Midco Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent company to work for.
Field Technician II (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 8, 2016
Midco is an excellent company to work for. They are very customer focused and very generous to their employees. I learned many new skills working at Midco and everyone including the managers are very easy to work with. The opportunity for advancement at Midco is very broad and achievable.
Pros
Great company, benefits, great hours
feel like a person, not a number
field technician (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 4, 2016
i always felt like a number in my previous employments. like i could be replaced any second they wanted. midco makes me feel like i am an important part of the team everyday, they understand people have lives, and try to work around that. as a national guard soldier, i require a fair amount of time throughout the year, they dont care, they always seems to go out of their way to make it so i can transition to and from duty. so i can pack, or unpack and spend some family time before and after. i came here looking for a job to pay the bills until i found something better, but i think ill stay and make a career. if you like being outdoors, and chatting with customers, i say do it.
Pros
great management, coworkers, decent PTO and benefits plans
Cons
can be labor intensive, at the mercy of the weather
Loved it
Inbound Sales II (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 4, 2016
Great place to work. Low turn over the managers are willing to work with you.

Sales are pushed and driven. Time management is very important. There are some people that are great and some that are not. Just like other jobs. I loved working here.
great company, great management
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 1, 2016
The time I spent with midconinent was great. I loved every minute of it and all 4 on my managers were outstanding. great company to work with.
Easy job, great pay, friendly coworkers
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 28, 2015
I was a top seller at my company for many months consecutively. I finished with twice as many sales as our number 2 seller during our Starz n Encore, and HBO incentives. I would rate the company fairly however management did seem to slack of more so than non management.
good employer
Inbound Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 4, 2016
Midco is a good company; however, the schedule does not work for what I need and they wont let me change it. I enjoyed my time there,
Good people to work with.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, ND 58078September 17, 2015
I enjoy the working atmosphere at Midcontinent Communications. It is a fun job with some rewarding aspects. However, it can be a very physically demanding job.
Pros
co-workers, and management
Cons
very physical job.
Relaxed and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 16, 2015
Mostly call center positions. Typical day would include sitting at you desk for the large majority of your day answering phone calls and helping customers find the right plan for their needs. You have two fifteen minute breaks each day and an hour unpaid lunch.
Pros
Easy and enjoyable work environment.
Cons
Not a lot of grace when you don't give 24 hour notice you'll miss work, including when you're sick.
great co-workers
CSR (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDAugust 12, 2015
My supervisor was great she would listen if there were any concerns we would have holiday parties. I enjoyed the schedule I had and I also got to work from home.
Pros
great money, benifits and management
Cons
hard work dealing with some customers on the phone
overall, a great place to be.
Retention sales (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 13, 2015
After working at Midcontinent for over eight years, I can say they are a great employer and would refer others to apply. Excellent benefits package and good pay.
Productive place to work with fun co-workers
Business Account Coordinator/Leased Network Buyer (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 22, 2015
I love working with sales and also doing the buying for our leased network. Working with telecom carriers and vendors is my true passion.
great place to work
PM Technician (Current Employee) –  Wabasha, MNJuly 2, 2015
You are in the field doing installation of cable all the time. You get to meet new people every day and help them with any problems they may have with there cable services.
Not for me
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 14, 2012
The job I had at this company wasn't for me. I believe that the company’s minutes/call production quota is unrealistic for the nature of the calls received in my department. I feel that lower level managers lack sufficient interpersonal skills. Typical work days are extremely busy. co-workers are reserved and unfriendly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers with no technical background when trying to resolve a technical issue.
Pros
good benefits, decent training, casual dress code, good pay
Cons
unreasonable production quotas, bad managers, a lot of rude and ignorant customers
when the going get rough...
past employee (Former Employee) –  in the call centerJanuary 2, 2013
Put in many hours that would cut into my time off and it becomes expected of you. Managers all stick together and to heck with the workers at the bottom even if the manager was in the wrong more than once. Not very family oriented. What goes for one should go for all but it doesn't if you are "teachers pet".

meet some great people while working their, others I wish I would have never known, two faced!
Pros
free cable and internet even for part timers
Cons
management
All Around Great Place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 22, 2013
I began at an entry level position and advanced through several positions over several years. The company changed a lot including becoming more corporate but in all that I felt the company never lost it's focus on its mission: focusing on customers. Management was always understanding and the benefits and compensation were great.
Pros
excellent benefits including free cable and internet
Cons
the pace can be intense at times.
Steady consistent place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2013
You go to work everyday knowing what you are going to do. Very stable, very predictable. CO workers are respectful and helpful. Management treats you fairly and gives you several chances. hardest part of the job was commuting but thats only if your knit picking . most enjoyable part of the job was always have 3 day weekends work four ten hour days.
Pros
home time, weekends, stability
Cons
chicago traffic
Fun atmosphere; great employee benefits;
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 31, 2012
On a typical day, I help customers resolve service issue pertaining to cable, data, and phone services. I complete all troubleshooting possible over the phone and enter trouble calls if all possible troubleshooting has been exhausted.

I have learned so much since starting work at Midcontinent. I have learned how to set up email accounts through various email programs: including Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, MacMail, and Thunderbird. I have also gained experience in troubleshooting both wired and wireless connectivity issues.

I would say that the hardest part of job is maintaining patience with disgruntled customers.

I think that the most enjoyable part of the job is the excellent employee benefits and working with such awesome reps.
Really takes care of their employees
Account Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 17, 2013
If you are willing to do what is expected of you, and strive to better yourself, Midcontinent will stand behind you. They have paid for all of my training and given me many opportunities for advancement. (Yes, starting there, I have gotten a GREAT promotion)
Pros
great environment, willing to train, great people
Cons
can't think of any
Working for Cruella Deville
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJuly 21, 2013
More, more, more. If you exceed their expectations, they just want more. Nothing is ever good enough. Don't get me started on when the weather turns bad. The manager can't make it in but the people on the phone are expected to make it in even if no travel is advised.
Pros
coworkers are fun, so so benefits
Cons
management has a whole different set of rules
Vary BAD place to work
Broadband tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Cambrige MN.February 21, 2013
If you would like to be Micro Managed this is the place for you. supervisers call you all day long, giving you no time to get your installs done. I don't think i have seen a company so top heavy with managment. If there are co-workers you you like to work with thay make sure you never do. No chance for advancement.
benefits
Cons
every thing else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midco. Our community is ready to answer.