MIDAS Employee Reviews

Great Growth
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAFebruary 18, 2017
Midas was a great experience. Working with the franchise owner on several accounts, allowed me to demonstrate my skills as a leader of my team and shop. I personally took time on my days off to restructure the buildings appearance with paint and interior functionality.
Pros
Great Growth
very fast paced environment
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAFebruary 15, 2017
my experience at midas was well rounded i learned a lot about working with many different makes and models and also a very intense and fast paced work environment where i learned a lot about management and team building
Ok job
Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 1, 2017
OK job, but management is bad. No incentives or no room to work your way up. Do not pay well at all and do not take care of employees that have been there for longer. No healthcare or 401k.
Pros
a couple nice employees
Cons
low pay, no incentives, no healthcare or 401k
Great
Lube Technician/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Hard working team, great hours, decent pay. Never had issues with the boss or any of the other team members. I would highly recommend for anyone who enjoys mechanics.
Mom and Pop shop with Corporate singage
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 26, 2017
The worst mistake I have ever made was to go to work here. Typical day at work was to come in a wait for someone to come in to be ripped off. I learned a lot of way to take advantage of people when their vehicles are down and they cant take them anywhere else because they have a charge account with the company. There is no management just wait for the owner and kiss up to him and you can do whatever you want. The hardest part of the job is trying to make someone like you enough to let you stick around. The most enjoyable part of the job is payday.
Pros
They pay some people, and take advantage of others
Cons
everything
very awesome place to work. co workers were great along with the owners and managers.
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Shelby, MIJanuary 22, 2017
Got to work in the morning with jobs lined up for the day. I really enjoyed being able to do various activities as I'm the type who doesn't like to be bored. I've learned a lot working with my team at Midas, especially welding. My management found our strong points and put them to use which intern makes more money faster, as well as on slower days practiced on our weak points for growth. Id say my hardest part of the job was getting into internal engine work while on a time limit, I fought it and won while learning a new skill..Lastly the best part of working for my shop was working with my team, we became like family there, they made the work day fun and we always helped each other out when needed.
Pros
worked with schedules
Cons
not enough money
Management at store was good - upper management was not
Technician (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 19, 2017
I was initially thrilled to have gotten a job at Midas in Apple Valley. For those that don't know, this is a franchised facility owned by three brothers. The one that hired me for that facility was a great guy - blue collar just like the rest of us. I can't say the same for his older brother.

I had been working here for about two months when my paycheck was suddenly much smaller than it normally was. I contacted HR regarding this, and was simply (and politely) told that the older brother had authorized the reduction in pay. I do have to offer a backstory on the pay scale though. Based on productivity, your base pay changes once a year. I was not expecting it after 60 days. When he came to the store I politely confronted him about this issue, and he bluntly told me that I wasn't efficient enough to keep paying me that amount of money. I pulled up the reports for the past 60 days and told him that I was responsible for 50% of ALL work completed during those 60 days.

So what you are telling me is that even though I carried half of the shops sales between a general service technician and two other technicians, I get a decrease in pay?! I would understand if I was standing around collecting a paycheck with my hands in my pockets, but when the facility does 40,000 a month and you are responsible for fixing 20-25,000 of it, something doesn't add up. I certainly wasn't making 5-10,000 a month!

Who is willing to accept an almost 35% reduction in pay? I couldn't feed a family with that, so it was time to move on to greener pastures.

I enjoyed the facility - it
  more... was generally well taken care of, and everything was in good working order. The other employees I worked with were good people too. If I had the chance to work with all of them at another company, I would.  less
Pros
Clean facility
Cons
Poor benefits, Ownership doesn't care, NO room for advancement
Midas
Service Writer, (Current Employee) –  southfield, michiganJanuary 18, 2017
High Stress level relative to pay. Midas uses RO Writer for creating repair orders which is a solid program and easy to use.
Manage "Rock Hill Midas Muffler Shop
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 12, 2017
Day:
Open shop
Assign mechanics work
Pay bills
Order parts and materials
Hire, discipline, teach, and replace mechanics
Maintenance equipment
Work phone
Customer sales and service
Keep payroll, expenses, and records
Balance books and make bank deposits
Close shop

Learned:
Responsibility, fairness, firmness, dependability, accountability, salesmanship, delivery functions and complications, insurance cooperation, book keeping, corporate records, local records, fire and police support, patience, muffler and brake systems, and much more!

Management:
The best drawn from a large region of successful managers.
Smart.

Co-workers:
My employees were the most important asset in the shop.
They made it all work.

Hardest:
Getting the right workers

Most enjoyable:
Smiles on happy customers and happy employees.
Pros
Serving customer's needs, providing for employees, and being "in charge."
Cons
Long hours, bad checks, counterfit bills
Online app glitch
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Anchorage akJanuary 10, 2017
I spent an hour filing in all my employment history, education and personal info. Then i got to a page with a red star (required feild) and it was dithered out and wouldnt allow me to select anything.
Job searching is work but when you waste time filing in every little detail for 50 different employers and the internet apps dont have an option for your specific answer or its dithered. Or your called into interviews and they offer you a different position that paysless. Or you pay out of pocket to collect driving records. Its not worth the effort and might as well apply for cash assistance and sell pot from the couch!
Why was the resume invented if your required to put the same info on all the apps!!!!!
A nice place to work
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Various LocationJanuary 9, 2017
A decent place to work. The owner and general manager are great people. The main office staff are awesome, some of the management can be a little prima donna-ish. all in all a nice place to work.
Pros
can work on your own vehicle when needed
Cons
Lunch is deducted weather you take it or not
Great place to work had opportunities to move up.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJanuary 1, 2017
Started the day with checking in autos, learned new job skills, fun people to work for, toughest part of job is customer service but always managed to satisfy customer needs. Most enjoyable part was having customers leave satisfied.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Working overtime with last minute notice
Long Days and Far Travel
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 30, 2016
A typical day at work is very long. Only downfalls are that lunch breaks are when you have downtime and not scheduled, no benefits are offered, and the commute is way too far. I learned quite a bit working for Midas, but there are not too many places to go besides management. I love working with my coworkers here. The hardest part of the job for me would be that my commute is over an hour to work, and from work.
Pros
Coworkers are like family.
Cons
No lunchbreaks, no benefits, far commute, alot of work hours.
I loved working for Midas!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Midas. However, I had to resigned because the organization was moving to Itasca, Illinois. The commute was a hardship for me.
Not great
Shop Foreman/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 7, 2016
No benefits, overworked 55+ hrs., under pay. The only thing good is the other co-workers I work with. A lot of Shop equipment barely work. Hard to get what we need to complete our jobs at times.
Pros
Some Flexibility
Cons
No benefits, way underpayed
Very little support, no training provided, long hours, low pay
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHDecember 2, 2016
Just not a trustworthy company to work for if you are looking for long term stability. Training consisted of being sent to the busiest store in the district. A few days and I was in my store with little computer training and was given about 30 minutes with my DM to go over the basics.
Midas
Auto Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MDNovember 30, 2016
All Midas Shops are Privately owned . So giving an review for this company is senseless . I can tell you that there is work depending on your location .... and beware of the Less pay for more work Moto .
good place to work for
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 23, 2016
it was a good place to work for until new owner, then everything went sour from there, cut commission, cut labor hour, poor health insurance,
Pros
experience to move up the ladder
Cons
can't even work on your own car at your own time
Fast paced with down time
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lemay ferry road saint louis 63116November 23, 2016
Gets slammed at times other days no business. Clean up the shop stock the items in back. If too slow get sent home early. Coworkers were a plus to work with
productive and fun place to work
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXNovember 20, 2016
8Am to 6pm every other saturdays off.Learning new things and having new experiances with good people and good enviroment
Pros
GOOD PEOPLE
Cons
HOUR BREAK

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MIDAS. Our community is ready to answer.