Microsoft

Microsoft Employer Reviews

A Dreamplace
Partner Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: great lively place to work with a lot of innovation
Cons: in the erp and crm space, there is a lot of customer facing exposure required, and this is something i couldn't grab, as a skill, at microsoft.
Microsoft, is one company, i would love to go back and work for, in the future. This company is the only company, till date, who has rewarded me for successful completion of tasks and activities.
Great Company
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee), Reston, VAJanuary 3, 2014
I learned that the stack ranking system of management is the best way to get employees to hate one another. They have since changed from this barbaric practice and I would highly recommend them as a great company.
Very exciting environment.
Software Engineer II (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: free drinks, work from home, casual dress, flexible hours, some great managers
Cons: very high stress
Amazing 12 years. Learned in depth DW, TSQL and whole SQL Stack.
productive, fun, memorable
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aventura, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Not only did I learn so much about the company itself but also I had the joy of giving others such as customers the knowledge of what Microsoft has to offer within the company and its products
Fun Work Environment
LEAD SALES AND SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: healthcare benefits
Microsoft was a great place to work. It allowed to take on difficult projects and the make clients happy. It also afforded me the opportunity to manage a team.
Productive and Fun
Contractor (Current Employee), Las Colinas, TXDecember 31, 2013
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: segregated by fte and non-fte employees
Great work environment, they have wonderful facilities and the people was great
awsome job with a great livley enviorment
Product Advisor (Former Employee), Natick, MADecember 30, 2013
Pros: playing with the lastest and greatest technology
Cons: no cons
from the start of my shift till the end of it, there was never a dull moment, everyone is always happy and excited for another day at work. I think it has to be one of the most enjoyable jobs on the planet, from playing the latest and greatest Xbox games to hosting incredible launch parties for new products its just an all around amazing experience.
Brief
Customer Advocate (Current Employee), Irving, TXDecember 30, 2013
Very relaxed environment, most things are learned on the fly you MUST adapt to your surroundings quickly!
It's alright.
Product Demonstrator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 30, 2013
More training would've been beneficial to the position. I was thrown on the floor and not really told what to do or how to do it.
Fun place and catered lunch all the time
Product Advisor (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CADecember 28, 2013
Great time with an in store DJ, fun people to work with and you get to play video games
good organization
MSCIS (Contractor) (Former Employee), RedmondDecember 27, 2013
good people -- you need to like ambiguity

project based

diverse culture

changing priorities
It is a good company
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 26, 2013
Pros: work flexibility - work from home
I have a lot of fun in Microsoft, It is always something new to change and challenge our minds to do better
Work Life balance
Program Manager II - Service Continuity Management (Former Employee), Redmond WADecember 26, 2013
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: not much in the way of work-life balance
From my experience Microsoft Management states that they want all employees to have a good work/life balance but their actions to date do not support the statements. Employees quite often get penalized for not working 60-80 hours a week as that is what Management deems as the norm. While employees may be able to get their jobs done in 40, perception – more... is that they aren't doing a good job unless they live at their desk 24/7. Happy they decided to do away with "Stack Ranking" since I have seen many very good employees get canned because their peers know more managers than they do. – less
AWESOME place to work
GTO Tester (Current Employee), Redmond, WADecember 20, 2013
The only reason why I left was to go back and get my degrees. The people were great, and the benefits were amazing.
Best company to work for
Tech Advisor (Former Employee), Bellevue, WADecember 19, 2013
Microsoft is so infrastructurally sound and incredibly resourceful.
Product and fun loving company
TEST LEAD, ADITI TECHNOLOGIES, Bellevue, Seattle (Current Employee), Caradigm, chevy chase, MarylandDecember 17, 2013
Good company, good culture, free working time. good environment
Great atmosphere
Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CADecember 17, 2013
Everyone is very welcoming when you get hired on and always eager to help you improve. For a Technical advisor a typical day is either being an Answer Desk Tech or Back of House Tech. The Answer Desk Tech will assist customer that come in with computer problems and give them the best advice on how to fix the problem or replace the PC. The Back Of House – more... tech's responsibility is to repair the PC that the customer has left. – less
fun working with all different Nationality people from different backgrounds
Italian Xbox Localizer (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 17, 2013
Pros: enjoyed the company and we all helped each other.
checking all screens of xbox for Italian localization, Case studies, VUI testing, finding bugs for the speicific language. I learned to work on multiple things and report all bugs in different types of programs.
Enjoyed working with all different nationality people from different backgrounds. The hardest part was when many cases came in at the same – more... time and only had a certain amlount of time to get them all done (fast paced). The managers were great and very supportive and helpful. – less
retail devision employee
Inventory Control Expert (Former Employee), seattle, waDecember 15, 2013
Microsoft Retail is a growing company with lots of room to expand and move up. My role was maintaining and correcting inventory levels, ordering products as well as giving the highest level of customer service possible.
Company is Heath wise conscious
Technical Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), Issaquah, WADecember 11, 2013
Contract management with CSR skills ... Worked as back up lead training new team members as well as an escalation point for the team.
Dealing with unruly customer can be a challenge at times but do able.

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's – Read more