MIDAS

MIDAS Employee Reviews

Small yet productive garage with a friendly atmosphere.
Lube Technician (Former Employee), Manteca, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Weekends off, flexible hours
Cons: Few breaks, unorganized inventory, small crew
Midas was the home to a small working team consisting of only 6 employees. Though small, the crew was incredibly talented and I learned a lot from them. Not just about cars and engines too, they taught me about proper work ethic and customer service. My days were often slow due to the lack of clients but the few customers I actually got to engage with were friendly and appreciative. This was my first job inside the automotive industry and although I learned a lot from the job but, I couldn't see myself doing the position for the remainder of my life.
adequate
Floating Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2015
Pros: good co workers
Cons: poor ownership
overall an ok place to work just has too many discrepancies and irregularities. My co workers were a pleasure to work with but the managment had something to be desired.
nice work place not enough pay
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Essexville, MIJuly 13, 2015
inspect vehicles for repair go over work orders with customers, repair vehicles start at 8:00am done at 5:00 pm clean shop family owned hard to work for
it s a job and that`s it
Automotive Technician (Current Employee), arlington, txJuly 12, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: short lunch break, no benifits
i`m just very unhappy with the postion and thought i would be able to move up in pay or advance sometime down the line but no not going to happen there
Professional and exciting work enviorment
Mechanic/Keyholder (Former Employee), fremontJuly 10, 2015
Start work at 8 a.m. by counting the register and opening up the shop. Than provided customer service for all customers that came into the office. Do oil changes and car maintenance as needed. After all was done with the vehicle I would review all that was done on the customers vehicle and than check them out by taking payment and checking them out. At the end of the day I would count the register and close out all the computers, make sure everything is locked up and set the alarm than lock the office.
Great family type environment
Service Advisor (Current Employee), Hilo, HIJune 28, 2015
Pros: Easy going
Cons: short breaks
I have learned a lot about cars since I first started working here. It's very much like hanging out with family, but we know when to get serious for work, it's a good balance.
Overall
Store Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 22, 2015
Pros: flexiblity
Cons: only one person to work counter
Good company to work for and usually a good work enviroment.. The only down fall is that another employee needs to get lunch since you can not leave the business unattended.
Supportive and friendly environment
Assistant Controller (Former Employee), Salinas, CaliforniaJune 20, 2015
Pros: Free lunches on days that the company did well, good experience managing and delegating
Cons: Too much time spent sitting
As the Assistant Controller, my day usually began at 7:30 where I collected paperwork from the shops and made sure everything was in order before delivering everything to the main office. Once I had arrived, I recorded each manger's sales, performed follow up calls with customers, and resolved any customer satisfaction disputes. Working here taught me a lot about managing people and diffusing conflicts. Any conflicts were always with customers; I never had any problem with the other employees. The hardest part of the job was always playing catch up due to being the only one that was able to cover for the other managers.
Run down , unproffessional
General Automotive tech (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 14, 2015
Pros: eat will working so no forced time off
Cons: management
Work on cars learned more about cars, unproffesional managment, my co-workers all smoked which bothered me,hard trying not to break thing, and working on cars was fun
I Loved working at Midas
Manager (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAMay 30, 2015
I met so many customers and built relationships with each and everyone of them, I learned if you treat your customers right with Customer Service and respect you will always get the same respect back and they continue to come back. I did not have many co-workers to work close with, I had mechanics out in the shop repairing the customers vehicles.
They all did the best work and again, they all built rapport with the customers as well.
The hardest part of the day would be when I had a dissatisfied customer and worked well to solve the problem.
Midas was a great place to work, and I hated that the DOT needed our building more than we did, and we had so many customers that are devastated because of the shut down as well.
Enjoyed owning and operating the Midas Shops with my husband.
President/Treasurer (Former Employee), We owned and operated 5 shops Kansas CityMay 18, 2015
Was an 8 hour day. Everything entailed in owning and operating a business. The hardest part of the job was finding good employees.
Reaching and exceeding our goals with the great help we had.
long hours little pay
Service Manager (Current Employee), Natick, MAMay 5, 2015
long hours and not compensated for the amount of time spent working, great learning experience, no room for advancement, and no benefits
No room to advance
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Apple Valley, MNApril 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunch on Saturday
Cons: Required to work every Saturday
Wage and advancement in the company was not an option.
Flat wage and hours.
No room to Manage, Headquarters micro managed all stores.
Management leaves a little to be desired
General Lubrication Technician (Current Employee), Flint, MIApril 23, 2015
Pros: learn new skills
Cons: Management
Management leaves a little to be desired. Co workers generally good people. Opportunity to learn new skills. Customers in flint can be rough to deal with at times.
great place for advancement
Technician,foreman,asst.manager (Former Employee), Vestal, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: healhcare
it was a great place to advance,the management and crew all worked togather management was on key for selling jobs and problem solving
Store wasn't profitable
Assistant Manager/Service Writer (Former Employee), Euclid, OHApril 18, 2015
It was closed in a year. Corporate store bought out franchisee, and couldn't make it go. Prices to high for area. Wish store ops had more control over way things were run.
not a fun place to be
General Service Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 7, 2015
had a rude boss who would swear at the workers and create more problems.the workers would drink on the job and smoke. they would also steal from the cars
no integrity no morals theiving and lousy work environment
Service Manager North providence (Current Employee), north providence rhode islandMarch 18, 2015
owner is a loud mouth joey bag of donuts snake oils salesman. treats nhis employees like garbage and talks to them as if they are beneath him.
the mochanics yes i said mochanics are un trained un educated and unskilled in the automotive field. they sell economy parts that come from places like autozone at premium oem prices, their sales tactics are nothing short of high pressure and all theyre interested in is getting every penny you can part with.
Excellent work environment
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 2, 2015
Pros: it is and can be exactly what you would positively like it to be in a job!
Cons: i see no cons about it because i had the choice in accepting all of the pro's in the job!
Midas is a great place to have an occupation, it's like a family oriented atmosphere! The management was very professional, and the Corporate office visited with us to ensure that all the employees were satisfied with the ease at which a person could earn a living there!
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Hawthorne, NJFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great place to grow
Cons: no 401 k
This company requires you to learn more and sets goals for you to reach as a tech and as a team . I learned a lot from working with the Midas company and they are always willing to help . As a team you have goals and requirements to meet which makes the job more intense and fun .

1 2 3 4 5

About MIDAS

Midas hopes to apply a golden touch to the car repair business. In addition to focusing on brake and exhaust system services, – Read more

MIDAS Salaries