MIDAS Employee Reviews

Experienced techs look elsewhere
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOFebruary 22, 2018
Terrible place to work for an experienced mechanic. They expect you to do advanced level repairs and diagnostics for minimum wage then go do oil changes the rest of the day. Not busy enough to support 1 technician let alone 3 and no general service tech!
could not depend on co workers
Customer Service / AP/AR/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2018
I learned a lot there, the Company closed down due to Corporate office wanted to re locate, then I went to AAA Cooper for the 13 years, I also wanted to work for a smaller Company but Chase Couriers was not the place for me.
Pros
goo emviroment
Cons
45 lunch and had to work Saturdays
Decent to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIFebruary 15, 2018
At the time of my employment there was an awful General Manager. he is the main reason that I took the opportunity I was offered to change careers. He made working there very difficult but the owners are very nice people and I had a wonderful team of technicians.
Pros
Great on site team
Cons
Bad general manager
Great Place to Work
Operations Manager/Co-Owner (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 14, 2018
Things went well here. Nice management. Team environment and group activities around holidays. The economy crashed for the whole country and this business was severely impacted.
Midas wasn't what I expected, not bad, just surprising
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INFebruary 13, 2018
Midas hired me as a Master Tech, but they had nearly every employee considered the same, no matter how much experience they had.
Too many employees , revenue was their number one goal, rather than the quality of the work put out. The faster the better was the motto.
Pros
Lunch Break, Insurance offered
Cons
Commission work, Techs fighting for jobs for more pay
Buen hambiente
Utility (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Buena empresa buenos compañeros solo el supervisor es acosador
Organization experiencing direction and identity transition.
Franchise Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Thoroughly enjoy working with franchisees who are engaged in growing their business. Each day is a new challenge.

Conflicts continue as franchisor leadership dictate direction, without valuing the franchisor relationship.

The "Void"...mutual accountability to brand stewardship.
Pros
Business challenge and working relationships.
Cons
Sr Management lacks leadership; integrity and trust. Unprofessional!
Very laid back environment
General Service Technician - Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOFebruary 6, 2018
When i was there the store i was at just didnt get alot of business and so we would have alot of down time it just wasnt real good experience and when i was there it was not a franchise of the TBC corporation either so I would imagine things have changed alot
Poor management and work conditions
GENERAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 6, 2018
Management will promise you anything to get you in the door, In the short time I was there, I was one of several employees that quit for the similar reasons, Management could never be trusted, they were constantly lying to employees
Great shop
Assistant Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 4, 2018
Good place to work, had a lot of fun and loved working with the people that I did, would work there again in a heartbeat. Given the management was worth my time
Slow and and boring
Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 31, 2018
Sucky management sucky pay not enough hours or pay or room to grow customer service was at a low there and was always mishandling everything............
I'll take a pass
Cutomer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJanuary 30, 2018
We had mandatory overtime, didn't get raises while we were there despite upper management handing out large bonuses for mismanaging the company and at the end of it the CEO and BOD's sold the company to a private conglomerate and laid off half the company. The experience was so impactful I freelance at a slaughterhouse on the weekends to revive that "Midas Touch" nostalgia.
Very long hours with demand for high profits.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Average 12 hour day,6 days a week, making balance of work and family difficult. High store profit demands with little or no constructive upper management support make frustrating work environment. Good opportunity for tech experience and training.
Pros
Training and experience opportunity.
Cons
Very long work days and week.
Enjoy waking up for work everyday
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nyack, NYJanuary 27, 2018
I am currently a store manager for a top 100 store in NY (nyack), and have built a very loyal customer base. I enjoy waking up for work everyday, helping sore through customer concerns and issues and catering to each individuals needs. It is a fun process and very rewarding to be able to help customers, and to help a staff/store continually grow. Owner also is such a great person and always has been there for me and my staff no matter weather it has to do with the business or personal life. I have been with midas for 4 years.
Pros
Great owner, great environment, enjoy going to work
Cons
no dental coverage or 401k
Not ethical
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJanuary 25, 2018
Ripped off customers also lower management scamming owners of anything they'd could asked to lie to corporate on several occasions employees caught stealing out of customers cars employees caught on sure with drug parafanalia and all still work there
Wonderful place
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2018
Worked in several Midas locations across America in Ohio and Louisiana away had great experiences great bosses and became a great boss. Managed a Midas in lake Forest lake. And set records that haven't been broken today. Started in cool. Ohio at a Midas on main Street for Walt young who taught me everything I knew about Midas muffler at the time
Pros
Good people, work on your own car at low cost.
Cons
Dirty work
Discounts
Service Advisor/Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 21, 2018
It was always great to be able to repair or has technicians available to help or perform repairs or maintenance on your vehicle. Parts were always at your disposal.
Great Comany to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Centereach, NYJanuary 15, 2018
The owner is challenging at times but is a great person! This is a busy location and you work with great people. The customer base is very good and make the job enjoyable.
Pros
Great owner!
Cons
Hours can be long at times
Fun place to work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 14, 2018
I loved working there great business and employees were a A+ the owner was great i would work there again in a heartbeat touch notch store it was my favorite job.
Pros
Pay and hpurs and atmosphere
Cons
The long drive
work place was fair
Auto Service Technician/Production Lead (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJanuary 10, 2018
workplace could have been much greater. management was ok. pay for the work could have been better due to work environment. one reason why job was changed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MIDAS. Our community is ready to answer.