MidCountry Bank Employee Reviews

Encouraged internal growth
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 8, 2016
Overall great management and leadership. Goal of management was to grow Associates from within instead of hiring outside. This was the case under previous management, not sure what it is like today.
Nice place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoyed working at Bremer Bank. Lots of nice people to work with and work for. The benefits were awesome! I would definitely recommend working with this company.
Pros
Benefits were awesome
Cons
Not a good place to work
Collection Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 6, 2015
Co-workers had little to no management expertise. The company did not do well at complying with state and federal collections laws. I witnessed multiple violations of the FDCPA and FCRA act by this employer. Highly unethical in the way they treat members of the military! No training program and upper management doesn't "walk the walk."
Pros
Break room
Cons
Management, location, lack of compliance.
account rep and or loan officer position
Lo/Acct Rep (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis/St. PaulNovember 28, 2014
If your a rep, low opportunity to close enough loans to make more than your draw. There really isn't a way to get exceptions approved more than any other company. The process is fine, but if you want to make any money, this is not the position. LO position would work if you have your own book of business, but other than that, no real flow in the banks at all. There are plenty of other options in the market that would offer a better career.
Pros
health insurance costs
Cons
if you are in sales, pick a bigger bank with more opportunity, or at least more career potential, The company is beyond old school.
Great meetings. Focused on the employees
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILOctober 14, 2013
MidCounty placed their emphasis on the employees, customers, and their shareholders....I that order. Their philosophy was if the employees were taken care of the customers would be and that would make the shareholders happy.

Employees were encouraged to inspire changes that would make the banking experience better for everyone involved.

Advancement was only available if willing to relocate to Minnesota
Pros
Fun place to work, customer base was great
Cons
Local advancement opportunity limited
Excellent Employees
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mounds, ILJune 4, 2012
The people you work with are great, but the company as a whole makes it impossible to succed. I was rehired with the employee for a new position and was told I didnt have to go to the new employee orientation which was the meeting that you recevie the handbook and another employee book with the guide lines because the company didnt let me go to the orientation i didnt get the booklets and the released me of my duties because i didnt know the job.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
eerything else
very poorly managed
Assistant Banking Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJune 20, 2012
MidCountry is one of the most poorly managed institutions in the industry. Upper management consists, predominately, of persons who were retained from failing institutions and, unfortunately, it shows in every aspect of their business. Employee's moral and satisfaction are extremely low, so much so, that a majority of the workforce is looking for other employment opportunities. I would never reccomend anyone working for this company.
Cons
endless
MidCountry is a great Company
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carbondale ILDecember 11, 2012
I have worked for MidCountry and have never felt more spoiled by a company. Upper Managment keeps their employees well informed on the direction of the company. Other financial institutions would just throw you to the wolves but MidCountry will give you endless training to ensure you know your job and whats expected. They have great benefits and competitive compensation. The employees were a great group of people to work with. If I didn't have to move out of the area I would have been with MidCountry until I retired!
Pros
great people and benefits
Cons
needs more locations!
Does not live by the values and norms they preach; lack of education in upper management
Financial Services Rep (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 5, 2015
I was initially shocked by the number of people in management who had no actual management education, degree, or experience. Information typically only flowed in one direction, top - down, so if you are looking to make a difference and help improve processes/procedures, look elsewhere. There are a lot of unnecessary processes that have nothing to do with federal regulation or law and simply take time away from customers; this company does not trust its employees and requires auditing of nearly everything. Systems are decades old and continually crashing or creating errors. Almost everyone I worked with would have walked out the door if offered a similar position with another institution.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Lack of education in upper management; communication only flows from top-down
Always something new to grow from
Mortgage Collector III - REO (Former Employee) –  Vadnais Heights, MNJuly 6, 2015
Everyone that I encountered was eager to help me succeed in this particular, professional field. I was part of a strong team with continuous managerial support.
Open accounts, customer service and teller duties
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 7, 2013
Our customer base was largely elderly and very needy. We did a lot of hand holding for them. I enjoy working with elderly people, so this was a great part of my job.
Pros
The customers.
Cons
We were located in a Cub Food store, so the hours were not the greatest. I worked every Sat. and Sun.
Great learning experience
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILDecember 11, 2012
Wonderful employers and employees. Great company to work for!
Pros
people you work with
Cons
not enough time in the day
Great values based company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILNovember 14, 2012
MidCountry Bank offers a professional and friendly work environment. The pay and benefits are VERY competitive.
Pros
pay, benefits
Great New Leadership...
Bank Manager (Current Employee) –  Metro, MNOctober 18, 2014
Community Bank that focuses on what's right for their customer.
Pros
Work and Life Balance...
Cons
Salary is behind market norms...
Very great place to work
Loan Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNDecember 19, 2013
Very friendly staff and supervisors, great place to work really miss this type of work