Midco Connections Employee Reviews

enjoying working
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 23, 2017
I enjoy working at Midco because of the staff and also management and my typical day at work is busy answering the phones and taking orders or helping people with issues
fun work place
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 4, 2017
it was a fun environment. the people and co-workers were friendly. a typical day would include a lot of calls. what i learned from here is to be patient and such cause this was the first call center i worked at.
had fun
Phone Sales (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 14, 2016
out dated systems and computers could not support the programs we had to use to try and do our jobs high turn over rate so there was never enough people to work so we always were working extra hours
Very Flexible
CSR (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 21, 2016
Wide range of work hours, as well as clients. Very flexible and understanding. Overtime available when necessary. Very open and friendly.
learning
Level III Shared Agent (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 30, 2015
enjoyed learning about products and informing customers of specific details. fun work environment. was able to participate in all fun activities for up sale in company
Fun workplace
Phone Sales (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 13, 2015
I did not feel comfortable with the atmosphere at Midco Connections. It was a great place for me to work part-time. There were always hours available to work and I had constant communication and constructive feedback from managers.
A great part time position.
Contact Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 16, 2015
Midco Connections was a great part time position. Very flexible, when my full time job hours changed, they were able to change as well. A great group of co workers. I learned a lot about assisting a variety of clients.
Pros
Very flexible.
Cons
Unorganized workplace with horrible management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 25, 2015
Unorganized workplace with horrible management. Is all about the numbers and tends to treat their employees as pawns instead of important assets.
Pros
Friendly co-workers that would attempt to help one another with the few resources that we had.
Cons
No full time opportunity, so no benefits.
Managers Sucked
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 24, 2015
Managers and pay sucked, not job security. They can and will fire you for no reason, overtime is mandatory even on holidays and they do not approve days off even if requested a year in advanced.
For a place where we're supposed to serve the customer, everyone is angry :(
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 25, 2015
*Massive turnover, we have people in management who don't know what their doing. I wasn't even there for a year and went through multiple managers
*huge hiring classes, most quit by first week
*Talktime is the most important goal
*Chairs are uncomfortable
*People are jerks, to the customers and eachother
*They have gears painted on the walls, which is what you feel like as an associate, a nameless, faceless gear, for people to exploit.

The most enjoyable part of the job was not being there, get your experience here and then leave for one of the many higher paying call centers in Sioux Falls.
Pros
Scheduling was flexible
Cons
Pretty much evreything
Easy work
Seasonal Rep (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls,sdJanuary 7, 2015
Nice place to work if you don't mind call centers. A lot of high school kids working there. Supervisors are nice and professional.
Fun and exciting
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 30, 2014
Great experience from walking in seeing great people. Get on phones all day helping cutomers or take orders.
Mildly depressing, and time consuming position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 18, 2014
While I liked the stability of working here, it cut a lot of time out my life between getting there, and all the hours I worked. It was also pretty sucky getting yelled at all the time.
Colleagues are very helpful and fun work environment
Call Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 29, 2014
My co-workers are really helpful with issues I may have with customers. Any issue that comes up with customer calls gives me the opportunity to research my resources for answers or ask my colleagues for help. I learn so much about conflict resolution techniques, working collaboratively with colleagues, and being detail-oriented with each customer. There is a good balance with challenging customers as well as pleasant customers. The hardest part of my job is working with challenging customers, but the most rewarding thing is brightening their day by caring for them.
A company that kept me on my toes
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 7, 2014
Developed highly empathetic client relationships and earned a reputation for exceeding service standard goals.
Answered a constant flow of customer calls with up to x number of calls in queue per minute.
Effectively managed a high-volume of inbound and outbound customer calls.
Addressed and resolved customer product complaints empathetically and professionally.
Gathered and verified all required customer information for tracking purposes.
Defused volatile customer situations calmly and courteously.
Accurately documented, researched and resolved customer service issues.
Mastery of customer service management systems and databases.
fun atmosphere to work
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 5, 2014
Answer between 55-90 calls per day, depending upon how busy or how many people are working. I've learned yelling at someone over the phone does not get you anywhere. The management try to make the work place a fun and filled environment by bring treats sometimes or having contests.
Waste of time and resources
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 26, 2014
This is a inbound call center SALES position not a customer service position as they advertise.
Worked here serveral months while looking for another job in my field, most employees had no high school dipoma, GED or worked in the work release program, 90% of people after orientation quits within the first 30 days.
They want you to work their "available hours" and not what you can work and with a very high VTO (send you home early, no pay). They have a point system that applys to employees but do not apply towards management and there is never any supervisors around on the floor, the floor is controlled by the "gate" which is usually 2 employees monitoring phone calls.
Their equipment is horrible every day I worked there something broke including during training, they train you in 100 plus merchants to sale stuff and plus take overflow customer complaints even if the customers only vent on you negitive, and different company calls are sent to you randomly so you may work in 30 plus different accounts in one shift.

They love to ask money for you even during orientation they ask you to donate a percentage of your money every payday to their charity.

If you have no Ged or HS dipoma this is the place for you or if you need something part time and don't need a steady income apply here.
Pros
Cons
Management, Training and getting VTO every day.
Negative Environment
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 5, 2013
I manage a large group of associates that take calls for orders and customer service calls. I am often asked to change my schedule with little notice. Associate pay is very low for this area, so turn over is very high. Meetings consist of 10+ people rehashing the same issues with no one taking ownership of the real issuses, so nothing is resolved. You must document everything in writing to "prove" the conversation happened. Culture has changed a lot the past year for the worse. Will be looking for another position.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
flexibility, management, pay
Horrible Training and Managers
Shared Agent (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 28, 2013
The training was not valuable. They train you on dozens of retail accounts, so you never learn about the companies. Every acount is different. No training for new clients. You get an email alert wtih a few quiz questions about the account a few days before you take calls on the account. Horrible pay. Was promised a great bonus plan. Does not happen. Mangers do not know the client accounts either. Keep laying off staff and losing clients. Bad culture. Everyone is unhappy.
Flexible hours
Shared associate (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 7, 2013
I answer phone calls for a large number of companies. Some of the customers can be very rude. Most of the time we are only able to leave messages for the companies customer service department when there is an issue with a customers order and that is very frustrating to both their customer and the Midco employees. The schedules are very flexible. Management was better a year or so ago, but seems to be going downhill now. I hear management talking not so nicely about fellow co-workers a lot and see them taking extra breaks all the time. Not very professional in my opinion. The pay is on the lower side considering other call center work in the area but for me the flexibility makes up for that. It is a lot easier to get bonuses if you are new because of the types of calls that you take.
Pros
flexible
Cons
management is unprofessional and callers are rude, very monotonous job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midco Connections. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9