MidAmerican Energy

MidAmerican Energy Employee Reviews

Easy receptionist tasks
Front Receptionist (Former Employee), Davenport, IAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: positive work environment
Cons: short term assignmnet
Short term temporary employment at the front desk Mid American Corporate Headquarters. The most enjoyable part of the job was greeting people.
Good paying job with decent benefits.
Assistant Unit Operator (Former Employee), Muscatine, IANovember 26, 2014
12 hour shifts, performing eSOMS rounds on auxiliary equipment of a 800 MW coal fired power generating station. Experience with LOTO, Confined Space, Hotwork, procedures. Good group of people to work with on the floor. Hardest part of the job was trying to accomplish the daily requirements along with everything else they threw on your plate during the day. The best part of the job was the pay.
Great people to work with and I enjoyed the duties I had there
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IANovember 5, 2014
Pros: attractive pay, flexible, awesome management, great co-workers
Cons: secure job
I really enjoyed working there and with my co-workers. I also really enjoyed managing their calendars and learning new tasks, like: maintaining meter inventory, creating work orders, making sure the guys are scheduled in appropriate areas, and assisting my boss. He was such a great boss. I've made new friends and will miss it there....
A Learning Experiance
Site Manager (Current Employee), Fort Dodge, IAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: high energy high responsibilty and rewarding work
Cons: contracted type work, when the job is over you start the search for work.
I have had the opportunity to learn first hand all aspects of a project from start to finish, from the BOP and all contractual matters to working with land owners on the project. Directly working with the state and county on matters from planning to permitting.
The work and the weight of being the project owners site representative and the responsibilities that go with that are too many to mention but very rewarding as you see these projects come to a successful end.
Consistant and good pay
Manager, Unregulated Retail Products (Current Employee), Yorkville, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: compensation and experinced people to leearn from.
Cons: long work days due to insufficient staffing.
Overall, good pay and great people, but the organization is flat and doesn't offer a lot of room for upward mobility. The work life/balance can be difficult as there are not enough people to adequately meet the daily demands of the job.
Challenging but productive place to work
Distribution Operator (Current Employee), Des Moines, IowaAugust 26, 2014
Pros: 2 weeks off every 6 weeks
Cons: long hours. stressful at times
Work days are hectic due to the type of work. I have learned a great deal about dispatching. Management is supportive. 12 hour rotating shifts are difficult at times. There is no sick leave here and the insurance benefits aren't as good as I'm use to. I would say the most enjoyable part of my job is talking with the field personnel. Over all, it's a good job.
Good Experience
TRC Analyst (Current Employee), Urbandale, IAAugust 5, 2014
It is a good place to start out of college to get the experience. You answer phone calls and work emails.
Great grocery store and management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 18, 2014
Pros: customer relations and employees
I enjoyed my time at Dahl's, always learning new things and great people to work with.
MidAmerican Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Davenport, IAApril 7, 2014
Pros: benefits available
Cons: working on the phone with angry customers day in day out.
OK place to work, very negative customers day in and day out. High turnover rate, it can be a great place to work, I am just looking for a change.
Temporary Employment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Davenport, IAApril 1, 2014
Pros: mail room experience
Cons: not busy
Answered Phones at the front desk corporate office
Prepared and folded maps for the technical teams
Prepared laminated cards

The hardest part of the job was trying to keep busy. The co-workers and management were friendly.
Productive and enjoyable environment
Associate Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAJanuary 7, 2014
Learned a lot. Developed great relationships with the co-workers. Great place to work.
Ok place to work
Call Center Customer service (Former Employee), Davenport IAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: own desk
Cons: very limited time off the phone, unable to go to the bathroom too many times durring the day
Benefits and pay very decent. Management was difficult to work with. Never seemed to be doing anything right at any time, always something negative to say about how job was being done.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Iowa City, IADecember 26, 2013
Pros: great coworkers, very relaxed
Cons: summer job/ part time job
I couldn't really say anything bad about this job, it really is what the job description says. A day really is just working with people to help pay their bills or answer their question to the best of your abilities.
Good job but they work you like a dog and long hours
Gas/Electric Pricer/Trader (Former Employee), Des Moines, IADecember 13, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
The job was never done and you are expected to work long hours. Arrive early and leave late.
Don't waste your time
Lineman (Former Employee), IowaJuly 23, 2013
Pros: you will never find a better group of piers to work with
Cons: i second pretty much every negative comment made about this company.
The company is currently engaged in all out war on the labor unions that have represented employees for a century. The company management completely disrespects all labor employees. We are in the beginning of a mass exadous of craft employees leaving the company. Some after three decades of service.
If you are looking for a company where you are recognized and appreciated as an individual keep looking. I know I am!
Management Doesn't Listen...Resistant to Change
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Sioux City, IAApril 9, 2013
Pros: pay was decent for location, taking days off, quitting
Cons: resistance to change, management
The department I worked in was paranoid and full of immature unprofessional people. Management was poor and didn't listen. It was pointless going to management because they wouldn't listen. They just liked hearing themselves talk. Ideas for improvement were squashed in favor of doing things the way they have always been done, especially if the idea didn't come from management. You were treated like a robot and given unreasonable and unattainable goals. There was no support to help you be successful. Be careful when applying for a job and make sure it's what you think it is. I though I was applying for a job I'd like and ended up in a position I loathed. The department also had high turnover because of these factors.
Decent job
SUBSTATION ELECTRICIAN CREWLEADER (Current Employee), IowaFebruary 25, 2013
enjoy the work but the company does not treat employees very well.
An unpleasant place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Muscatine, IaJanuary 20, 2013
Going to work and working with a majority of disgruntled workers in an environment of them and us. I learned that a culture that is thought to be superior to different ethnic cultures is hard to deal with. The majority of the work force was pretty much people friendly, but the management was uncontrolled in their respect for people. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the management and the workers who defied management because it was inherert that they do. Taking days off was the most enjoyable part of the job.
great place to work
Lineman Apprentice (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAJuly 7, 2012
Pros: health benifits
Cons: non
good training and after 6 months you can start bidding on other jobs!

About MidAmerican Energy

MidAmerican Energy Company, Iowa’s largest energy company, is strategically located in the middle of several major markets – Read more

MidAmerican Energy Salaries