as an employee. New CEO is great and is making the right moves, but middle management is still a challenge and is changing slowly - politics abound, self-interest trumps advocating for your people, and the revised performance process while eliminating the stack ranking, has become more arbitrary and less transparent. Additionally, there is a bit of an internal conflict about the future of the company, but ultimately, this is the first place that I have worked in my career that I don't want to leave if I have a choice. If Nadela can truly change the culture and drive innovation, Microsoft can be the leader in the industry again in spite of clear missteps in the last decade. – less
Good Experienced in SQL Server DBA
Sr. SQL Server DBA (Former Employee), Redmond,WASeptember 2, 2014
• Over 7.5 years’ experience in Database Administration, System Analysis, Development & Support of MS SQL Server2000, 2005, 2008 R2 and 2012 in Production & Development Environments.
• Extensive knowledge about the environments like Commercial, Oil & Gas.
• Hands on Experience as Core Production Support MS-SQL SERVER DBA for Databases ranging from 100 – more... GB to 5 TB. – less
Past experience
Sr Consultant (Current Employee), Gainesville, VASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: learning new tecnologies
Cons: no work life balance
The work I have done in the past has helped companies create and Implement their Information Technology road map enabling them to focus on what they provide or sell as a company .
Productive Environment, Great Learning Environment
Senior Solutions Architect (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good breaks
Cons: very hard work
Long Days
Great Learning Environment
Good Management
Great People To Work With
Many Deadlines To Complete Work
Great
Financial Analyst III (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 27, 2014
Nice Company to work for overall. Organized and great to atmosphere.
Microsoft
Principle Solution Architect (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 27, 2014
Microsoft was a great experience and helped me built my knowledge and my leadership skills and understanding of global business..
Voted Best Place to Work 2014
Business Administrator LCA/Marketing (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 27, 2014
Fun energetic environment with people from all walks of life.
Lot's of opportunities to grow
Anonymous (Current Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free drinks; flexible work hours
I've spent many years at Microsoft and have a great deal of gratitude for the personal and professional growth I've experienced over the years. The culture is competitive and that got both good and bad attributes to it.
Flexible fostered analytical thinking
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, MAAugust 25, 2014
A comfortable work environment, coworkers encouraged new ideas as well as upper management
Flexible hours and a very welcoming environment
Work hard, customer focused, driven for success, how can I enable my Executives to be successful?
Administrative Assistant to the General Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: work hard/play hard mentality. we all get it done together for a win/win.
Cons: it's a challenge to schedule time off, but my executives have all endorsed time off and it is indeed enjoyed.
Each day is driven by the Executives calendar. I plan an entire fiscal year mapping to his/her Managers' Rhythm of the Business calendar. I schedule the Executives' calendar a year out and more to include typical meetings. This includes all of the work-back meetings to prep with Directs, to ensure no surprises or fire drills. We team together to ensure – more... the success of our Executive.

We work hard and play hard, to accommodate different work-styles and the work/life balance each person's schedule requires. From am to post work, to during work hours: 1) Brownbag meetings; 2) Morale events; 3) All Hands meetings, where our attendance includes global team members; 4) Mentor meetings; 5) Key Management meetings and work-back meetings so that there is significant work time blocked to hold these annual/semi-annual review meetings.

The most challenging job, where it happens at every company, is managing space. This is while ensuring seniority dates and manager requirements are respected and adhered to.
I've managed moves from 40-800 people, from 5 buildings into one building, and scheduled 6 months to a year out. Each move has been a success.

The most enjoyable part of my job is have my Executive and Team successful all up. Everyone loves coming to work and at the end of the day, everyone is a successful contributor and they feel a part of a work family. – less
Intelligent people but have to deal with politics
Business Analyst Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2014
People are very intelligent. However, lots of politics in this company.

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited is a subsidiary of US software giant Microsoft Corporation headquartered in New Delhi. – Read more