Midas Hospitality Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Front (Former Employee) –  Westport, MOSeptember 4, 2017
Let me just start with this, I loved most of the people I have met and worked with. They have always been nice and easy to get along with. But the company as a whole is only out to better themselves.

The higher ups are all for the managers and not the employee's. Depending on who you are most employee's get to do whatever they want (they have favorites) and not get written up for anything including but not limit to: coming in late, clocking in but not working or relieving you to go home. Very low pay
Pros
It's a job for a someone who lives at home, or just extra income
Cons
They abuse you in their own way
It is a beautiful extended stay hotel
Front Desk Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJuly 11, 2017
Midas is a great place to work, I worked at the Staybridge Hotel in Westport it is a growing property with so much potential. You will work hard sometimes short staffed
Pros
great people
Cons
allot of hours
Wonderful Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2017
Midas is a great place to work! The owners care about their employees. This is a fast growing company with great potential for advancement and terrific benefits.
You are thought of as a person and not just a number
Accountant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2017
The owners take time to get to know each of the employees and converse with them. We all work hard and put in a lot time but you leave truly feeling valued.
Midas
Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2017
Great place to work with a lot of opportunity for advancement. Fast paced, growing company with a very relaxed environment. Great opportunity to learn the hotel industry.
Great office, fun people, challenging
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2017
Working at Midas is the perfect balance. The work is challenging, so you stay engaged and never get bored or complacent. The people are fun and energetic so when you need a break, there's someone to play ping pong with in the break room. The days are never the same, and never boring. I wanted an environment where I knew I was working hard for something, not just spending my time idling the day away- but I also wanted a group of coworkers I enjoyed being around. Midas was exactly that.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, beer on Fridays, work life balance
Great Company and Culture
Develpoment (Current Employee) –  Midas Central, St. Louis, MoJuly 11, 2017
It's not often you find a company that talks the talk and walks the walk. From my first day the ownership has been honest and straight forward about expectations and directions. This might throw many off but for me it is refreshing to know where I stand on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Pros
Great benefits, great team
Horrible
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2017
This company just took over our hotel. They are very sneaky and racist. They just came in and changed everything. Lies. Lies. They do not care about making sure we have a smooth transition.
Worst Management Team Ever
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJanuary 30, 2017
Inadequate training, working 14+ hrs a day, constant brutal cut downs by the gm.
Major favoritism, major drama. The place was chaos, total wreck. Terrible Gm, terrible housekeeping,..daily physical altercations.
Dysfunctional, period.

No support from upper management whatsoever.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the place
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 8, 2016
This is a great company with people from the top down who truly care about the well being of everyone. They are proud to invest in their employees and appreciate them. Fast growing with great benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Sporadically engaged upper management, view people as disposable
Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 5, 2016
Company offers very little support, and makes snap decisions that makes clear they view staff as disposable.
As a manager, I worked on average 6 days a week, 13+ hours a day. When I arrived this property was failing by any meaningful measurement. In a few months, the property was rapidly improving and the guests were noticing. I was hired well above the tiny budgeted salary. The monthly touch bases with my boss always went well. A few weeks after one touch base, I was let go with a reason that contradicted the positive discussion during my last touch base. The company as a whole was way under budget and my salary was over budget. The property's worst problems were fixed and they saw an opportunity to save money.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
Lack of support, people are disposable
Poor work hours
Part time night auditor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield Inn and Suites WentzvilleOctober 31, 2015
Too much favoritism shown toward longer term employees. I was scheduled for 2 - 8 hour shifts a week, even though I consistently asked for more hours. I was also ALWAYS scheduled for Friday and Saturday nights while other employees ALWAYS had these nights off. This left little time to spend with my family since I had to sleep during the day. Very poor scheduling. Lack of caring all around.
Pros
Cons
Lack of training!
Very bad company
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 30, 2015
A day consisted of: assisting guests in the breakfast area, making coffee every half hour, guest check-in and check-out process, cash handling if a guest paid cash for their stay, follow up with default guests credit cards/balances, make reservations, confirm reservations, and cancel reservations. Set up banquet room, and set up the routing of their charges to a master account, follow up with guests requests, such as foam pillows, extra towels/linens, etc. Put in new group contracts and the information, learn how to block a certain number of rooms for a group. bake cookies for the guests each afternoon, assist guests with luggage and requests...

I learned the different policies and procedures of the hotel being so small, and low volume..

Management was failing a bit there, no consistency, and just didnt know how to run it. I would think management should be the role models for everyone to follow, but there they werent...most guests would like to see them mingle and have conversation, but that was a downfall...

Co-workers were very catty, irresponsible, and inexperienced..
I would have to say the hardest part of the job, is coming from a large hotel to a small hotel..it is certainly different, and no one knows how to react with the ideas that you try to bring...
Pros
Close to home, laid back environment
Cons
low volume of guests, no recognition, no authority
Great Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 1, 2014
This company is one of the best. They know and understand hotels. Upper management is very helpful. It is also a fast growing company with many opportunities. Great Company! I would certainly work for them again. Hardest part of the job is to keep up with new hotels entering the company.
Pros
Great Upper Management Staff
Cons
locations of hotels-not enough
Successful but stressful work environment
Aquatics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAJanuary 2, 2013
Lifeguards were required to be walking and scanning their designated zones at all times. The job was tiring, but the constant auditing kept guards motivated.
Pros
good work environment, fun coworkers
Cons
exhausting work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midas Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.