Midcontinent Communications

Midcontinent Communications Employer Reviews

Productive and enjoyed working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDOctober 15, 2014
Enjoyed working with the public and my co-workers! I got to learn alot about the equipment that we worked with daily.
Good Business Practices
Team Leader/ CSA (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SDApril 16, 2014
Midcontinent has provided me with many opportunities for which I am very grateful.
Midco
Inbound Sales (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDDecember 30, 2013
At first I loved the job but then found out that you had to be in a click. Also was frowned apon multi tasking when it was work related.
All Around Great Place
Manager (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJuly 22, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits including free cable and internet
Cons: the pace can be intense at times.
I began at an entry level position and advanced through several positions over several years. The company changed a lot including becoming more corporate but in all that I felt the company never lost it's focus on its mission: focusing on customers. Management was always understanding and the benefits and compensation were great.
Working for Cruella Deville
Customer Service (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SDJuly 21, 2013
Pros: coworkers are fun, so so benefits
Cons: management has a whole different set of rules
More, more, more. If you exceed their expectations, they just want more. Nothing is ever good enough. Don't get me started on when the weather turns bad. The manager can't make it in but the people on the phone are expected to make it in even if no travel is advised.
Really takes care of their employees
Account Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJuly 17, 2013
Pros: great environment, willing to train, great people
Cons: can't think of any
If you are willing to do what is expected of you, and strive to better yourself, Midcontinent will stand behind you. They have paid for all of my training and given me many opportunities for advancement. (Yes, starting there, I have gotten a GREAT promotion)
when the going get rough...
past employee (Former Employee), in the call centerJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: free cable and internet even for part timers
Cons: management
Put in many hours that would cut into my time off and it becomes expected of you. Managers all stick together and to heck with the workers at the bottom even if the manager was in the wrong more than once. Not very family oriented. What goes for one should go for all but it doesn't if you are "teachers pet".

meet some great people while working their, – more... others I wish I would have never known, two faced! – less
Not for me
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDNovember 14, 2012
Pros: good benefits, decent training, casual dress code, good pay
Cons: unreasonable production quotas, bad managers, a lot of rude and ignorant customers
The job I had at this company wasn't for me. I believe that the company‚Äôs minutes/call production quota is unrealistic for the nature of the calls received in my department. I feel that lower level managers lack sufficient interpersonal skills. Typical work days are extremely busy. co-workers are reserved and unfriendly. The hardest part of the job – more... is dealing with customers with no technical background when trying to resolve a technical issue. – less

January 2, 2013

Midco does seem to grab poor leaders or supervisors from companies that fired them or were let go for some reason and find their way to Midco.Some of the outside field techs have an attitude issue and are rude to customers. Seems to be a group that livein Harrisburg that are that way. But they are willing to freelance if you need an extra CATV jack installed. Midco does have it's bright points, with good health and dental plans.

Fun atmosphere; great employee benefits;
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDAugust 31, 2012
On a typical day, I help customers resolve service issue pertaining to cable, data, and phone services. I complete all troubleshooting possible over the phone and enter trouble calls if all possible troubleshooting has been exhausted.

I have learned so much since starting work at Midcontinent. I have learned how to set up email accounts through various – more... email programs: including Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, MacMail, and Thunderbird. I have also gained experience in troubleshooting both wired and wireless connectivity issues.

I would say that the hardest part of job is maintaining patience with disgruntled customers.

I think that the most enjoyable part of the job is the excellent employee benefits and working with such awesome reps. – less

About Midcontinent Communications

Do you want to be a part of something big? You’ve heard this before – “We’re Midcontinent … Part – Read more