Mid Coast Hospital Employee Reviews

A sinking ship
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mid coast senior health centerOctober 17, 2016
Very unprofessional environment. Laughable pay and "incentives", condescending and clueless management. Constant staffing issues. No opportunity to advance. Typically 10 cent raise each yr.
Pros
Some coworkers, most clients
Cons
Terrible benefits, hr, management
I enjoyed the interaction with the patients.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEApril 3, 2016
I enjoyed my time spent at Mid Coast Hospital. It was a pleasure learning the day to day tasks of a Pharmacy Technician in a hospital setting.
Mid Coast Hospital overall has been a great place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist/Liaison (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEMarch 14, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of transcribing acute care reports, i.e. History & Physical, Discharge summary, consultations, procedure reports, behavioral health, etc.

I learned a lot in my 18 years with Mid Coast. I became a skilled transcriptionist in many different specialities. I was given some responsibility, i.e. when Supervisor was away I was put in charge. I also had opportunity to train new employees.
Management was good most of the time. In my 18 years at Mid Coast we went through five Directors and one of my coworkers became my supervisor. Our current Director is a good manager.

I didn't find anything particularly hard about my job and sometimes found it was not challenging enough. I was given more responsibility as the years went by and my supervisor felt comfortable leaving me in charge in her absence.

I got along very well with my co-workers and I am still in touch with those who have retired or left for other reasons.

The hardest part of the job was that it could be boring at times and I needed more of a challenge.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working as a team and producing quality work.
Pros
comfortable work environment, good benefits.
Cons
hard to get vacation time, would have to compete with everyone for time off, had to find own coverage for time off.
Productive and fun place to work
Diagnostic Imaging Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEAugust 29, 2015
typically busy but makes your day go by fast, management and co-workers were fun to work with, hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult patients and sometime long wait times.
Great Hospital and very caring staff
SURGICAL SCHEDULER/ RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJanuary 28, 2014
A typical day at work always were with smiles and kindness
I always learned something new each day.
Management was always there for me if needed.
Co workers were always helpful and fun.
The hardest part of the job was selecting what desert to have when someone had a celebrating Birthday.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients and seeing their smiles on their faces.
Pros
Free coffee
Mid Coast Hospital
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEFebruary 27, 2015
I have worked for Mid Coast Hospital since July of 2008. Mid Coast has a very friendly work culture and has been achieved magnet status for years. Patient care at Mid Coast is second to none and patients continually compliment how Mid Coast is the friendliest hospital they have been to.
Pros
Amazing people, Great work culture.
Cons
Food options in the cafe.
Great Pay with a Not so great atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEOctober 15, 2015
I enjoyed my coworkers and the job, but it was not a company that showed gratitude or appreciation towards their employees for doing extra
Pros
Great Coworkers and I loved the job
Cons
Human Resources
Great co-workers
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEMay 8, 2014
MCH is a great place to work. Co-workers are wonderful and management is supportive and very involved.
Pros
Great community hospital
great atmosphere and culture
Staff sonographer (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJune 18, 2014
So far so good at Mid Coast Hospital in Brunswick Maine. Wonderful atmosphere and the culture is a positive one.
Pros
employee discounts for simple medication and also employee discount in the cafe
great
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEAugust 14, 2015
the best place to work in the world! I love my coworkers they are wonderful. I look forward to work every single day! The best part of my day in all day!

Want to know more about Mid Coast Hospital?

Ask a question
Modern facility with new emergency department. This is a magnet hospital, low turnover and strong nursing leadership.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MENovember 3, 2012
Mid size emergency department which serves coastal communities around Brunswick, ME. Modern and efficient emergency department which is equipped to treat most emergencies. Friendly environment with experienced staff.
Pros
magnet, evidenced based practice
Cons
usually need to contend with construction to/from work.
Excellent facility with small respiratory therapy department.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJanuary 18, 2014
Two respiratory staff on days, one on nights. Busy department with much ground to cover for a smaller community hospital. Physician, nursing, and allied health display great respect for each other with strong and effective communication skills.
My Mother made me..
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJuly 11, 2012
But after the first summer I was hooked, I really enjoyed volunteering. It taught me a lot about working and helping other people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mid Coast Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3