Middlesex Community College Employee Reviews

A+ The faculty is great
Gallery Coordinator/Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMay 20, 2017
Great pay and fun work environment. I worked in the art department which is obviously exciting and creative. The faculty is kind and helpful. I felt welcomed and valued, even though I was only meant to be there for one year.
work experience before going into the work force
Biotechnology Intern (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 11, 2017
loved it. was able to do school and work at the same time without the stress because management believed that we are students first. really relaxing and easy going.
Great job
Facilities Staff (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 23, 2017
Reffing soccer was truly a great and enjoyable job. It combined the workforce with physical exercise, while offering significant pay for such little time.
Great job for reentry into workplace after long absence
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 19, 2017
Great job for reentry into workplace after long absence.

This job includes calculating and verifying part-time payroll hours. And then entering this payroll information into HRCMS, the state payroll system.
Pros
nice people, job is interesting
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Great Faculty
Adjunct Math Professor (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 7, 2017
I have been teaching at MCC for a long time and the faculty I work with are caring individuals. As an adjunct the pay is not great, but it helps.
A rewarding place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 7, 2017
I have worked at Middlesex Community College for 24 years. Working with the students is extremely rewarding. It is a pleasure to help students reach their academic goals.
It was a good place to work about 3 years ago
Dirctor of Facilities (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAJanuary 25, 2017
Difficult to perform well no communication or feedback good or bad. A typical day at work is me being everyone's answer to all things and putting out fires. I have learned to deal with difficult people. The best part of my job is dealing with the educational individuals and the stakeholders
Handling science materials
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 10, 2017
Cleaned any and all science equipment. Put away all materials that were used for that day and set up labs that were going to be worked on for that day or for the future.
Part-Time Employee, not really qualified to review
Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 5, 2017
It is a pleasure to work with the students.
Despite what I was told during training sessions most students are excited to learn so long as they're acknowledged as people.
Some of the staff and administrators are excited to help students and realize that the teaching models must change as the student body and times change, however there are a few in critical leadership positions that believe their way is the right way simply because that's how they've always done it, or they simply don't want to change.
There is also the appearance from some of the leadership believe to be successful they must offer more difficult courses, but as a result they are acting in direct opposition to their purpose as a Community College, as they are not ensuring their students have adequate foundation skills.
Every Student Should Try It
Lab Assistant to Mr. Peter Galgano (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTDecember 10, 2016
This is a great way to study and earn some money out of your studies. Manager was very helpful, was working everyday, punctual, good listener. Co-workers worked hard and did often helped each other if tasks were harder or mentoring other required more than one tutor for any reason. Schedule was very flexible.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Great Management, Relaxing Workplace, Fun at Times
Cons
Challenging if not familiar with programs or bad with social relations
Nursing Program
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MANovember 17, 2016
MCC provides a great foundation to the nursing student. They Provide many clinical experiences that range from pediatrics, Med/Surg, Psychiatric, Community rotations. They provide support to all of their students to optimize their success.
A great place to work
Lecturer Department of Biology (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 4, 2016
Kolltan Pharm is a great place to work lots of very very good science going on and everyone gets alone. The work is very flexable and every one getlong great
Good for students
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 14, 2016
Good gig to have while taking classes at middlesex community college. Very accommodating to fit your class schedule and understanding when it comes to school/work balance.
Friendly environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 23, 2016
MCC was home away from home, Friendly environment. Employees cared about each other. I was sad to leave because of other employment. Everyone encouraged each other and there was always room for growth.
Small college, good steppingstone to teaching community college
Instructor, English/Humanities (Former Employee) –  Middletown/Meriden, CTOctober 25, 2015
MXCC was my first community-college teaching job. At the time, technology at the college was not as advanced (e.g. there were chalkboards instead of whiteboards in some of the buildings and lack of other teaching software like Quizdom).
I taught at both the Middletown Connecticut and Meriden CT campuses. The Middletown campus is larger and more accessible in both location and faculty support than the Meriden campus. The student population is much smaller at the Meriden campus.
I enjoyed having eyes and ears on my student's computers when I taught a DEV ED Reading class in my last semester at MXCC.
I had little access to my Dept. Chair or colleagues on a daily basis but was able to make appointments as necessary to meet with them.
I learned how rewarding it is to work at a community college and that set the foundation for another five years teaching English at another community college.
It was a great opportunity
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHOctober 15, 2015
· Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
·Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 10, 2015
Working within numerous departments, schedule appointments, traige calls, handle high call volume with curteous manner, manage confidential student records, exercise strict confidentiatly, work with high school students, parents and adult learners.
good place to work
Maintainer (Current Employee) –  BedfordAugust 3, 2015
The people in the department are very understanding of school work and are very flexible towards students. State job so it pay is consistent.
Always a challenge, as the Graphic Design market keeps changing.
Graphic Design Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 9, 2015
As the design market changes, so do the tools used to execute good graphics. The constant challenge is
1-Good design,
2- Great ideas,
3- The ability to find your market.
Working with students keeps you on your toes.
They always ask the hard questions.
I enjoy the challenges they bring to the classroom
Good and excellent environment
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Middletown CTJune 27, 2015
Loved working with other students and helping them get established in their new college setting. My co workers were always funny, loving and very respectful. They were always happy to see me. They also became more like family. Loved working at the school it was an awesome experience.
Pros
Loved it
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Middlesex Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4