Mid Atlantic Retina Employee Reviews

Many changes and Stressful
Pre-Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 13, 2017
A typical day consisted of maintaining proper order from most important to least. If you really need a job and this place happens to show up keep to yourself and stay occupied at all times. Pay attention to every little detail because it will come back to bite you later if there ends up being a mistake. I learned many new insurances and a new system that requires a lot of skill. Training was definitely an issue. They throw you on the phone right after a week and I'd suggest to ask to be trained in all aspects of whatever your job entitles. If they feel threatened by your questions and responses they will have a way of telling you one thing and then another thing that has absolutely nothing to do with your question. Everything is thrown at you. Management was a bit difficult to deal with. Of course if there is an issue you will be reprimanded but some things were VERY unnecessary and could have been given a pass. They always have potlucks and order free lunch for the employees from time to time.
Pros
Free lunches, Half hour paid break
Cons
worked in a professional manner
Surgical coord. (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJApril 27, 2017
Typical work day 6 hours of computer work, long phone calls with patients. Hours of medical reports to be sought after.
there was no supervisor for a few months. Work place culture was difficult at times working with so many women. The hardest part of my job was sitting for long hours and stress of completing each surgery patient and getting the patient to get testing done.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when the patient came back for post op being happy and glad they went through with the surgery and grateful to my helping them through their journey.
Pros
close to home and benefits
Cons
working several offices and time constraints
productive work place and fun place to work
Ophthalmic Technician (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAFebruary 26, 2017
Many many patients. You learn tips on how to do your work quicker and better. Management is great. There is a family culture. The hardest part of the job is getting off on time and the enjoyable part of the job is work with the great patients.
Pros
Free lunch from drug representatives, free lunch from doctors, two bonuses a year, annul raise
Cons
not getting off in a timely manner, not enough training
hard work, excellent co-workers; but travel required at times
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 12, 2017
hard work, excellent co-workers; but travel required at times. twenty words minimum. not a big fan of surveys. just looking for a job
Great doctors!
Technician (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 6, 2016
Under staffed over worked 10hrs days with no time for breaks.....managers do not have proper training ,no management experience anybody can be a manager doesn't matter how long you work there or what you know. Upper management do not care...
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Short lunch breaks, long hrs, understaffed, patients wait hours to be seen schedules are overbooked
Great doctors, bad management
Ophthalmic Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 29, 2016
I love my job and what I do. The doctors, technicians, and patients are amazing. However, management is horrible. Pay is low, advancement is rare, and if/when you have an issue and go to someone to discuss it you end up being reprimanded. The company doesn't encourage its technicians to better themselves in their job by studying for certifications (no raise, no time off for classes, etc). Manager is never available to help on the floor, reprimands and belittles staff in front of patients, and does not advocate for the employees.
Pros
great doctors, tech staff, & patients
Cons
horrible management, low pay
Quality organization
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PAMay 9, 2016
Mid Atlantic Retina has been a great place to work for me and my family. Good benefits, semi-annual bonuses, doctors really care for their patients. Management needs to spend more time in the field so we can voice our concerns, especially in billing.
Pros
Quarterly appreciation lunches, profit sharing, semi annual bonuses, 401k plan, medica and disablity insurance, dental and vision, gift cards for birthday from CEO
Cons
Busy patient schedule, stressful at times
Top notch surgeons, friendly staff. Company has grown, upper management is under qualified.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PADecember 16, 2015
Long hours, under staffed. Staff do not trust or respect upper management. Great benefits, hardworking staff and doctors.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management is unrealistic and out of touch with employees
unorganized chaos
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PAJuly 20, 2015
A typical work day is extremely busy, which I love, but the management is very poor and does not care about their employees. This company is a revolving door. Everyone is under paid and over worked. To be honest the only good thing about this company is that the benefits aren't too bad and I love all of my coworkers. Thankfully we all work together well and have each other to fall back on if we have any questions about anything since the management is always MIA and the CEO doesn't have time for you...ever.
Pros
great coworks and nice patients for the most part.
Cons
being mistreated by the doctors, poor management, under paid.
Good first work experience
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PAJune 17, 2014
This was a temporary position at my sister's work place. They were changing computer systems and being good at technology- I was recruited to help set up their computer base

Want to know more about Mid Atlantic Retina?

Ask a question
Healthy Work Environment
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 5, 2014
This is a wonderful company to work for and if I still wanted to live in Pennsylvania I would be staying. They are growing by leaps and bounds....the environment is clean and healthy....the people are very caring and ready to help in all aspects of the practice.
Pros
Bi-yearly bonus, good salary increases, free lunches, employee appreciation lunches, basaball/flyers tickets give aways
Bad place to work
general (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 27, 2013
A very bad place to work. Whatever office you work with, you will meet some great people, but the company as a whole stinks. They are always making changes and back-pedal realizing their outcome. Not a great place to work if you want to advance, very limited. C-level executives are terrible and the only person you can trust is yourself. Beware.
Pros
Decent benefits with small amount taken out
Cons
Corporate mind set
great staff
staff (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2013
Very tight knit group of girls
Always a chance to learn something new
Pros
room for advancement
Not much down time in this clinic
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PaDecember 31, 2012
I learned alot from the job and took the skills I learned from that job and applied them to my present position.
Great patients and doctor
Ophthalmic Technician/Retinal Photographer/Scribe (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDAugust 30, 2012
Typical day was great volume of patients. I was the doctors right hand and scribe.Assisted with lasers,injections,and surgical procedures.i also performed color photography and angiograms.
Pros
doctor paid for lunches frequently
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mid Atlantic Retina. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8