MIDAS

MIDAS Employer Reviews

Great store staff to work with, upper management was difficult to deal with.
Service Writer/Advisor (Current Employee), Queensbury, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Found the store staff was great to work with- but no matter how well we did, upper management would completely demoralize the whole shop with corporate demands. All negative re-enforcement.
ok
Assistant Manager/Service Manager (Current Employee), ilJanuary 9, 2015
It is an ok place to work. management is really fair. the only problem is the monotonous work days. kind of feels like you do the same thing every day
Great place to learn about the automotive industry.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Quincy, ILJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: it was a steady work schedule.
Cons: the owner wanted everything perfect, and would let his temper show if it wasn't.
I did enjoy my work experience at Midas. I was able to learn new things each day and talk to customers while their vehicles were serviced. The management was pretty good. However, there wasn't a lot of communication between the manager, assistant manager, and the owner. Because of the lack of communication, it made my job a little more difficult at times. I loved my co-workers. They never hesitated to help me in my learning process. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching customers leave satisfied, because their vehicle was working properly.
great
Group Manager/ASE (Former Employee), Lanham, MDDecember 25, 2014
stores are privately owned, however is a great place to work
poor management
Auto Mechanic Apprentice (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYDecember 17, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: management
got moved place to place in the binghamtom area.management was the worst.did not know if I was coming or going.
Learned Alot BUT...
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Sylvania, OHDecember 10, 2014
They lack appropriate trained technicians and micromanage more than any other company I have been employed with.
Mon-Saturday shifts
Lead Auto Technician (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 8, 2014
Not good work/life balance. Good management. Steady work.
Stay Away
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 27, 2014
Pros: absolutely none
Cons: the whole place
Typical work day is questioning why you became an Auto Mechanic and/or how you wound-up here.
Days are ten hours or more with half hour lunch breaks.
Holidays, maybe three. If they fall on a Sunday you are out of luck.
Did I mention no sick days or vacation.
Co-workers, well your all in the same boat, no one is happy.
No heat in the winter, serious its 26 F and management wants the garage doors open so the customers know we're open? Yes you will freeze they do not care.
The equipment is a disgrace, brake lathe only machines rotors you cannot do drums because it is so worn out. This means any drum break job you have to sell the customer drums because you can't machine there's which brings me to--
Every car that comes in you have to look completely over and fill out a Midas diagnostic sheet, even oil changes which starts the problem they have with customers.Some cars do not need anything but a lot need work. They come in for an oil change and leave with estimates for$500.00, $1,000.00 sometimes $2,000.00 in work the car needs. Every mechanic has to show all these needed repairs to the customer, not a mechanics job but for some reason management expects mechanics to do this instead of service advisors? A 15 minute oil change can easily take a hour and you get paid .3 that's three tenths of an hour against you flat rate.[ if there is no work you get to freeze or sweat and not get paid]
The above paragraph explains why their customer percentage is very low. You hardly see the same people return.
If you do an State Inspection on a vehicle and it fails for whatever and the customer starts complaining management comes out and asks you to reinspect and pass it, a no it fails and I am not getting a fine from the State if something happens.
The above should give you a good idea what the owner and management are. They push every good mechanic out no one stays, it took me a year to find another job but I got out.
don't bother working there
Mechanic (Former Employee), Billerica, MANovember 16, 2014
Pros: some nice people come and go
Cons: abusive situation
The management is at best incompetent , the equipment is old faulty and substandard at best (when they have it ) .Late and low pay raise In 21 months 13 people have come and gone ! long day little pay with no over time or benefits
n/a
Assist Store Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee), Easton, PANovember 13, 2014
Pros: its a a job
Cons: no family life. high health insurance
it depends on who the owner is. its different in every store. it like every other job. get everything in writing before you start working
I realy liked my job.
Mechanic Tech (Former Employee), Salem, ORNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good day
Cons: bad day
Come in make sure shop is ready to go, floor is clean and not slippery , all tools are cleaned and ready for work.
Talk to co-workers and make sure everything is ok.
The hardest part of the job is the fun part of job is
replacing parts and the most enjoyable is the people you
meet.
I learned alot
Manager and Muffler Installations (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2014
I learned to manage personal. Take my time to see how personal work an be fair to them.
Very Productive work Environment
Senior Special Service Representative (Current Employee), Burbank, ILNovember 10, 2014
My day starts at 5:30 am and goes until 6:00 or later

I really don't consider anything hard about the job - when you enjoy what you do and you enjoy the people you work with, every day is enjoyable.
Great fun place to work with employees I consider my family
Technician (Former Employee), LakewoodNovember 9, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: not enough money
I loved working for midas! I started from the bottom and worked my way up to becoming one of the top producing techs in the company.
Eh...Long Hours
Store Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: hours, inexperienced management
Other than hours (60+) and a very inexperienced upper management team, not a terrible place to work.
Good Company
Store General Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 5, 2014
Having the daily challenge to increase sales in a profitable manor was the most enjoyable part of this job. The only bad part was that this company was too far from my young children.
Awesome Crew to work with
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 27, 2014
Nice 6 bay shop, professional work done by everybody, nice Snap-on tools
Decent Job
Shop Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, MIOctober 21, 2014
7:30-6:30 work day does not make carry a good work to family balance as it takes up a majority of my day
fun work place
Store Manager (Current Employee), Billerica, MAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: no benafits
open store ,greet customers order parts , work with some great mechanics
Good for the time being
General Manager/Partner/Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Vista, CAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: high pay, free repairs
Cons: long hours, lack of room to grow
I was happy with the compensation. The long hours were tough on my family. 12 hours a day 6 days a week. I learned a lot about business, sales, and management.

1 2 3 4 5

About MIDAS

Midas hopes to apply a golden touch to the car repair business. In addition to focusing on brake and exhaust system services, – Read more

MIDAS Photos