MicroTech

MicroTech United States Employee Reviews

Microelectronic Assembler and Inspector
Temp agencies (Former Employee), Westwood, MAFebruary 4, 2015
Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine materials requirements or assembly instructions
Customer service
Technician II (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: love working with computers and our av system.
Cons: day to day not knowing if we are going to have a job due to the name/company changing ceos 3xs.
The company that i currently work for building AV(audio and video) systems for our Government customers, but mostly building a great relationship. A typical day for us is receiving inbound trouble calls troubleshooting, reading drawing to help resolve the customers issue and or sending our traveling techs to site to further troubleshoot and resolve the issues at hand. We also have a ticketing system called CRM that allows us to create tickets for all troubles, so every day we are updating our tickets in calling the customers(outbound calls) as a follow up and or to further troubleshoot.

Pro: Learning and expounding/expanding my knowledge with new things. assisting our customer with knowledge and or fixing their AV problems. at the end of the day putting a smile on their faces.

Con: Not being able to move it in the company and receiving raises.
Legal Experience
Warehouse helper (Former Employee), Stoughton MA 02072November 9, 2014
Pros: having all teh clues of what to do and when to so.
Cons: if you happen to ahve poor performance.
In the legal field there are always new things to learn and to work with, the interaction with clients, to fulfilled the commitment as a professional based not on the earnings but on the sole satisfaction of knowing your job in full, where to go what to do, the right word on the precise moment in which have to be use: have to learn how to manage your agenda, give and transmit a positive attitude. Inter relationship with co workers a top all the time being respectful, honest and dissent, empathetic. There was not hard part, rough situations of course but you have to know how to behave as a professional all the time. The most enjoyable part the satisfaction of the job well done, with the right and correct exercise of all the venues you are always guarantied to succeed in both levels professional and human.
Was a good company to work for.Sometimes no work.
mold remediation tech. (Former Employee), 400 Madison Ave.Orange Park Fl.32065August 1, 2014
Start the day with job overview to determine what is needed to start and complete the job at that time.Inspecting and wearing of PPE,tyveck suites,respirators,googles and gloves.Tearing out and removal of mold which can not be cleaned.Cleaning mold from items, inventory and pack up to be stored until clearance is achieved by testing.Some molds are very hazardous to your health and must be removed properly.Supervisors were great people to work with.Having to were the tyveck suites,respirators and gloves is hot and sweaty and sometimes confined spaces.Knowing that you are removing health risks so people can feel secure about their home or business.
Informal and diverse workplace
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Vienna, VAMay 26, 2014
Informal and diverse workplace with a good work-life balance.
Inactive Home Office
Network Administrator/ Lead Technical (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MOApril 14, 2014
Remote locations, dont expect help from home office. Goverment oversite is clueless and attempts to invole leadership from company is lacking.
Got to learn about electricity and got alot of driving time in
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Cantonment, FLJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: regular hours and weekends off
Cons: low salary, very few regular work days
The job was a good job for keeping my interest up, in another era of time would probably even could've made enough to make a go of it. Microwaves are cheaper to replace than to fix especially for a beginner
Microtech LLC
Senior Network Security Engineer (Former Employee), Tysons Corner, VAOctober 4, 2013
MicroTech offers technology services, cloud computing, network systems integration, unified communications & collaboration, product solutions, telecom solutions & integration, big data management and financial services to commercial enterprises, as well as the public sector — managing over half-a-million tech users daily.
Consultant on all aspects of IT platforms
Consultant - Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 31, 2013
Pros: great opportunity to meet new clients
Work directly with clients to implement new changes to their IT departments.
its ok
trainee (Former Employee), PhilippinesMay 22, 2013
Pros: related to my line
Cons: no payment
i designed there pcb with no payment
my supervisor always ask help for me in making there reports
Great experience
Video Bridge Operator (VTC Technician) (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 4, 2013
I did like working for Microtech, the job security was an issue but there were great benefits!
Keep the CEO Happy or you are OUT
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Vienna, VAAugust 13, 2012
Pros: great for former military...its a club
Cons: respect for the individual is lacking
This could be a great company but the chief executive's ego is blinding. Daily press releases extol the wonders of executive management. People come and go on a moment's notice. They have been riding the horse of government awards and being a company that is a minority-owned, disabled veteran small business. But now that that has changed (grew past small business status) sales will be a much greater challenge. No more "automatic" awards.
Don't work there
Proposal Director (Former Employee), Vienna, VAJuly 30, 2012
The owner gets rid of people on personal wims, with no notice. He treats staff terribly.
Great Company
MTAC Technician (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 17, 2012
Pros: relaxing work atmosphere
I like working for Microtech, but ready to move on to more of a hands on job. I have worked on the phones for 4 years now and ready to go back to more of what I did when I was in the military