Flexible Machining System (FMS) Machine Operator
Mid-Continent Engineering – Minneapolis, MN
Mid-Continent Engineering has an opening for 3rd Shift Flexible Machining System (FMS) Machine Operators.
Operation of the FMS machining lines which include the following:
- Load, unload, and deburr product.
- Perform set-ups according to loading instructions.
- Maintain machine coolant and chip levels.
- Inspect product.
- Maintain daily 5S
- Communicate any abnormalities, including product or equipment, to Lead person.
- Deliver defect-free products on time according to internal delivery schedules.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Ensure machines are operated in a safe and efficient manner that minimizes risk of injury and damage.
Mid-Continent’s expectations of this position include:
- Ensure and Promote Safety
- Follow Company Polices and Procedures
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year machine operation experience preferred
Skills and/or Knowledge Required/Preferred:
- A sound knowledge of blueprints and tolerances
- Knowledge of and able to use manual inspection equipment
- Must be able and willing to work in a team-based environment
- Able and willing to follow written and verbal instructions
This is an excellent starting position for anyone currently attending or just recently completed vocational training for machining.
3rd shift operates Friday - Sunday, 6:00am to 6:30pm and includes a $1.75 shift differential
- Great compensation
- Holiday, Vacation pay
- Awesome Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage, 401K
- Team oriented, growing company
Privately owned and established in 1949, Mid-Continent Engineering is a contract manufacturing firm performing all aspects of machining, including sheet metal, chemical conversion, painting, and precision welding of aluminum. Our greatest strength is complex, high-level assemblies. Working with the world's premier OEMs, we provide design, engineering, and project management services as well as machining and assembly.