Mid America Clinical Laboratories

Mid America Clinical Laboratories Employer Reviews

not the best place to work
Specimen Prep (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: gym, secure parking garage
Cons: no breaks, boring, repetitive, never get off of work on time
The work is easy, but you will be extremely bored. The supervisors don't help. The co workers are rude.
A typical day at work
Lab Coordinator (Former Employee), Elwood, INSeptember 10, 2014
My job keep me very busy all the time. I had a great team of co-workers, as well as management. I learned a lot of problem solving skills in this position, as well processing of specimens, scheduling of staff to cover the department. The hardest part of the job came later when I took a part time position with Hospital, and I had to make a decide who – more... to stay with for time management reasons. – less
fun workplace
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2014
Professional clinical lab environment with well organized benches. Challenging and rewarding.
I love what I do I just wish the "higher ups" loved and cared too!!
phlebotomist (Current Employee), IndianaMay 18, 2014
No organization, horrible management, terrible training processes!! Would not and will not recommend this place to anyone! Short staffed with no plans to fill positions that are desperately needed!!
Hostile environment!
Med Tech (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 29, 2014
Pros: parking garage, employees care about each other
Cons: managers don't care at all, overworked, under appreciated, stressful
HORRIBLE, AWFUL, TERRIBLE and a thousand other synonyms to describe this company. Management is set on "state domination" of the laboratory market and could care less about the employees that will be responsible for actually doing the work required from the hostile takeovers. Absolutely no loyalty to long term employees vs new, incompetent, hires. Pay – more... is OK and don't even think about a raise! The company tries to run as "lean" as possible to save money but all they end up doing is stressing out the employees who should be the focus of their concern. Management pulls supervisors from their current positions to fill the gaps in other areas which makes the entire company unstable. I would not recommend working for this company to anyone who asked me, not even my worst enemy! – less
Not a Pleasant Place
Aide (Current Employee), Indianapolis RegionalMarch 1, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: poor training and poorly managed
When you leave work you will be in tears from sadness or anger everyday.
Our goal is quality care and quality information to each and every person.
Account Sales Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 1, 2014
Mid America Clinical Laboratories, LLC is a joint venture company owned by and in partnership with Community Hospital, St. Vincent Hospital, Quest Diagnostics and CoLab. We are the largest clinical laboratory in Indiana. We complete over 4.5 million tests per year. This test volume has doubled over the last 6 years.
Enjoyed job and nice co-workers.
Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: people i worked with very nice still friends.
Busy and steady work all working together to get job done.i liked my job was good at it and really liked my co workers. Lab work is steady which i enjoy the pace of it.
Horrible place of employment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 30, 2013
Cons: everything
I enjoyed the type of work I did, but I didn't like the way the company treated their staff. I was always being talked down to. The company is full of drama and he said she said type situations.
Have nothing to say
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2013
Was a very busy position; was standing all day; could no longer do this position because of the physical demands; but did like this type of work can do phlebotomy just not all day standing and bending over
Would not recommend this company as an employer
medical technologist (Former Employee), central indianaJanuary 7, 2013
Company has multiple location in central Indiana with many hospitals outsourcing their Lab operations to this company. HR policies are not followed consistently in all locations-variation seems based on the regional director and how they wish to handle any given situation. This company seems much more interested in the bottom-line and patient-care is – more... an after thought. A co-worker was reprimanded for repeating a couple of tests with questionable tests because it was wasting resources. Upper admimistration presents themselves well to the hospital administrations they are involved with but are completely different to their employees. The location I was involved in had the lowest morale of any place I have ever worked and the regional manager seemed "proud" that the staff had a low opinion of her management skills and style.
I find this organization to be of questionable integrity and definitely not a desirable place to work. – less
Very very bad place to work.
Team lead (Current Employee), IndianapolisOctober 10, 2012
Pros: none.
Cons: everything.
Poor management.
Poor training.
Poor pay.
High turnover.
Ridiculously inept middle management.
Phleobots are nice but underpaid.
Great company with great pay.
Med Tech (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2012
Pros: great pay, benefits and indoor parking!
Cons: working weekends.
Mid America is a great company to work for. There is a good opportunity for advancement and have good pay rates. The training is excellent and they give you time to feel comfortable in each department before letting you work independently. Their benefit package is excellent. I would recomment this company to anyone seeking this profession.

About Mid America Clinical Laboratories

Let's hope the Hoosiers at Mid America Clinical Laboratories don't suffer from test anxiety. The company operates more than 30 – Read more