Midco Employee Reviews

Great work environment!
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJune 28, 2017
I worked at Midco as a Tech support rep. The job itself was actually fantastic as far as call center jobs go. The benefits were really decent and the pay was fair. They invest time into training you so when you do eventually hit the phones you feel prepared and knowledgeable. the staff and managers you work alongside are friendly and encouraging. The problem I face with the job was long hours. If you are okay working weekends and possibly upwards to ten hour shifts this job is fantastic!
Awesome company to work for.
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 14, 2017
Excellent company to work for. You can work on your own but there is always help available to you from other co-workers or your supervisor. Always received yearly raises and cost of living raises too. I would still be working there today but relocated to another state to be closer to family.
Pros
Company vehicle, good benefits package, awesome management and co workers.
Cons
None to speak of.
fun work place
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sioux FallsApril 18, 2017
Midco is a fun place to work they take care of their employees, You keep busy so your work day flys by. The management and employees are awesome people to work with. The environment is like a big family.
Pros
care about their employees
Great Experience
Filed technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Wiliston, NDMarch 19, 2017
I have worked for Midco before and they treat their employees like family. I've never felt as if I was not treated with respect or gratitude for being the face of the company that the customers see. I would work for the company again in a heartbeat.
Pros
Great benifits all around, family setting.
Cons
Sometimes inclimate weather
Fabulous place to work
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 27, 2017
I spent one glorious summer working for the legal team at Midco. During this time, I was able to do tons of research and write many memos. Some of my research was really interesting, like the implications of the FCC's Net Neutrality on ISPs, or using drones for the production of commercials. I also did some of the boring stuff, like poring through endless documents, but it was never a chore. The corporate culture here is seriously positive. Everyone is really upbeat, the atmosphere is fun and energetic, and understanding. Compensation is very competitive. I felt like I really gained so many marketable skills and the company really did the best it could to ensure my time there was productive and helpful for my career track. The only negative is I couldn't stay longer, and/or there wasn't a job for me after graduation! Also, although I learned a ton about the practice of in-house corporate law, in a tight job market that knowledge hasn't resulted in a long-term career. I wouldn't go back and change it though!
you are a person, who is valued
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 6, 2017
I work in a smaller franchise of the company, so the workload is more stacked in the sense of, I am an installer, service tech, locator, P.M. tech assistant. But having said that, opportunities for advancement are around, upper management isn't afraid to talk with you. Of course you will have some managers which can be toxic. But that's life. But, work/life balance is great, pay is higher for the industry as well as training opportunities, and opportunities for advancement in pay. Most of us have met the CEO personally when he toured the company during our rebrand. I thought that was pretty neat.
Pros
benefits are great, pay is higher than most, job security
Cons
you'll have some toxic management, communicating can be lacking between departments.
Great place to work in a seasonal position
Seasonal Contact Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 30, 2016
Answer customer phone calls, place, edit, verify orders. Learned customer contact software. Management was supportive but pushy. Great co-workers fun team to work with. Hardest part of my job sales goals.
Pros
seasonal, flexible schedule
Cons
sales goals
fun out going workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 9, 2016
Enjoyed what i did and the company ver family oriented they reall care for the employees and the life they have outside of work i would have to say one of the best companies ever
Horrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South DakotaSeptember 19, 2016
Midcontinent has horrible management within the company. Employees are favored which is taken advantage of by those employees to its full extent and it is not a reflection of the equal opportunity employers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Midco Summary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNSeptember 12, 2016
Working at Midco has been a great opportunity for myself. After being there for a year and three months I have been able to knowledge myself in different areas of business that will benefit myself in future careers. I have worked as a Customer Service Representative for about 1 year and 4 months. I have been able to learn other tasks outside of my position such as the security systems that we sell as a service. Learning this opportunity has helped my communication skills and knowledge over the importance that this has on our customers. Management overall does a great job in helping with the questions that come up. My co-workers have been amazing since the day I have started. I find it extremely easy to work with them and we go beyond our expectations and help each other out along the way. The hardest part of my position is remembering some information that relates to my job. The information that is hard to remember I can find by reviewing my planner, looking on our website, and asking other associates on how to complete certain difficult tasks. The most enjoyable part of my position is working with customers to satisfy their needs. After working in a customer service position for about five years now I have found out my passion is business. Even though I have a great standing with this employer I'm eager to strive into new areas of business to help make myself a more rounded individual.
Pros
Commission, benefits, associates, management, customers.
Cons
Higher level positions are not in our area
Great Co-Workers, Upper management couldn't care less about the employees
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDSeptember 7, 2016
Stay away from this company if you have any desire to move up the ladder. I have seen several managers that were with the company for many years get the boot just because their salaries were getting too high. They won't fire the managers because they're afraid of lawsuits so they simply eliminate their position. Midco used to be a family oriented company but they are now worried about nothing more than the bottom line. Many of my co-workers are looking for other employment.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Poor pay, being on-call nights and weekends. Sometimes require mandatory overtime.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 9, 2016
In a normal day 60-100 Calls. Alot of rude people complaining about promotions expiring and less than a $1 increases on monthly bills. My customer service position was ended and rearranged with retention sales and video tech support.My 1st year raise ranked as a CS1 was .36 cents. Alot of young talent in management positions and no advancement opportunities. If you are looking for a great place to work,look elsewhere. The only thing great about Midco is how well the coworkers get along.
Pros
Casual Work Attire
Cons
Rude Customers, Bad Pay increases and no advancement oppotunities
Part time employees dont be taken advantage of
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJuly 14, 2016
Management poor, part time employees are taken advantage of. Poor training. When manager is needed to help with customer she often times will leave building or simply just not come out for assistance. She does not know how to assist customers when she is scheduled to work up front and often times messes up accounts and can to fix them because codes no longer exist.
Pros
Cheap services for home
Cons
Pto earned half rate of full time
great company, great management
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 1, 2016
The time I spent with midconinent was great. I loved every minute of it and all 4 on my managers were outstanding. great company to work with.
Excellent company to work for.
Field Technician II (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 8, 2016
Midco is an excellent company to work for. They are very customer focused and very generous to their employees. I learned many new skills working at Midco and everyone including the managers are very easy to work with. The opportunity for advancement at Midco is very broad and achievable.
Pros
Great company, benefits, great hours
Loved it
Inbound Sales II (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 4, 2016
Great place to work. Low turn over the managers are willing to work with you.

Sales are pushed and driven. Time management is very important. There are some people that are great and some that are not. Just like other jobs. I loved working here.
good employer
Inbound Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 4, 2016
Midco is a good company; however, the schedule does not work for what I need and they wont let me change it. I enjoyed my time there,
feel like a person, not a number
field technician (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 4, 2016
i always felt like a number in my previous employments. like i could be replaced any second they wanted. midco makes me feel like i am an important part of the team everyday, they understand people have lives, and try to work around that. as a national guard soldier, i require a fair amount of time throughout the year, they dont care, they always seems to go out of their way to make it so i can transition to and from duty. so i can pack, or unpack and spend some family time before and after. i came here looking for a job to pay the bills until i found something better, but i think ill stay and make a career. if you like being outdoors, and chatting with customers, i say do it.
Pros
great management, coworkers, decent PTO and benefits plans
Cons
can be labor intensive, at the mercy of the weather
Easy job, great pay, friendly coworkers
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 28, 2015
I was a top seller at my company for many months consecutively. I finished with twice as many sales as our number 2 seller during our Starz n Encore, and HBO incentives. I would rate the company fairly however management did seem to slack of more so than non management.
Good people to work with.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, ND 58078September 17, 2015
I enjoy the working atmosphere at Midcontinent Communications. It is a fun job with some rewarding aspects. However, it can be a very physically demanding job.
Pros
co-workers, and management
Cons
very physical job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midco. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval