Microvi is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and commercializes innovative biocatalytic technologies in water, energy and chemical industries. Microvi’s pipeline of solutions, created using its proprietary MicroNiche Engineering™ platform, enable cost-effective economics, a smaller footprint and increased productivity compared to current methods.
Microvi is seeking environmental engineers with a strong background in the biological treatment of various organic and inorganic pollutants in water and wastewater. The candidate must have at least three years of applied experience focusing on water technology process designs and at least one year of work experience in municipal wastewater treatment. The successful candidates will be a part of an interdisciplinary team responsible for researching, developing and implementing transformative, next-generation biocatalytic technologies for municipal wastewater treatment and other applications.
Your application will not be considered without the following qualifications:
- Three or more years of applied work experience related to the biological treatment of water and wastewater and one year of experience with municipal wastewater treatment technologies.
- A B.S, Masters, or PhD in environmental engineering or a closely related field of study
- Knowledge of engineered biological systems and bioreactors, BOD/COD, ammonia, phosphorus, microbial metabolism and physiology, and water technology research and development.
- Superb oral and written English skills
- Willingness to relocate to Microvi’s headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area
Successful applicants for this full-time position will be part of a fast-paced team-oriented environment dedicated to continued development of proven, scaled technologies for wastewater treatment.
Specific responsibilities include planning and executing laboratory projects, ensuring safety and quality control procedures are met, writing protocols and reports, analyzing data, keeping detailed records, collecting and analyzing samples, maintaining the highest level of confidentiality and scientific ethics, and contributing to the company’s self-starting, driven and passionate work environment.
Compensation will be highly competitive based on experience and qualifications.