Microsoft
1,172 reviews

Microsoft Employee Reviews

Good
Staff Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Good company, great benefits. Encourages collaboration with others.
Hardest part of the job is the travel. Most engagements, you are required to be onsite, no matter where in the country.
Smart Passionate People
Principal Program Manager (Former Employee), Redmond WAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great people, great passion, great technology
Cons: work life balance
Microsoft is a great place to work. I loved my 15 years delivering world class enterprise solutions. I had a great experience and my family is financial stable due to the success of Microsoft.

Work life / balance is tough, I felt I was always on call, yet I enjoyed walking into the office every day.

It is more competitive than it needs to be. Microsoft is losing great people to Google, Amazon, & Facebook due to the internal competitive model. The competitive model needs to be focus on external competition rather than internal.
Not the best
Product Advisor (Current Employee), Danbury, CTFebruary 21, 2015
working for forever 21 was not something I wanted to do but I was young and I needed a job and I love working at stores that just opened up, but that store was stressful and annoying most days
Senior Test Lead (Former Employee), Redmond WaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: you have alot of flexibility to make change
Cons: sometimes politics got in the way of doing the right thing, the review system focused on competing with your peers instead of the companies competition.
I worked at Microsoft for 20 years and loved it. Sometimes the days were long but the challenges and sense of accomplishment made it all worth while. The people there are amazing and the new CEO is getting the company going in the right direction again.
Microsoft offers exciting opportunities for software developers
Senior Software Design Engineer in Test (Former Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: microsoft campus
Cons: heathcare, long work hours
Microsoft is an exciting place to work, however there is considerable room for improvement regarding the work/life balance. The engineers working at Microsoft are passionate and dedicated to delivering cutting edge technology to the world. I enjoyed my time with the company.
Balanced Work place
Product Adviser (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: long breaks and discounts on products
Cons: uniforms
Teaching Microsoft Word to group and kids and Women
Advised Customer of what devices they need with abilities they need it to have
open and close
clean and dust
sales
troubleshooting
Returns
Unselling
Great company to work for, great culture and development resources.
Assistant Specialty Store Manager (Former Employee), NJFebruary 17, 2015
Microsoft is a great company to work for. During my time there I have developed in depth more knowledge with hardware and software.
Sharepoint lead developer
SharePoint Lead Solution Developer (Current Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 17, 2015
Over 8 Years of experience in IT with expertise in wide range of Microsoft technologies across all layers of enterprise level applications. Extensive and proven expertise in all aspects of performing complex administration, development, installation, configuration, and upgrade and migration tasks associated with Enterprise SharePoint Platform and Applications. Experience in Software design, analysis, development, testing and implementation of secure n-tier client/server web based applications using .NET Technologies and Sql Server database.
Awesome place to work!
Tier III Global Escalation Case Administrator (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TexasFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free drinks in break rooms, one hour lunches, great cafeteria with foosball, shuffleboards and more, great people to work with, easy access to xbox to test contents, company contests
Cons: cramped cubicles when we were paired with another co-worker.
Customer communication was primarily through email. I acquired new software knowledge on Microsoft's Xbox advocacy regarding Accounts, Credit, and Purchases. I learned, taught, and provided my co-workers the best support to teach them the value of a Team. The Co-workers were the best part of the job that I enjoyed. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting video content that were sometimes out of order, in the wrong language, and not received for the customers. Retrieving and finding the source of the problem was difficult due to the little information we had on some video contents. The hardest part of the job was when there was duplicate accounts that conflicted with customers making purchases.
Self Managed
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee), MarylandFebruary 16, 2015
Great Place to work ! Self Managed, great pay and work schedule. Great Work/Life Balance. Management is very supportive and do not micromanage.
fun expereince that gave me a look at what it is like to work with Microsoft personel.
Microsoft Student Partner (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: very free environment
Cons: strict project scopes
Received assistance when I required it and could count on my coworkers if i ever needed anything. Management was easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet strict project requirements. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Great place to start, depending on the team
Software Development Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 13, 2015
I've worked there on one fantastic team for over 3.5 years. I have very few complains about working there, although I have had friends in the company who found themselves working in teams with toxic cultures.

Typical day:
Most days were work item focused. My team would have a scrum once or twice a week. Once a week I'd check in with my lead, and depending on the phase of development there'd be a meeting or two during the day.

Management:
Management was pretty friendly and accommodating for the most part. I have never had to deal with anything overly bureaucratic. If something seems dumb, just check with someone to see if you actually have to do it. Odds are you don't.

Co-workers:
I found 99.9% of the people there friendly and professional. Definitely a place I'd return to in the future.
Excellent team
Business Systems Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 13, 2015
Microsoft is a huge company, and I was fortunate to have a great manager and excellent coworkers. I had some very interesting projects to work on.
Exciting, fast paced environment.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great team to work for
Cons: currently on a vendor contract
A typical work day involves calendar management and support for 2 busy General Managers along with their team. Respond to email, approve expenses, work on projects, make travel arrangements, book conference rooms and order food & beverages for scheduled meeting. Will sometimes provide support to other GM's and VP if administrative support is out of office.
work for a sales team that travels extensively
Executive Business Administrator (Current Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: i like my managers and co workers
Cons: this is a temp position with no headcount for permanent position
I manage calendars for a VP, GM and Sr Director, book international travel, put together weekly bullet points from the team, order supplies for the team, order catering for meetings, book conf rooms. the hardest part of the job is that it isn't challenging enough and their isn't enough work to keep busy. did learn to manage budget which is a great skill to have.
Your on your own
Software Engineer Level 1 - Contractor (Former Employee), Fargo, NDFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: you get to put microsoft on your resume
Cons: you get virtually no help. no one helps you. you are on your own.
I thought working at microsoft I would learn a lot. I was disappointed. The technology is limited because you are only allowed to use microsoft products. The culture is quiet. You can't get up and talk to another person in the next cubicle. You have to instant message everyone and then you get into trouble when you miss a message or email.
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 7, 2015
awesome culture, interesting and challenging work, smart people but not so great management. lot of bureaucracy

Good benefits package especially medical
Great company, culture is challenging
Web Art Director (Current Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 6, 2015
Great company, culture is challenging, lots of opportunities but its more about who you know, than what you know.

I highly recommend working at Microsoft, you will learn and grow in a culture that can be both energizing and frustrating depending on the day.
SharePoint
SharePoint Developer and Portal Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: garage events
Cons: over time hours
Working on latest technologies and tools. Cross team colaboration and customer facing team. Designed and developed eRecord Center management application for digitalization of employee, customers and
Acquisition’s physical files into electronic digitalized record for 280K plus employees spread across 100 plus
countries Microsoft offices across the globe. Contributed in Global Migration, Merger & Acquisitions project
for data migration and issue resolution at Tier 3 support for external customers related issues.
Great Company culture, great benefits and great people
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great company values, great people and great benefits
Cons: the job is demanding and challenging but consequently a great place to learn and grow.
Microsoft is a company that really cares and invests in its employees and the community. Every day was a learning curve and a new different great adventure. My colleagues and management were absolutely fantastic! Cross-group collaboration is one of the greatest competencies required to be successful in Microsoft and people genuinely takes pride in helping each other succeeding.

About Microsoft

Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's – Read more

Microsoft Salaries