MidAmerican Energy Company Employee Reviews

hard task masters
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 3, 2017
management is too interested and concerned in numbers. How many calls you can handle an hour. There second concern is customer service, a bit backward I think.
Pros
good work location
Cons
not a pleasant place to work
Very professional and top of the line company
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 6, 2017
The company demands excellence from its employees; however, that excellence is rewarded through compensation and bonuses. People were extremelypositive and professional and easy to work with.
They take good care of their employees
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 26, 2017
I worked here for about a year and I don't have anything horrible to say about this company. They're good to their employees there is plenty of room for growth.
Good Company to work for
Distribution Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 7, 2017
Good Company to work for.- Safety culture well done - Good organization at all levels - nice work environment -

MidAmerican Energy Company is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applicants who may be differently able
Pros
Good Company to work for
Cons
Good Company to work for
Stressful and unorganized
Worked in Operations (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 4, 2016
Safety, reliability, following procedures and company morale are all a priority...as long as none of those interfere with making a dollar. It was like working at Arkham asylum. Insanity.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else
MidAmerican Energy Company is a solid company to work for.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 8, 2016
At MidAmerican Energy Company I was able to work on a wide variety of projects and develop my corporate finance skills as well as help manage the company pension plans. There was not a typical day with the company and at times long work hours and intense commitment to completing projects was required. While it was challenging the experience was highly valuable.
Good company
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 18, 2015
Good work/life balance
Enjoyed the people, good rapport with each other
Management gave good feedback and helped to advance staff.
Enjoyed Admin & HR Related Tasks
Executive HR/Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMay 15, 2015
I enjoyed my temp assignment there. I enjoyed doing HR tasks, and administrative tasks. It was fun and kept me busy, which is what I enjoyed.

Organizing chaos
Enjoyable client to work with and dedicated, motivated and commited employees
Inspector/Clients Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 13, 2015
Excellent company with good employees and a great customer base. Honored to have had the opportunity to serve them and would welcome the chance to provide a service to them again.
Call Center Customer Service
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 19, 2014
Typical day involves assisting customers by phone for eight hours. Limited freedom to move around. Management promotes based only on call statistics and doesn't encourage employee development. The position is advertised as entry level, but talented/educated employees often leave the company after struggling to move to a new position after several years of service. As with most call centers there is high turnover. Overall not a bad place to work though. Hours are never reduced, pay is consistent with occasional overtime (salaried non-exempt) There is a year end bonus and raise based on personal and company performance. Department incentive program has grown so difficult to meet that only a select few see the benefit. At the corporate level, benefits continue to be reduced as the cost of living rises.
Contracting was unstable
Senior Project Procurement Leader (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 1, 2014
My position was unstable due to the constant elimination of contractors at the end of each calendar quarter
Pros
Reputation with Berkshire Hathaway
Cons
Company seldom hires someone for a full-time role
Productive, challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 7, 2014
Working at MidAmerican Energy was a more serious, detailed job than I had had before. Electric outages, gas leaks, meter reads ect. My main duty was to answer incoming calls, customers calling about their billing and outages. I even spent one day with a meter reader and some of the situations they go thru were amazing, I learned they do a lot more than read meters.
Pros
Fullfilling, challenging
Cons
A little too much phone. Being layed off.
N/a
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IowaSeptember 16, 2013
No comment. I am not going to comment in this section because I don't have much positive to say about MEC.
Strict work place
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 23, 2013
I worked in the call center. MidAmerican is very professional and has a very strict working environment.
Poor management and depressing atmosphere
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 7, 2013
MidAmerican Energy continues to come up with new rules and penaties for employees that create poor morale and suck all the fun out of working for this employer.
Pros
You get to drive a Ford Taurus that you better not scratch.
Cons
Too many to list
MidAmerican Energy offers multiple areas within the company for movement. The environment is fun and flexible.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 11, 2013
MidAmerican Energy Company is a large company that offers excellent benefits, flexible hours, and is a fun learning environment. Everyone is always willing to help get the job done and meet deadlines.

The most important part of the job was meeting the customer and working with them on a win/win agreement. The hardest part of the job would be losing a customer to a competitor after working with them for several years.
have ruined other purchased company's
lineman  (Current Employee) –  utah May 18, 2013
I work for a company they have bought and it has been destroyed in the name of corporate greed don't care who they step on to make their money . No motivation just intimidation and fear very bad place to be
Pros
enjoy while they last
Cons
cons out way pros many people looking to leave
Management Doesn't Listen!
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  IowaMay 5, 2013
The department I worked in was paranoid and full of immature unprofessional people. Management was poor and didn't listen. It was pointless going to management because they wouldn't listen. They just liked hearing themselves talk. Ideas for improvement were squashed in favor of doing things the way they have always been done, especially if the idea didn't come from management. You were treated like a robot and given unreasonable and unattainable goals. There was no support to help you be successful. Be careful when applying for a job and make sure it's what you think it is. I thought I was applying for a job I'd like and ended up in a position I loathed. The department also had high turnover because of these factors
Pros
Breaks, Quitting, Going Home
Cons
Management, Workload, Overall job itself
Wonderful place to work
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 22, 2012
I had a wonderful supervisor in quality. We were expected to get our work done on time but also had time to work on our inter-relationships in an entertaining way.