Mid America Clinical Laboratories Employee Reviews in United States

available in many locations
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  7910 E Washington St #120 Indianapolis,INMay 21, 2016
it can be within a doctor's office as inside provider service or at a patient service center, with multiple location.
team work, and training provided.
Pros
experienced service plus additional training provided, easy a close to work for it
Cons
not very good raises
Keep looking!! You will find much better
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2016
Horrible management! Extremely demanding and emotionally abusive work environments. Mandatory 6 day work week every third week. No flexibility with time off. Time off request must be submitted nearly 6 months in advance. I would not recommend this place to anyone!
good hours but no management support
Point of Care Resource Tech. (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2016
Hours were wonderful. Some Management have no ideal what they are doing and are pulling the company down. Not enough help. Cares very little about there employees. All they really care about are turn around times, which is very dangerous for patient safety.
Seriously behind the times!
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2016
Had to be the worst lab I have ever worked in. Very out-dated equipment and procedures. Manual blood-banking?! At a hospital the size I was at?! Good grief! Seriously under-staffed. Rude upper-management. But I did have a super lab manager. She was the only thing positive about my experience.
Pros
Great lab Manager
Cons
Antiquated equipment, barbariec procedures, severely short-staffed, very strict and uptight about any overtime
Worse place to work!!!
MT (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 20, 2016
This is the most deceitful company I have ever seen!! Management only cares about money; patient care does not matter. They lie to the hospitals about what they will do for them. They do not care about associates' personal lives & will not work with associates. Sites are kept understaffed to the point of not being safe; this is how they meet budget. HR will listen to any story an associate wants to tell & believe it if it fits their agenda. They have lost a lot of valuable & loyal employees over the past year!
Terrible management. Enjoy the actual work however.
Phlebotomist, ASCP (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 3, 2015
I used to thoroughly enjoy my job as a phlebotomist. I would come in and print a daily report, organize the workload, stock my tray, and begin the hourly work. Contact with the patients and other co-workers always kept my day enjoyable. The interaction with people kept a smile on my face. I am efficient in the tasks at hand and am regularly reminded so by others.
Management, however, does not recognize such achievements and hard work. In fact, I rarely receive a reply to emails or other issues brought to their attention. The compensation is unfair, and not based on years of experience or education, it seems to be random.
Team work is key in this field. Many stat labs or hourly draws can be overwhelming but working together helps lessen the load and keeps everyone happy. The most difficult part of the job is controlling personal emotions and feelings for our patients. It can be sad and heartbreaking at times. On the other hand, the most enjoyable is having small talk with a lonely elder just to see them perk up for a little while.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
poor management, high insurance rates
Changes are being made
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 2, 2015
This company is going through changes that will help them in the long run. Hopefully management will communicate more effectively.
Productive work environment
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2015
The first company I worked for as an MT. Some favoritism shown from management to employees that have been there a while regarding working with you on scheduling conflicts. Quick pace and sometimes understaffed meant you didn't always get a break. Learned how to troubleshoot the analyzers, most people were easy to get along with.
Pros
pay rate was good.
Cons
half an hour break is not enough and you didn't always get that.
Productive work enviornment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2014
Very good place to be employed. I learned a lot working there. Team work was awesome. There is plenty of room for growth within the company.
not the best place to work
Specimen Prep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2014
The work is easy, but you will be extremely bored. The supervisors don't help. The co workers are rude.
Pros
gym, secure parking garage
Cons
no breaks, boring, repetitive, never get off of work on time
A typical day at work
Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elwood, INSeptember 10, 2014
My job keep me very busy all the time. I had a great team of co-workers, as well as management. I learned a lot of problem solving skills in this position, as well processing of specimens, scheduling of staff to cover the department. The hardest part of the job came later when I took a part time position with Hospital, and I had to make a decide who to stay with for time management reasons.
fun workplace
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2014
Professional clinical lab environment with well organized benches. Challenging and rewarding.
I love what I do I just wish the "higher ups" loved and cared too!!
phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 18, 2014
No organization, horrible management, terrible training processes!! Would not and will not recommend this place to anyone! Short staffed with no plans to fill positions that are desperately needed!!
Hostile environment!
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 29, 2014
HORRIBLE, AWFUL, TERRIBLE and a thousand other synonyms to describe this company. Management is set on "state domination" of the laboratory market and could care less about the employees that will be responsible for actually doing the work required from the hostile takeovers. Absolutely no loyalty to long term employees vs new, incompetent, hires. Pay is OK and don't even think about a raise! The company tries to run as "lean" as possible to save money but all they end up doing is stressing out the employees who should be the focus of their concern. Management pulls supervisors from their current positions to fill the gaps in other areas which makes the entire company unstable. I would not recommend working for this company to anyone who asked me, not even my worst enemy!
Pros
parking garage, employees care about each other
Cons
managers don't care at all, overworked, under appreciated, stressful
Not a Pleasant Place
Aide (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis RegionalMarch 1, 2014
When you leave work you will be in tears from sadness or anger everyday.
Pros
overtime
Cons
poor training and poorly managed
Our goal is quality care and quality information to each and every person.
Account Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 1, 2014
Mid America Clinical Laboratories, LLC is a joint venture company owned by and in partnership with Community Hospital, St. Vincent Hospital, Quest Diagnostics and CoLab. We are the largest clinical laboratory in Indiana. We complete over 4.5 million tests per year. This test volume has doubled over the last 6 years.
Enjoyed job and nice co-workers.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2014
Busy and steady work all working together to get job done.i liked my job was good at it and really liked my co workers. Lab work is steady which i enjoy the pace of it.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
people i worked with very nice still friends.
Horrible place of employment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 30, 2013
I enjoyed the type of work I did, but I didn't like the way the company treated their staff. I was always being talked down to. The company is full of drama and he said she said type situations.
Cons
everything
Have nothing to say
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2013
Was a very busy position; was standing all day; could no longer do this position because of the physical demands; but did like this type of work can do phlebotomy just not all day standing and bending over
Would not recommend this company as an employer
medical technologist (Former Employee) –  central indianaJanuary 7, 2013
Company has multiple location in central Indiana with many hospitals outsourcing their Lab operations to this company. HR policies are not followed consistently in all locations-variation seems based on the regional director and how they wish to handle any given situation. This company seems much more interested in the bottom-line and patient-care is an after thought. A co-worker was reprimanded for repeating a couple of tests with questionable tests because it was wasting resources. Upper admimistration presents themselves well to the hospital administrations they are involved with but are completely different to their employees. The location I was involved in had the lowest morale of any place I have ever worked and the regional manager seemed "proud" that the staff had a low opinion of her management skills and style.
I find this organization to be of questionable integrity and definitely not a desirable place to work.

2.5