Middlesex Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 23, 2016
MCC was home away from home, Friendly environment. Employees cared about each other. I was sad to leave because of other employment. Everyone encouraged each other and there was always room for growth.
Small college, good steppingstone to teaching community college
Instructor, English/Humanities (Former Employee) –  Middletown/Meriden, CTOctober 25, 2015
MXCC was my first community-college teaching job. At the time, technology at the college was not as advanced (e.g. there were chalkboards instead of whiteboards in some of the buildings and lack of other teaching software like Quizdom).
I taught at both the Middletown Connecticut and Meriden CT campuses. The Middletown campus is larger and more accessible in both location and faculty support than the Meriden campus. The student population is much smaller at the Meriden campus.
I enjoyed having eyes and ears on my student's computers when I taught a DEV ED Reading class in my last semester at MXCC.
I had little access to my Dept. Chair or colleagues on a daily basis but was able to make appointments as necessary to meet with them.
I learned how rewarding it is to work at a community college and that set the foundation for another five years teaching English at another community college.
It was a great opportunity
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHOctober 15, 2015
· Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
·Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 10, 2015
Working within numerous departments, schedule appointments, traige calls, handle high call volume with curteous manner, manage confidential student records, exercise strict confidentiatly, work with high school students, parents and adult learners.
good place to work
Maintainer (Current Employee) –  BedfordAugust 3, 2015
The people in the department are very understanding of school work and are very flexible towards students. State job so it pay is consistent.
Always a challenge, as the Graphic Design market keeps changing.
Graphic Design Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 9, 2015
As the design market changes, so do the tools used to execute good graphics. The constant challenge is
1-Good design,
2- Great ideas,
3- The ability to find your market.
Working with students keeps you on your toes.
They always ask the hard questions.
I enjoy the challenges they bring to the classroom
Good and excellent environment
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Middletown CTJune 27, 2015
Loved working with other students and helping them get established in their new college setting. My co workers were always funny, loving and very respectful. They were always happy to see me. They also became more like family. Loved working at the school it was an awesome experience.
Pros
Loved it
Cons
NONE
Fun workplace with great people
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJune 3, 2015
A typical day at work would be busy but fun, learning new things along the way. Management and co-workers are very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is the idle time. The most enjoyable part is the people you interact with.
Pros
Clean environment, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Not enough staff
Micromanigment
Landscaper/Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Edison N.J.April 24, 2015
The job it self was good enough but the management loves everything done in they way they want it done. Sometimes an employee has a better method of doing things and management is not open to their employees ideas.
Solid Community College Offering Opportunities to Many Types of Students
Adjunct Professor of Philosophy and Ethics (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 17, 2015
This college offers good, solid courses to many types of students from the suburban Boston area as well as minority students from Lowell and surrounding communities. The two campuses offer variety and the college is well managed.
workplace that enrich my potential and self growth
Peer Mentor and Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  30 kearney squareApril 8, 2015
I work there during weekday and Saturday. I learned how to be a good tutor and how to approach difficult students and motivate them to learn.
Pros
Workshop to improve my skill
Cons
minimal work schedule
Great coworkers and good work/life balance
Scribe (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAFebruary 25, 2015
I work with students with disabilities. The coordinator is great, as well as the teachers that I am in contact with. The best part is the students: although they are disabled, they have the most positive outlook.
A college that strives to stay ahead.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Crabiel HallJanuary 8, 2015
I am contracted in to provide adult education in effort to increase and or secure marketability.
I am delighted to be able to work with such a wonderful Community College. Everyone at this campus has been a delight to work with on every level. The students are terrific. The technology is up to date. It has been a great experience that I look forward to continuing.
Pros
up to date facilitiy and technology
Hard, intense, all incompassing
Dental Hygiene Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MANovember 10, 2014
In all honesty this position would be a 10 to 12 hour day job. It never would stop. You worked 10-12 hours and only be compensated for 7.5 a day.
The students are the best part about this job. They are helpful, kind and take instructions well. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the students of the college.
Pros
different departments were very helpful in training certain aspects of this job.
Cons
low salary, for such a unbelievable highly demanding position. no training of the position itself, constant demands of your time.
Toxic Environment
Admin (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MASeptember 18, 2014
Originally, I thought this place was filled with opportunities to grow professionally. As time has gone on I have noticed that it is not. Though the room for growth is minimal, that isn't the major issue. Many people that are employed here have an extremely negative mindset which affects their interactions with all departments. Unless you are involved in student activities, this place will be toxic for your psyche. Condescending emails and communications from all levels of management and staff. This place is not worth it.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Great Place!
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 30, 2014
Middlesex Commynity College is a great place to wrok. Freindly coworkers and flexable work schedules.
Pros
everything
Great fun place to work during school vacations especially with a good crew
Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJune 24, 2014
Every day (unless it was winter or raining) we'd start up the trucks, hitch up the trailer, load up all the tools needed for the day, then go mow/weedwack/mulch/etc until we were split up for other duties on campus and then meet up for breaks and the end of the day. I learned everything I know about landscaping and grounds work from my time at Middlesex as well as how to work effectively as a team to get tasks done on time with great results. Management consisted of four bosses but they all got along and let us do our work so the system worked from what I saw for all those years. My coworkers consisted of blue-collared workers, tradesmen, and a large crew of other twenty-something year olds who all got along like brothers for the most part. Hardest part of the job was keeping busy even after everything was done for the day and finding work for everybody to do. Most enjoyable part was working with people my own age and being able to joke around with them without anyone getting offended.
Great place to work.
Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJune 24, 2014
Professors were nice and working with students was great. Everyone I worked with was a pleasure.
Well diversed and affordable two year institution to go to when trying to achieve a great education.
Associate of Liberal Arts & Science (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 13, 2014
Middlesex Community College is a great college and a great stepping stool in order to further your education for a higher degree. When I was working for various positions there, I have learned quite a few things. Being involved in various clubs, I was able to apply what I learned as a leader into my work place.
For example, listening is such a skill that can be used within coworkers so that teamwork can play a role in this. Attentively listening to other coworkers can also prevent, from developing any miscommunications. The results came to that I was able to get along great with my coworkers, and achieve harmony with one another.
Finally, The greatest part of working there was learning something new every day and applying that to my work so that I could advance and grow more as an employee.
Pros
the job was flexible and only included hours of work between monday-friday.
Cons
i was only able to work a certain amount of hours per semester, depending on my financial aid package.
great place to work for
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 23, 2014
great peer of work relationship and benefits. management fine
Pros
good learning experience

4.4