MID AMERICA HEALTH Employee Reviews

you get what you sign up for
Administrative & Chairside Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 28, 2017
You are a contractor, and that is it. Stress comes with the territory. The people you work on are horrible. It does not take long for you to get stressed out.
Pros
You actually have nice coworkers and support staff to talk amongst.
Cons
Pretty much everyone else you deal with is rude.
Good
State Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INAugust 8, 2017
Enjoyed working here, Great atmosphere, great management, fun staff. Provide good benefits and good benefits. If you are looking for a challenging, but rewarding career, this is the place
Secure Employment on Military Installation
Dental Assistant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Mayport, FLJune 1, 2017
It is difficult to gain employment opportunities on any military base when you are a civilian, whether a spouse of a military member or not. Mid-America Health offered me the ability to work on the base in a more secured environment, allowing me to learn many more skills which would have been difficult to obtain within private clinics.
Pros
Excellent work times, above average hourly pay rates, and vacation time allowed
Cons
Little communications from parent company, no managerial protections between military and civilian groups
Dental
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 25, 2017
Great work experience with this company. Knowledge of government contracts. Would work with contract again. Good benefits with health,dental and vision.
Productive work environment with a great variety of opportunities
State Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 9, 2017
I do love the job I have with this company and everyone who is involved with keeping the company going. We are all a team and have a lot of work on our hands. I have a 401k set up and great benefits along with it. Getting plenty of time on the holidays with our families and friends. They are very understanding and want to make sure we have what we need to have a great work experience. Great boss who is very understanding and great help with advice.
Pros
Free lunch time to time, holiday pay, healthcare, Pto
Cons
Desk job, very routine
Great, Employee-oriented Company
Management (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 9, 2016
I've worked for Mid America Health for almost 10 years. This company distinguishes itself from others by being family-focused and employee-oriented. I appreciate the extensive paid time off provided. I also greatly appreciate the fact that our insurance premiums increases for 2017 are minimal, if at all, thanks to our company's contribution. I value my superiors and my staff greatly! I plan to retire here.
Pros
Pto, Work Hours
Cons
Sometimes working as a government contractor can present challenges.
Careing
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WINovember 9, 2016
Working at this company is an great opportunity and can improve your work experience and all the staff is great even the on hand training even the benefits of
Pros
Helping others
Excellent company to work for!!!!!
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 4, 2016
Mid America Health was one of my absolute favorite companies to work for, not often as an employee do you truly feel appreciated by the company. Not to mention I got to "give back" to the community by providing cleanings to the incarcerated, while receiving a generous compensation. If I had not decided to become a stay at home mom for my children, I would have never left this company. Definitely a place where you can grow in your career!!!!
Pros
Competitive compensation, holidays and weekends off, benefits, and some of my favorite co workers of all time!!!
Cons
The only con I can think of is, we did not receive all the holidays off, though I may be spoiled, sometimes a girl would like Arbor Day off
Great Company with Great People
Dentist (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 4, 2016
I love working for Mid America Health! The management team are all super approachable and eager to help. I was shocked reading some of the other reviews on here. I honestly don't think they are for the same company. For example, most dental staff are never expected to order supplies or do other work from home. Primarily, we don't even have to deal with the typical paperwork of a private practice. All of my peers and employees in other offices come in, do our work, and go home. That's it. We don't work late hours. We don't work weekends. Our schedules rarely change, if ever. For any other readers that may not be sure who to believe, consider the turnover with the company... the majority of the dentists that I personally know have 5+ years seniority with several in the 10+ category. Hygienists never leave this company. I've never heard of anyone being fired on a whim. In fact, when I've had DAs fired, Corporate gave them more chances than I would have if they were in my private practice.

Is the company perfect? No. But, who is? This company cares about their employees and works hard to provide an excellent work/life balance. Not enough companies value that anymore these days.
Pros
Stress-free work, Great hours, Corporate team that cares, Full benefits
Cons
Pay could be better but it's offset by benefits, Taxpayers want teeth pulled not saved
Very draining and dissapointing. No opportunity for advancement only cuts.
Office Manager/Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHAugust 25, 2016
They ask too much out of their employees with out any additional compensation. They will expect you to change your schedule at a drop of a hat. They don't follow their own rules and regulations written in their handbook.
Cons
No breaks and only a halfhour lunch onsite even during a 10 hour work day.
Good Luck
Dental assist (Former Employee) –  southeastJanuary 16, 2015
Your expected to work in the field and continue working at home. You're doing a job of 3 people. No employee recognition And it doesn't matter how good you are, they will FIND something to let you go about without warning. Don't dare ask for no pay increase after a year of busting your butt.....They dont have a high turnover for no reason.
Pros
Freedom of no supervisor
Cons
no consideration for personal time
Exciting,challenging and rewarding
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 18, 2014
Never the same. Each day a encounter. The management team allow you to think out side the box to find solutions to everyday issue. Co-workers challenge you to do more than you think you can do. The most enjoyable part of the job was family came first.
Pros
Alway something to celebrate-birthday
Cons
acquistion
Company is no longer in business
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 22, 2013
Best company I ever worked for. This company was a family first company with great moral at all levels.
Management is nonsupportive and missing in action
Dental Slave (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 5, 2012
They make sure that if you are part time, you stay that way so you can't get benefits. They want you to spend a lot of your free (off-the-clock) time doing their business for them; ie, buying supplies that you do get reminbursed for the purchase but not your time, making long-distance calls to other team members on your phone and your personal time--again, not on the clock.

Don't have an educated opinion--you'll get fired
productive work place
Dental Assistant/Oral Surgery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCSeptember 10, 2012
This is a very good company to work for.They are a very understanding company and help you in anyway they can.Never a problem when you need answers for any reason.
Pros
hour lunches
Fun and productive place to work
Business Analyst/Information Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 17, 2012
Lots of opportunities for growth and development in career.