Mid America Clinical Laboratories Employee Reviews

Would not be my forst choice
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2017
Fast pace environment. Learned a lot. Management is not very interested in what is going on on the benches.Poor communication.The hardest part of the job is trying to stay professional while being treated unprofessionally. The most enjoyable part of the job is the benchwork.
overall good place to work but a lot of ebb and flows in business
Cytotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2017
Most days were predictable and fun. With changes in business needs, healthcare recommendations, staffing, etc. each day became more challenging. Last supervisor was a micromanager which doesn't bode well with cytotechs. we are self driven and techs who work independently. We don't need nor like micromanaging.
Pros
camaraderie, pay was good, hours were good
Cons
micromanaging
Most mismanageged company I've ever worked for.
Material Handler / Forklift / Courier (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 7, 2017
Hey don't take my word for anything go online and check out the reviews for this company on Glasdoor and even here on Indeed.
I've had to cash in my PTO time because you can't get a day off because we're so short on help.
By the way when you cash in your PTO the Government takes 1/3 of it for taxes because they consider it a bonus.
Pros
The people I work with.
Cons
Can't get pto or vacation time even when you have it coming to you.
I enjoyed working with MACL. I got along well with my co-workers and supervisors. STAT turn-around-time was very important for patient care.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working with the latest up-to-date analyzers and other lab equipment. I loved my second shift boss and the way she treated us all equal. She was also my weekend tech, so that was twice the blessing. The competencies were challenging but rewarding. I learned a lot working with all the other professionals at MACL.
Stop and read be for you proceed.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2017
This was one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. I worked for them for half a decade and received less than 13.00 in the end. All they care about is $$$ not employees. They also make you perform task you are not Legally qualified to do and if you question the matter you will be threatened and barred from moving in other departments. Keep moving don't get sidelined by the professional mannerisms form Human Resources for this will change when you meet the true colleague you will be working with. They constantly change the names of positions which leaves the current title holder out of job and send emails a few days later stating they are no longer with us. Many I have worked with have went to another lab/ hospital and had better results with better benefit. Just ask previous employees or look at the reviews they are true. This will not change until the policies are truly implemented. Starting with not running specimens past Stability.
Pros
Parking Garage to protect your car.
Horrible place to work!
Medical technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2016
All management cares about is $$$ and they could care less about the collateral damage(employees). They paint such a good picture of the organization in orientation, but it doesn't take long though to see the true picture. I enjoyed the people I worked with and unfortunately for them they are still there. This place was not worth all the stressed it caused.
available in many locations
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  7910 E Washington St #120 Indianapolis,INMay 21, 2016
it can be within a doctor's office as inside provider service or at a patient service center, with multiple location.
team work, and training provided.
Pros
experienced service plus additional training provided, easy a close to work for it
Cons
not very good raises
Keep looking!! You will find much better
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2016
Horrible management! Extremely demanding and emotionally abusive work environments. Mandatory 6 day work week every third week. No flexibility with time off. Time off request must be submitted nearly 6 months in advance. I would not recommend this place to anyone!
good hours but no management support
Point of Care Resource Tech. (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2016
Hours were wonderful. Some Management have no ideal what they are doing and are pulling the company down. Not enough help. Cares very little about there employees. All they really care about are turn around times, which is very dangerous for patient safety.
Seriously behind the times!
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2016
Had to be the worst lab I have ever worked in. Very out-dated equipment and procedures. Manual blood-banking?! At a hospital the size I was at?! Good grief! Seriously under-staffed. Rude upper-management. But I did have a super lab manager. She was the only thing positive about my experience.
Pros
Great lab Manager
Cons
Antiquated equipment, barbariec procedures, severely short-staffed, very strict and uptight about any overtime

Want to know more about Mid America Clinical Laboratories?

Ask a question
High Throughput Operation
Point of Care Technician (POCT) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 9, 2016
A fast paced work environment processing several thousand requests a day. Very team oriented in order to ensure productivity levels.
Worse place to work!!!
MT (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 20, 2016
This is the most deceitful company I have ever seen!! Management only cares about money; patient care does not matter. They lie to the hospitals about what they will do for them. They do not care about associates' personal lives & will not work with associates. Sites are kept understaffed to the point of not being safe; this is how they meet budget. HR will listen to any story an associate wants to tell & believe it if it fits their agenda. They have lost a lot of valuable & loyal employees over the past year!
Terrible management. Enjoy the actual work however.
Phlebotomist, ASCP (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 3, 2015
I used to thoroughly enjoy my job as a phlebotomist. I would come in and print a daily report, organize the workload, stock my tray, and begin the hourly work. Contact with the patients and other co-workers always kept my day enjoyable. The interaction with people kept a smile on my face. I am efficient in the tasks at hand and am regularly reminded so by others.
Management, however, does not recognize such achievements and hard work. In fact, I rarely receive a reply to emails or other issues brought to their attention. The compensation is unfair, and not based on years of experience or education, it seems to be random.
Team work is key in this field. Many stat labs or hourly draws can be overwhelming but working together helps lessen the load and keeps everyone happy. The most difficult part of the job is controlling personal emotions and feelings for our patients. It can be sad and heartbreaking at times. On the other hand, the most enjoyable is having small talk with a lonely elder just to see them perk up for a little while.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
poor management, high insurance rates
Changes are being made
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 2, 2015
This company is going through changes that will help them in the long run. Hopefully management will communicate more effectively.
Productive work environment
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2015
The first company I worked for as an MT. Some favoritism shown from management to employees that have been there a while regarding working with you on scheduling conflicts. Quick pace and sometimes understaffed meant you didn't always get a break. Learned how to troubleshoot the analyzers, most people were easy to get along with.
Pros
Pay rate was good.
Cons
Half an hour break is not enough and you didn't always get that.
Productive work enviornment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2014
Very good place to be employed. I learned a lot working there. Team work was awesome. There is plenty of room for growth within the company.
not the best place to work
Specimen Prep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2014
The work is easy, but you will be extremely bored. The supervisors don't help. The co workers are rude.
Pros
gym, secure parking garage
Cons
no breaks, boring, repetitive, never get off of work on time
A typical day at work
Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elwood, INSeptember 10, 2014
My job keep me very busy all the time. I had a great team of co-workers, as well as management. I learned a lot of problem solving skills in this position, as well processing of specimens, scheduling of staff to cover the department. The hardest part of the job came later when I took a part time position with Hospital, and I had to make a decide who to stay with for time management reasons.
fun workplace
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2014
Professional clinical lab environment with well organized benches. Challenging and rewarding.
I love what I do I just wish the "higher ups" loved and cared too!!
phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 18, 2014
No organization, horrible management, terrible training processes!! Would not and will not recommend this place to anyone! Short staffed with no plans to fill positions that are desperately needed!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mid America Clinical Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4