Middlebury College Employee Reviews

Easy to learn
Dining Hall Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTAugust 31, 2016
It was an easy job to learn and do successfully. I enjoyed it greatly and met some very friendly individuals. Although I wish the job challenged me more at times.
Good community
Research Assistant/Thesis Student (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTAugust 8, 2016
Generally, the supervisor and fellow student workers are lovely people. The atmosphere makes it easy to create a good work community and talk casually with your supervisors.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Fun and multicultural
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  middlebury collegeApril 22, 2016
This a diverse environment that complements an environment of being there to serve and see gratitude of appreciation in an healthy educational setting.
Pros
educational setting
Cons
lacking promotional opportunity
An educational but lonely experience
Reviewer, IMPULSE Undergraduate Journal (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, VTMarch 26, 2016
As an IMPULSE reviewer, I write peer reviews of undergraduate neuroscience articles from around the world. I learn how to think critically about scientific writing and give valuable feedback. The Middlebury chapter of the journal is managed by two older students, who provide some guidelines and advice for our reviews, but generally leave the reviewers to interpret the articles individually. The job requires focus and critical thinking, which can be difficult and tiring. However, it helps me improve my writing and sharpen my scientific thinking.
productive and fun place to work, very welcoming to new co workers willing to learn.
servery/utility worker (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, VTFebruary 27, 2015
My typical day at work is very busy and productive. We serve at least 12,000 students for breakfast, 15,000 students for lunch and 12,000 students for dinner. My co-workers are very awesome to work with, they are very polite and love teaching me new things. They make me feel very comfortable at my work place.
Pros
Free all you can eat lines, health benefits, great retirement plans, work there for more than a year, your childrn go to the school for free, you can take free courses while your woking.
Cons
Hot in the kitchen in the summer time.
Productive and Entertaining WorkPlace
Statistician (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, VTDecember 6, 2014
A typical day at work for me is getting to the arena about 30 minutes before game time. Prior to game time, along with my boss, ewe make sure we have all the players in the system that are going to be playing in the game along with the starters for each team. Once that is complete, we await tip off. I love working statistics for my college because it is a laid back, fun environment to work in. My boss's are part of the reason why the job is so enjoyable.
Great college job
Student Employment and HR Office, Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTJune 10, 2014
Working for HR was fun and relaxing. Really accommodate to a student's schedule.
Awesome place to work
Retail Food Operations Worker (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, VTJune 9, 2014
Middlebury college is an awesome place to work, and has awesome benefits. Although, if you are hired as part time and transfer to full time, it takes a while to start getting benefits.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay
Cons
A lot of full time positions that dont give you benefits
good
pot washer (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTJune 6, 2014
showed up on time every day and worked my hardest..I got along with all my co workers..there really was nothing hard about my job it was pretty easy.
Pros
all was good
Cons
nothing bad
Easiest Thing I've Ever Done
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTMay 7, 2013
I loved working in the kitchen....they would turn on the radio and we would sing and wash dishes, or cut vegetables or stir the pot or prepare items to be baked. A lot the skills I employ in my own kitchen that impress and intrigue people I learned working as a prep cook at Middlebury. My boss was one of the coolest people on the planet earth and he was very liberal. My fellow coworkers were high school students from the local area and the only other college student who had the same shift as I did was actually a close friend of mine. The hardest part of the job was the long hours that I had to spend on my feet sometimes without a break in sight...but at the same time it was one of the most enjoyable because when we turned on the radio I would sing and dance and the tiredness would seemingly fade away.
Pros
eating dinner early
Cons
long hours on my feet, lack of overtime
Overall a very valuable learning experience
General Manager Retail Foods Operation (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, VTApril 29, 2013
Running a multi unit food operation in a college setting has been very rewarding for the last few years. The interaction with students and staff has been a very interesting dynamics and i find that part the most rewarding
Serious and exciting workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTApril 10, 2013
Couldn't have asked for better opportunities! Employees are professional, knowledgeable and extremely supportive of their fellow staff members.
The large portfolio was exciting to manage!
Endowment Investment Manager (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTApril 5, 2013
This was a job in a gorgeous setting with alot of young adults among us, which made the work seem somehow lighter. The investment portfolio was large, and was not computerized when I was hired. It became a huge and very interesting project to implement software, set-up analysis and reporting functions, etc. It was also very interesting to work with the Board, and with outside investors, donors, etc.
Pros
some travel was involved, and that was enjoyable. also, educational opportunities existed for employees-a nice perk.
Cons
very political.
Great school environement
Hockey Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTApril 3, 2013
Middlebury is a great school and I feel lucky that i had the opportunity to learn in such a wonderful environment.
Excellent Place to work
Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTOctober 17, 2012
Very good pay, benefits and people in general. Very good to employees.