Midco Employee Reviews in United States

Part time employees dont be taken advantage of
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJuly 14, 2016
Management poor, part time employees are taken advantage of. Poor training. When manager is needed to help with customer she often times will leave building or simply just not come out for assistance. She does not know how to assist customers when she is scheduled to work up front and often times messes up accounts and can to fix them because codes no longer exist.
Pros
Cheap services for home
Cons
Pto earned half rate of full time
great company, great management
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 1, 2016
The time I spent with midconinent was great. I loved every minute of it and all 4 on my managers were outstanding. great company to work with.
Excellent company to work for.
Field Technician II (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 8, 2016
Midco is an excellent company to work for. They are very customer focused and very generous to their employees. I learned many new skills working at Midco and everyone including the managers are very easy to work with. The opportunity for advancement at Midco is very broad and achievable.
Pros
Great company, benefits, great hours
Loved it
Inbound Sales II (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 4, 2016
Great place to work. Low turn over the managers are willing to work with you.

Sales are pushed and driven. Time management is very important. There are some people that are great and some that are not. Just like other jobs. I loved working here.
good employer
Inbound Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 4, 2016
Midco is a good company; however, the schedule does not work for what I need and they wont let me change it. I enjoyed my time there,
feel like a person, not a number
field technician (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 4, 2016
i always felt like a number in my previous employments. like i could be replaced any second they wanted. midco makes me feel like i am an important part of the team everyday, they understand people have lives, and try to work around that. as a national guard soldier, i require a fair amount of time throughout the year, they dont care, they always seems to go out of their way to make it so i can transition to and from duty. so i can pack, or unpack and spend some family time before and after. i came here looking for a job to pay the bills until i found something better, but i think ill stay and make a career. if you like being outdoors, and chatting with customers, i say do it.
Pros
great management, coworkers, decent PTO and benefits plans
Cons
can be labor intensive, at the mercy of the weather
Easy job, great pay, friendly coworkers
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 28, 2015
I was a top seller at my company for many months consecutively. I finished with twice as many sales as our number 2 seller during our Starz n Encore, and HBO incentives. I would rate the company fairly however management did seem to slack of more so than non management.
Good people to work with.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, ND 58078September 17, 2015
I enjoy the working atmosphere at Midcontinent Communications. It is a fun job with some rewarding aspects. However, it can be a very physically demanding job.
Pros
co-workers, and management
Cons
very physical job.
overall, a great place to be.
Retention sales (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 13, 2015
After working at Midcontinent for over eight years, I can say they are a great employer and would refer others to apply. Excellent benefits package and good pay.
great co-workers
CSR (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDAugust 12, 2015
My supervisor was great she would listen if there were any concerns we would have holiday parties. I enjoyed the schedule I had and I also got to work from home.
Pros
great money, benifits and management
Cons
hard work dealing with some customers on the phone
great place to work
PM Technician (Current Employee) –  Wabasha, MNJuly 2, 2015
You are in the field doing installation of cable all the time. You get to meet new people every day and help them with any problems they may have with there cable services.
Productive place to work with fun co-workers
Business Account Coordinator/Leased Network Buyer (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 22, 2015
I love working with sales and also doing the buying for our leased network. Working with telecom carriers and vendors is my true passion.
Relaxed and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 16, 2015
Mostly call center positions. Typical day would include sitting at you desk for the large majority of your day answering phone calls and helping customers find the right plan for their needs. You have two fifteen minute breaks each day and an hour unpaid lunch.
Pros
Easy and enjoyable work environment.
Cons
Not a lot of grace when you don't give 24 hour notice you'll miss work, including when you're sick.
Great work place
Network Operations Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 2, 2015
I wrote another review for Midcontinent a while back. Love the company and I highly recommend giving them a shot. Check out my other review!
A good company to work for.
Telephone Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILDecember 26, 2014
On a typical work day as a Telephone Service Technician, I would start at a customer's location that I set up an appointment with previously. I'd repeat this cycle throughout the day until I completed about 4-5 service calls. All service calls were within the 6 county Chicago area. There was an ongoing learning process as the technology associated with the equipment I serviced continued to evolve. Management was fair for the most part. If you were honest with yourself, you pretty much knew where you stood at all times. I can't say that there were any surprises. My co-workers were the best part of my experience there. They were genuinely good people, and I miss them. The hardest part of the job for me was the when I'd go to a service call and I'm confronted with a piece of equipment that I'd never seen in my life, and didn't know that the company even sold or serviced. I really hated being placed in that position, as it made me look like an amateur in front of my customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is what's most enjoyable about most field service occupations; the autonomy. I loved to manage and execute the process of my day without a supervisor literally standing over my shoulder.
Pros
the people i worked with, the pay and benefits.
Cons
time demands are high. you need to be prepared to devote a large portion of your life to this job.
good place
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXNovember 19, 2014
nice people to work for ,management wonderful away from home too long
Productive and enjoyed working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDOctober 15, 2014
Enjoyed working with the public and my co-workers! I got to learn alot about the equipment that we worked with daily.
no longer open
Safety and Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2014
this placed is closed down
hot work
good hours
safe
good coworkers
Good Business Practices
Team Leader/ CSA (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDApril 16, 2014
Midcontinent has provided me with many opportunities for which I am very grateful.
Great place to work.
Survey Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Great place to work. Frequent opportunities to discus field conditions / problems. Skilled coworkers and management.
Pros
big contracts.
Cons
short term contracts.