Mid Atlantic Retina Employee Reviews

Great doctors, bad management
Ophthalmic Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 29, 2016
I love my job and what I do. The doctors, technicians, and patients are amazing. However, management is horrible. Pay is low, advancement is rare, and if/when you have an issue and go to someone to discuss it you end up being reprimanded. The company doesn't encourage its technicians to better themselves in their job by studying for certifications (no raise, no time off for classes, etc). Manager is never available to help on the floor, reprimands and belittles staff in front of patients, and does not advocate for the employees.
Pros
great doctors, tech staff, & patients
Cons
horrible management, low pay
Great doctors!
Technician (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 6, 2016
Under staffed over worked 10hrs days with no time for breaks.....managers do not have proper training ,no management experience anybody can be a manager doesn't matter how long you work there or what you know. Upper management do not care...
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Short lunch breaks, long hrs, understaffed, patients wait hours to be seen schedules are overbooked
Quality organization
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PAMay 9, 2016
Mid Atlantic Retina has been a great place to work for me and my family. Good benefits, semi-annual bonuses, doctors really care for their patients. Management needs to spend more time in the field so we can voice our concerns, especially in billing.
Pros
Quarterly appreciation lunches, profit sharing, semi annual bonuses, 401k plan, medica and disablity insurance, dental and vision, gift cards for birthday from CEO
Cons
Busy patient schedule, stressful at times
hard work, excellent co-workers; but travel required at times
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 12, 2017
hard work, excellent co-workers; but travel required at times. twenty words minimum. not a big fan of surveys. just looking for a job
Top notch surgeons, friendly staff. Company has grown, upper management is under qualified.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PADecember 16, 2015
Long hours, under staffed. Staff do not trust or respect upper management. Great benefits, hardworking staff and doctors.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management is unrealistic and out of touch with employees
unorganized chaos
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PAJuly 20, 2015
A typical work day is extremely busy, which I love, but the management is very poor and does not care about their employees. This company is a revolving door. Everyone is under paid and over worked. To be honest the only good thing about this company is that the benefits aren't too bad and I love all of my coworkers. Thankfully we all work together well and have each other to fall back on if we have any questions about anything since the management is always MIA and the CEO doesn't have time for you...ever.
Pros
great coworks and nice patients for the most part.
Cons
being mistreated by the doctors, poor management, under paid.
Bad place to work
general (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 27, 2013
A very bad place to work. Whatever office you work with, you will meet some great people, but the company as a whole stinks. They are always making changes and back-pedal realizing their outcome. Not a great place to work if you want to advance, very limited. C-level executives are terrible and the only person you can trust is yourself. Beware.
Pros
Decent benefits with small amount taken out
Cons
Corporate mind set
Healthy Work Environment
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 5, 2014
This is a wonderful company to work for and if I still wanted to live in Pennsylvania I would be staying. They are growing by leaps and bounds....the environment is clean and healthy....the people are very caring and ready to help in all aspects of the practice.
Pros
Bi-yearly bonus, good salary increases, free lunches, employee appreciation lunches, basaball/flyers tickets give aways
Great patients and doctor
Ophthalmic Technician/Retinal Photographer/Scribe (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDAugust 30, 2012
Typical day was great volume of patients. I was the doctors right hand and scribe.Assisted with lasers,injections,and surgical procedures.i also performed color photography and angiograms.
Pros
doctor paid for lunches frequently
Cons
poor management
great staff
staff (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2013
Very tight knit group of girls
Always a chance to learn something new
Pros
room for advancement
Good first work experience
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PAJune 17, 2014
This was a temporary position at my sister's work place. They were changing computer systems and being good at technology- I was recruited to help set up their computer base
Not much down time in this clinic
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PaDecember 31, 2012
I learned alot from the job and took the skills I learned from that job and applied them to my present position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mid Atlantic Retina. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8