MicroStrategy Employee Reviews

Political "good o'l boys" that do not care about the employees
Senior Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAFebruary 21, 2017
Top down dictatorship. Don't expect to bring new ideas or work in a collaborative environment. If you like to plan before you act then avoid this place at all cost especially when working with cross functional teams.

Do you enjoy a balanced work/life - won't find that here!!!

For the most part the engineers are all really great people, can't think of one "jerk" on a team, good people.
Pros
location, competitive pay with bonus payout every quarter.
Cons
healthcare, 401K, no remote or flexibility schedules allowed
Great company to work if you don't mind traveling
Specialist Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 21, 2016
Like any other consulting company, if there's no work in your region, you're required to travel. MicroStrategy, in my opinoin, has the best Business Intelligence product and the focus has returned to where it should've been a couple of years ago. The people working there are very professional, easy going, and you never feel micromanaged or that you have a boss. You are trusted to do your part, contribute and play your role. If you don't then typically what you expect happens as in any company.

The best part about consulting is the variety of clients and work you get. You're always learning and growing. The money isn't bad either and there is opportunity to grow with the company.

I really don't have anything negative to say about the company. If they keep on the path, I think they will see a lot of growth, profit and opportunity.
nah
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VADecember 15, 2016
* no growth opportunities
* promotion/raise is impossible
* new hires makes more than you do
* many people looking for way-out
* high turn-over rate, company is replacing leaving employees with new hires
* on-site gym is the only good thing
Challenging work, very nice environment and co-workers
Incentives Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAOctober 4, 2016
Using a higher level of Excel, I improved my skills immediately at MicroStrategy. They offered extensive training to all employees. Management is very approachable, and open to new ideas.
Microstrategy
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VASeptember 16, 2016
Was able to get into the business intelligence field because of the opportunity my MSTR position and I am gratefully for it! Love the people in technical support!
Great work culture and great place to learn
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 16, 2016
Great work culture and a great place to learn about the Business Intelligence industry. New offices are great! I'd definitely work here again
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Slow career
A very bad place
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAFebruary 28, 2016
Complete disconnect between executive management and the rest of the company. Constant revolving door of management makes implementing effective and efficient changes impossible. Communication and institutional knowledge is now non-existent. Internal systems and processes are broken with no hope for improvement in the immediate future.
Pros
Nice Gym
Great Product Poor Strategic Planning and Follow Through
Vice President, Cloud Business Unit (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAFebruary 18, 2016
normal work environment, great people in the trenches, way to much politics and lack of loyalty from sr management. Hardest part of job is navigating the silo's and getting things done that requires working with other silo'ed organizations.
Pros
great co-workers, fairly good pay
Cons
lack of direction and follow through on vision
micro
Devops Specialist / Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 29, 2016
microstrategy is awesome for employment if you actually know how to do your job.
team work is strong in this enviornment
Better off working at Mcdonalds
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMarch 16, 2016
The CEO/Management here does not care about their employees. I started working here after having many close friends who advised me not to, and I regret not listening to them. Just a terrible place to work. Only pro I can think of (that can also be a con) is that it is right next to the mall...
Leader in the space of Business Intelligence
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 7, 2016
Great company that additionally provides great compensation of benefits that was able to rebound strongly from situations that directly impacted the business.
Great co workers and learning experience
systems engineer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 3, 2015
Its a good place to work, the work life balance is good mgmt is understanding about working from home taking days off taking extended planned vacations.company is could use more staffing as a result more is required of current employees, which includes more work but allows for greater learning opportunities. No one has ever left the company saying they didnt learn a great deal or have difficulty finding a new and usually much better job. Senior leadership can be quick to change without letting everyone know so direction of company can sometimes be unknown to employees.
Silicon Valley Style of Work without the production
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAAugust 18, 2015
Nothing happens in the office before 9am. People are all telecommuting, I would get in at 7:30 and not see a dozen people before 9:30. I learned to rein in my opinions about what could be improved. Their technology was built in-house, and was awful to use, not in the mainstream. Lack of clear communication throughout the company. Coworkers were really great people, camaraderie was fantastic. It was a pleasure going in to work every day. Getting your job done, and having to not make excuses based on the tools provided was the hardest part.

If you get offered a job at MicroStrategy, take it.
Pros
Great Culture, Really Smart People, Genuine feeling of wanting to get work done
Cons
Equipment and Technology
Good
Sr. BI Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 16, 2016
I would work with them again. Good benefits. Extremely knowledgeable staff. Recruiting pipeline is difficult and lacks information.
Daily Mailroom/Admin duties
Mailroom Clerk/ Facilities Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 1, 2013
I was responsible for daily delivery of inter office mail as well as shipping and receiving via USPS FedEx Ups and other Parcel companies.Conference room set up and providing copies and other request by employees. I was also responsible for building and set up of office space as well as the general upkeep of the inside and outside of the building
Pros
The pay and benefits were excellent with lots of overtime
Cons
A 2 hour 1 way commute
Fun work place , very demanding work hours
LEAD IT BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 7, 2014
The work load is absolutely overwhelming at most times. Even though it is a fun working environment the compensation is at the bare minimum for the position I am in currently.
Pros
Free Fitness facility and instructir led classes.
Cons
job advancement and financial compensation. Traffic and office location
Great learning experience with software and marketing
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 1, 2015
A strong enterprise software company serving majority of Fortune 500 companies presented me with the opportunity to learn online e-commerce marketing. This education prompted me to start my own software company, FriendTones.
Has its highs and lows
IT Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VADecember 17, 2014
Company has it's ups and downs. I joined when it was at a high, and it was shown from the enthusiasm of the employees. Company went through several layoffs and now the morale is just low. It is affecting the overall work ethic. Learned a lot from the time I was here and I don't regret it one bit.
Used to be a good company to work for
Lead Consultant for MicroStrategy on AWS (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 18, 2015
This is no longer a company you want to work for. The culture is toxin and no one is happy to come to work. If there is one word to describe management style it would be micromanagement. Not from your direct managers, but from the CEO himself.
Very diverse, friendly coworkers
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 17, 2015
Management is bad as it can get. Only the management gets opportunity, compensation and praises. Politics and favoritism.
Pros
Diversity, friendly peers
Cons
Bad Management and Politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MicroStrategy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9