Mid Coast Hospital Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Stay away
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEOctober 23, 2017
The hospital lies to it's employees. Was told by HR that the department was downsizing but a few days later my position was posted. HR is a joke and you can't believe anything they tell you. The managers and HR work as a team to screw over the employees that have been there for years. Stay away or you will be downsized. I am thinking about taking this to the Dept of Labor to discuss the treatment of their employees.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Sucky management, raises and evaluation not done timely, talk out of both sides of their mouth
Very busy yet inviting environment to work in
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEOctober 13, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Mid Coast Hospital. It's a beautiful facility, very immaculate, staff is friendly and they offer free coffee to staff throughout the day.
Pros
Free coffee
Excellent Organization, very supportive of employees.
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEAugust 12, 2017
The department was well run, employees were appreciated for the work they did. Monthly staff meetings allowed staff to be apprised of the overall health of the organization. Staff were compensated for doing a job well done.
Pros
Supportive work environment.
Cons
Hours were somewhat inflexible.
Brunswick
Medical Surgical RN (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJuly 19, 2017
I found the head nursing staff to be very attentive and helpful. The co-workers were nice. I worked the evening shift. I liked the workplace it was very welcoming.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
Have everyone speak only English.
productive and hard workers
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEApril 14, 2017
The people are pleasant and fun to work with. The equipment is well maintained. Training could be a problem because of lack of coverage to train and maintain scheduled patients. we had a wide verity of different patients. The hospital it self was very pleasant to work with other personal in the department and out side the department.
Pros
other techs in Ct were willing to change shifts fo appointments, 12 hour shifts
Cons
we had no breakes for years until more people were hired.
management does not realize staff is a priority
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  EmergencyFebruary 23, 2017
Beware of constant turnover. There are multiple reasons why so many staff leave this organization. Pay is not market competitive, the culture rewards senior management and does nothing for those who work in the trenches. There are two kinds of employee here - brand newbies and veterans. When there's no middle base, that is telling.
Pros
this position is close to a highway
Cons
Nurses make a lot more 20 min down the road.
A sinking ship
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mid coast senior health centerOctober 17, 2016
Very unprofessional environment. Laughable pay and "incentives", condescending and clueless management. Constant staffing issues. No opportunity to advance. Typically 10 cent raise each yr.
Pros
Some coworkers, most clients
Cons
Terrible benefits, hr, management
A Great Environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEApril 14, 2016
This hospital is great to work for, there is a definite team approach. Mid Coast's administration is always improving and are kind to the staff. The CEO is really great and seems to genuinely care for our hospital and community. Days can be stressful, but good morale is paramount! The most enjoyable part of the job is how rewarding it is to help folks, and also to be part of a team while making friendships.
I enjoyed the interaction with the patients.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEApril 3, 2016
I enjoyed my time spent at Mid Coast Hospital. It was a pleasure learning the day to day tasks of a Pharmacy Technician in a hospital setting.
Great Pay with a Not so great atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEOctober 15, 2015
I enjoyed my coworkers and the job, but it was not a company that showed gratitude or appreciation towards their employees for doing extra
Pros
Great Coworkers and I loved the job
Cons
Human Resources
Productive and fun place to work
Diagnostic Imaging Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEAugust 29, 2015
typically busy but makes your day go by fast, management and co-workers were fun to work with, hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult patients and sometime long wait times.
great
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEAugust 14, 2015
the best place to work in the world! I love my coworkers they are wonderful. I look forward to work every single day! The best part of my day in all day!
Mid Coast Hospital
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEFebruary 27, 2015
I have worked for Mid Coast Hospital since July of 2008. Mid Coast has a very friendly work culture and has been achieved magnet status for years. Patient care at Mid Coast is second to none and patients continually compliment how Mid Coast is the friendliest hospital they have been to.
Pros
Amazing people, Great work culture.
Cons
Food options in the cafe.
great atmosphere and culture
Staff sonographer (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJune 18, 2014
So far so good at Mid Coast Hospital in Brunswick Maine. Wonderful atmosphere and the culture is a positive one.
Pros
employee discounts for simple medication and also employee discount in the cafe
Great co-workers
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEMay 8, 2014
MCH is a great place to work. Co-workers are wonderful and management is supportive and very involved.
Pros
Great community hospital
Great Hospital and very caring staff
SURGICAL SCHEDULER/ RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJanuary 28, 2014
A typical day at work always were with smiles and kindness
I always learned something new each day.
Management was always there for me if needed.
Co workers were always helpful and fun.
The hardest part of the job was selecting what desert to have when someone had a celebrating Birthday.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients and seeing their smiles on their faces.
Pros
Free coffee
Excellent facility with small respiratory therapy department.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJanuary 18, 2014
Two respiratory staff on days, one on nights. Busy department with much ground to cover for a smaller community hospital. Physician, nursing, and allied health display great respect for each other with strong and effective communication skills.
Mid Coast Hospital overall has been a great place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist/Liaison (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEMarch 14, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of transcribing acute care reports, i.e. History & Physical, Discharge summary, consultations, procedure reports, behavioral health, etc.

I learned a lot in my 18 years with Mid Coast. I became a skilled transcriptionist in many different specialities. I was given some responsibility, i.e. when Supervisor was away I was put in charge. I also had opportunity to train new employees.
Management was good most of the time. In my 18 years at Mid Coast we went through five Directors and one of my coworkers became my supervisor. Our current Director is a good manager.

I didn't find anything particularly hard about my job and sometimes found it was not challenging enough. I was given more responsibility as the years went by and my supervisor felt comfortable leaving me in charge in her absence.

I got along very well with my co-workers and I am still in touch with those who have retired or left for other reasons.

The hardest part of the job was that it could be boring at times and I needed more of a challenge.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working as a team and producing quality work.
Pros
comfortable work environment, good benefits.
Cons
hard to get vacation time, would have to compete with everyone for time off, had to find own coverage for time off.
Modern facility with new emergency department. This is a magnet hospital, low turnover and strong nursing leadership.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MENovember 3, 2012
Mid size emergency department which serves coastal communities around Brunswick, ME. Modern and efficient emergency department which is equipped to treat most emergencies. Friendly environment with experienced staff.
Pros
magnet, evidenced based practice
Cons
usually need to contend with construction to/from work.
My Mother made me..
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJuly 11, 2012
But after the first summer I was hooked, I really enjoyed volunteering. It taught me a lot about working and helping other people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mid Coast Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2